July 30, 2014 | 1816 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kelseysapp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, recently I stopped by my local walgreens to see whats new... Of course like any other makeup lover I saw the packaging on this product so i was easily drawn to it. I bought it for $7.49 but at the time i thought it was so worth it. Turned out, it wasn't. When i got home i tried it out and that's when i noticed, its not worth the craze i hear about... But to start off with, i dont have big pores. It works with the blur tech. but holy crap! when i put this on my face it has such a unpleasant strong smell that it makes it hard for me to breath!!! PLUS, it it soo greasy! i think they wanted it to feel "silky" but it doesn't dry for a while nor does it feel silky just flat out greasy. Other than all that, its okay...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I been using this for awhile. When I tried it on my hand, it felt greasy. But once I tried it on my face, I could see what they claim happening to my pores. I found that patting it on my skin instead of rubbing it in really helps. The baby skin with my foundation combine seems to make the makeup last for a really good period of time. So far so good to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by allyfosnaugh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to try this out because I had discovered it on Pinterest and then researched it on Youtube only to find out that it was not available in the U.S. I had to wait 6 months for it to finally come out here and was so amped to try this. HOWEVER, I'm very disappointed with this product! It claims that you can use it alone but it really does not hide my large pores very well. I tried it with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it does hide my pores better, but honestly I feel like the BB cream is doing all the work. I really do not see myself buying this again. I had much higher expectations for this considering its called a pore eraser, which is not at all a true statement. Also, I do not think it is a good primer. Very disappointed ladies.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by TheMagicFlute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After jumping on the Maybelline Baby Lips bandwagon (it's the only lip balm that doesn't leave a nasty film all over my lips), I was so excited to hear that this product was coming out, and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. And I must say, for me, the product lived up to the hype. The primer does feel slightly greasy on the skin, and I felt that I had to wait a bit for it to completely settle before I applied my makeup, but that was fine for me (it gave me more time to deal with my unruly hair haha).But the staying power of this product was remarkable for me. My pores did look visibly smaller, my skin appeared clearer, and I only had to blot once all day. My skin does lean on the oily side, so if you're like me and find that you have a shiny t-zone a few times a day, I think that this product will work wonders for you. Plus, the cheaper price tag can't be beat :) But, if you have serious problems with oil build-up, I may research other products before deciding on this. All in all, I am very pleased with Baby Skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Amyrosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way to expensive for what it is (12$ canadian)

Makes your skin smooth, true. But I tried other products that helped much more than this. Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by iamsuperzero

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried to like this stuff but I just can't. The packaging is so cute and colorful and I was hoping to get more out of this. It comes out easily and clear, it feels weightless. But once I put it on my face, it felt greasy and I had to take it off. Yes, it's a primer but I feel this could be greatly improved.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

YMMV with this....it is a typical silicone primer, and if you're sensitive to 'cones I suggest you avoid it.
I usually don't have a sensitivity to most of them---sometimes I don't like how they feel but most of them don't break me out---BUT this one did! I had high hopes, as it was about $6.99 at Walgreens, and had cute packaging--and I love squeeze tube primers (easier to get it all out, in my opinion).
I ended up using this one for about 7 days straight before returning it, I ended up with several tiny white heads on my chin and near my nose, as well as a few chin cysts, which, like I said, is unusual for me. I also didn't care for how this felt on my skin---very slick and oily, all day long, no matter how I blotted or which foundation/powder I paired with it.

I am still on the hunt for the perfect primer, I'll let you know when I find it!! I suggest acne-prone peeps avoid this one though.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Well, my hopes were high that there might be a drugstore primer that worked as well as any number of my higher end products. But, as one might suspect, while adequate, this does not match good primers such as Benefit's Porefessional, MAC's matte, Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm, UD primers, etc.

This primer has a silicone feel to it but does seem to absorb into the face quickly. I allow all of my primer's to sit while I do my brows or whatever - just to give it time. My foundation goes on well over this but I think it causes some slippage after several hours. (Other primers I have - with the same foundation - keep my foundation looking even and great all day long...)

Since it is so inexpensive it might be worth trying if you want to see how it works on your skin type. It lacks something for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so this stuff is just...meh. I tried it under a few different foundations, and I just can't bring myself to like this. I really wanted to, I did. Buuuuut, I just don't! First, let's start with the packaging: super cute. Mint green cute little tube, with hot pink lettering. So nothing wrong there. Then with the actual product is where problems begin (at least for me). So the formulation doesn't feel bad when you first squeeze it onto your finger or hand, but when I put it on my face it felt way too greasy. It's definitely soft on the skin, but once foundation is applied, it seems to kind of get... lumpy? I don't know how to describe it. I rubbed my face and it beaded up in little silicone-y chunks which came off of my face. It didn't really mess up my makeup, but it was just annoying and gross. Also if you are going to use this put it on your face and let it sit for a couple of minutes before applying foundation, or it will slide right off of your face, especially if you are oily ( I'm dry and it did this, just to give you an idea). So overall, I will NOT be repurchasing. I don't even think I'll use it up because I have such better primers to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I'm a cosmetician at a store which is kind of like a Canadian version of Ulta. I never really needed or saw the point of a primer until I started working 9 hour shifts under fluorescent lights and have people constantly looking at your makeup. I don't have greasy skin whatsoever so I really only need something that's going to give a nice smooth base to help the longevity of my makeup versus oil control. When I opened the display for this product while doing stock I FREAKED OUT I had heard of this quite some time ago through youtube and was super excited to try it.

Price: I think the price of this is an average Maybelline price, its cheaper than Revlon, but more than essence. It's just a middle of the road price

Packaging: One side of me thinks the packaging is the cutest thing ever but the other side think it looks cheap... I think it just depends on how you look at it. It's designed like most other primers in a squeezy tube.

Smell: the smell is one of those barely there scents it just smells like makeup, it isn't irritating at all which is great

How it worked for me: Ok so I have this really odd problem with my skin I have normal/dry skin but it doesn't absorb products properly so sometimes certain product leave like some sort of build up or what I describe as "face peelies" where build up of product balls up on my face as if you rubbed school glue between your hands or something. This product if I rub it other than press it into my skin gives me that affect so I need to pushit into my skin as I rub it so It bonds with my skin better which is the main downfall. It leaves me with a satiny feeling face and my foundation glides on on top of it. I don't feel greasy underneath at all but I can see that anyone who doesn't have my skin type would feel quite greasy with it. I feel they should make an oily/combo skin version like most primers do. I notice that it does help my makeup last longer though. As for the pore "blurring" effects that it claims to have I don't really notice much of a difference but I also don't have large pores.

Would I recommend this product?: If you have normal/dry skin yes. If your oily this product would most likely be a waste of time as there are much better options for primers when it comes to oily skin that are in the same price range. I just think that this product would feel quite heavy on oily skin as I don't have oily skin at all and it can tend to be heavy if not applied carefully.

* hopefully this review has been helpful! if you have any questions about this product or products mentioned please feel free to message me :)*

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No