January 25, 2015 | 1547 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by reikamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have read terrible reviews about streaking with this product, but I guess I just got a good one or Essie just fixed their formulation lol.

This is a very pretty natural baby pink, it is opaque with no shimmer in it, which I love. The first coat was a little streaky (as I find with all nail polishes) but with the second coat, it was perfect. It's pretty opaque with the first coat but I always do two coats. I just top this off with my Seche top coat and it will last me (usually) longer than a week on my hands. :)

**Update: My polish has turned all goopy and thick and yucky, and I've had it for about two weeks now, which is a big let down. I'm back on my search for a good dupe of this nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by fawnaalbregtse

This is my new "go to" polish! I fell in love with this color when I saw it on Emily Maynard on "THE BACHELOR". I picked up a bottle today and it is so girly. A lot of reviews say it is "streaky".... I applied two coats, a thin first coat and then a thick second coat. I had no problems with streaking. Just make sure you have enough on your brush that you don't need to dip a second time when applying to your nail.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Laphrena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I found Essie in my local Shoppers Drug Mart I was ecstatic! I've heard a lot about this colour but I was greatly disappointed. It is extremely streaky and very hard to apply. Sorry to say, it's going back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is almost the perfect pale opaque baby/white pink. The only problem is it's so streaky! I haven't mastered proper application just yet but I won't give up on this color. It's very pretty and feminine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the sale bucket at Trade Secrets for $3. I only bought it because I tried a tiny swatch and instantly loved the pigmentation. I bought it without thinking twice! It's really pigmented, opaque with two coats (I do three to cover up ridges in my nails but if you have smooth nails ou can get away with 2)

The color is a pale pink bordering on white with some slight lilac undertones. Very pretty but I wish it was just a touch more pink (it's a tiny bit too white...if i wanted white nail polish, I'd buy it) but since it was in the sale bucket, I wasn't picky.

The application is STREAKY and drippy and it sinks into any imperfections leaving his kind of puddly look. but after the second coat, that's not a huge probelm. It's extremely watery.Like most other pale colors, it has a little bit of that gummy feeling when it's drying, but not a huge deal.

My usual pink is Revlon Peach Petal and the color of that is slightly more pink so I will also be using that one but I'll probably keep this one around for a while since it's the only opaque pale pink nail polish I've ever found, making a truly a gem. The results were pretty good too so I think I'll wear it a lot all year.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This a very pretty ladylike pale pink. Its a good "neutral" if you want something that pops a lil more...and covers up any flaws on your nails since it is opaque w/2 coats (i get white bruises on my nails and i can't see them at all) and it makes my hands look tan lol. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can wear this more often! I got it put on at the salon so I don't have a problem w streaks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

Okay, this is such a frustrating nailpolish. I didn't give it 1 lippie only because I love the feminine color so much. But honestly, this nailpolish is a PAIN! It is so streaky and hard to apply. It drives me nuts. I have to put on at least three coats, the last to cover up the first two streaky coats. It is really too bad since it's such a pretty color and I get lots of compliments on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would love the color if the polish did not streak terribly. I typically buy OPI and thought I'd try Essie. Bad move. The brush is whimpy and thin. The application went on streaky and dull. Way to expensive for this to happen.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Way too streaky and difficult to apply. Has a strong smell too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fiji is a decent "natural" pink with a good deal of opacity after 2 coats - but it has a HIGH streak factor and requires careful application. Since essies has many similar colors that are easier to apply, I usually pass on Fiji - a bit too chalky for me.