BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Medium

4.2

on 8/3/2007 4:29:00 AM

Arg, I wanted to love this! Unfortunately the product didn't do much for me...here's a couple of reasons...
1. The packaging...although it looks nice and cute and compact it was freaking hard to open (it may have just been mine...but I wouldn't repurchase it purely b/c I had to have my husband pry it open every time!)
2. The tweezers...such a novel and good idea...but the tweezers sucked! They're cheaply made and although nice for travel...when the heck do I ever care that much to do my eyebrows while traveling lol. So although it sounds good...I couldn't actually tweeze many brows because they don't grab at all.
3. The wax and coordinating color were just "eh" to me. I think there's much better products out there that make the brows stay and although I liked the color...it didn't seem to stay long at all...just so mediocre for the price

Sorry gals! Just wasn't a fan =(

on 7/16/2007 11:07:00 PM

I seriously don't know how I lived without this. I think brow zings look so much more natural than using a pencil, plus it is so easy to use and incredibly compact. I think I am hooked for life!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product so much!!!

I have very dark brown hair, almost black, but my eyebrows are very sparse and light. I've been using this product since my freshman year of high school, and I don't know what I'd do without it! It REALLY brings my look together. If I don't have a lot of time to to get ready in the morning, I do foundation, maybe concealer, mascara, and BrowZings. That's it!

It lasts all day with barely any touching up. Plus I really love how natural it looks, unlike pencils or just powder alone.

Recently I switched from medium to light because I didn't realize the SA had given me the wrong color, lol. But surprisingly, it still works pretty well. It's a little bit lighter than I would like, but if I put a little more of the powder on top, it looks just fine.

My one gripe about this product is that the compact breaks easily when dropped, and sometimes the brushes get grimey and can get lost easily.

EDIT: I've since noticed that this shade clashes with my hair color...the wax doesn't seem to have red in it, but the powder? Ohhh man! DEFINITE reddish-brown color...I actually had a guy point out to me once that my brows didn't match my hair! (Sephora lists Medium as being for medium brown and red hair.) I've been using Revlon's Brow Fantasy pencil in Dark Brown to compensate, but since my hair lightens up during the summer to more of a medium reddish brown, I will hold onto until then. Maybe by this winter I will try out the Dark shade even though I always thought it looked too dark. Also, this stuff does NOT work well over BE foundation unless I apply the wax before my foundation. Otherwise it balls up and flakes off. Maybe this is yet another sign that I should go back to Lancome foundation...

I am so happy to finally have this! Easily the best eye brow kit on the market. A great value and a lot of quality - the kit is a mirrored compact with a chocolatey colored wax, a medium brown powder, an angled brush, a round brush and a small pair of tweezers all for $29. I'm a bleach blonde and I use Medium to give a more natural, classic contrast to my brows which have been overplucked. I'd recommend medium for anyone with the exception of gingers and dark, cool toned brunettes.

on 6/5/2007 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Brow-zings-- and I like the tweezers, they are great if you travel! The waxy part is great-- but on my 2nd time of purchasing it, the wax wasn't normal-- Macy's was kind enough to exchange with no problem. I don't think the powder portion stays on too long, but I absolutely love it.... I highly recommend this to anyone-- even if you don't think you need "eyebrow control" or "I don't where eyebrow liner" this product is for EVERYONE-- even those natural look women. Everyone needs a little help now and then!

on 5/12/2007 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think the product is great and with a small amount of practice it is easy to get a great result, whether going for a natural look to colour up brows for the day, or even to create a more glamorous and obvious brow.

I never use the brush supplied as it is way too small and cannot imagine why they bother putting tweezers in when there are plenty of good quality tweezers out there, maybe they could replace that with more product.

I always struggle opening the lid on this one, but often do with benefit products, but I am still a repeat buyer.

on 5/10/2007 12:47:00 PM

I love this. This brow kit is just perfect for my badly groomed and asymmetrical eyebrows (due to genes and over-tweezing during my high school days - I'm letting it grow back now but it's painfully slow). I'm glad I bought this instead of their Speed Brow - I tried that one in the counter but it did nothing for me. I have one complaint though - the powder brush was shedding hairs. I was very frightened when I was using it at home and some of its yellow hairs came out of the brush and were left on my eyebrow (perhaps it got pulled by the wax).

on 5/7/2007 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this product. it defines my brows well. the packaging sorta sucks because it's annoying to open and the brushes might pop out a bit, but the formula is great.

on 2/11/2007 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Zing! I am pleased with my Brow-Zing purchase from BeneFit. BeneFit used to have another brow-waxie-thing that I bought about 7 years ago in black and I still have more than 80% of it left. But after buying Brow-Zing, I now use it as eyeliner/eyeshadow.

I have natural, untrimmed, black brows which are slightly on the thin side. I tried shaping my brows once and the thinner hairs that give your eyebrows depth have yet to grow back. Due to this scare, I will never attempt to shape my brows ever again! Since then I've been trying products and even making my own products to reproduce those lost hairs without looking really fake. I've tried brow gels, eyelash tint, tinting my own brow gel, etc. But then I ran into Brow-Zing and I tell you, its quite natural looking. I bought the Dark set which may look light for someone with black hair, but it goes on quite natural (unless you tint your brow hair black, then you might have problems).

What I love about this product is the wax! If they sold the wax alone, I think that's the only thing I need to tame my natural and unrully brows! It gives them shape unlike the many brow gels out there that tend to tear off my eyebrows. I fill in the sparse areas with the pigmented powder (eyeshadow) that is in the complimentary pot next to the wax. You can easily adjust the darkness by blending or applying more wax.

I have naturally oily skin (under control its dewey), so this Brow-Zing compact complements my skin without looking harsh like the pencils or powders in other lines.

At first I thought this product was on the expensive side for brow attire, but when I remembered how long my older protege of this stuff lasted me for like 8 or more years, I thought it would be worth it. Its great because one of the pots (wax) tame the brows, while the other pot you can use for eyeliner/eyeshadows, etc.

I hear that the Kevyn Aucoin eyebrow pen is something of miracles, but till I try it, I would have to Benefit has me won over.

on 12/28/2006 8:29:00 PM

the package are nice and caring. Tweezer + wax + brownish power, very handy for travellers. But I don't think the powder stay very long(normal eyeshadow powder), the wax didn't keep the shape well (it just looks like harden vaseline to me). Tweezer aren't so useful. Who would "browzing" while going out while she can do a better "browzing" at home with cheaper and more efficient alternatives. I just don't get it. I tried to refund it, but the sales at MACY's said it's not refundable since I had used it. what a waste.

Popular Brows Products