September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a volumizing mascara like the beautygods have intended it! Really black, no clumping, gives big fat lashes and it's real easy to use! No 5 minutes per eye perfecting every lash, but straight up defined lashes within a few strokes. It lasts pretty well, no flaking, but it won't survive a good sweaty workout unfortunately. The price is high, as any other Chanel mascara, but in this case I think it is totally worth it. This is as close to a HG as it can get!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

This mascara makes my lashes look full and long. It doesn't clump, and stays on well, yet is easy to remove.

I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by LauraDonskoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Le Volume de Chanel mascara gives not only volume, but curls and lenghtens at the same time. It is somehow similar to Diorshow Extase, just with some curl effect added. Two layers give a really great fan lashes effect! It does not flake, stain, stays in place 24 hrs. The only little disadvantage is that if you want to put more than 2 layers, the lashes start to stick to each other.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample and these are my first impressions.
price: 4
packaging: 5
would not purchase

*EDIT: I tried it with a couple different brushes and I conclude it's indeed the formula that sucks. Don't purchase if you hate clumps. However, Maybelline full 'n' Soft is the opposite of clumpy and I've just reviewed it.*

This mascara has good and bad points, and depending on what your preferences are, you could love it or hate it. This is not a terrible mascara. It truly does deliver volume and a fair amount of length on the first coat. However, the second coat is when things get hairy which is disappointing because in my experience, this is where the magic happens with mascaras that I've liked. In Chanel's case, my lashes were sticking together pretty badly and too much product was going on. I blame this on the brush and it makes me stand even more staunchly beside traditional brushes; there is just too much space between the rubber bristles and so the formula gets slathered on lashes too thickly. I prefer a much more separated look. Because of this, the tips of my lashes looked fat, blunt, and overdone when they should be finely tapered. I do believe the issues with this mascara are solely the fault of the brush and not the formula itself because its consistency and color are wonderful. I love the wet formula because this allows for smooth, glossy, clump-free application (with a traditional brush). It's also a very deep black and does not flake with one coat-- I got a few after the second dried. I can't detect much of a smell and the packaging is sleek and minimal. Out of all the mascaras I've tried, this one gives my lashes the most lift which gives a pretty, wide-eyed look. The wand is easy to hold and I haven't had a problem maneuvering it, nor do I think the brush is large (maybe I'm used to the conical Lancôme Doll Lashes brush). I'm just so frustrated that Chanel tried to be edgy and stuck on a rubber brush because this could've been an excellent mascara... But maybe it's better this way because I'm not tempted to pay $30 for this.
In conclusion, one coat of this mascara looks actually quite lovely and gives good volume, but fails the second round. I think I'll stick with Lancôme.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ellyna92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!
I received it as a gift for my birthday and I've been using it for a week and I have to say I do love love love it!

What I love:

- The brush: it combs lashes wonderfully = no clumps and defined lashes; it's not as big as some reviewer wrote, buy maybe I find it small because I was used to Sumptuous Extreme (EL), which had a very big brush (I also found it difficult to use).

-The formula: it's very wet, so you can work with the brush and comb lashes for a long time before they start to get dry. It also leaves lashes really soft (I hate mascaras that make lashes crunchy). It doesn't flake! I put it on in the morning at 7 am and it's still there in the evening when I get back home.

-The result: say goodbye to clumps and say hello to volume! It really does what it promises: volume + curl. I need only one coat of mascara. If I want a very dramatic look I wait a minute so that the formula starts to get dry and then I apply one more coat. I can do all of this with NO CLUMPS!

-The packaging: Chanel..is Chanel. Sleek and chic, right?

What I do not love:

-The price: here in Italy is sooo expensive.... I paid it 28.90 euros...

Would I buy this product again?

YES YES YES AND AGAIN YES!!!!!

***UPDATE*** 2/08/2013

Now that I'm using another mascara I definitely realise how much I loved Le Volume...
can't wait to buy it again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I admit, I'm a mascara-a-hollic you name it I honestly have tried it and ladies I do believe this one lives up to all expectations it's lengthening, thickening does not flake and has a nice feel on the lashes it compares nicely with my last favorite LancĂ´me.. I was asked "you have such long nice lashes are they yours?" that's all I needed to hear : ) will def repurchase..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by proque

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I had the trial of this mascara a couple months ago. I'm giving this mascara a 3 because it really did volumize my lashes and its really black if that's what you're looking for. But when I apply it in the morning it goes on a bit clumpy but then throughout the day I noticed that it turns out really well. At times it flakes and leaves residue underneath my eyes. It's hard to remove even with makeup remover. I only this on my top lashes because it's not waterproof and I just need it during the day time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by catkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail!!!The best!!! I'm in love....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, I tried out of a sample tube the sales assistant gave me. She was trying to talk me into this new Chanel mascara (after having told her that my current favourite since 2 years is Chanel Inimitable Intense)
So, back to the point: I tried this so much praised mascara, but I am not sold on it.
I am disappointed.
It is jet black, very wet, and everytime I apply it, due to the huge silicon brush (I find it lacks of control, way too big) it stains and ruins my eye makeup. It's really wet and after 5 minutes if I pass my finger on my lashes it is still wet, and stains around if you blink. 5 mins is a way too long time to wait in the morning when you need to dash off quick (I have to do my full face in 10 miutes).
NO good for such and high end mascara!
Well it does add a pack of colour and gives volume, that is true, but this mascara is clump city at the 2nd coat. One coat would suffice to avoid clumps but in that way you do not achieve outstanding volume nor lenght. When you apply the second coat, it is a nightmare. Hard to remove, in addition.
I do not like it that much and I am more and more convinced that I need to my beloved Chanel Inimitable.
NO buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went by the Chanel counter for a little pick me up treat and ended up getting this mascara. I love mascara and I'm always intrigued by rave reviews of a new kid on the block.

I really liked Chanel's Inimitible mascara but the Le Volume kicks it up a couple of notches. I use a lash primer as I have very thin lashes (and they need the extra help) and one coat of Le Volume gives me very long and noticeably thick lashes. I put on another coat and my lashes were slightly clumpy but nothing a lash comb couldn't solve.

This stuff stays on all day too. For this kind of money, I expect a mascara to give me beautiful, lash lashes and stay on all day without smudging, smearing or flaking.
I'll edit the review after further road testing but I'm very impressed so far.

Note: the formula is a bit on the wet side so be careful about blinking your eyes after you apply it; otherwise you might end up with mascara spots underneath your eyes.

EDIT: Okay, I'm hooked on this stuff. After another full day of wear, it still looks fabulous. No smudging, smearing or flaking. Plus a friend at work commented on my lashes and asked if I had lash extensions done again. She meant it as a compliment as she had seen the lash extensions I had done a few weeks ago which were very natural yet nice and fluttery.
The verdict is in: I think Le Volume has replaced my beloved Definicils as my holy grail mascara! I've upgraded my review to five stars