September 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse buy because the Ivory looked very light in the store. It is, too - it's almost a light yellow as opposed to a skintone, which is an interesting option. It prevents that increasingly-orange tone I've gotten in the past from powder touchups. It's also a VERY dry formulation, without any of the waxiness I sometimes get from pressed powders. A little goes a long way and it's very, very matte. Some might not like it but for me it's a great summer shine-killer. The dry slightly crumbly texture is anything but glamourous though, and the compact is hideous (big blue square). I'm not sure I'll repurchase but I think I'll be hard-pressed to find something better that's this affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2003 8:54:00 PM More reviews by claudia945

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Shine Free Pressed Powder in Soft Cameo for the first time, unfortunately dropping it on the bathroom tiles and had to repurchase- it shattered completely, only after 10 or so applications. Very disappointing, so prepurchased in 'Natural Beige'- a slightly darker shade which was more suited to my skin, (more tanned in summer). Impressed with this great powder- value for money (AU$15), very light, almost translucent shades that glide on easily and mattify well. My t-zone is shine free (to an extent) for about 3 hours in summer, and most of the day during winter. Needs to be applied carefully, as being heavy handed will result in very obvious powder 'creases' and speckles of loose powder if not blended. Packaging is functional but not exactly glamorous, and comes with the standard thin powder puff. I use this for every day, or a big brush for special occasions. Whatever, both create same-ish effect. Overall, a lovely light powder, sheer and natural with a soft, matte effect, good value and you should get many applications out of it; just don't drop the damn thing

Damnit this powder cracked and broke in my bad without me even dropping it. What a bummer. It's a great powder apart from the cracking. Now i've lost two without even using a qaurter of the product

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2003 7:48:00 AM More reviews by gummybug

I have it in Ivory. A bit too light for me right now, but it was the perfect shade when I got it.

I can't say it's good or bad -- it gets the job done, but I'm not wowed. I'll probably never get it again. If I'll get an average powder I might as well get one in a prettier compact. :-P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2003 5:41:00 AM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dropped it both times I bought it. Shattered each time. I think it's a sign, because it sucks. STOP BUYING IT, say the beauty gods. In three or four hours, my T-zone isn't just glowing, it's refracting light. But I'm stuck with it for now because I've no idea what else to try. UPDATE: Palladio ownZ j00, Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2003 1:56:00 AM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently I tried this out in Golden. Not bad, not too heavy. Pretty natural looking and didn't cause any major problems...I would say thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2003 1:07:00 AM More reviews by irate1981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love my 2-way Maybelline cake! It's the best! the powder is smooth and it really makes my face look bright and matte. The powder's pretty long-lasting. i apply it in the morning and it lasts me the whole day. Plus it doesn't give me acne, which in humid Singapore is pretty common for me.
And the price is really easy on the pocket. I would reccomend this to anyone!
BUT the range (at least in Singapore) is pretty limited. They have only 6 colours and they're all pretty light. I use 24, that's the darkest and i'm a light brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this over and over again in "soft cameo". It's my favorite powder and I have never had a problem with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2003 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this in Ivory because I forgot my pressed powder at home and cannot go a whole day without powdering (oilies). This was on sale. I won't re-purchase this. Was not happy with it at all. It's nice in the sense that it doesn't cake, doesn't make you look like you have a lot of powder on. But, I didn't feel it really helped with shine. I didn't like the puff at all - bought some sponge puffs and put one of those in. Ok, but I've used better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder crumbles like crazy to the point where it can't be used. It also requires frequent touchups. It comes in good, realistic colors, but the pros don't really outweigh the cons.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2002 12:44:00 AM More reviews by booty

This product was a great color on my skin but it wasn't a long-wearing powder. After a few hours, my face would feel oily. Then, I would just wipe it off at work with a tissue and it would come right off. I wouldn't recommend buying this product if you're looking for a long-wearing, pressed powder.