September 2, 2014 | 890 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cmscheidt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is beautiful! It has been my go-to palette everyday. I got this one, the Naked Basic and Two Faced Return of Sexy the same day and this one has by far been used more than the other two. The blend ability of it is amazing. The colors go on beautifully and are perfect for an everyday look. There are colors in it that would make a great night time look too. It was my first LORAC palette but I'm anxious to get more, if they are all this awesome! If you are debating whether or not to buy it...DO!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The LORAC PRO Palette is a versatile mostly neutral palette. It contains 16 shades, 8 of which are matte (top row), and 8 of which are shimmery (bottom row). It also comes with a travel-sized Behind the Scenes Primer.
The shades are as following, from left to right, top to bottom:
White: Matte white
Cream: Matte ivory with pink undertones
Taupe: Matte neutral medium brown
Lt. Pink: Matte light pink
Mauve: Matte medium taupe with pink undertones
Sable: Matte warm chocolate brown
Espresso: Matte dark chocolate brown
Black: Matte black
Nude: Shimmery light champagne
Champagne: Shimmery light champagne with pinker undertones than Nude
Gold: Shimmery gold
Lt. Bronze: Shimmery medium graham cracker brown
Pewter: Shimmery warm taupe
Garnet: Shimmery warm brown with red undertones
Deep Purple: Shimmery blackened eggplant
Slate: Shimmery dark gray with blue undertones
With good pigmentation and no fall-out or creasing, the quality and formula of these eyeshadows are excellent, but the shades are underwhelming and nothing spectacular. I understand that neutrals will be neutrals, but neutral doesn't always equal boring. I think LORAC could've done much better with the shade selection.
But because this is my opinion and it doesn't effect the quality of the palette itself, I'm not going to lower the rating for this particular aspect.
The Behind the Scenes Primer is good. It definintely does the job--and it does it well, at that--but I still prefer my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
PRO is housed in a typical palette with a mirror. It's very travel-friendly and not fragile at all.
Retailing at $42, it's a good deal. Unfortunately, because I'm so unimpressed with the shades, I'm not going to be touching this palette very often (I might swap it away), but I recommend it if you think you'll use at least most of these shades frequently as the price is very reasonable.
Would I repurchase? No.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I thought this would have more reviews, but people are still stuck on those Naked palettes I suppose. I have a few of those and end up never using them, and the new matte palette has too many light shades with no mid tones. On to the Lorac Pro review...I waited several months to buy it to see if it was a flash in the pan or a solid purchase. This is not a neutral palette, but all of the shades are flattering and wearable. More than a few of these shades are unique, such as the Mauve, Garnet, Pewter, and Dark Purple. The mattes are soft focus and not as dry as some brands, but it won't go on too pigmented. Mattes tend to stay where you put them but these blend nicely. The shimmer row is refined shimmer or "grown up" shimmer with no glitter. Very high end brands tend to choose this formula and I love that Lorac was thinking ahead. You won't get tacky looks from this palette. It's a good staple product that doesn't have bulky packaging. Experiment with primers, though. Some people don't like the Lorac primer and I prefer UDPP or NARS.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely LOVE this palette. It has taken over the #1 spot in my heart over Naked 1 BECAUSE THERE IS DIVERSITY. 1/2 matte, 1/2 shimmer. Lorac shadows are generally good (not as good as UD), there is fallout but nothing crazy. The shadows in this palette are very pigmented and finely-milled (creamy as some may say) and the colors are all you could want. As I get older I feel like an eye look that includes both shimmery and matte shades are most flattering so although I still love my Naked 1, this is now the palette I grab for most.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this palette! I've had it for quite some time now and am not really sure why I'm not writing this review until now. Like others have said, there is some fallout, but nothing I can't work or deal with. For the blendibility, formula, and pigmentation, I'd choose this over anything else any day. The colors are great for virtually any look, day or night, dramatic or natural, and they stay on well throughout the day. I can't speak to how they compare to the naked palettes because I don't have them (because they are literally all shimmer) but I would recommend this to anyone and everyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love every single thing about this palette. I mean, the packaging, the feel, the look - there's just nothing like it. The packaging is very sleek, thin, and travel friendly. There is a decent sized mirror on the lid, similar to the ones offered on the Urban Decay Naked palettes. The thing that drew me into this palette was the fact that you get a nice mix of matte and shimmery shades - something that the Naked palettes don't offer. As far as texture goes they feel very velvety, soft, and smooth however they are more on the powdery side so I'd recommend tapping off the excess product on the brush. The blendabillity and pigmentation is great with all of the shadows in the palette. The primer that comes with the palette is quite good and it does seem to help with the staying power of the eyeshadows. Overall I have to say I prefer this palette over any other neutral palettes I own (Naked, Naked 2, The Balm Nude Tude, Etc.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Juhtima

This is replacing my UD Naked 2 Palette. I love that I have a series of matte and shimmery shades. Extremely versatile for anytime and situation, especially if you work in an office. The sleek packaging makes it portable so I plan on taking this with me on trips, but I must make note to be careful as it isn't too sturdy. The shadows are a little on the powdery side but it does not take away from their pigmentation, longevity, or application. I feel that these shadows last so much longer on me than I'd ever hope to expect. I tested them with and without and it wins both ways. Keep in mind, my eyelids are really oily and UD's crease on me without a primer. I paid about $42.00 for this and I am not regretting it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the palette, these colors are beautiful. They provide colors for daytime neutral looks, smoky eye looks, and dramatic evening looks.
One row of the palette is full of matte shades; the other is full of shimmers, making this palette age appropriate for most skin tones and ages. It is a palette I can use on clients, friends, and family members.

Color Payoff: Most of the colors have incredible color payoff; there is only one that appears to swatch a little on the weak side. All but one appear true to palette on my NC 40/42 skin tone.

Color Fallout: One does need to tap the brush as there is quite a bit of color fallout. Overall, the shadows do appear a bit fragile and a bit dusty. Mine has not broken or cracked anywhere as I treat it gingerly, but I treat it gingerly because the shadows do appear a bit fragile.

Staying Power: I always use these shadows with a base and have been known to wear these shadows for as many as 10 hours. Typically, these shadows go the distance for 8 hours on me and then begin to fade.

Color Comments: As an NC 40/42, some of these shadows are too dark for me. Certain purples and browns are difficult for my skin shades as I have both gray and yellow undertones (not olive). I have to make sure that I use a light hand with the darker shades as a little goes a long way.

Blendability: These shadows are blendable but the darker colors grab and dominate heavily. Again, best to use a light hand.

Texture/Appearance: Most of these shadows are highly pigmented and apply softly. Only one shade appears a little chalky on me. On most other members of my family, all of the shadows are fine so it might be a peculiarity of my skin texture and color. Some of the darker shadows do require a bit of blending. Definitely use an eyeshadow base or primer if you have any signs of aging around the eyes as the shades will settle into lines without one. In addiiton, the colors are more blendable on a smooth surface.

It is difficult to find shadows that look well on my skin type and eye shape. I cannot layer colors well or do a full smoky eye with my skin color, texture and specific facial features. Yet, I've been able to find at least one extremely wearable look on me using all but two of these colors. For me, that is beyond victory when it comes to an eyeshadow palette.

I would definitely buy it again. The only hesitation I have is the fallout and powderiness of the palette. I keep it at home or among friends/family I can drive to. I would not pack it in a suitcase or take it in my purse for fear of dustiness or breakage.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A bit powdery but you can tap off the excess product and it is so velvety smooth and blends very well!!!! I have ud naked palette 1 & 2 and this palette is definitely my go to at the moment! So amazing. I love that there are matte and shimmer!!!! I spent $42 on it and still cheaper than ud naked 1 & 2 and you get more shadows :) I love to put a shimmery shadow on my lid then blend out with matte colors. Would recommend to anyone :) Great for a simple eye or dramatic. Very versatile

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really enjoy this palette, great range of neutral colors, especially the fact that is has half matte shadows. Very versatile. Just be careful to tap off excess product off brush otherwise you will have fall out.