August 20, 2014 | 1922 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

Okay, this is such a frustrating nailpolish. I didn't give it 1 lippie only because I love the feminine color so much. But honestly, this nailpolish is a PAIN! It is so streaky and hard to apply. It drives me nuts. I have to put on at least three coats, the last to cover up the first two streaky coats. It is really too bad since it's such a pretty color and I get lots of compliments on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would love the color if the polish did not streak terribly. I typically buy OPI and thought I'd try Essie. Bad move. The brush is whimpy and thin. The application went on streaky and dull. Way to expensive for this to happen.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Way too streaky and difficult to apply. Has a strong smell too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fiji is a decent "natural" pink with a good deal of opacity after 2 coats - but it has a HIGH streak factor and requires careful application. Since essies has many similar colors that are easier to apply, I usually pass on Fiji - a bit too chalky for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by avghuman

I bought this color after searching for a light, cool-toned pink that wasn't OPI (since OPI breaks my nails horribly). I settled upon this and I'm quite happy I did. I feel it would look better on those that are lighter skinned than I am, but I do feel I get away with it.
The application wasn't as horrible as other people mentioned for me. The first coat was horrendous, but the second coat was smooth and made it opaque. It didn't take me 4 coats like others were mentioning. I feel the poor consistency of this polish was exxagerated. Or I just got a good batch and/or good technique.
Regardless, I feel Essie can improve their polishes as Essie customers' opinions and criticism have never been met and implimented.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by valskuiken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gah! I didn't think I am THAT bad with applying nail polish. It's impossible to make this look decent unless I apply 4 coats; otherwise it looks horribly streaky. I'm going back to OPI.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by mricci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I swore off tanning years ago...but with Fiji on my feet, I look so dark! For that alone, 5 lippies :) For a while, I looked around for something like this - very pale, very opaque - but everything missed the mark. Other shades were too sheer, and just looked blah. This one really pops, and is easy to build. Most every week, I try new shades - this is really the only one I ever come back to. A real HG for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kaylsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This polish certainly put me off essie products!
It was streaky, hard to work with. And refused to dry properly.
The colour was nice but not worth the hassle of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

in general i like essie nail polishes a lot, and i tend to get a bit frustrated/disappointed with light, subtle colors of any brand, as they are never quite opaque enough for me. this one needed a few extra coats but the end result was nice. i probably wouldnt repurchase, just because it isnt perfect and i feel that a staple like this should be, but i think its definitely worth a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Namrata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a nice white/cream/pink opaque polish for a while now. I saw the reviews of this on here and decided that it could be the one....however I was left disappointed. I was expecting an opaque polish with a softness to it, Fiji is too chalky for my liking. I applied two coats and they went on streaky but admittedly I did it quickly.
It's a very vivid colour, so if that's what you're looking for, you'll be happy with this.
I wanted an OPI polish (I think their brushes are better) that covered by tips, but I can't seem to find a good creamy one. If anyone has any recommendations, please send me a msg!