September 18, 2014 | 1803 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Lexlii

I really like the exfoliator. I've always been afraid of exfoliators because of what it can do to skin if you already have pimples on your face and that's generally how it was for me for a long time. However, after a year of not having pimples, I got over my fear and purchased this. It is so so very nice. It makes my skin really soft right afterwards that I just cannot stop touching it (I know, very bad ><). I DO break out a bit afterwards though, so that's why I'm not giving it a full 5 lippie. I'm just thinking that it's getting rid of all the crap in my pores so that's why I break out a bit afterwards. It's not a big break out or anything, so it's alright - especially since it's becoming less common.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFashionista

I have combination skin and occasionally will breakout. I was petrified in trying an exfoliator 1) because of the fear of breaking out and 2) my face isn't totally sensitive but it has its moments. So my mom is a Clinique only addict and I have always seen all her products and finally got the courage to try the exfoliating scrub. I must say, I really love it. The tiny grains are so small and fine. I didn't scrub hard, which isn't advised with any type of scrub anyways. I did mix it with my Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser, which only enhanced the effect of the scrub. My face felt soooo soft afterwards. Though it was my first go at the scrub, I think it's a winner.
P.S. I gave it a 4 for price because I didn't buy it (it was my moms which = FREE haha). But I think you can buy it for at least for a reasonable price

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by csforester

One of the few Clinique products that actually broke me out horribly. I kept giving it a try and it kept breaking me out so back to the store it went!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lady_baby_doll

So, I have to admit, I love exfoliating, and I am kinda guilty of over-doing it. But I can't get over the feeling of super smooth skin the morning after (cuz i always exfoliate in the pm) and how smoothly my makeup glides on, and how even and glowy my skin looks. I have to say, that this is a staple for me in getting that celebrity modelesque, smooth glasslike skin. My skin type is combo, and my skin isn't too sensitive, so I do use this every other day, and I have to admit, I'm not too gentle. Which I will change, because I heard that's really bad for your skin and it'll show up when you're older and blah blah. If you have really dry skin, then for sure this isn't for you, and clinique reps, and even the website says that. But if you have oily, or even moderately oily skin, then you will benefit by this product for sure. I have acne prone skin too, and this scrub actually keeps them away. This is a staple in the summertime, otherwise my face would look .... not pretty. But when is acne ever pretty. I use a pretty generous amount, maybe the size of a quarter, and then I smooth it over my face, and I rub it in circular motions for a minute or two, and then I just let it sit there for another minute or two, and then I wash it off, tone, moisturize pretty heavily, and done. =) It is kind of expensive, it costs me like...28 bucks or something? But, I have tried others, and I just...they just didn't do it for me. Biore, St Ives, etc etc. I didn't really like them, they didn't seem to help with breakouts, and my skin didn't feel as smooth afterwards. SO...I think that's all I can say about it. Oily girls for sure give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. Combo girls too. Dry skinned girls....this may hurt you a bit, and aggravate your skin. The 7 day scrub might be better for you. =) I hope that helps someone. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Hinarobinson

All i can say is love this product, love this product, love this product. Best scrub I have ever used this makes your skin feel super smooth. You need to use this 3 X a week. This scrub is for ppl. with oily skins!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by kmbirkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this scrub - it is THE best, end of story. My face always feels so smooth and my skin looks so radiant after I use it, which I do more often that I probably should (every other day or so) just because I love it so much. I have been using it for about two years and am on, I don't know, maybe my fourth tube? Fifth? I don't know. It's wonderful.

One other thing - I won't touch their 7 Day Scrub Cream or whatever it's called with a ten foot pole. I've tried it a couple of times and it breaks me out SO bad, even when I wash my face immediately after using it. So watch out for that one - oily skin or not, go for the Exfoliating Scrub, not the 7 Day Scrub Cream!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my HGs!
I absolute adore that exfoliating scrub. The granules seems very tiny and they exfoliate the skin really gently. You don't need to rub hard to achieve that "celebrity" glow.
And also - a little goes a looong way.
Really one of the best products out there! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by frankieface

Not bad but the thing is I just can't really see a difference.
I use this twice a week and have done along with the rest of the clinique 3 step system everyday but although I love the way this feels when I'm using it, afterwards I just can't really see much of a change.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub! It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and it gives my skin a very natural glow. I use it once to twice a week, it feels so fresh, which is a plus in summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years and its always done it's job well. I've tried St. Ive's scrub after seeing it win so many awards, but I've come back to this one. St. Ive's is far too abrasive and doesn't rinse clean like this one does, and my skin is oily, especially in the nose and chin area and acne-prone. This exfoliates very well, however, I've found that an aspirin mask exfoliates even better. Although the aspirin mask is even better I don't use it too often, because I don't want to be too harsh on my skin. This scrub gets used in between the masks. This really helps to keep pores clean, has a nice menthol scent, and just in general makes my skin feel refreshed and smooth.