December 20, 2014 | 1474 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i'm currently using the raspberry rose kiss one and i have to agree with the other reviewers saying that it smells like candy amazingness; however, the scent dissipates once its on my lips. i use this solely as my nighttime "treatment" so it doesn't bother me that it gives off a white cast. i like to really slather this on before bed because it feels so nice on my lips. it "disappears" a bit throughout the night, which makes me think that it does actually sink into my lips (i know i don't eat it because most other lips balms i use at night have always remained till morning) to help condition them instead of just sitting atop merely creating a physical barrier to the elements. i don't know how this will fare on already chapped lips since i've been lucky to not have that as of yet, but it does seem to do a decent job preventing my lips from drying out. overall, i don't think it performs any miracles but is an enjoyable product to have and use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bcm321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have the raspberry one and unless you only use a tiny bit, yes, it makes your lips sort of pale whitish-pink. but it smells great and really softens. i use it at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for lip products, and for Nivea lip balms in particular, so it didn't take long for me to pick up one of these lip butters once they made it to New Zealand. I've used it for a good few months now, so I feel it's high time to give a review. :)
I have the vanilla and macadamia scented one, and, without beating around the bush, the smell of it alone is enough for me to want to repurchase. It's so yummy smelling! If you're someone who loves gourmand scents, I can guarantee that you'll love this product. I've also tried the raspberry rose one (my mum has it) which also smells really good. I personally prefer the vanilla one slightly, but the raspberry one is definitely yummy - it reminds me of a cross between red jelly crystals and rosewater. Just be warned that neither of them really have a taste.
Anyway, moving on from the scent....
In terms of how effective this is as a lipbalm, I think this deserves a solid 3.5 to 4 stars. It doesn't last quite as long as my favourite Nivea Milk & Honey balm, but it still stays on for a good 3-4 hours, which, given that it is a balm/butter as opposed to a chapstick/treatment, is perfectly acceptable to me. It doesn't leave my lips feeling parched after it wears off, but I still would reapply as soon as possible.
If you use too much it can leave a bit of a white cast - personally I don't find that I *have* to ever use that amount anyway, so it's not really a problem for me. When a normal amount is applied it leaves a slightly glossy, moisturised sheen to the lips - slightly more than an average stick lipbalm, but less than vaseline or a gloss. If I apply it under a lipstick it sheers it out slightly, but the colour can be built up with a few extra swipes
I really love the packaging - I think the tin is adorable, secure but easy to open, and compact and hardy enough to throw in my bag. So many people are complaining about the "unsanitary" packaging, but I genuinely don't understand that. I personally make sure my hands are clean before I apply any kind of face product, including lip products, so it's no more unsanitary than using a stick balm in my opinion.
Price-wise: I can't remember exactly how much these are, but I'm pretty sure they're under $5 at the supermarket. Mine has lasted for ages (I'm only about half-way through, and I use it at least twice a day), so I'd say they're definitely worth the price.

As always, I have gone on for ages, but to sum this whole review up: this is a delicious smelling, moisturising lip product that I'd recommend to anyone who's looking for an everyday balm to prevent (not heal - it's not designed to do that!) chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by livelynnlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have 3 or the 4 they smell so good .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Love this! I have it in the vanilla macadamia and it smells amazing. Sweet and delicious without being fake. It hydrates my lips really well. I always have it on me. I don't apply a ton, but it doesnt give the white cast on me that others mentioned. It's just clear and balmy/glossy. Will definitely repurchase, might try the caramel scent next. Also, yes, guys definitely seem to love the way these smell too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this ! I have the raspberry one and it smells like everything ! I only use it at night because it has a whitish tint to it once applied. When I wake up my lips are so smooth and they look plumper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by PurelyEnvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried the raspberry scent, and it left a horrible, uneven pinkish color on my lips. It smelled amazing, but the color was awful and the tin is pretty unsanitary....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of lip balms that come in tin cans but I love this product. I've tried other Nivea lip balms and I wasn't a big fan of them but this is different. There is only the Original and the Vanilla & Macadamia (the only that I own) sold here in Canada.

The scent of the Vanilla & Macadamia lip butter is very nice and the texture feels buttery on the lips. It does a decent job of hydrating my lips and I like to apply it overnight. Do not use too much since it can have a white cast on the lips so be careful. Other than that, I really enjoy the product and would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm just using up my third tin of this (I've used the original & the vanilla macadamia one) and I love both. This is the closest to perfect I've found a lip product (and I've tried a lot). I still have to apply it all through out the day but not as often as other lip products. If you use too much it will tint your lips a bit white, so be aware of that. I've been searching for the raspberry one (I'm in canada) and I can't find it anywhere. I actually don't mind the packaging at all - I apply it right to my lips as you would an EOS lip balm, and I don't have to use my fingers until it's almost empty. When I use up the last of this one I'll definitely be re purchasing.