August 30, 2014 | 1789 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by KarmaChameleon

I was looking for a cleanser that would remove my mineral makeup that was foaming and inexpensive. The price was right, but that was about it. I wound up washing my face twice since the foaming was inadequate and did not remove my makeup the first time around. I switched to Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash, and I have very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by NotYourAverageCanadianGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this cleanser. Removes makeup, dirt and sebum completely without drying my face. I love the low foaming action, it feels great on the skin. Leaves my face clean and soft, not red or irritated. And you can't beat the price! You get so much more than you pay for with this cleanser, it's insane. What a wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by pink51

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Like the previous reviewer, I bought this based on Paula Begoun's recommnedation too.... and how LUCKY I am that I did! I absolutely love this product.... why didn't I ever hear about this cleanser before?

I have sensitive PLUS acne-prone skin. My face tends to flare up at the slightest irritation... and this is THE MOST gentle cleanser I've used.

The formula I have contains no fragrance at all (for those who were complaining about the fragrance). I have to apply acne medication every night (which can be very drying) and this cleanser does not further dry out my skin.

THE MOST GENTLE CLEANSER in the market. Rinses off dirt and oil without being hard on your skin. I only use a tiny, tiny dot, mix it heavily with water in my palm and apply to my face. Yes, requires some extra work.... but if you love your face and your skin.... soooooooooo worth it =)

And did I mention? This is dirt cheap too! Thank you Paula B!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by luckygal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser based on Paula B.'s recommendation for combo skin. This cleanser does it all: removes makeup, even mascara, cleanses, and refreshes with no drying feel at all. It doesn't foam quite as much as other cleansers but that doesn't bother me. It rinses off the skin completely and makes my skin feel smooth and comfortable. I use this twice a day everyday and I love it. Will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lieutenantkeege

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this cleanser very much. My skin is combination and extremely sensitive. After trying out so many products, I have always come back to this one over the years. It's cheap and easy to use. The only thing though about this cleanser is that sometimes I feel that it dries my cheeks a bit more than I want. So I wear a good moisturizer afterwards always. I'm still in search of better facial cleansers, but will definitely buy this one again and recommend to people who have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by moshoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to thank all of you ladies on makeup alley for writing product reviews. You have helped me save so much money!
I decided to try this cleanser based on the good reviews and I'm so glad that I did. I love it! I had been using Neutrogena Fragrance-Free cleanser, but I was breaking out almost everyday. So, when I switched to the Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin, I was pleasantly surprised! It takes off all of my makeup and does not irritate my super sensitive, acne-prone skin at all! I love it. I will continue to buyit.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2009 8:30:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too drying for me and definitely made my face tight. I have combination, acne-prone and sensitive skin. This did take off all of my foundation, but no foaming action. Back to cetaphil! Here's the ingredient list for the two comparable products. I thought this would be very helpful, especially for those that live in Canada and can not get the Purpose face wash. I haven't tried the Purpose one since I can not get my hands on it. But a lot of the reviews here say that this is a great alternative. The foaming cleanser just has 3 extra ingredients added in the end but the majority is the exact same as the Purpose face wash.

CLEAN AND CLEAR SENSITIVE FOAMING CLEANSER:

Water (eau), PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium chloride

PURPOSE GENTLE FACE WASH:

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

This was one of my first cleansers ever - so I was somewhat acne prone at the beginning of my teenage years.
I'm not sure why I purchased this b/c I don't have sensitive skin, but this was many years ago when I didn't know better.
It lathers well, cleanses okay, did nothing for my oily-combination skin in terms of acne.
Nothing special really, but I suppose it's good after you've passed through your teenage acne skin stage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by olizax

This is Good. It is the best cleanser I have ever used.

Pros: it is CHEAP!
doesn't leave my skin dry
very refreshing
foam very well

Cons: heavy scent

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by almostmrsparker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good product, fairly mild on the face, good price, lasts for awhile.