Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 4/17/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Never thought I needed a primer before and by GWP's I ended up with two different brands to sample. It actually works pretty well by separating your lashes so mascara doesn't clump them together. I alternate between this and Lauder's primer. Who ever has the best freebie with purchase gets the sale.

on 4/10/2010 5:40:00 PM

Good primer. Prevents mascara from flaking, keeps lashes separate. A bit of a curling effect too. But the thing about it being so good at preventing mascara from flaking is that it makes it really hard to take the product off.

My mascara sometimes refuses to budge even after all my eyeliner and foundation has been removed. I suppose this wouldn't be an issue if you just used the Bi-Facil makeup remover, but my eyes are sensitive to those kinds of eye makeup remover.

on 4/9/2010 7:12:00 AM

This was my first mascara base, and I am really satisfied with it. I felt the difference of Lancome Clis Booster. I have longer lashes and no clumps anymore :)

on 4/8/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had been using the Shiseido Lash Base and love that product. It had run out and I had gotten this in a gwp from Lancome. I finally got around to using it and I absolutely love it. I found it made my mascara go on less clumpy and gave my lashes volume and length. I even was using it under my new dollarstore Azia mascara. I definately rec this product.

on 4/7/2010 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Brought this along with lancome definicils mascara, unfortunately this product does not hold curls well and makes it flop down within 5 mins.
It looks good when you first apply it to the lashes making it thicker and longer but it does not hold well.
I prefer clinique lash primer over this product. But the shiseido mascara base is my HG.
Price was about 19

on 3/30/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my first mascara primer, bought it on sale so the price was acceptable.
My experience is, that it makes my Hypnose easier to apply without any clumps. My lashes also look fuller with this. Will buy again.

on 3/26/2010 10:00:00 PM

There's a reason there's a 70% repurchase rate (at the time of this review).

Been using Cils XL forever and it makes a huge difference no matter your mascara ..... was a die hard Cils XL and Diorshow girl for at least two years (a record).

But the new Oscillation primer is the absolute bomb, and if you can spare a few extra bucks, it's like Cils XL squared. Double the bang of this baby, and that's saying a lot.

I know a lot of people have trashed the whole oscillating thang, but it really is worth the money for special occasions.

Cils XL is the best if you want to stay in this price point.

Caution: if you can get a tube of the Oscillation just once, you may not go back.

on 3/23/2010 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

in a regular mascara tube, goes on a bit on the drier side and is white. i applied the mascara right away and it still got clumpy. i had to pick through it more than i usually would. makes my lashes look longer but not sure if its a good thing-sort of looks spidery? i am going to keep trying. maybe i just need to try it with another mascara...?

on 3/17/2010 3:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara gives me the extra boost I need! It lengthens really well and looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes. Even my fiance noticed the difference! I wish it was a little less expensive but I'm definitely going to get this again!

on 3/12/2010 1:32:00 PM

It does make a difference to your mascara when applied straight afterwards. I was surprised and I have never used a mascara primer before, didnt feel the need and have always been a bit skeptical about them.

But now its one of my must haves! I felt it made mascaras less clumpy, this was seemed true when applied after YSL Fffet-Faux-Cils mascara.

I like to combine this with the perfect Lancome Hypnose mascara for beautifully framed eyes. It is expensive and I hope it will last me a long time and not dry up! The packaging as ever by Lancome is perfect.

- KK. =^_^= .v.