February 1, 2015 | 1330 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by zkatieus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the same exact product as Purpose, but this is cheaper.
Its a good basic face wash. It works pretty well. I have tried others but I keep going back to this. I've gone through 3-4 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SHFlower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I started out using Purpose soap (liquid form) until I found out C&C sold one that's exactly the same, just with more in it at a cheaper price. I have to say, as much as Iiked purpose I like this a little more. It seems to foam better...idk if it's just me or not, cause the ingredients are the same. I like the packaging a bit more than Purpose because the product is just a little harder to pump out, which I like, and it always comes out the same amount.

I need less than one pump for my whole face (1-1 1/2 pumps if I have make up on). It foams quickly and lasts a long time. The smell is soapy like with the Purpose one (though the scents of both are just a little different).

Now to how it actually cleanses. This is the BEST cleanser I have ever had (along with Purpose of coarse). It's the only thing, that along with my favorite moisturizer (which is also C&C) that doesn't break me out, and actually is healing my acne and preventing me from getting huge cyst break outs. I wish I'd discovered this stuff sooner to keep me from getting all of these horrible scars.

It is gentle. I feel it dries out my face less than other face cleansers I've tried. Wearing a moisturizer after I have no problems with dryness. My skin can go from dry to combination, and more oily if I'm wearing bad products.

The only thing I wish could change is that the container have a lock pump. That would make it easier for throwing in my purse if I have to without having to worry about it spilling all over the place. I remember if my Purpose tiped over it would leak out the pump and all over my counter. I haven't had that experience with this product but I imagine it would do the same thing.

I will continue to buy this product because it works for me. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome cleanser!
Gentle!
Great for removing make up! (except heavy eye make up)
Inexpensive! (about $4 at Wal-Mart)
I love it!
-------
*Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Quaternium-15, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by gnat

I have been using this face wash for 10 years at least, so I guess it's a HG by now. Clean and Clear does a great job of removing all of my makeup (eye makeup too!) and does not dry out or irritate my skin. There might be better facial cleansers out there but this one is so cheap and good, why bother?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by KarmaChameleon

I was looking for a cleanser that would remove my mineral makeup that was foaming and inexpensive. The price was right, but that was about it. I wound up washing my face twice since the foaming was inadequate and did not remove my makeup the first time around. I switched to Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash, and I have very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by NotYourAverageCanadianGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this cleanser. Removes makeup, dirt and sebum completely without drying my face. I love the low foaming action, it feels great on the skin. Leaves my face clean and soft, not red or irritated. And you can't beat the price! You get so much more than you pay for with this cleanser, it's insane. What a wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by pink51

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Like the previous reviewer, I bought this based on Paula Begoun's recommnedation too.... and how LUCKY I am that I did! I absolutely love this product.... why didn't I ever hear about this cleanser before?

I have sensitive PLUS acne-prone skin. My face tends to flare up at the slightest irritation... and this is THE MOST gentle cleanser I've used.

The formula I have contains no fragrance at all (for those who were complaining about the fragrance). I have to apply acne medication every night (which can be very drying) and this cleanser does not further dry out my skin.

THE MOST GENTLE CLEANSER in the market. Rinses off dirt and oil without being hard on your skin. I only use a tiny, tiny dot, mix it heavily with water in my palm and apply to my face. Yes, requires some extra work.... but if you love your face and your skin.... soooooooooo worth it =)

And did I mention? This is dirt cheap too! Thank you Paula B!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by luckygal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser based on Paula B.'s recommendation for combo skin. This cleanser does it all: removes makeup, even mascara, cleanses, and refreshes with no drying feel at all. It doesn't foam quite as much as other cleansers but that doesn't bother me. It rinses off the skin completely and makes my skin feel smooth and comfortable. I use this twice a day everyday and I love it. Will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lieutenantkeege

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this cleanser very much. My skin is combination and extremely sensitive. After trying out so many products, I have always come back to this one over the years. It's cheap and easy to use. The only thing though about this cleanser is that sometimes I feel that it dries my cheeks a bit more than I want. So I wear a good moisturizer afterwards always. I'm still in search of better facial cleansers, but will definitely buy this one again and recommend to people who have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by moshoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to thank all of you ladies on makeup alley for writing product reviews. You have helped me save so much money!
I decided to try this cleanser based on the good reviews and I'm so glad that I did. I love it! I had been using Neutrogena Fragrance-Free cleanser, but I was breaking out almost everyday. So, when I switched to the Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin, I was pleasantly surprised! It takes off all of my makeup and does not irritate my super sensitive, acne-prone skin at all! I love it. I will continue to buyit.