October 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this ! I have the raspberry one and it smells like everything ! I only use it at night because it has a whitish tint to it once applied. When I wake up my lips are so smooth and they look plumper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by PurelyEnvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried the raspberry scent, and it left a horrible, uneven pinkish color on my lips. It smelled amazing, but the color was awful and the tin is pretty unsanitary....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of lip balms that come in tin cans but I love this product. I've tried other Nivea lip balms and I wasn't a big fan of them but this is different. There is only the Original and the Vanilla & Macadamia (the only that I own) sold here in Canada.

The scent of the Vanilla & Macadamia lip butter is very nice and the texture feels buttery on the lips. It does a decent job of hydrating my lips and I like to apply it overnight. Do not use too much since it can have a white cast on the lips so be careful. Other than that, I really enjoy the product and would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm just using up my third tin of this (I've used the original & the vanilla macadamia one) and I love both. This is the closest to perfect I've found a lip product (and I've tried a lot). I still have to apply it all through out the day but not as often as other lip products. If you use too much it will tint your lips a bit white, so be aware of that. I've been searching for the raspberry one (I'm in canada) and I can't find it anywhere. I actually don't mind the packaging at all - I apply it right to my lips as you would an EOS lip balm, and I don't have to use my fingers until it's almost empty. When I use up the last of this one I'll definitely be re purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by alising3248

Oh my goodness this is the stuff of ANGELS.

I have this in Raspberry Rose, or whatever the pink stuff is, and it smells amazing. Seriously. Whenever I put it on I make all my friends smell it and put it on too. Positive feedback, all around.

It is incredibly moisturizing and it makes my lips feel pouty and luscious, but not greasy or waxy.

The only drawbacks are the packaging--it's cute and I don't really mind it, but some people definitely won't like the fact that you have to dip your finger it in-- and the fact that it's not completely invisible. If I use too much, it gives my lips a kind of whitish-creamy look, which I would rather not have, so in public I use it in moderation. Before bed I slather it on, and ta-da! Lovely lips in the morning.

TL;DR: This stuff is the BOMB//BALM, and that was a bad pun. Do your lips a favor and try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sofilovesbeauty

I got this at cvs farmacy and it was buy one get one so I had to get it! I put it on my lips and loved it, it was so smooth and the smell was amazing! After about 5 minutes my lips were soft... I re-applied it like an hour later and my lips got much softer! I would def. buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ashcarole

I am a huge fan of Nivea and I use a lot of their products. When I first heard about these lip butters, I knew I had to try them. I first purchased the Raspberry Rosé Kiss. I love the smell of it. It's refreshing, fruity and smells of summer. The second one I purchased was the Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. This one is by far my favorite! The sensational smells of Vanilla and macadamia nut are perfectly in sync with one another. I think more of these smells as a fall/winter scent so I will most likely be using it during that time as well. When you open the tin you see that it's texture is very smooth. It glides on perfectly and stays on your lips for a while. I have noticed that when you use these lip butters you can tell that it provides a little color to your lips and it looks white to a pinkish color with the Raspberry Rosé lip butter. Overall, I like these lip butters and would love to try the Caramel kiss one next!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by flchick75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

While these products smell good and are nice to put on, I'm not sure they do much else for your lips. The main ingredient is Petrolatum (ie Petroleum jelly) so it mainly sits on top of your lips, it doesn't hydrate them. It can prevent moisture from leaving your lips but if they are already damaged, it won't repair them. It's a decent product if you like to feel pampered but I think there are better products on the market and I'm not sure this one is worth all the hype. Too bad they don't taste as good as they smell :)

Edit: I'm tossing this since I really cannot stand the greasiness. It just sits on top of my lips and does not feel good to me at all. I'd take an EOS lip balm any day over the Nivea. If I want something that heals my lips fast and usually over night - I use Burts Bees or good old fashioned Carmex.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have decided to try this instead my usual nivea lip balm. I would say it is a very good product. It moisturizes very well smells good to and has good ingredients in it. I never had a problem with white tint on my lips, but the only thing I wasn't fond of is the packaging. It is a good product to add to usual routine, but I wouldn't carry it around due to sanitary purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this product 4 stars because as others mentioned, it did leave a white-ish film on my lips & made them feel slightly icky. After 20-30 minutes it absorbs nicely & my lips feel fantastic!!

Some mentioned that they hated the packaging. I love it. I always wash my hands before and after applying so having to use my fingers doesn't bother me. If it bothers you, use a application brush :)