April 18, 2014 | 1761 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Chirpy

This product REALLY works! I use it a few times a month to help out my scalp. (in winter is helps dry winter scalp...and in summer it helps sun scalp too!)
It is more expensive than the other "brands", but worth every cent. My hair and head always feels rejuvenated after shampooing. It would not be good as an every day shampoo, especially for color treated hair...so be careful not to use it too often - directions on bottle work great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Crabtwix

I use this stuff a couple times a week, mostly in the winter, and it really controlls my styling-product fried scalp mess.

The smell isn't great, and the price isn't great ($9 for a little bitty bottle!!), but it does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2003 3:51:00 PM More reviews by felrs

Wow! Thank you to those who reviewed this. It has made a major difference. For the first time in a lot of years I don't have to worry about dandruff and I can wear black. My scalp isn't itchy and it actually leaves my hair looking nice. Thank you! Thank you!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by catrpillrgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This does work, and it leaves hair soft, and untangled. It is a bit pricey though, but it's worth it. My husband likes it, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 9:19:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had Seborrhoeic Dermatitis on my scalp for at least 10 years and this is the only thing that has ever worked. I can't recommend this enough. For the first two weeks you need to use it twice a week but after that you only need to use it once a week or fortnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2003 6:52:00 PM More reviews by karissma21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great shampoo to get rid of flakes. I read somewhere that the main ingredient in Nizoral is the safest for hair, whereas other dandruff shampoos may eventually cause hair loss over time. For reference, the ingredients are talked about in Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Hair counter without me" book, too. Works really well, and I would not consider using any other type of dandruff shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2003 2:23:00 PM More reviews by annas

I thought nothing would get rid of the occasional flakes I used to get. I tried Neutrogena, the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree stuff, Aveda's scalp treatment. I heard about Nizoral on this board, and I went and bought it. I used it for about three or four days and it cleared my problem right up. Now when I get the occasional flake attack, I just use this shampoo and it goes right away. I was afraid it would stink, but it smell pleasant and clean. It doesn't strip my hair. In fact, it's a decent shampoo without the anti-dandruff benefit. But with it, this stuff ROCKS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Cutie6680

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my dermatologist reccomended this to me when i had scalp problems... and this cleared it right up. im saying that i wont buy this again because i hope my problem wont come back!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2002 12:26:00 PM More reviews by scooper

I was using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree and decided to use this in-between when I had scalp problems. It works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2002 8:27:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This stuff is the best dandruff shampoo on the market. So much better than head and Shoulders, Nuetrogena Tgel, or Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo. It totally gets rid of an itchy scalp. This is a must have for me.