July 29, 2014 | 1493 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Kanjana

This is the cleansing oil I purchase over and over again for the past few years. It's the first cleansing oil I use and I don't think I'll ever change brand again.
I switched to Shiseido ultimate cleansing oil once coz I was using their sunscreen, and I thought I would try the same line to remove the sunscreen from my face, but it just doesn't feel as mild as Fancl. Shiseido's felt like I'm rubbing cooking oil on my skin with very strong perfume smell to me, and I don't like perfume in my facial products. When I use Fancl, it just feels so smooth on my skin. They said it is also OK to use with damp hands and face, though I don't often do that as it doesn't feel right. It is the only cleansing oil in the market that can work with damp hands/face, they said.
The packaging makes it a pain to carry when travel though. I have to buy their smaller bottle to use for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by catteys

It's GREAT. So mild to my skin but so effective to remove make up! I put very heavy eye make up and 3 pumps can remove everything completely! The texture is so smooth so it can protect my skin from being rubbed. Easy to rinse off but a bit annoying when it gets into my eyes - very blurry! Doesnt hurt tho =) This is my HG cleanser! I've used up 3 bottles of it and still have 2 bottles left. I'll keep using it till I found another cleanser with the same effect but cheaper =P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Sweettraumen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my FIRST make up cleanser and the BEST ive ever used. Removes all trace of makeup (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by evsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first attempt at using a cleansing oil. I was so scared to put oil on my slightly oily/clog-prone skin, but was pleasantly surprised at the results.

I like the packaging: A translucent bottle allows you to see how much product is left. A pump top is clean. The bottle comes with a cool little travel piece to keep the pump from dispensing in your luggage.

To use the oil, you just apply it to dry skin, gently rub it in for a minute, add a little water and massage more, and then rinse. It rinses clean, to my surprise and delight. I use Boscia Purifying Gel after this cleansing oil, just to be sure I have removed everything.

Two thumbs up on this one.

Edit 7/20/08: I am not using this cleansing oil any longer, as I have started making my own DIY oil cleanser (10% cromollient/90% safflower oil). Fancl is really great, if you don't want to make your own cleansing oil. It never broke me out, and always rinsed completely clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This removes makeup well, though the mascara takes a bit of time. It's gentle, emulsifies and washes off really well. I love how it has no added fragrance. I follow up with my regular facial cleanser though. I hate the 120-day expiry and I'm convinced it's a gimmick, because HABA's products last longer and they have no preservatives as well. I have since found another cleansing oil that works just as well and doesn't have an annoying expiry date that I have to remember.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lazycatzzz

This is one of my favorite cleansing oil. It has strong cleansing power, dissolves all foundation, primer, sunscreen, etc and clean my face throughoutly. It removes all the impurities without irritating my skin. After wash with water, I never feel grease, my skin is fresh, smooth and moisturied. I have to say it worth its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 5:08:00 AM More reviews by eva4stars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oil-combi skin and this cleansing still suits me.It may feel oily when apply on face. But after wash off, my face just feels clean, smooth and moisturise. It is also my eye make up remover too.

Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil is my HG! I have tried other make up remover but none of them can beat Fancl MCO. Really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by vanilalam

This is the first makeup remover I've tried, so after finishing a bottle I went on to try other brands. That was when I realized nothing else could beat this Fancl cleansing oil.
It's a great product that is very effective in removing face+eye makeup. I have oily skin but it does not make my skin any worse though it's oil-based. It is not drying either!
Totally worth the price when you consider the fact that you don't have to buy seprate eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by casia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product on MUA and I love it. I have combination skin with acne that gets terribly red and dry from even the tiniest amount of my topical rx. In winter, my skin is a disaster. Constantly breaks out, yet is dry, red and flaky. All cleansers burned because my face was so irritated.

I gave this a try and I really like it. I was hesitant, thinking it would be too oil since it is "oil" but it's fine. I don't use the washing powder or anything to clean it, I find that I have no residue from it. I go about my normal nighttime rx and moisturizer.

I do not use it to remove eye makeup, I don't think anything but eye makeup remover works well for me, but I do like that I can get it right up under and all around the eye to remove concealer, etc. and it doesn't bother me at all. The texture feels so nice.

It hasn't helped or hurt my acne, which is limited to breaking out along the jaw. I think my forehead lines look softer, so maybe this has been less harsh than the other cleansers I was using.

If you are like me with acne but also an assortment of other skin concerns, including dryness and burning from water/cleansers and rx, you might want to give it a try.

Thanks, MUA for this rec!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Loves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is truly my HG cleanser. I have been using this for years. I do use a foaming cleanser after this since I have oily combination skin. This has no preservatives nor mineral oil and is so gentle yet gets rid of makeup and sunblock easily. Unlike some other cleansing oils, this doesn't cause breakouts and is relatively cheaper than some other brands.

I apply the MCO directly onto my dry skin, not damp, and gently massage the MCO all over. Then I wet my hands and massage further. The emulsification process supposedly helps to get a thorough clean. If I'm lazy, I'd just rinse off under the shower.

I've always know this was gentle but didn't really see proof of it till just last week when I came back from a Pixel and ND:Yag laser session why left my skin bright tomato red. I could clean my face as usual because the lasers are non-ablative ie no open wounds on skin. But can you imagine in the first few hours after the lasers, cold water felt like hot needles but not the MCO.