October 24, 2014 | 1831 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, really wanted to like this as the colors in the palette are very pretty, but the fall out is insane!! I actually got to work one morning and looked in mirror, and I had eyeshadow all over my under eye area, as if I had a black eye! I had to basically scrub off that entire area (foundation and all) to take it all off. Also, the colors did not blend as nicely as I would have liked. This just didn't do it for me, I much prefer my UD Naked and MAC palettes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Pro Palette is not very good, too much fall out and does not blend well, lookes muddy.
not happy at all with with, I feel I wasted my money....I will be sticking with MAC shadows
IMO the best you can buy....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I debated for a while if I should buy this palette... It's a little out of my budget (with my entry level job income!) and it's no longer available in Canadian Sephora stores so I couldn't swap it on my skin. Based on lots of research, I was totally convinced. I've had it for a month now and I can definitely confirm this:
- quality of the shadows is magnificent. I finally understand what "smooth like butter" really means!!!
- equal # of matte and shimmer, in one palette. It's extremely convenient.
- I LOVE "Espresso" (the dark matte brown)
- Champagne makes a beautiful lower lash eyeliner
- very blendable
- LOVE that it's a thin palette!

I'm giving it 4 stars unfortunately because I didn't love this palette as much as I thought I would. I was really looking forward to Garnet and Deep Purple but they are very different on the eyelids than in the box. Deep Purple is actually more grayish brown than purple.

The colors are beautiful, but they create "lighter" (less glam) looks than UD Naked. This palette has not been my nighttime choice, the colors are very soft.

Still, I have used more variety of colors in this palette than Naked (I have the first Naked where I have my go-to 4 colors). Lorac Pro Palette is my daytime choice, but it's not my go-to palette. I DON'T regret the purchase, that's for sure. I do like it a lot.

And I LOVE Espresso. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I think I will actually hit bottom with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by CyndiBabulik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This palette is amazing. It is very practical because not only does it have a nice selection of shades, it also has a nice selection of matte & shimmer shades. What more could you ask for? It has all the variety you could ever need. Also, all of the colors have rich pigmentation. This makes it an indispensable item for your make up collection.

The other nice feature is that you can travel with it easily because it is sleek and light-weight.

If I ever hit pan on it...I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I am absolutely in LOVE with this palette. I was hesitant in getting it at first because I have many neutral palettes from both the UD NAKED palettes to CS neutral palette to theBalm nudetude. But the selection of mate shades is what sold me because that's something my other palettes lacked. I only like wearing shimmer on my lids and only wear highlighter under my brow bone when I go out. A typical everyday eye look for me is a shimmery lid and a matte brown in the crease/outer corner. The texture is so creamy and it blends beautifully. This is hands down my favorite palette and I reach for it more than my other palettes. I think it's a staple for every makeup lovers collection. The only negative is the packaging can get a little dirty but that's not too bothersome to me. The eyeshadows are an A+ and the primer works wonders too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I literally have nothing negative to say about this palette. It is a staple in my makeup collection, and I can't believe I survived as long as I did without it. The shadows are literally like butter. So smooth and sooo pigmented. I love the fact that you get 8 matte shades and 8 shades with some sort of sheen. I'm a huge fan of matte shadows, and I love when you get to see more of them in palettes. This palette is unique in it's own way, and $42 for 16 high quality shadows is a steal! The Naked palettes cost $50 and you get 12 shades. So they are $8 more, and you get four less shades. LORAC is awesome! I also picked up their "Mint Edition" palette (the Ulta version) and it is amazing as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by aurora0917

Love love love! This is my new go-to palette. I own a TON of eyeshadow palettes, and the Lorac Pro palette is a rare gem. The colors are so buttery smooth, rich, and pigmented. Just the tiniest dab of product goes a long way, and the colors blend effortlessly. I must confess that I am an eyeshadow hoarder, but I can easily see myself hitting the pan on a few of these shades (which has yet to happen!). I know upon first glance it may appear to be just another "neutral palette". But this is far more than that. The range and depth of colors is unrivaled. The darker colors are rich, intense, and a dream to work with. Unlike the Naked palettes, these shades sit better with my skin tone (warm/medium) and look classier. It is more balanced in that there are 8 mattes and 8 shimmers, and the nice thing about the shimmers in this palette is that they are softer, and give of a wet, "dewy" look (as many shimmer shades can tend to look more metallic). Additionally, this palette is extremely versatile: from day looks to night looks, from professional to edgy/glam. The only downside is that the palette casing itself gets dirty easily and although there's 16 shades, the amount of product per pan isn't a whole lot. But overall, I love this palette, and Lorac has once again proved not to disappoint!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Alix554

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette. I love the mix of mattes and shimmers, and the range of colours means endless looks. The quality of these shadows is amazing, the pigment is great. I have heard people complain that they pick up too much product but I haven't had this issue maybe because I have a light hand. I love the slim packaging. If I had to be stuck on an island with just one palette I would pick this one every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

Yes this was hyped on YouTube. Yes I bought it. Don't judge me!
I actually enjoy this palette simply because I don't go out of my comfort range very often when I do my makeup in the morning, but it has a few colors that stand out. The deep eggplant and rust color are very pretty and unexpected.

Some people are complaining about powdery. Yes, it is powdery. It is also pigmented. But this does not equate to fall out. Use a light touch, pat and don't fluff, and you should be fine. A great mix of mattes and shimmers, but why should that matter when I bought the too faced matte palette along with this....sigh. Issues.

I think this is a great option for weirdos who like putting on eyeshadow in a public bathroom in the middle of the day (portable, lightweight, big choice of colors) or those who can only pack one palette to travel with. I don't like how the cover attracts dust and fingerprints but its no big deal.

For the price, you should get the naked 1 palette. But then, you don't get those few select colors that make this one unique. I wouldn't repurchase, but its as good of a palette as naked one and I dare say much more pigmented and stands out on the eye more.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DiamondTiaras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate being THAT GIRL, that one reviewer that has to blow a highly rated and raved about product out of the water with a low ranking. I already understand that I'm in the tiny minority of people who dislike this palette, but I'm hoping that anyone with similarly sensitive eyes/skin like me might find this useful. So ladies who find themselves allergic to all the things, this is for you!

I fell in love with the LORAC PRO Palette the second I swatched it at Sephora. The shadows felt buttery and gorgeous, and the pigmentation was super high. I'd already been using their Behind the Scenes Eye Primer for 6 months, and I was very curious to try more products from this brand. Every Sephora and Ulta near me was OOS when it came to this palette, which only made me that much more desperate to get my hands on it! I placed a rush order for 2 of these babies - one for me, and one for my mom, who had told me she was in need of some matte eyeshadows and a few purple-y shades. The PRO palette had both of those and more.

The first day I tried this, I was amazed by just how high the pigmentation was! I barely needed to dab at each shadow to get a ton of product. What LORAC did well here is noteworthy:

-- Listening to consumers about wanting a palette that offers true versatility. PRO is full of mattes and shimmers, highlighters and crease shades, neutrals and jewel tones, and of course most any color could be used either as a "one and done" wash or applied wet as a liner. I appreciate that LORAC offers something that could truly be an everyday/perfect travel palette, especially for cool-toned and fair girls. (The Naked palettes have always been too muddy, too shimmery, and too lacking in variety for my coloring and tastes.)

-- They offered a decent amount of product per pan, and the mini tube of BtS was just right for the price point. (For reference, my full-sized tube is slightly less than half full after half a year's use!)

-- The formula is long-lasting, easily blended, and the colors are true to pan.

However, the "soothing botanicals" (as noted by Sephora, a detail I saw after the fact) triggered an AWFUL reaction for me. I'm VERY allergic to plant-based ingredients. The online store I ordered from (Blush.com) did not mention this detail, but I feel stupid for not doing better research! In my own defense, I've never come across powder shadows that contain botanicals before, and in fact, powder eyeshadows are the one product that I've never had an issue with... until now. :(

The first day I used these, I wore them for about three hours before looking in the mirror and realizing that both my eyes looked bloodshot. They were itchy and my contacts felt foggy. I removed my lenses, stripped my entire face of makeup, and within an hour the redness subsided. The following day, the inner corner of my left eye turned a scary shade of bright red within about 20 minutes of applying the shadows in a smoky, smudgy eye look. Again, I removed everything and added some eye drops, and the problem cleared within another hour. I realized I was probably reacting to the powders, but because I'd started to fall in love with this palette, I stubbornly gave it one more try, doing a no-makeup makeup look with them the next day. BOOM. Same issue once again.

Worst of all, I had to double wash all the brushes I used with this palette. I realized that the spot cleaning I do wasn't enough to get all the powdery residue out of some of the hairs, meaning I wound up irritating my eyes again after I put the palette aside. However, once everything was properly cleaned and the palette had been taken far away from my stash, I never had another breakout. I know these eyeshadows were responsible, because again, I've used the BtS primer before, and I wasn't using any other new products at the time.

I was genuinely heartbroken about having to return the PRO palette after three days of receiving it. Nearly all of the colors worked for my NW15 skin and green eyes. I especially adored Mauve (matte cool rose-purple), Espresso (matte cool deep brown), Champagne (sparkly, gorgeous nude highlighter), Garnet (shimmery red-based gold with a slight duochrome quality), and Deep Purple (shimmery blue-based royal purple). I'm trying to find dupes for all of these shades right now.

This product received 2 stars because if I hadn't had an allergic reaction, my score would have easily been a 5. I still think the price is right for the product you receive, the versatility is wonderful, and the eye primer is a true winner. Also, my mother is crazy for her own PRO palette - she hasn't had a single issue and she gets compliments on it constantly. But for anyone who has sensitivity issues, particularly when it comes to plant-based ingredients, proceed with caution!

27 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No