Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

Oh my goodness. $8 CDN for a 60 ml bottle of shampoo. Yowza. But after having tried Denorex and tea tree and rosemary mint shampoos to get rid of flakes that were appearing from nowhere, I was desperate. And this lightly scented, pink shampoo was just the ticket! There's no tar, so no major hair fallout, and it got rid of flakes on the first use. I'm totally sold.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo is really great. Every time I have any scalp problems, I reach for this and use it for 2-3 days, and it takes care of the problem. I generally don't have dandruff, but sometimes have probelsm due to weather, stress or a perm. And this product always always has worked. It seems gentles, for some reason.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know what the heck was giving me flakes, never had em in my life...this literally worked after one use!!! I am not kidding..the smell is sooo good and no more flakies...excellent stuff..if you have flakes, go get it now!! Worth every penny! I paid 9.99 for 4 ounces at CVS..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

All I can say "Why did I wait so long to try what is now a mini-miracle for my poor scalp" I have suffered for over 20 years with what I know now to be seborrheic dermatitis. The scalp line around my temples would be red with patches of white flakies. I also had aggravated areas in my ears and behind my ears. I finally broke down and bought a small bottle about 2 months ago and now I can wear my hair back with confidence. I used it for about 4 days straight and then once every 3 days for 2 weeks. Now I use it only about every 10 to 14 days. And that's with the same small bottle! I apply the shampoo to my head, put some around my ears and allow it to work while I do other shower stuff. BEWARE: This stuff is extremely drying and will strip your hair so have some really good moisturizing conditioner on hand!
I have tried most of the dandruff and anti-flake shampoos on the mass market and none of them ever got the job done. If any of you suffered like I did, I beg you, please splurge and feel good again:-) continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What is wrong with me?!!! I cannot find a good hair product to help my sad hair. I ruined my hair a few years ago when I decided to bleach and dye it a total of 18 times in one year. Now my hair is a mess. I have a dry scalp, oily roots, and dry ends. I thought this shampoo would get rid of my flakies but it didn't help at all. Before using this shampoo, I would have to wash my hair everyday or else it would look greasy. From using Nizoral, my hair looks greasy all the time, even when I wash it. The only thing that works on my hair is Clinique Extra clean shampoo but I still have dry scalp. I am doomed. Maybe I should just shave it all off and start over.

All I can say is this stuff WORKS!! And it has a decent scent to it as well. A LOT better than T/Gel (DON'T get me started on that one!!!). I just wish the conditioner, although it makes my hair softer, worked in getting rid of the itching and flaking.

I have tried many different products, and none of them worked. I was hesitant to try Nizoral because of the price, but did some research and found that there is a prescription strength version of Nizoral that costs about twice as much, so I decided to give it a try, being that it was good enough that they make a prescription strength of it. It is worth the price- I noticed a difference right way, and now I only use it once or twice a week to maintain my happy scalp, with regular shampoo in between. It really was the only thing that worked for me, especially at getting rid of the winter scalp itchies! I will buy it again, and recommend it to anyone who asks! : )

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is the only thing that works when I get itchy scalp/patches of flakiness (mainly during season changes). It was recommended by my doctor and works great. It's a little expensive and I wouldn't use it as a daily shampoo, but when I need it, it clears up problems immediately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is awesome, I have mild seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and eyebrows. This is the only shampoo that has supplied me with a flake buildup free scalp and soft manageable, fresh smelling hair. Once or twice a week I wash my hair and eyebrows using this product and follow with my normal conditioner. I have experienced no dryness in my eyebrows even and the flakes are very controlled! I recommend this shampoo to anyone who is suffering from dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and needs a hair healthy way to keep it under control! two thumbs up :)

I was rather disappointed that this didn't help with my flakes at all, despite the great reviews. "Kills the fungus that can cause dandruff," it says. I assume that fungus wasn't the cause of mine.