Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 11/21/2003 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the only thing that works when I get itchy scalp/patches of flakiness (mainly during season changes). It was recommended by my doctor and works great. It's a little expensive and I wouldn't use it as a daily shampoo, but when I need it, it clears up problems immediately.

on 10/8/2003 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is awesome, I have mild seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and eyebrows. This is the only shampoo that has supplied me with a flake buildup free scalp and soft manageable, fresh smelling hair. Once or twice a week I wash my hair and eyebrows using this product and follow with my normal conditioner. I have experienced no dryness in my eyebrows even and the flakes are very controlled! I recommend this shampoo to anyone who is suffering from dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and needs a hair healthy way to keep it under control! two thumbs up :)

I was rather disappointed that this didn't help with my flakes at all, despite the great reviews. "Kills the fungus that can cause dandruff," it says. I assume that fungus wasn't the cause of mine.

on 5/30/2003 4:46:00 PM

Recently, I used a clarifying shampoo and left my hair with huge flakes. Considering I have brunette hair, this was not attractive and quite embarrassing! I saw the positive recs for Nizoral but it really didn't help with my flaking situation. I'm thinking the flaking probably just major product build up (from a new leave-in I was trying) and not dandruff. I think I prefer Aveda's Rosemary&Mint shampoo and conditioner in terms of fragrance, too.

on 5/25/2003 6:00:00 AM

Didn't work on me, but I have psorasis, so maybe if you just have dandruff. Not as bad as the tar laden stuff I've tried in the past, this seems unharsh.

on 5/20/2003 5:13:00 PM

I got this after reviewing the reviews here. Thanks, guys! This is the ONLY shampoo to ever get rid of my flakies. I used it for a few weeks straight, and now only occasionally, and it is wonderful. Every bit as worth as the price, and then some!!

on 5/7/2003 3:58:00 AM

I bought a small bottle of this at walmart for 7.00 it worked & doesn't smell bad like most dandruff shampoo. I pretty much like the smell. If you have dandruff give it a try. UPDATE..this is just not workig for me anymore so i had to take a couple lippies away:( neutrogena t-sal is works so much better.

on 4/18/2003 5:11:00 PM

There are hardly words to describe how amazing this product is. I know that sounds kind of sappy - but I have struggled with a dry, itchy, flakey scalp for about 20 years and this is the first and only thing that has ever helped! Amazing! Itch was gone after 1st use. After a few weeks of using as directed, the flakes are 95% gone. Nothing compares. I tried tea tree oil, jojoba oil, many AD shampoos, and got "zero" results until Nizoral. HG!

on 4/10/2003 12:46:00 AM

My dermatologist recommended this for my itchy scalp and it does an excellent job. I've also read it can help to thicken hair follicles. I can't say one way or another on that, but it does give it an edge over the competition, don't you think?

on 3/3/2003 11:06:00 AM

This product REALLY works! I use it a few times a month to help out my scalp. (in winter is helps dry winter scalp...and in summer it helps sun scalp too!)
It is more expensive than the other "brands", but worth every cent. My hair and head always feels rejuvenated after shampooing. It would not be good as an every day shampoo, especially for color treated hair...so be careful not to use it too often - directions on bottle work great.

Popular Shampoos