August 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

This works great so far - I do wish there was more in the package or at least the compact should be refillable.
I use this with the pencil concealer stick and the two together make a great combo. My suggestion is if you wear this alone, to have a good moisturizer on underneath, even if you are applying the powder wet. To set your makeup or the wet powder, it's better to use a dry brush than the sponge. ANd I use the Vitamin E face mist to set everything.
Overall not bad, the best I've used so far and easy to use. I'm kind of picky about foundation/powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. Love this. You can use it dry or wet, and it does not look like you're wearing powder at all. Fantastic!:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I believe this is one of the better powder foundation. It doesn't really oxidize on me (which is a huge plus), coverage is okay, not cakey. The problem is that the palest color available in Indonesia is #2, which is tad too yellow for my NC15-20 skin. Pricewise, it's not cheap. For the amount of product you get, it's comparable with MAC's foundation here in Indonesia. And I actually like the dull old packaging rather than the new shiny compact, LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by norrine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally love The Body Shop but I was disppointed with this product. It melted right of my oily skin and accentuated any dry flakes. However, I would recommend this foundation for anyone with normal skin for evening out skin tone as a foundation and then using as a powder for quick touch-ups. I did love the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by StarryG121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product after noticing that The Body Shop had re-vamped all of its make up line with new packaging and new make up colours/formulations here in the UK. I bought this in shade 03 which matches perfectly with my NC20 skintone - it's not too yellow or too pink which is usually a problem when I buy new foundations. I prefer it to other powder foundations I have bought (including MAC Studiofix, Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Prescriptives AnyWear) because it is natural looking, does not dry out my (fairly oily) skin whilst keeping shine at bay. It also has good, buildable coverage and is not too expensive. I love the silver compact too, although it doesn't look like you can buy refills yet. I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by katiedid0985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was sad because I love love loved the old formulation. However I don't love the new one. It might work well on more oily skin but on my normal to dryish (especially in the winter) skin it make my skin look flaky even after lots of moisturizer. Other than that the color was good for me (#2) and the packaging was nice and easy to use, but sadly it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 7:53:00 AM More reviews by JulianaEs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I achieved flawless-skin-look with this dream-comes-true foundation. As i've combi-oily-acne prone skin with acne scars a bit here and a bit there, this product is a definite two thumbs up. I used it during my wedding day (on top of concealer no.4) and my, my! Even my friends were wondering how i managed to have flawless skin in such short period (since they knew i applied the bridal makeup myself, they thought i was simply glowing from within). It gives perfect coverage, so i can forgive the cheap-looking compact case (thank God they-ve just revamped the packaging while i'm writing this!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Hitsumei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Handy little foundation that gave me the perfect skin tone match that I've been searching for, for close to a decade now. I love the fact that I only have to use a very small amount and the amount of cover is up to me and I can thicken it up as little or as much as I need when I'm having a really bad skin day and I still look natural. It wears really well throughout the day, doesn't melt, run or rub off on clothes, the best thing I ever used by far!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by goldencrabby

Love it! Ok first off, they re-did all the make up and packaging! It looks sooo much better now. I'll admit 15 bucks a lil' pricey, but in regards to other brands that retail for 30 and above its not bad at all. It does a great cover up job, it doesn't feel or look too 'cakey.' I'm actually proud to pull out my nice shiney silver compact instead of the old dark colored plastic container. I have nothing but good things to say about the new make-up!

They also have a new oil-free foundation with SPF 15. HECK YES! I've used TBS products for years and am so glad they brought back the oil free foundation + with spf 15! If you need more coverage then the AIO offers, use the oil free foundation under and top it off with the AIO. It works fantastic, my skin looks so clear!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 9:36:00 AM More reviews by crihai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this with the face/body brush of TBS because I dont want to much coverage, then I use the sponge to blend in certains areas. Blending is also very effective for diminishing pores. This is like a powder, but gives more coverage then a power, even if applied with a brush, is more creamy and the brush absorbs more product(I think the life of the product will be shorter then for a powder). The finish is natural, but matte as with a powder, I would have prefered something more glowy.
Edit: This has grown in me and it's pretty much my favourite foundation. I don't use it daily though because I prefer something more natural, like Everyday Minerals, but when I don't have time I go for this. It's very easy to apply with the sponge, looks natural and has good staying power.