Essie Fiji

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It's the newthing and popular, mommy and me love it and wear it

on 5/22/2011 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a manicure with this color after seeing Emily on Brad's season of the Bachelor. It's beautiful color- a nice pastel pink, definitely up my alley. I'll be buying it for sure.

on 5/16/2011 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm so disappointed with this polish. It was actually the first Essie nail polish I purchased. The color looks beautiful in the bottle. Very girly and classy. I was excited to try it, but the application has become just too impossible. I've tried multiple times every which way and it still turns out streaky and just a complete mess. I can't make it opaque without it looking just, well, messy. Big thumbs down for this one. The only reason for the lippies is because it's such a nice color. Too bad.

on 5/7/2011 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gosh, this color is just beautiful. Unfortunately, that is all it has going for it. The streaking that occurs with this color is unacceptable. Fiji is actually my first Essie polish. I am so astounded that they would allow this this sub-par product to be marketed under their Essie name, that I will not be buying Essie in the future. My money and time are too valuable to mess with it and there are too many other brands out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color screamed my name on the shelf so I had to try it. This is my first Essie nail polish and probably my last. I rarely find a formula that I have trouble applying, but this was a nightmare for me. It is so watery and messy, either you pick up too much or too little, streaky, you name it! I had to apply three coats to get even coverage and it was still messy looking. Applied a top coat and the next day it chipped. The color is the only reason I'm giving it a two.. perfect for spring! It's a really bold pale pink as silly as that sounds. I won't repurchase because the application is too much of a hassle, and it reminds me too much of Sinful "Easy Going" to justify spending $7 on it. :]

on 4/7/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Ugh. I really wanted to like this; I love opaque polishes. This however, was a disappointment. First, it was definitely hard to apply; my first coat was very streaky and uneven and the second was a lot better, but still streaky. I didn't want to add a third coat because the second coat already looked like a cross between white-out and pepto bismol (way too pink for me). So, I won't be repurchasing, and will probably give this one away. Boooooo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have read terrible reviews about streaking with this product, but I guess I just got a good one or Essie just fixed their formulation lol.

This is a very pretty natural baby pink, it is opaque with no shimmer in it, which I love. The first coat was a little streaky (as I find with all nail polishes) but with the second coat, it was perfect. It's pretty opaque with the first coat but I always do two coats. I just top this off with my Seche top coat and it will last me (usually) longer than a week on my hands. :)

**Update: My polish has turned all goopy and thick and yucky, and I've had it for about two weeks now, which is a big let down. I'm back on my search for a good dupe of this nail polish.

This is my new "go to" polish! I fell in love with this color when I saw it on Emily Maynard on "THE BACHELOR". I picked up a bottle today and it is so girly. A lot of reviews say it is "streaky".... I applied two coats, a thin first coat and then a thick second coat. I had no problems with streaking. Just make sure you have enough on your brush that you don't need to dip a second time when applying to your nail.

on 3/19/2011 4:00:00 PM

When I found Essie in my local Shoppers Drug Mart I was ecstatic! I've heard a lot about this colour but I was greatly disappointed. It is extremely streaky and very hard to apply. Sorry to say, it's going back.

on 3/8/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This color is almost the perfect pale opaque baby/white pink. The only problem is it's so streaky! I haven't mastered proper application just yet but I won't give up on this color. It's very pretty and feminine.

Top Rated Essie Products