October 25, 2014 | 1963 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by timetoski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't think it was possible for something to be lighter than Vitalumiere Aqua end still offer coverage. But this is. My sample came in a vial, much like a perfume sample, I wondered why but soon found out. Excellent wear and coverage considering the consistency. Great finish as well. Natural and did not settle into any of my lines (fine or otherwise). Expected it to be drying and feel "tight" but it did not. Was almost so thin that I felt I couldn't apply it with my Shiseido foundation brush.... Did anyone else feel this way? I feared my foundation brush would absorb it all!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all of the bloggers and their ridiculous raves, I say ridiculous because you would think this stuff was holy water that when it was on their faces was the stroke of luck they needed to win the Powerball or something....I finally made my way to the mall of doom (hellacious parking) and tried this out once at the counter and twice more myself from the samples I brought home.

This is not a product I will go back and repurchase...Why you ask? Besides price, being ridiculous--and I will pay for what is fantastic...its just NOT that great. It's been hyped for months now all over the internet, all over the blogs and magazines. But I fail to see WHY. I am really trying to figure out if what these other bloggers reviewed is what is for sale and available to the masses. I didn't get a "press sample" (nor have I ever!) and I am seriously convinced that the press samples they send out are nothing like what actually goes on sale. Because otherwise I would have encountered some kind of miracle water in the Nordstrom Galleria over the weekend and instead I got samples of this crap!

It's supposed to be billed as "not foundation" and be taking the super-natural look to the next step. The way the SA at the counter described it was that it would provide "flawless coverage with a natural skin finish that stays put without needing powder". I have no idea who told this person that would be accurate because it's the furthest thing from the truth.

1) there is literally like zero coverage. Any pigment it has in it settles in any crater, wrinkle, blemish, whathaveyou and will make it look 10 times gnarlier than it already does. My skin is pretty decent if you ignore the area around my eyes. But I looked at least 10 years older and like I had crater face. And I do not generally have crater face.

2) "natural skin finish" in this case is like a grease bomb. It's in a very different formulation than any product out there, an oil base, and I don't believe contains any water. It's PERFECT for super dry skin in that respect. But for me, I looked like a grease ball who needed a shower. It did not work for my skin at all.

3) the only way this stuff would stay on me was with powder, and frankly, I was ok with it NOT staying on me. I looked better without makeup at all.

I don't really have a good shade match in this line (or any for that matter) but I tried it in #2. It was a little too pink for me, despite that color-blind fool telling me how yellow it was. It was not yellow. Compared to other shades in the range, it was yellow-er, but certainly not yellow OR olive.

Besides those issues, the packaging is leaving a LOT to be desired. I get ready at 5am, and I have a hard enough time functioning at that hour without trying to hold a jar of liquid gold. But if I drop that thing, itll shatter all over...and then I am out the 60-something dollars.

Anyway...I think it's a pass. I know, the rest of the internet thinks it's gold in a jar. But I don't really get why. And many of the people posting photos of their supposed "color matches" must be color blind, because they don't look like they match in photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. It looks and feels exactly like skin. I usually apply my foundations with a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki - with this you need only fingers. I always need to powder religiously to achieve the look I want - with this product, I needed to do nothing else to 'fix' the look of the foundation. I haven't been matched to MAC in awhile (I would guess NC-15) but for reference, I use Chanel VA aqua in B10 with a little B20 mixed in, Chanel Perfection Lumiere in B10 with a little B20 mixed in, Dior Forever Flawless Perfection in 010, Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Buff 150, etc etc. (Usually, the palest shade in any line. I was, however, happy to see that this foundation runs extremely pale). The palest (2) was too pale. I was actually matched to 4 at the Armani counter. I could have probably gone paler (mixed 4 with 2) but this 'foundation' really does disappear onto the skin so I feel it is more forgiving as far as a match goes.

As far as wear goes, I wore this with no powder and found that my T-zone did not oil up with extended wear and require powdering or blotting. Something I have only really experienced when I mixed Hourglass Mineral Primer into my foundations and even then, humidity would require blotting. I was happy with the coverage. It covered my redness and past acne marks. Not completely, but, something about the way this makes the skin look, it almost allows for some imperfection. Incredibly difficult to describe, like so many reviews I had read - it's true! I am so happy with this foundation that I am actually disappointed that I have so many other foundations that will have to share time with this one! I have the Burberry Velvet Foundation on its way to me - I have been so excited about it but now that I have found this Armani one, I am going to return the Burberry right back to Nordstrom untouched! That's a huge deal considering I love trying new foundations! Also, before I tried the Armani foundation, I felt the reviews I had read sounded like it would be similar to the new YSL Touche Eclat foundation - well, it's not at all. I hated the YSL foundation - I thought it was too heavy on the skin and required lots of blotting and powdering to keep excess shine down.

Bottom line - give it a try! Highly recommended even at the $62 (USD) price point.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the other reviewers - this foundation is amazing and nothing like I've tried. I still love my Chanel vitalumiere aqua in b40 but this is great in a completely different way. I found my perfect shade (6.5) - GA recommends that you put in on with fingertips but I'm just used to using brushes and I've stuck to that. It is difficult to explain how it's different to other foundations but I will give it a go. This just melts into the skin (like a moisturiser would) and leaves the pigment behind giving amazing coverage. It feels like you're not wearing anything but the effect is beautiful and airbrushed. Yes, it expensive but totally worth it. I recommend getting a sample and trying it out for yourself.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by VeryTeri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a unique formula. I've yet to try anything even remotely similar to this. I guess the best way to describe the texture is that it feels like you're applying a dry oil, or a lightweight serum.

The first ingredient is dimethicone, so if you are not a fan of silicone in your foundations you may want to steer clear of this. This foundation has a broad spectrum SPF of 15. With that said, I have yet to experience any nasty flashback in photos.

Coverage is superb. Prior to getting this, I was a tad worried that it wouldn't cover my hyperpigmentation but damn I was wrong. Coverage is very reminiscent of Nars Sheer Glow (which is a true medium coverage foundation). If you have super dark marks like me, you can easily dab on a tiny bit more and it will build up very easily without adding too much texture.

Color match is perfect. I purchased this in shade 7 (a perfect neutral undertone, not too pink and not too yellow). The next shade up is a 6.5 (which is SLIGHTLY lighter, but far more pink-based). The next shade down is quite a leap, to be honest. I feel like they should make one more shade in between 7 and 8. For reference, I wear C4 in MAC F&B, 34 in MUFE F&B, 04 Beige Moyen in Lingerie de Peau, BD50 in Touche Eclat, 31 in Diorskin Nude, Sand 301 in Dior Airflash, 43 Canelle in Vitalumiere, 40 Beige in Pro Lumiere, B40 in Vitalumiere Aqua, B40 in Perfection Lumiere, 3 in Face Fabric, 8 in Luminous Silk, and Barcelona in Sheer Glow.

There is a slight medicinal-like fragrance to this. I find that the scent dissipates within 10-15 minutes of application, so it shouldn't be much of a problem unless you are extremely sensitive to fragrances in your cosmetics.

As for application, you literally cannot feel this on your face. I know that in the beauty community we tend to throw around the terms "lightweight", "airy", and "just like skin" a lot, but this really puts all other lightweight foundations to shame. GA markets this as the thinnest foundation in the world, and they are NOT kidding. Best application method I've found thus far is with your fingers. It blends like you wouldn't imagine. I say ditch your fancy brush, as it really isn't necessary for this type of formulation. Due to the consistency of this product, most of the product will ultimately get absorbed into the bristles anyway.

This product WILL cling on to any dry patches, so make sure that you are exfoliating on a regular basis (although it's probably already a given that exfoliation SHOULD be a part of your skincare regime, whether it be mechanical or chemical).

The finish + wear of this foundation is what truly sold me. It finished to a GORGEOUS, smooth, airbrush, glowy, semi-matte finish. Very Nars Sheer Glow-ish, except smoother (I guess we have silicone to thank for that) and more velvety. The GA Maestro wears BEAUTIFULLY throughought the entire day. It does NOT settle into fine lines, oil up, or fade in gross patches (Pro Lumiere.. Sheer Glow.. I'm looking at you). I put this on at 7AM, and it will look relatively the same when I get home at 11PM. I have NEVER come across a foundation that was capable of doing this, so you can imagine how excited I was when I looked in the mirror when I got home. I have a very oily t-zone that normally oils up within 1-2 hours of foundation application. I didn't get any oil break through until the 5-6th hour, and even then, it wasn't the sort of oil break through I normally get with other foundations. Very minimal.

The packaging may seem quite pretentious (dropper dispenser) but I've found that this sort of dispenser is necessary for a product with such a crazy thin consistency. I'd actually be very confused if they packaged this with a pump instead. Also because of how thin this formula is, one pump is WAY too much product for one application.

I have VERY acne prone skin and the fact that this is oil based scared the crap out of me. However, I've been using this for a full 2 weeks and I've had no breakouts whatsoever (makes sense considering that this product is non-comedogenic).

Overall, this foundation has almost forced me to re-evaluate what a foundation is supposed to do. With that said, I will without a doubt be repurchasing this until the day I die (or until 2018 which is most likely when GA will release a new revolutionary formulation). Gotta love 21st century technology!

39 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is simply amazing, it looks exactly like skin. It literally feels like nothing on my skin, it is completely weightless. With a product as thin and light as this, you would expect it to be sheer, but this foundation is anything but. It covers the redness in my skin perfectly, this is most definitely a medium foundation, though I am sure it can be worn sheerly if so desired. The way this product is bottled is very unique, but very effective at dispensing just the right amount of product. It applies flawlessly with fingers, it takes almost no time at all. It lasted quite a long time on my mildly oily skin, even when I was active all day. This is definitely HG material for me, I am in love!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No