January 26, 2015 | 1987 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

What's so impressive about this stuff is that it's a game changer. Lauder kind of tried it with Invisible Finish, but this stuff is bonkers. The ingredient list is pretty extensive; from the blogs I'd previewed it on you'd think it was made from five of the world's rarest and most precious oils. Maybe, but there's silicone and a lot of stuff. It doesn't bother my skin, so I don't mind, but do read the ingredient list.

Since buying this in #3 maybe a month ago, I have used it daily. I really do love using it as I've developed a ritual with it and it's so easy to use and it looks so good. Shake it briefly, squeeze the top (lid still on), shake again. Four drops total, directly on the face: forehead, cheeks, and nose (which covers nose, upper lip, and chin). I use my fingers to apply. There is a slightly floral/herbaceous-medicinal smell which is unnoticeable after five minutes. If you like Lancome's rather mature scents, you'll love this. My skin looks so even.

Wear: I have combination skin. This requires powder if you get shiny! I still have a decent amount of pigment on my skin at the end of the day, which is surprising as it's absolutely weightless.

Match: I'm quite pale and #3 is a great match for me.

Skin quality: it lends a very natural, airbrushed quality. I cannot wait until L'Oreal makes the drugstore version, because it's quite dear. Obviously, some people really hate this stuff, but it's the best foundation I've tried.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by dmoyer

Well I wanted to believe the reviews and the website on the wonderful properties of this product. Bought it online and chose color 3 I believe. The color was really light so I couldn't imagine how the lighter colors must look-ghostly I guess. As soon as I dropped it out of that messy dropper I used two drops of this runny foundation applied with fingers. I have slightly sensitive skin and immediately it was red and flaky with no coverage. I tried to let that layer dry and apply a few more drops to see if I could attain any more coverage. Nope just more dry flaky red skin. Well I had already wasted time in the morning and had to head out to work. Fast forward 12 hours later, what a mess. Went by Sephora after work and the SA said (in a nice way) wow your skin needs help its red and flaky. I had used Kat Von D previously-beautiful finish and staying power. I hate to say it but this is a horrible foundation!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Final Update:

I do not plan to try again in search of the correct shade. I bought Boots N7 Lifting & Firming foundation on a whim and fell in love! How could I possibly justify spending literally $50 more for Maestro Fusion, when I FINALLY found what seems to be perfection for me. N7 does not have many shades to choose from, which is a downside, but, happily #20 (Blonde) matches me perfectly. I will add a separate review for this product in the appropriate spot.

Update:

This foundation seems to get lighter, rather than darker after its on the skin for a bit. Which, ended up being a problem ,because 5 was already a bit light for me. As another reviewer noted, it gives almost ghostly/grayish cast. Maybe it is the sunscreen, I don't know. But , after a week of using it, but then having to add bronzer, which, for me defeats the purpose of matching your foundation if you end up having to put bronzer over the whole face, I forced myself to drive back out to the mallon a Saturday, which meant it was wall to wall people (ugh)andunbeknownst to me was the day following when the Today show featured it in a segment (Best of the best: Allure's Breakthrough Beauty Awards) The MUA said they'd been slammed ever since Friday morning. Therefore, they had no stock of a shade that came close to what I needed in the Maestro, or even in the Designer Lift. Nordstrom didn't even have testers to try, much less anything to sell me. So.... I gave up. I'll give it a bit in hopes the frenzy will die down, and my local store will once again have stock, and try again.

Although I only used it six days, I can say that I don't care for the packaging. The dropper idea is good, however, keeping in mind that "form should follow function" Armani could have done a better job, The top of the bottle has this flat gasket shaped ring at the top, so the opening is smaller than the actual neck of the bottle, Whether its just a design element for purely aesthetic reasons, or has a purpose I don't know, but, as the foundation still clings to the sides of the dropper, the entire length of it, you have to be accurate pulling it in and out, so that foundation doesn't drip on, and build up on the top of the inside of bottle opening. Hard to describe unless you're looking at it, but it did annoy me.

Bottle design the only real criticism I have so far, as I haven't been successful in finding a shade that matches well enough, and hence didn't really use it long enough to give more of a review than what I previously wrote.

(Original Review)
To preface this review, I went to the Nordstrom counter intent on exchanging my Armani Designer Lift foundation for a different shade. And, as luck would have it, they did not have it in stock. While I waited as she searched for it, a couple of customers came up and were trying the display samples of the Maestro Fusion . I got drawn into the conversation, tried a drop of some on the back of my hand, and was actually relieved when the SA didn't have the shade I was wanting in the Designer Lift variety!

My thoughts so far are that if a person uses as much as they would a regular liquid foundation, it will look awful. It really does need to be applied a drop at a time. It does look gorgeous on, and, it has more coverage than you would think, considering how thin it is.

It states right on the bottle to use fingers to apply. That is a plus, as far as it making one less makeup tool needed.

It is important to realize it needs to be shaken before each use. Those who have not liked it when they tried it may not have shaken it up first. I, of course don't know of that's the case, but it would definitely negatively affect how it looks when applied if not shaken.

I purchased in 5, which seems very similar to 5.5 in the Designer Lift foundation. It is a neutral beige, it does lean a bit pink, but is still quite neutral.

As I just have just started using this, I will make sure to update after wearing it for several weeks.

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by kcgray

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is the best. I goes on very well and is very easy to apply. I use my fingers since it is so light and it settles well. Love the feeling and you can apply more if you want more coverage in areas. Stays on well though out the day. Does not settle into lines and leaves my complexion looking so smooth. I am in my late 50's and have somewhat dry skin in certain areas and combination in other areas and have had no problem with this foundation. Just love Armani foundation's. Great product and will buy again.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

This is an absolutely fantastic foundation and NOT a type. The foundation is super smooth. It's easy to apply with just fingers instead of foundation brush. It hides discolorations without being too heavy. It also stays on all day. I strayed away from GA for a while and this product brought me back. My husband was complimenting how great my skin looked when we were out for dinner one night. He asked what I did different to my skin. I said it was the new foundation. I will definitely buy again.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by luisareyna

I hear every girl out there go on about their HG foundation, and until now I've never been able to definitively say that I have an HG. Before investing in this, I read several reviews and was a bit put off with how little coverage people were claiming this had. To my surprise when I tried this on at the counter, the coverage was a perfect medium. It covered up my post acne marks, so I have no idea what everyone is going on about. Anyway, on my dry skin this wears flawlessly throughout the entire work day, and it also finishes to a nice demi matte texture. Also this glides on very smoothly and is easily one of the easiest blending foundations I've ever used. The only thing that turns me off about this foundation is that it clings on to dry patches, but that only happens when I forget to exfoliate 2 times a week. Other than that, this foundation is one of the best I've tried. Definitely sample this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Not crazy about it. It looked dry and flakey on my skin. I applied it with fingers and sponge. Just did not work for me. :(

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeautyJunkie

I'm so happy to have this foundation. I've always been the buyer of "lightweight feel, light coverage, just enough to even your skintone" blah blah. I've been looking for a product that would even out my skin tone and make my skin look fresh, but that isn't heavy or detectable.

GA's Maestro Fusion makeup is finally it. It's completely weightless, dries to a satin finish and makes your skin look great. Drier types MIGHT have an issue if they have flaky patches, but aside from that, my normal to dry skin has been marveling at this gem since the day I got it. It truly is something that has never been seen before and is totally changing the face of "like skin" foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by timetoski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't think it was possible for something to be lighter than Vitalumiere Aqua end still offer coverage. But this is. My sample came in a vial, much like a perfume sample, I wondered why but soon found out. Excellent wear and coverage considering the consistency. Great finish as well. Natural and did not settle into any of my lines (fine or otherwise). Expected it to be drying and feel "tight" but it did not. Was almost so thin that I felt I couldn't apply it with my Shiseido foundation brush.... Did anyone else feel this way? I feared my foundation brush would absorb it all!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all of the bloggers and their ridiculous raves, I say ridiculous because you would think this stuff was holy water that when it was on their faces was the stroke of luck they needed to win the Powerball or something....I finally made my way to the mall of doom (hellacious parking) and tried this out once at the counter and twice more myself from the samples I brought home.

This is not a product I will go back and repurchase...Why you ask? Besides price, being ridiculous--and I will pay for what is fantastic...its just NOT that great. It's been hyped for months now all over the internet, all over the blogs and magazines. But I fail to see WHY. I am really trying to figure out if what these other bloggers reviewed is what is for sale and available to the masses. I didn't get a "press sample" (nor have I ever!) and I am seriously convinced that the press samples they send out are nothing like what actually goes on sale. Because otherwise I would have encountered some kind of miracle water in the Nordstrom Galleria over the weekend and instead I got samples of this crap!

It's supposed to be billed as "not foundation" and be taking the super-natural look to the next step. The way the SA at the counter described it was that it would provide "flawless coverage with a natural skin finish that stays put without needing powder". I have no idea who told this person that would be accurate because it's the furthest thing from the truth.

1) there is literally like zero coverage. Any pigment it has in it settles in any crater, wrinkle, blemish, whathaveyou and will make it look 10 times gnarlier than it already does. My skin is pretty decent if you ignore the area around my eyes. But I looked at least 10 years older and like I had crater face. And I do not generally have crater face.

2) "natural skin finish" in this case is like a grease bomb. It's in a very different formulation than any product out there, an oil base, and I don't believe contains any water. It's PERFECT for super dry skin in that respect. But for me, I looked like a grease ball who needed a shower. It did not work for my skin at all.

3) the only way this stuff would stay on me was with powder, and frankly, I was ok with it NOT staying on me. I looked better without makeup at all.

I don't really have a good shade match in this line (or any for that matter) but I tried it in #2. It was a little too pink for me, despite that color-blind fool telling me how yellow it was. It was not yellow. Compared to other shades in the range, it was yellow-er, but certainly not yellow OR olive.

Besides those issues, the packaging is leaving a LOT to be desired. I get ready at 5am, and I have a hard enough time functioning at that hour without trying to hold a jar of liquid gold. But if I drop that thing, itll shatter all over...and then I am out the 60-something dollars.

Anyway...I think it's a pass. I know, the rest of the internet thinks it's gold in a jar. But I don't really get why. And many of the people posting photos of their supposed "color matches" must be color blind, because they don't look like they match in photos.