Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 2/20/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went to use this and it broke on me. Then the next day I broke out in acne on the areas I only applied this.

There is minimal coverage and it settles into my orange-rind pores. On top of that I had to dig through the display to find one that hadn't been used as a tester. And that was just my shade. There were so many used.

on 2/18/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have prob 20 foundations...50$ ones to 3$... so I basically just like what works and don't count out drugstore foundations, but this one is horrible. First for a foundation that never actually sets once on my skin, it is so drying and accentuates dry patches even ones u don't realize are even there. It would SEEM it's a good deal being one of the cheaper drugstore foundations ( I think I found mine for 7$), but then figure out THERE'S NOT EVEN A HALF OF AN OUNCE.. (.32 to be exact) and considering majority of them are 1oz so that means EVEN if u triple it, YOUR PAYING 21$ ...AND U STILL AREN'T AT AN OUNCE!!!! REALLY MAYBELLINE? I don't notice a smell, but unless there's strong it's not something I notice anyway..packaging feel and looks extremely cheap. I HONESTLY CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE THINKS THAT THIS IS WORTH IT..JUST HORRIBLE! If you have dry skin...don't waste your money, I admit my skin can be difficult and its the reason I have so many foundations because some work better then other days and I actually do alot of mixing certain ones on certain days..but THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I NEVER EVER USE.

on 2/11/2014 2:25:00 AM

I was pretty excited to try this, I tend to get a little shiny and was hoping to battle that a bit. I was pretty disappointed. I applied to a couple places on my face and for the first little while was impressed. I'm the lightest shade and it matches quite well. Unfortunately by the end of the day, this had sunk into lines I didn't even think I had. It had aged me about 20 years with how deep it exaggerated lines under my eyes. I thought it was how I applied it so I used even less than my little amount a couple days later and the same result. Won't be repurchasing :/

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. It's my first day using it and it's amazing! Very light application. Don't even have to use a lot of the product to get an amazing face 💕 love to pieces

on 2/5/2014 2:55:00 PM

I don't get it... This seems to be really chalky on my skin. It causes it to look really flaky and dry. I did try using a moisturizer underneath it but it didn't help. Now I'm rethinking how good my skin is. Haha. Maybe I have bumps allover my skin? Ugh I don't know. But I wouldn't purchase again. Pros- the color was exactly mine.

on 2/3/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have oily combination skin so I was super excited to try it when I saw it on sale at Shoppers for $6.99 CA. Regular price is $11.99 which is way to expensive.

Pros
- It glides on SO SO SO smooth. skin feels so soft afterwards.
- builds nicely
- looks very natural finish. Doesn't look like you're even wearing any make up!
- no smell to it
- compact, lightweight

Cons
- it's not shine-free. I get oily in a few hours

Overall
- it's not a bad foundation. it does it's job. I'm just disappointed at the "shine-free" part. I would buy it again if it's on sale. But definitely not at regular price.

I love this foundation stick. This is due to its gel like feel and it's full coverage. This product is one of my favorite foundations ever, I do however wish they made a shade lighter than the 110 because I am so pale that in order for their lightest color to blend it takes forever. I have no complaint on how they formulated this and I will buy it again as soon as I finish with m new favorite Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse foundation in light porcelain :)

on 1/29/2014 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my current favourite foundation. I love the texture, it applies SO smoothly, much like a silicone based primer. It gives nice light-medium coverage, and I usually build a little extra as a second layer on any red areas around my nose and chin. I like to apply it directly on my face then buff out with a duo-fibre brush. The finish looks satin, and I find once I set it with a good translucent loose powder (as I do with all foundations) it looks great and lasts. I did deduct some points for price because although I have no issue with the packaging itself, you don't get a whole lot of this product per tube, so the value is a little low in that regard.

But that said, I am on my third and I'm sure not last tube of this - I love it!!

on 1/28/2014 8:56:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 3 months now so I'm confident in having the right opinion for this product. Overall this product is pretty good. If your one of those girls who has no time in the morning for the whole liquid foundation & beauty blender life, than this is PERFECT for you since you can just streak it on your face and it will even out your skin tone, giving you better looking skin. Although if you want heavy coverage for acne spots or scars, you may not like this because of its sheer coverage. I do say I like this overall because sometimes I don't have time for my makeup as student and I would say I have pretty decent skin but it doesn't fully cover my scaring. I also recommend to use this with a powder because it can get you a little oily if you don't & may even rub off faster. Hope this was helpful to you (:

on 1/26/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This did a decent job of keeping my oily skin shine-free for most of the day. I'm NC15 and I've tried both 115 and 120 - they both suited me. I've found a good way to apply this is to just streak it across your face a few times, straight from the stick, then blend it even with a firm and flat foundation brush. I needed a touch-up with powder during the day, but the matte effect was solid. The one thing I didn't like is that I thought it made my skin look a bit dull and flat, but I guess that's the trade-off for a cheaper matte finish product with medium coverage. Definitely use some highlighter on your cheeks with this. I think the stick is nice and convenient, but the packaging doesn't seem too sturdy and I think it could crack easily. I used this when I don't have the time in the morning to properly apply liquid foundation.