October 21, 2014 | 2000 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2003 5:13:00 PM More reviews by aly2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this after reviewing the reviews here. Thanks, guys! This is the ONLY shampoo to ever get rid of my flakies. I used it for a few weeks straight, and now only occasionally, and it is wonderful. Every bit as worth as the price, and then some!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2003 3:58:00 AM More reviews by wv_gal

I bought a small bottle of this at walmart for 7.00 it worked & doesn't smell bad like most dandruff shampoo. I pretty much like the smell. If you have dandruff give it a try. UPDATE..this is just not workig for me anymore so i had to take a couple lippies away:( neutrogena t-sal is works so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2003 5:11:00 PM More reviews by dawng

There are hardly words to describe how amazing this product is. I know that sounds kind of sappy - but I have struggled with a dry, itchy, flakey scalp for about 20 years and this is the first and only thing that has ever helped! Amazing! Itch was gone after 1st use. After a few weeks of using as directed, the flakes are 95% gone. Nothing compares. I tried tea tree oil, jojoba oil, many AD shampoos, and got "zero" results until Nizoral. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2003 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ImNotLisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My dermatologist recommended this for my itchy scalp and it does an excellent job. I've also read it can help to thicken hair follicles. I can't say one way or another on that, but it does give it an edge over the competition, don't you think?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Chirpy

This product REALLY works! I use it a few times a month to help out my scalp. (in winter is helps dry winter scalp...and in summer it helps sun scalp too!)
It is more expensive than the other "brands", but worth every cent. My hair and head always feels rejuvenated after shampooing. It would not be good as an every day shampoo, especially for color treated hair...so be careful not to use it too often - directions on bottle work great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Crabtwix

I use this stuff a couple times a week, mostly in the winter, and it really controlls my styling-product fried scalp mess.

The smell isn't great, and the price isn't great ($9 for a little bitty bottle!!), but it does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2003 3:51:00 PM More reviews by felrs

Wow! Thank you to those who reviewed this. It has made a major difference. For the first time in a lot of years I don't have to worry about dandruff and I can wear black. My scalp isn't itchy and it actually leaves my hair looking nice. Thank you! Thank you!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by catrpillrgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does work, and it leaves hair soft, and untangled. It is a bit pricey though, but it's worth it. My husband likes it, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 9:19:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had Seborrhoeic Dermatitis on my scalp for at least 10 years and this is the only thing that has ever worked. I can't recommend this enough. For the first two weeks you need to use it twice a week but after that you only need to use it once a week or fortnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by karissma21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great shampoo to get rid of flakes. I read somewhere that the main ingredient in Nizoral is the safest for hair, whereas other dandruff shampoos may eventually cause hair loss over time. For reference, the ingredients are talked about in Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Hair counter without me" book, too. Works really well, and I would not consider using any other type of dandruff shampoo.