Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 2/10/2004 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What is wrong with me?!!! I cannot find a good hair product to help my sad hair. I ruined my hair a few years ago when I decided to bleach and dye it a total of 18 times in one year. Now my hair is a mess. I have a dry scalp, oily roots, and dry ends. I thought this shampoo would get rid of my flakies but it didn't help at all. Before using this shampoo, I would have to wash my hair everyday or else it would look greasy. From using Nizoral, my hair looks greasy all the time, even when I wash it. The only thing that works on my hair is Clinique Extra clean shampoo but I still have dry scalp. I am doomed. Maybe I should just shave it all off and start over.

on 2/5/2004 9:20:00 AM

All I can say is this stuff WORKS!! And it has a decent scent to it as well. A LOT better than T/Gel (DON'T get me started on that one!!!). I just wish the conditioner, although it makes my hair softer, worked in getting rid of the itching and flaking.

I have tried many different products, and none of them worked. I was hesitant to try Nizoral because of the price, but did some research and found that there is a prescription strength version of Nizoral that costs about twice as much, so I decided to give it a try, being that it was good enough that they make a prescription strength of it. It is worth the price- I noticed a difference right way, and now I only use it once or twice a week to maintain my happy scalp, with regular shampoo in between. It really was the only thing that worked for me, especially at getting rid of the winter scalp itchies! I will buy it again, and recommend it to anyone who asks! : )

on 11/21/2003 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the only thing that works when I get itchy scalp/patches of flakiness (mainly during season changes). It was recommended by my doctor and works great. It's a little expensive and I wouldn't use it as a daily shampoo, but when I need it, it clears up problems immediately.

on 10/8/2003 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is awesome, I have mild seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and eyebrows. This is the only shampoo that has supplied me with a flake buildup free scalp and soft manageable, fresh smelling hair. Once or twice a week I wash my hair and eyebrows using this product and follow with my normal conditioner. I have experienced no dryness in my eyebrows even and the flakes are very controlled! I recommend this shampoo to anyone who is suffering from dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and needs a hair healthy way to keep it under control! two thumbs up :)

I was rather disappointed that this didn't help with my flakes at all, despite the great reviews. "Kills the fungus that can cause dandruff," it says. I assume that fungus wasn't the cause of mine.

on 5/30/2003 4:46:00 PM

Recently, I used a clarifying shampoo and left my hair with huge flakes. Considering I have brunette hair, this was not attractive and quite embarrassing! I saw the positive recs for Nizoral but it really didn't help with my flaking situation. I'm thinking the flaking probably just major product build up (from a new leave-in I was trying) and not dandruff. I think I prefer Aveda's Rosemary&Mint shampoo and conditioner in terms of fragrance, too.

on 5/25/2003 6:00:00 AM

Didn't work on me, but I have psorasis, so maybe if you just have dandruff. Not as bad as the tar laden stuff I've tried in the past, this seems unharsh.

on 5/20/2003 5:13:00 PM

I got this after reviewing the reviews here. Thanks, guys! This is the ONLY shampoo to ever get rid of my flakies. I used it for a few weeks straight, and now only occasionally, and it is wonderful. Every bit as worth as the price, and then some!!

on 5/7/2003 3:58:00 AM

I bought a small bottle of this at walmart for 7.00 it worked & doesn't smell bad like most dandruff shampoo. I pretty much like the smell. If you have dandruff give it a try. UPDATE..this is just not workig for me anymore so i had to take a couple lippies away:( neutrogena t-sal is works so much better.