Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.3

2014 REFORMULATION: Cetearyl octanoate, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-10, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Rice Germ Oil, Squalane, Buxus Chinensis Oil, vitamin E, Ascorbyl Palmitate. OLD FORMULA: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polygltceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Tocopheryl, Stearoyl Inulin

on 6/1/2008 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It was great for a week--it did take off all of my foundation and it did wash off completely. I only needed one pump to cleanse my face and the consistency is a bit thicker compared to other cleansing oils, a big plus since runnier oils tend to go down my fingers (waste of product) way before applying to face. I found that no preservatives in this product is a good thing for my sensitive skin--no irritation during or after I used it. The second week was not so good though. I developed so many breakouts and it made my face sooo dry (my skin is normally oily this time of year)! I don't know...I just don't have luck with cleansing oils.

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride. continued >>

on 5/25/2008 2:43:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this product and I love how it removes all makeup and waterproof mascara. My eyes do get a bit blurry when the product gets into the eyes, but it doesn't hurt or sting at all. It also hasn't given me pimples on my combination skin (oily T zone). My skin feels really soft after using this product, even softer than before I use this product. But I follow this cleanser with another gentle cleanser (Spectro Jel) to make sure all the oil is washed off from my face. I don't really care about the expiry date, I used the same bottle for about 2 years (i didn't use it everyday during those 2 years) before I could finish it. It was as effective on the last day as the first day.

Avi

on 5/24/2008 11:21:00 PM

I have used many cleasing oils be4, this one is the best for winter, more gentle than shu uemura ones but still makes my eyes a bit uncomfortable. I'm not using it now but will consider to buy it when I finish my L'occitane one.

on 5/15/2008 10:27:00 PM

This makeup remover is one of the best that I've tried. I love that it removes most of my makeup if not all. It does get a little annoying cause it blurs my eyes when I get it around it. I follow this cleanser with the facial cleansing powder or another mild cleanser.

on 5/9/2008 5:46:00 AM

This is the cleansing oil I purchase over and over again for the past few years. It's the first cleansing oil I use and I don't think I'll ever change brand again.
I switched to Shiseido ultimate cleansing oil once coz I was using their sunscreen, and I thought I would try the same line to remove the sunscreen from my face, but it just doesn't feel as mild as Fancl. Shiseido's felt like I'm rubbing cooking oil on my skin with very strong perfume smell to me, and I don't like perfume in my facial products. When I use Fancl, it just feels so smooth on my skin. They said it is also OK to use with damp hands and face, though I don't often do that as it doesn't feel right. It is the only cleansing oil in the market that can work with damp hands/face, they said.
The packaging makes it a pain to carry when travel though. I have to buy their smaller bottle to use for that.

on 5/6/2008 12:48:00 AM

It's GREAT. So mild to my skin but so effective to remove make up! I put very heavy eye make up and 3 pumps can remove everything completely! The texture is so smooth so it can protect my skin from being rubbed. Easy to rinse off but a bit annoying when it gets into my eyes - very blurry! Doesnt hurt tho =) This is my HG cleanser! I've used up 3 bottles of it and still have 2 bottles left. I'll keep using it till I found another cleanser with the same effect but cheaper =P

This was my FIRST make up cleanser and the BEST ive ever used. Removes all trace of makeup (:

on 4/29/2008 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first attempt at using a cleansing oil. I was so scared to put oil on my slightly oily/clog-prone skin, but was pleasantly surprised at the results.

I like the packaging: A translucent bottle allows you to see how much product is left. A pump top is clean. The bottle comes with a cool little travel piece to keep the pump from dispensing in your luggage.

To use the oil, you just apply it to dry skin, gently rub it in for a minute, add a little water and massage more, and then rinse. It rinses clean, to my surprise and delight. I use Boscia Purifying Gel after this cleansing oil, just to be sure I have removed everything.

Two thumbs up on this one.

Edit 7/20/08: I am not using this cleansing oil any longer, as I have started making my own DIY oil cleanser (10% cromollient/90% safflower oil). Fancl is really great, if you don't want to make your own cleansing oil. It never broke me out, and always rinsed completely clean.

on 4/27/2008 12:11:00 AM

This removes makeup well, though the mascara takes a bit of time. It's gentle, emulsifies and washes off really well. I love how it has no added fragrance. I follow up with my regular facial cleanser though. I hate the 120-day expiry and I'm convinced it's a gimmick, because HABA's products last longer and they have no preservatives as well. I have since found another cleansing oil that works just as well and doesn't have an annoying expiry date that I have to remember.

on 4/24/2008 2:23:00 AM

This is one of my favorite cleansing oil. It has strong cleansing power, dissolves all foundation, primer, sunscreen, etc and clean my face throughoutly. It removes all the impurities without irritating my skin. After wash with water, I never feel grease, my skin is fresh, smooth and moisturied. I have to say it worth its price.