November 25, 2014 | 1800 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPADTE: After leaving it quite some time to dry out a little I tried it again. No clumps, no smudging and amazing volume. It still crumbles though. Im not sure its worth spending on it and then have to wait until formula dries. Still- it looks amazing so I added one lippie but the crumbles are a big no-no for me.

I got a mini mascara to test and I didnt have high hopes for it. I have very long lashes so I dont look for lengthening- it creates grotesque effect.

Its very easy to get clumps, it doesnt add much volume which is something you would hope for :) It also crumbles and leaves you lovely little black dots under eye after 6-7 hours. It also doesnt hold curl well. I have no idea what it does good except making lashes black. It doesnt irritate my eyes and its kinda easy to take off with Bioderma. Very disappointing Chanel!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

And I have found my HG mascara. This mascara curls, lifts, and creates drama volume. It does not flake or make the lashes brittle and hard. I am a mascara junkie and was previously a YSL Shocking Faux Cils user but I have officially moved on. My qualm with YSL's mascara was that the bristles start to stick together after a 2-3 weeks and its too expensive to keep updating that frequently. I strongly recommend le volume de chanel. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are reading this review debating on whether or not it's worth spending 30 dollars on a mascara, I get it, I was too. However I would urge you to go get it immediately! I love mascara, everyone has their favorite beauty item, and mine is mascara. I literally have about 10 in my rotation right now, most of them drugstore. The minute I got this mascara, those stopped being used. They are still good mascaras, but I've never tried a mascara that was better than this and that is saying a lot. The first time I used it, I wasn't really wowed. But it usually takes me a few tries to figure out the best way to work with a new mascara and get used to it. By the third or fourth try, I was in love. I'm blessed to have pretty long lashes naturally, however I don't have too much volume. I like mascaras that can give me both, and this does just that. It is a wetter mascara, so keep that in mind. I find the best way to use it for my lashes is to put on a coat, let it set for about 30-40 seconds, then go back and build it up. When I'm done my lashes literally look like falsies, and no other mascara has done that for me. It is expensive, but for me it is worth every penny!!

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by opossum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great great mascara from chanel, i love that it is really deep black color, gives decent volum and length. BUT it is hard to get of and for that a 4

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, is all I can say right now. I am a serial mascara junkie (I should realllly kick the habit) and wanted to try this one out. I have used this with and without primer.

So, my lashes are average, short, very straight lashes. I'm looking for volume, curling, and length (in that order.) I had high expectations for LVDC. When you take the brush out, it is covered in product, so I try to wipe the excess inside the tube before I remove it fully, and that helps a bit. The formula is wet, so it does take a while to dry. This stuff slightly undoes my curl, which is disappointing, but it does not clump on me, and it fans them out pretty nicely adding thickness to each lash and lengthens pretty well. I wait until it dries a bit and add a bit more, lightly zig-zagging my eyelashes. After it completely dries down, its a nice deep black, and makes my small eyes pop. My hubby even mentioned, "wow, your lashes look long honey." For him to comment means it stands out. I do another curl with my lash curler and that's it. Pretty happy with it overall.

I find with a primer it clumps pretty bad though, so I just use it on naked lashes. It's nice not having to layer primer, and multiple mascaras. I have a tendency to use a primer, lengthening, and then a different volumizing mascara to get the look that I want. Its a long process! lol. With this, I'm pleased that I only have to use this one.

It does smear a bit on me. I am in healthcare, and wearing a mask and goggles 8 hrs a day, I do have a bit of panda eyes. On my off days, I have not seen smudging. It does wash off easily, which I do like that part.

The tube is a heavy sleek black tube, and the top clicks into place when you close it. The Snowflake brush has alternating larger and smaller bristles to catch every lash, or so they say. It is nice packaging.

The price is expensive, I really don't like that its $30. If it was $28, I wouldn't have a problem with it- funny isn't it? It's like when they price things $19.99 it still makes it better than a flat $20. Anyway, it seems like all that mascaras are going up in price, so I suppose thats how it goes. I like what it does for me, let's see if there will be anything that will top this, for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went into my Chanel to repurchase my Inimitable Intense in November and they happened to be out :( This happened to be when they were pre-releasing the Le Volume formula. I LOVE volume, so I figured what the hell. The brush is fatter than the I.I. formula, and it's wetter, which my lashes don't seem to like. For me, it clumped more. That may have been the fact that you can brush clumps out with the I.I. brush better, I don't know. Either way, I didn't like this after about 4 uses. It's too wet and clumps on me really easily. I already repurchased the Inimitable Intense and remembered why I liked it to begin with. It separates, this one doesn't.

Edit: I tried this again when I was desperately low on mascara and couldn't get to Bloomingdale's (I don't use drugstore makeup) and it had dried out a little and I liked it a LOT more. I still think I prefer Inimitable Intense due to the separation, but the fact that it wasn't horribly wet made it easier to use. My lashes hate super wet mascara. Ideally I would buy this and Inimitable Intense and layer them but spending $60 on mascara every 4 months is a tad much on my med school budget (and I already spend too much on makeup as it is anyway)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Holy grail material. I need just one coat to have thicker lashes. I don't know if this is lenghtening, since my eyelashes are pretty long anyway and what I look for in mascaras is volume, color, and curl. Le Volume delivers! It's the blackest black, makes my eyelashes look super thick, and holds the curl very well. So far, I haven't had transfer issues or flakiness either. I love the sleek black packaging (How I loathe those super big gaudy mascaras with bright tubes and loud colors... geez...) and that it doesn't take up a lot of space in my makeup bag. It's expensive, but I will continue to repurchase FOR SURE.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by AKEighty8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE !! Best mascara ! I have very thin and short lashes and this makes them look amazing !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by bwalker197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a strong believer in Chanel make up. I have used this for about 3 months and I still have enough. It is AMAZING. Makes my eyelashes look so long, goes on without clumping, and looks like a perfect black color. It's $30, which is similar to MAC mascara so to me, it's justified. Haha. I love this mascara, I won't be using anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a volumizing mascara like the beautygods have intended it! Really black, no clumping, gives big fat lashes and it's real easy to use! No 5 minutes per eye perfecting every lash, but straight up defined lashes within a few strokes. It lasts pretty well, no flaking, but it won't survive a good sweaty workout unfortunately. The price is high, as any other Chanel mascara, but in this case I think it is totally worth it. This is as close to a HG as it can get!