November 29, 2014 | 1462 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far I am really liking this. I bought it in the 02, which appears to be a perfect match for me. I used this before with the old packageing, which I found slightly less cumbersome than this, but this seems to give me a far more natural finish and more coverage than before. I still need cover up for large pimples, but otherwise my skin looks SO good with this. I was using Clinique's powder foundation, which I like, but it seems to not last as long and does not control my oil like this one. I had forgotten how much I like The Body Shop makeups. It is not cheap, $18.50 CAD, and I got it for free with my love your body card bonus, but the fact that I am not re-applying 3 times a day helps it to last. This honestly may be a HG, let's hope!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. This reminds me of a mock Studio Fix. I used it for over a year because of the good coverage, but I know that I can find better. It goes on and feels itchy, also REALLY cakey. You can totally tell that your wearing it, and the texture is horrible on my skin. It rubs off REALLY easily too. It doesn't wash off well either. Takes me 4-5 washes to get it off completely. :( Looks/gets greasy too. Although this product isn't freakishly expensive, it's still not worth the 20 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

This works great so far - I do wish there was more in the package or at least the compact should be refillable.
I use this with the pencil concealer stick and the two together make a great combo. My suggestion is if you wear this alone, to have a good moisturizer on underneath, even if you are applying the powder wet. To set your makeup or the wet powder, it's better to use a dry brush than the sponge. ANd I use the Vitamin E face mist to set everything.
Overall not bad, the best I've used so far and easy to use. I'm kind of picky about foundation/powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. Love this. You can use it dry or wet, and it does not look like you're wearing powder at all. Fantastic!:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I believe this is one of the better powder foundation. It doesn't really oxidize on me (which is a huge plus), coverage is okay, not cakey. The problem is that the palest color available in Indonesia is #2, which is tad too yellow for my NC15-20 skin. Pricewise, it's not cheap. For the amount of product you get, it's comparable with MAC's foundation here in Indonesia. And I actually like the dull old packaging rather than the new shiny compact, LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by norrine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally love The Body Shop but I was disppointed with this product. It melted right of my oily skin and accentuated any dry flakes. However, I would recommend this foundation for anyone with normal skin for evening out skin tone as a foundation and then using as a powder for quick touch-ups. I did love the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by StarryG121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product after noticing that The Body Shop had re-vamped all of its make up line with new packaging and new make up colours/formulations here in the UK. I bought this in shade 03 which matches perfectly with my NC20 skintone - it's not too yellow or too pink which is usually a problem when I buy new foundations. I prefer it to other powder foundations I have bought (including MAC Studiofix, Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Prescriptives AnyWear) because it is natural looking, does not dry out my (fairly oily) skin whilst keeping shine at bay. It also has good, buildable coverage and is not too expensive. I love the silver compact too, although it doesn't look like you can buy refills yet. I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2006 2:07:00 PM More reviews by katiedid0985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was sad because I love love loved the old formulation. However I don't love the new one. It might work well on more oily skin but on my normal to dryish (especially in the winter) skin it make my skin look flaky even after lots of moisturizer. Other than that the color was good for me (#2) and the packaging was nice and easy to use, but sadly it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 7:53:00 AM More reviews by JulianaEs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I achieved flawless-skin-look with this dream-comes-true foundation. As i've combi-oily-acne prone skin with acne scars a bit here and a bit there, this product is a definite two thumbs up. I used it during my wedding day (on top of concealer no.4) and my, my! Even my friends were wondering how i managed to have flawless skin in such short period (since they knew i applied the bridal makeup myself, they thought i was simply glowing from within). It gives perfect coverage, so i can forgive the cheap-looking compact case (thank God they-ve just revamped the packaging while i'm writing this!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Hitsumei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Handy little foundation that gave me the perfect skin tone match that I've been searching for, for close to a decade now. I love the fact that I only have to use a very small amount and the amount of cover is up to me and I can thicken it up as little or as much as I need when I'm having a really bad skin day and I still look natural. It wears really well throughout the day, doesn't melt, run or rub off on clothes, the best thing I ever used by far!