December 20, 2014 | 1118 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest I think this product is a bit overrated. I find the hairs soak up too much eyeshadow and because it's not firm the eyeshadow just sits between the bristles and therefore doesn't glide onto your eyelid like most other brushes. For 19.50 it was overly expensive considering that for me it doesn't even do a standard job let alone an amazing one. I was really disappointed with this brush as there's is so much fuss around mac brushes and this was the first mac brush ever bought.

On the positive side I can tell it will absolutely last forever providing that it's cared for properly. The handle is strong and firm as is the metal part; both made of high quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so you came here because you're looking for a new eye brush. You stumbled over my review and you don't know me, so why listen to a stranger? Okay, i admit that the 239 doesn't look very exciting. It's not angled, spiked or fluffy...
What it will do though, is pack that colour onto your lids (corner & crease), shade out and pack one colour on top of another, apply shadow to the bottom lid and your browbone. It does a lot, ladies. We all need at least one, so i urge you to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing brush. Worth purchasing and as good as everyone says. Undupable. (Which is not the case for the 217. My $1 ELF eyeshadow brush is just as good as that in my crease.) Most MAC brushes are totally unnecessary and perform no better than ELF or Sigma, but the 239 is a standout.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE in your set. The hairs are nicely firm, yet soft. It picks up a lot of color and it's fabulous. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone. I'm planning to get another one soon enough because this is the brush where you want to stock up on. It's definitely very universal in how you can apply eyeshadow. You can use this brush for almost anything, when it comes to eyeshadow. Definitely worth every penny. If you can find another brush with the same quality for a lot less cheaper, than go for it, but since I couldn't, I stuck with MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

The 239 is perfect for apply lid color. It distributes the color evenly. Needs to be in every girl's brush collection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the 239--it's perfectly firm for eyeshadow application. The one thing I don't like about it, though, is that it's got white hairs and therefore gets stained by eyeshadow colors really easily. I often have to clean this brush more often than my other brushes, which can be a pain, but it applies makeup well, so oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, i don't think i can rave enough about MAC brushes. #239 picks up colour like no other and it's the best brush you can use for depositing pigments and glitters without making a mess. Really lovely. I have seen many people complaining about MAC brushes being a bit pricey but just think that you are gonna have them for many years (providing of course, that you are gonna take care of them). My oldest MAC brush is 6 years old and it's still as good as new. I've had #239 for 4 years and it only cost me 20Euro.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try the 239 brush, but I'm use to a brush that's a little stiffer more like the 242. Which the SA actually gave me and I noticed as I walked out of the store that is was wrong. Now I wish I did notice until I got home because that was what would worked better for me.

The 239 is an awesome brush for the outer-v brush which I don't do that often but have the brush now to get the job done when needed.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I ended up swapping this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkLeopard24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for packing on color. Any shadow full of sparkles will stay right where I place it instead of falling onto my undereyes. It really is amazing, it's stiff but feels gentle against ur skin, doesn't shed at all and is easy to clean. It's so worth the $$$ compared to any shadow brush I've ever owned. The only thing is that it's not the greatest for doing a sheer wash of color lid to brow with, you need a softer brush for that. If you like pigmented looks, this is ur must have brush! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my 239 brush! It's so soft and applies shadow perfectly. I have tried many different shader brushes and this one is really the best. I can't believe I waited so long to get it! There is really nothing else to say about this brush - it's great and you need one! LOL