October 25, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this product since it was being so hyped up, but I was sadly disappointed. I tried three different colors and none of them really impressed me. I think the formula is cool, because something about the waxiness of the product does keep your lips looking shiny for a lot longer than most regular glosses. However, I have very pigmented lips and of the three I tried (one pale pink, one MLBB lilac, and one bright fuchsia), none really even showed up on me much. The fuchsia did leave a stain, but it was very pale. I suppose these only work if you either want a very pale wash of color or if you do not have very pigmented lips.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Rite Aid was having a BOGO 50% off so I had to pick these up. They retail for about $10 or so, depending on where you get them.
I got Rose On and On (a light, subtle pink that I adore and can definitely wear every day) and Pink Rebellion (a blue based, brighter pink).
I love these and am thinking about running out and buying all the colors. These have a light alcohol scent that's not unpleasant but might bother those who are sensitive to fragrance. I would say that's the only downside. Otherwise they wear really well, feel light and natural on your lips... none of that sticky, drying film feeling that most long wearing lip products seem to have. These are called shine stains and amazing, they do stain the lips while retaining the glossiness! Most stains are flat or matte but I was pleasantly surprised to find that my lips still had the glossy look for several hours. These go on sheer but are definitely buildable. I swiped each about 3 times on my lips to get the color effect I wanted. The applicator is shaped different too and application was easy and precise. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I've bought a second shade, Berry Persistent--cheesy, cheesy, cheesy name; I so wish that people would allow "very" and "berry" to be two entirely different, non-interchangeable words--and I have to add a warning. Do NOT rub your lips together after this stuff sets, because then you're asking for a mess (#learnedthehardway). The good news is, once I'd reapplied, it comfortably withstood a shift at work with all the colour and most of the gloss intact, and it barely transferred onto the straw of my iced coffee. So even with that glitch, it still gets a HUGE thumbs up from me.

So far Ive bought only one shadeStubborn Plum, which is in fact a sheer, mid-bright orchid colour but is it weird that Im considering a drugstore/ high street product for my wedding this year? (Having already set aside a Lancome eye palette, a MAC blush and a Victorias Secret highlighting powder.) I suppose I could go all out and look up the YSL number its based on, butwhy? Really, why? I cant imagine it being much more in the zone than the contents of this gorgeous gold vessel. I have to say, LOreal has almost all the cheaper brands beat in terms of packaging, and some from the big dogs, too. Whatever you do, dont get discouraged when this liquid stain spreads over your lips almost clear; give the pigments a minute to blossom, or develop, or whatever you want to call it. The gloss part is so fine and subtle that it looks more like a rich, clear balm than a sheet of vinyl stuck over your lips, which is what made me think that one of the more muted shades might be perfect for a bridal look. On a day where convention calls for you to make out with someone, you want to choose your lip products carefullyso even if I dont end up going with one of these bad girls, let the record show that it was, at the very least, a contender.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I own one YSL glossy stain and 4 of the L'Oreal versions and I like the L'Oreal ones better. It applies smoothly with no splotches and when it dries, it doesn't move and is transfer resistant without being drying or sticky and it stays glossy for a long time. I like the YSL glossy stain but find that the L'Oreal version is more long wearing and transfer resistant. I also like the packaging... very upscale looking.

EDIT: I have downgraded this to 4 lippies. I still love the way these look and wear, but I have two complaints:
1. The color on the tube is nothing like the actual color. I mean, WAY off.
2. They feel glossy and creamy while on and stay that way for a long time, but as soon as it wears off or I take it off, my lips are Sahara dry and no amount of balm can fix it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are so comfortable for a long wearing gloss/stain. That alone is why I love them. You do feel them on, but they haven't left me feeling like I need a ton of lipbalm just to be OK with it. They actually keep a little bit of a glossy finish rather than the gloss wearing off and you're left with a dry matte finish.

I expect to get one of each color within the near future, but I have the two lightest pinks and am so happy with them. They dry a tad bit darker so, while it looks like they don't have much color payoff, I do have a basic nude lip. I wear the nudes more often, even with a full face of makeup, so those are right up my alley. Check them out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After paying $$$ for a YSL glossy stain, I was excited to find L'Oreal came out with their less expensive version. I bought Rose On Rose and found it to be almost exactly like the YSL line. I would say the odor is comparable, packaging is nice, doe-tip applicator makes application easy. The only difference I notice so far is that there is less actual color and more gloss ratio in the L'Oreal line. I had to apply Color Caresse twice to make it more noticeable. (I have YSL in color #20 (hard-to-find) and it is amazing how it comes out of the container looking like it's going to be yucky coral and about 10-15 minutes later when I check myself out in the mirror, it's turned an absolutely lovely shade of pinkish red. But, I digress!) Back to L'Oreal.......great product. I'm headed back to Target to grab other colors before they're swiped up and the display is empty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own 5 of these already! I have never been so in love with a lip product before. I love lipstick but I hate the dryness and transfer, and if they are moisturizing they tend to slip around my lips a lot. I am very picky with gloss because I don't like sticky gloss or gloss that feels too thick on my lips. I love stains but I have really only had luck with the Revlon Balm Stains, but there's also the issue of transfer with those stains as well for the first hour or so of wear. Once these babies set there is no transfer, even the darkest colors do not transfer. It is magical. I've worn these for a few days and i'm surprised by how well the shine sticks around for being such a light product, you hardly feel it on your lips. I average around 3-4 hours of shine and then depending on the color the stain can last the entire day or around 3 hours later. I do not own the lightest colors, I have the medium colors and the darkest colors so I cannot tell you about the staining effect of the lighter colors. These are honestly a great bargain for your money, they are unique and perform extremely well. I found these for $7.99 at my Target. I highly recommend these babies!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have a love/kinda dislike relationship with these. On one hand I don't have anything quite like them and it is quite cool that they maintain color and shine extremely well without being a true lipstick or gloss. On the other hand, although for the most part they feel comfortable on initially.. around the 2 hr mark they start to feel a little gummy and feel like they are sucking moisture out of lips. Applying a fresh layer without first removing the old is not a great idea since it only adds to the gummy factor.

They are true to their name... a shiny stain. It is kind of bizarre the way they manage to set and stay shiny. But it makes for a long lasting lip color that looks shiny and fresh long past the point that you think it would.

I bought three colors.

Rose On and On... MLBB neutral pink without any mauve/purple or yellow/orange undertones. I love this color, it looks really fresh.

Endless Red... a neutral pop of cherry red. Can be built up for a lot of impact. Looks better layered up a bit because it does apply a bit patchy when put on sheerly. On the spectrum of neutral reds it is leaning slightly on the warm end of the spectrum.

Eternally Nude... Warm peachy nude with caramelly undertones. It doesn't suit my skintone very well. There isn't a cool nude in these which is disappointing.

Of the three shades I have tried Endless Red is the long lasting, even if I apply balm on top when it starts to feel drying the color stays in place and leaves behind a very long lasting stain. Endless Red is the most finnicky of the shades though, it has to be applied perfectly or it can still tend to bleed a bit around the lip line.

I like the packaging and applicator of these a lot as well.

I cannot wear these every day or they would destroy my lips. The price of having to not worry about touch ups for long amounts of time is the fact that these are harsh on the delicate skin of the lips.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought there in 3 colors:

Lilac ever after - not sure what is lilac about this. It is a nude/mauve pink, very close to my natural lip color
Rose on and on - sheer/light pink.
Infinite fuchsia - this one is BRIGHT and blue toned.

The lilac and rose are not very noticeable on me so I can't tell if they last well. The fuchsia does seem to last several hours. However, it "feels" like you have something on your lips. They are sticky and gunky and by the end of the day, my lips were peeling slightly so they dried them out. However, this is better than the felt tip lip stains, which cause peeling after a couple hours. Immediately after opening the tube, you get an alcohol smell, and this seems to linger for a long time after putting the stain on.

Overall, I'd say these are average. They do last well and are only mildly drying. However, I don't like to "feel" my lip products and for that reason, these are unpleasant and not recommended.

These are $10 at RiteAid and $11 at CVS.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These are a relatively new product coming out from L'Oreal, they are an almost EXACT dupe for the YSL glossy stains!!!! Which of course makes sense considering that L'Oreal owns both :P I found these at my local bed, bath and beyond for only $7.49 each, a steal in my opinion since the ysl one's go for $30 or more. They have I believe 12 colors, I chose pink persuasian and rose on and on. The color on the tube is misleading, I feel that the color they turn on your lips is far from what appears in the tube. But I do like the color and the way it makes my lips look. Nice and juicy and full. I'd buy more colors and I'm hoping that these will be a permanent addition to the L'Oreal line. The only thing I dislike is the gold packaging which shows every smudge but hey its easily solved with a wipe.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No