September 20, 2014 | 1843 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Alix554

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette. I love the mix of mattes and shimmers, and the range of colours means endless looks. The quality of these shadows is amazing, the pigment is great. I have heard people complain that they pick up too much product but I haven't had this issue maybe because I have a light hand. I love the slim packaging. If I had to be stuck on an island with just one palette I would pick this one every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

Yes this was hyped on YouTube. Yes I bought it. Don't judge me!
I actually enjoy this palette simply because I don't go out of my comfort range very often when I do my makeup in the morning, but it has a few colors that stand out. The deep eggplant and rust color are very pretty and unexpected.

Some people are complaining about powdery. Yes, it is powdery. It is also pigmented. But this does not equate to fall out. Use a light touch, pat and don't fluff, and you should be fine. A great mix of mattes and shimmers, but why should that matter when I bought the too faced matte palette along with this....sigh. Issues.

I think this is a great option for weirdos who like putting on eyeshadow in a public bathroom in the middle of the day (portable, lightweight, big choice of colors) or those who can only pack one palette to travel with. I don't like how the cover attracts dust and fingerprints but its no big deal.

For the price, you should get the naked 1 palette. But then, you don't get those few select colors that make this one unique. I wouldn't repurchase, but its as good of a palette as naked one and I dare say much more pigmented and stands out on the eye more.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DiamondTiaras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate being THAT GIRL, that one reviewer that has to blow a highly rated and raved about product out of the water with a low ranking. I already understand that I'm in the tiny minority of people who dislike this palette, but I'm hoping that anyone with similarly sensitive eyes/skin like me might find this useful. So ladies who find themselves allergic to all the things, this is for you!

I fell in love with the LORAC PRO Palette the second I swatched it at Sephora. The shadows felt buttery and gorgeous, and the pigmentation was super high. I'd already been using their Behind the Scenes Eye Primer for 6 months, and I was very curious to try more products from this brand. Every Sephora and Ulta near me was OOS when it came to this palette, which only made me that much more desperate to get my hands on it! I placed a rush order for 2 of these babies - one for me, and one for my mom, who had told me she was in need of some matte eyeshadows and a few purple-y shades. The PRO palette had both of those and more.

The first day I tried this, I was amazed by just how high the pigmentation was! I barely needed to dab at each shadow to get a ton of product. What LORAC did well here is noteworthy:

-- Listening to consumers about wanting a palette that offers true versatility. PRO is full of mattes and shimmers, highlighters and crease shades, neutrals and jewel tones, and of course most any color could be used either as a "one and done" wash or applied wet as a liner. I appreciate that LORAC offers something that could truly be an everyday/perfect travel palette, especially for cool-toned and fair girls. (The Naked palettes have always been too muddy, too shimmery, and too lacking in variety for my coloring and tastes.)

-- They offered a decent amount of product per pan, and the mini tube of BtS was just right for the price point. (For reference, my full-sized tube is slightly less than half full after half a year's use!)

-- The formula is long-lasting, easily blended, and the colors are true to pan.

However, the "soothing botanicals" (as noted by Sephora, a detail I saw after the fact) triggered an AWFUL reaction for me. I'm VERY allergic to plant-based ingredients. The online store I ordered from (Blush.com) did not mention this detail, but I feel stupid for not doing better research! In my own defense, I've never come across powder shadows that contain botanicals before, and in fact, powder eyeshadows are the one product that I've never had an issue with... until now. :(

The first day I used these, I wore them for about three hours before looking in the mirror and realizing that both my eyes looked bloodshot. They were itchy and my contacts felt foggy. I removed my lenses, stripped my entire face of makeup, and within an hour the redness subsided. The following day, the inner corner of my left eye turned a scary shade of bright red within about 20 minutes of applying the shadows in a smoky, smudgy eye look. Again, I removed everything and added some eye drops, and the problem cleared within another hour. I realized I was probably reacting to the powders, but because I'd started to fall in love with this palette, I stubbornly gave it one more try, doing a no-makeup makeup look with them the next day. BOOM. Same issue once again.

Worst of all, I had to double wash all the brushes I used with this palette. I realized that the spot cleaning I do wasn't enough to get all the powdery residue out of some of the hairs, meaning I wound up irritating my eyes again after I put the palette aside. However, once everything was properly cleaned and the palette had been taken far away from my stash, I never had another breakout. I know these eyeshadows were responsible, because again, I've used the BtS primer before, and I wasn't using any other new products at the time.

I was genuinely heartbroken about having to return the PRO palette after three days of receiving it. Nearly all of the colors worked for my NW15 skin and green eyes. I especially adored Mauve (matte cool rose-purple), Espresso (matte cool deep brown), Champagne (sparkly, gorgeous nude highlighter), Garnet (shimmery red-based gold with a slight duochrome quality), and Deep Purple (shimmery blue-based royal purple). I'm trying to find dupes for all of these shades right now.

This product received 2 stars because if I hadn't had an allergic reaction, my score would have easily been a 5. I still think the price is right for the product you receive, the versatility is wonderful, and the eye primer is a true winner. Also, my mother is crazy for her own PRO palette - she hasn't had a single issue and she gets compliments on it constantly. But for anyone who has sensitivity issues, particularly when it comes to plant-based ingredients, proceed with caution!

27 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great palette. I would prefer to have gotten the unzipped palette though. My favorite eyeshadow from this palette is hands down deep purple. The texture of these shadows are unlike any other eyeshadows ive used. They are almost like cream shadows but not exactly. They are very buttery. This palette always can add a pop of color to any look :) I just wish it had a blue color in there, oh welll.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by dancinggirl700

Love the matte shadows and I think it is a great color selection while still being neutral! My mirror did break while traveling though so I have to mark packaging down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome palette. ++ :matte shades, creamy smooth formula, all wearable shades, day and evening looks, easy to blend, more useful than Naked palettes. - - : some fallout.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cmscheidt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is beautiful! It has been my go-to palette everyday. I got this one, the Naked Basic and Two Faced Return of Sexy the same day and this one has by far been used more than the other two. The blend ability of it is amazing. The colors go on beautifully and are perfect for an everyday look. There are colors in it that would make a great night time look too. It was my first LORAC palette but I'm anxious to get more, if they are all this awesome! If you are debating whether or not to buy it...DO!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The LORAC PRO Palette is a versatile mostly neutral palette. It contains 16 shades, 8 of which are matte (top row), and 8 of which are shimmery (bottom row). It also comes with a travel-sized Behind the Scenes Primer.
The shades are as following, from left to right, top to bottom:
White: Matte white
Cream: Matte ivory with pink undertones
Taupe: Matte neutral medium brown
Lt. Pink: Matte light pink
Mauve: Matte medium taupe with pink undertones
Sable: Matte warm chocolate brown
Espresso: Matte dark chocolate brown
Black: Matte black
Nude: Shimmery light champagne
Champagne: Shimmery light champagne with pinker undertones than Nude
Gold: Shimmery gold
Lt. Bronze: Shimmery medium graham cracker brown
Pewter: Shimmery warm taupe
Garnet: Shimmery warm brown with red undertones
Deep Purple: Shimmery blackened eggplant
Slate: Shimmery dark gray with blue undertones
With good pigmentation and no fall-out or creasing, the quality and formula of these eyeshadows are excellent, but the shades are underwhelming and nothing spectacular. I understand that neutrals will be neutrals, but neutral doesn't always equal boring. I think LORAC could've done much better with the shade selection.
But because this is my opinion and it doesn't effect the quality of the palette itself, I'm not going to lower the rating for this particular aspect.
The Behind the Scenes Primer is good. It definintely does the job--and it does it well, at that--but I still prefer my Urban Decay Primer Potion.
PRO is housed in a typical palette with a mirror. It's very travel-friendly and not fragile at all.
Retailing at $42, it's a good deal. Unfortunately, because I'm so unimpressed with the shades, I'm not going to be touching this palette very often (I might swap it away), but I recommend it if you think you'll use at least most of these shades frequently as the price is very reasonable.
Would I repurchase? No.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I thought this would have more reviews, but people are still stuck on those Naked palettes I suppose. I have a few of those and end up never using them, and the new matte palette has too many light shades with no mid tones. On to the Lorac Pro review...I waited several months to buy it to see if it was a flash in the pan or a solid purchase. This is not a neutral palette, but all of the shades are flattering and wearable. More than a few of these shades are unique, such as the Mauve, Garnet, Pewter, and Dark Purple. The mattes are soft focus and not as dry as some brands, but it won't go on too pigmented. Mattes tend to stay where you put them but these blend nicely. The shimmer row is refined shimmer or "grown up" shimmer with no glitter. Very high end brands tend to choose this formula and I love that Lorac was thinking ahead. You won't get tacky looks from this palette. It's a good staple product that doesn't have bulky packaging. Experiment with primers, though. Some people don't like the Lorac primer and I prefer UDPP or NARS.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely LOVE this palette. It has taken over the #1 spot in my heart over Naked 1 BECAUSE THERE IS DIVERSITY. 1/2 matte, 1/2 shimmer. Lorac shadows are generally good (not as good as UD), there is fallout but nothing crazy. The shadows in this palette are very pigmented and finely-milled (creamy as some may say) and the colors are all you could want. As I get older I feel like an eye look that includes both shimmery and matte shades are most flattering so although I still love my Naked 1, this is now the palette I grab for most.