December 25, 2014 | 1103 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by MissXMx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

* Sensitive Skin!! *

I bought this primer as I am an oily skin/large pore sufferer. I'd heard that it is a dupe for Benefit Porefessional so I was intrigued by the hype (I can't comment on whether it is or not though, having never tried Porefessional - out of my price range!!!)

I love the texture and it does make my skin feel much smoother when I apply foundation/bb cream. My make up seems to last a bit longer and I feel like it looks more matte than usual!

However, I've been using it for a week or so and I've had so many break outs!! My skin looks even worse than it did before without make up!

I must add that I do have sensitive skin...so I'm not sure how it works for people who don't have too many problems in that department. I wanted to write a review though, because I'm always trying to find out how products affect people with skin issues before I buy!!

Won't be buying again - my quest for oil control continues!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is a below average product. I bought it because I needed a primer for daily use and I didn't want to keep using my porefessional one because it is expensive. I don't use primer for oil control - just for longevity and as a smooth base. EHHH my foundation does not last for more than a few hours. This product didn't do much for me but it's alright at blurring pores. I would recommend ignoring the cute packaging and pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kayshannoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This "pore-earaser" has to be the best drugstore one yet but I have to try the L'oreal miracle blur before I make the claim. THIS IS NOT A DUPE FOR THE POREFESSIONAL. no where does it say on the package that is a primer so I think it really threw people off. Besides that, I apply this with my Dual-Fibre brush(stippling brush) to apply and stipple it into my skin around my t-zone which helps my pores and smooths them out, then I use my fingers to smooth over any other areas (dry patches) because it smooths it out. I use this daily, even when I don't plan on wearing makeup because it makes my skin smooth and soft! I do go over this with my professional primer so it will give my foundation an extra boost of staying power! Highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd try this out as part of my quest to find a mattifying primer/gel for my nose (the only part of my face that gets shiny!) I don't really use it anywhere else, I just dab it gently onto my nose and smooth it out after moisturising, then apply foundation over it after waiting a couple of minutes for it to dry.

The gel texture is nice, I much prefer this to a liquid or cream texture which seem to have little or no mattifying effect at all on my skin. It doesn't dry up or flake away like other primers I have tried.

I can't say it's the best product I've found, but I use it as a cheaper alternative to the MAC Matte gel when I can't get to the MAC counter. For £7.99 it does the job I need it to, I find that foundation and powder stays on better than when I go without.

It has a slight scent to it but nothing that bothers me or irritates my skin. I would repurchase as a cheap alternative to the MAC version I have and use it for general daytime/work stuff. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Meh.. usually I only write reviews if I really like (or also really detest & don't like) a product, but this has got me a bit confused. I bought it to use under makeup & it does a little better than average job of making my makeup stay on maybe a couple more hours, foundation & powder goes on slightly more smoothly, but this product isn't a primer, & it isn't an oil control gel, so I am a little confused as to why I really find it necessary. It didn't break me out, had cute packaging (& I liked how it was in a tube which is practical & utilitarian both), didn't have any offensive scent, but I don't know if I will repurchase this when I run out because I am simply on the fence. I will definitely use up this tube before making a decision. I've never used anything like Porefessional or other the other products mentioned that this is a dupe for, so I cannot offer any helpful comparisons/contrasts or educated opinions, but I do think that this is probably a lot better than using Monistat or milk of mag under your makeup or other stuff that's not meant to go under your makeup. BabyLips lipbalm is a real winner, not so sure about this product...IF it was doing anything really beneficial the price tag isn't too bad, but I just don't know if I really need this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really like this it smooths my pores out and makes my skin look a bit more Matt! It's not a good primer because it isn't a primer which I think people are getting mixed up about on here! I use a primer as well so have no problem with it not being. I only bought it because there was a 3 for 2 offer in boots and I didn't know what else to choose and wanted to try something different and you know what I'm really glad I did pick this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a pore erasing makeup base. nowhere does it claim to be primer or keep skin from getting oily, etc. people are giving it bad reviews because they are using it incorrectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Itsk8baby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this is shoppers drug mart a couple days ago. It was really expensive for the size (11.99$). I debated buying it because of the price, but I knew I had to try it after seeing all the hype on YouTube. My first impression was- WOW my pores are nowhere to been seen! I'm so happy with this product and I will be repurchasing! I don't ever notice my pores anymore and it makes my makeup look flawless! Thank you baby skin, and my pores thank you too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by audreyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price, I really like this. I have used Benefit Porefessional in the past, and I would say this is as good or better. I got it for $6.99 at Walgreens, and while there wasn't a MAJOR difference when I put it on alone, my make-up looked infinitely better on and even after a workout, my foundation looked perfect. I would agree with other reviewers who stated that it can be greasy if you put too much on, so apply sparingly. Also, this has NOT made me break out, which I'm somewhat prone to, so that's a major plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You'll be really impressed by this if you've never heard of silicone. Seriously, this is nothing special. All it is is dimethicone you put on your face before makeup. It doesn't perform as well as most silicone based primers either. There are a lot of ingredients that could have been added for anti-aging properties or mattifying...but this is so basic. Basic, basic, basic.

Whoever got people to say this is a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional needs a promotion ASAP. This is nowhere near comparable. The Porefessional actually does a really nice job.

If you're interested in this you should know that you are getting basically the same product (only less) as the famous Monistat chafing powder-gel. For all those saying this is "a steal," hardly. If compared to Smashbox, oh yes, but for almost the same price Monistat gives you get MORE THAN TWICE as much product.

Ingredients:

Maybelline Baby Skin: Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

(Monistat Chafing Powder-Gel: Active Ingredient: Dimethicone (1.2%). Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane.)

Give me a break.