October 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The palette is good. You have to know how to use it as far as blending colors together properly. I'm bc 45 for reference. It looks really nice with liquid or gel black eyeliner the cat eye looks. Would I rebuy maybe not because I have to many palettes as it is. Is it worth it?? Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ChEyEnNeAnNeTtE

As much as I love my other Naked Palettes, this one just became my new favorite for fall/winter. There's something about a matte eye in the cooler months that just works. This palette is the perfect range of matte shades for using with other shadows to blend looks out, or entirely on its own, with each other, like I have since I got it. I've only used something else once and have had it for two weeks. I'll admit, it's not as great of a steal that the normal Naked Palettes are with their around $4/each price breakdown, but I got this for $12 with a $15 off coupon at Sephora and couldn't have picked a better thing to use it on. The shadows are really pigmented like UD shadows should be, even if the lighter ones blend into nothingness on my skin tone. That makes them good for blending darker shades out and great for using on other skin tones. I would most definitely replace this baby because I don't know how I lived without it before. It's GREAT.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Decent palette but NYX makes the same one called "natural". Same colors, same quality and 6 bucks....no brainer here!!!! Actually I like the NYX one better!! just sayin'

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, something different. I went to Ulta with high hopes for N3. Not so pleased when I swatched it. I love rose gold accessories, but eyeshadow not so much. Naked basics is versatile, with sleek matte packaging. The first color resembles a whiter Virgin with a frosty finish, the rest are strictly matte. Super easy to score many looks and I found the price a bit less intimidating. I love this and it has become a staple HG product for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by LeslieXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Giving this product top marks as there is nothing I don't like about it! Packaging is perfect, great for travelling, great mirror. Great mix of neutral shades, can be used for a natural daytime look or a dramatic night time look and anything in between. Very versatile and very fairly priced!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this palette from Ulta and at first I loved the pigmentation and the colors, especially the naked 2 color. However I am hyper-sensitive to scents and when I found a review online that mentioned that the palette had a urine-like odor, I immediately went to smell the palette (something I had not done before). The urine smell was so strong, once I noticed it, I could not forget it. So sadly, this palette is now ruined for me because of my hypersensitive nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Lyphan515

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this palette to death. So handy and travel friendly. The colors are so perfect and natural looking for everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This pallette is almost perfect if you just want a simple neutral look without all the crazy shimmer and what not. I do wish that this came with a broader range of colors because i think three or four of them are really light and theres only 6. Id like to see more midtones so that you can create different looks with it. But over all i really like the quality of the shadows i just wish there were more shades to choose from

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update 1/1/13 -- I keep trying to work with this, thinking "this time it will work," and each time my eyes wind up looking muddy, patchy and dirty.

Honestly I've worn nothing but matte shadows for close to 20 years, have every palate imaginable, and this is simply really crappy shadow.

Pros:

Colors look pretty in the pan.

Cons:

- They look nothing on your skin like they do in the pan
- They do not blend well, no matter what brush you use
- They do not look smooth or consistent, no matter how you prime your lids or what brush you use.

I get depressed every time I use them because I look horrible and think I must be losing my technique. Nope, they are just flat-out awful.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I may adjust my review over time, but as someone who immediately buys every neutral matte palate out there, I'm not in love.

The shadows are heavily pigmented (plus) but they also go on heavy, and it was a little tough to buff the darker colors down to get a natural look without making the coverage look blotchy. And I can't believe I'm saying this, because i love taupe palates and always complain when neutral shadows are too warm, but these colors are a little grey. They even look a bit ashen on my skin which has lots of red undertones.

On the low price end I still prefer Physicians Formula Canyon Colors, which remains my day-to-day go-to shadow and is a lot easier to work with. And I hate to sound like a broken record but on the high end you just can't beat Chanel.

I do give it a lippie higher than I would otherwise for including a higher ratio of light to dark colors than most palates do. I can't count the number of shadows I've thrown out when the light color is all gone and I've barely made a dent in the darks.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

First let me state I am a HUGE urban Decay fan. I have serveral pallets but one thing UD is not great at are the mattes. So I did flinch a little at the $27 price but I do love this product not only on it's own as a natural eye but to use in conjunction with the other 3 naked pallets and Vice 2 as blending shades.

The packaging is sturdy so it' great for travel. Not metal like Naked 2 & 3 but plastic. There is no brush nor room to stow a brush so you'll need to bring your brushes with this one if you want it on the go.

The consistancy is the same as the other UD shadows so you get a creamy feel, they blend wonderful. It is not going to be like a naked pallets with tons of combos. It is what it says a basic Nutral pallet, However, the colors are very pigmented for me and i don't need a ton of product so I expect to have this puppy a while.

Two thumbs up for me!