August 29, 2014 | 1703 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I originally tried this for the first time I didn't really care for it. Im not sure if it was the packaging or the product itself but it had to kinda grow on me.

overall, I did end up liking it as I have oily skin and this is awesome as far as keeping shine away. I rubbed the product on and added more product to my "problem" areas (acne scars) and then used my sigma f80 and it gave a flawless look that lasted me 8 hrs! Great item and I like it, but the packaging isn't the greatest. I guess I expected more for the price you pay, and who wants to scrape out product from a tube just to get the remaining? I surely don't- that's why I marked off a Lippie. I have two of these and seeing that I like to test many foundations and concealers I don't think I'll be repurchasing- two is more than enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation for everyday use. It's super easy and quick to put on and the color match was great for me. However, this does not look good on dry patches (which I rarely get anyways). It does not keep you matte all day if you have very oily skin, but does a decent job for a couple hours. I would say it is a light coverage foundation as I still need to use some concealer after applying it. It feels pretty lightweight on the face. This was the first foundation that I used up entirely (note: all my other foundations have high coverage and this is better for me for daily use). NOTE: When it appears you have run out of product because the stick will not twist up anymore, think again. There is a ton of product left if you dig it out with a knife or something of that sort. That is why I gave a low rating on packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I wanted to like this but I think it's just a bad formula plus flimsy packaging to boot. I loved the Fit Me liquid foundation formula plus the concealer.I have combo skin and this gets flaky and greasy and for some reason. Also it never looks natural.

I have this in #220, which almost matches my NC25-30 skin. I thought since it is a stick foundation, which generally have more coverage, it would have better coverage too, but it's very light and you really can't build it up otherwise it looks cakey and like chalk on my face. Flakes off in about 2 hours.Too drying to use around eyes. Feels like I'm wearing a mask despite the light coverage.

I can't say much about how long it lasts because I trialled it over a period of 1 week and each day I put it on I could not make it work and really just wanted to wash it off. It makes me look too corpse-like.

Would not repurchase.

UPDATE - I added another lippie because on days when my skin is more oily and I don't need much coverage, I can just swipe this on and it looks fine. Not the worst but not the best. Would recommend only if you have truly oily skin with no dryness.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CarlaGonzalez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this thinking it was a concelar along with the luquid form of this. I later found out it was a foundation haha I did not like ethier of them to me honest. At first this was eh but I would NOT ever reccomend this for people with dry skin. It stared out okay for me as it has a creamy consistancy and applied and blended well for me. Although the more i blended, the more it flaked off and it really made a point of where my dry skin was. It wasnt horrible but I would not re-purchase and it was à waste of money for me and sits in my makeup bag. For me it also didnt last that long or gave full coverage. Nothing good here. Maybeline should stick to their mascaras

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I am happy that I found a shine free foundation. For oily skin, it does well without putting greese on my face. I hated the packaging but the foundation it ok so I can't out this product too much.

I won't repurchase because it is nothing special but I can't say its a bad product

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i normally am not a fan of maybelline products because they feel awkward on my face, but this is the exception. i love the stick packaging, it makes it very travel friendly, and mess-free application/touchups. i use shade 220 and it matches perfectly, i have light-medium skin tone and i have no idea what undertone i have 😣, but it matches and thats all that matters.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Sofia321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after gossmakeupartist said it was great for oily skin. I'm prefer liquid foundation, but thought this would be something easy to travel with. When I first put the product on I felt uneasy. It almost felt like I was rubbing wax into my skin. However, after a few minutes it started to come together and gave a seemingly nice finish to the skin.
Warning: if you have dry patches avoid this product. It pronounces them like crazy!
Literally, an hour later I was super shiny and the product had oxidized horribly. Alas, I had to stay at work for another 7 hours so I just used blotting sheets all day.

Overall, I would stay away from this product if you're even slightly oily or combo.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Thania2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst foundation ever, stays shine free half an hour w/wo primer. The only reason i bought it was cus of *gossmakeupartist* recommendation, alas....really he has lost my respect for 100% recommending this foundation for oily skin.

P.s. I have combination skin type not very oily but with this foundation, i shine like potato crisp. Gah!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by BrewCrew

I love the concept. It applies so easily and it feels great when applied; it goes on kinda like smashbox photofinish primer. There is also no mess when applying it. It is very sheer and doesn't offer much coverage for my acne. I also have several dry spots where it started peeling really bad almost instantly. I tried several different primers and moisturizers underneath it but nothing prevented the peeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so this is a love/hate for me. I absolutely HATED the original Fit Me liquid foundation, but I love the concealer in this line. So when the "shine-free" stick foundation I was hyped! I have combo/oily skin, and that was my main concern with the liquid. The product is really easy to apply and blend, but I think the shine free claim is a bit far fetched. It still leaves me oily and I have to powder my face within an hour or two. Other than that I really like it. The convenience of the stick is great. all in all 4 out of 5.