July 29, 2014 | 1591 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I don't own any of the urban decay palettes so I can't compare, but this one is really nice. The colors are beautiful, they go on really smoothly and last a long time if you use the lorac primer underneath. The only thing that annoys me is the messiness of it. The eyeshadows go everywhere as soon as you touch them, and it doesn't help that the palette itself is black. Overall i really like the shadows and have been using them everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, and I've been playing with it ever since. I love the combinations you can get with this! The shades are half shimmer, half matte, no chunky glitter to be found. It comes with the prettiest highlight shades to some super sexy dark colors to really rev up a look. The only downside, and it's one a lot of other reviewers have mentioned: there's a ton of fallout with these shadows. Be sure to tap the excess off your brush before you apply, or you'll end up with raccoon eyes. Overall, though, the quality is top-notch. You can throw this in your bag for a weeklong trip and be good to go for anything. I like that the packaging is super slim, but I wish it was plastic or metal instead of cardboard. I've gotten a lot of use out of this already, and I'll repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by imnoreen

I love the colors in the palette! And I absolutely adore the fact that there are an equal amount of matte colors to the shimmery colors! Very pigmented and easy to blend. I do use my Naked palette, but unlike that palette, I would actually use majority of the colors on the Lorac Pro Palette. The only thing I don't really like is the suede material from the packaging, but it doesn't bother me so much.. it's not like its the end of the world or anything. And I don't like how much fallout the eyeshadows have

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because it takes me forever to go through palettes, plus when I finish this one I'll want to try something new!
I got this for Christmas this year from my sister and it's probably my favorite thing I received. I think the consistency is great and not too powdery like some have said. It's quite pigmented! They have mostly neutral colors which I like, but the pink and purple in the palette are extremely wearable. My favorite shade in this is definitely Garnet. It's absolutely lovely on blue eyes.
If you're new to high end makeup I definitely recommend this palette. I also have the Naked and Naked 2 palettes, which some people compare to this palette. Perhaps due to the fact that the majority of the shadows are neutral. Now, if you have either one of these palettes or both you can definitely still justify buying the Lorac PRO palette because half of the eyeshadows are matte, which is definitely lacking in the Naked palettes.
One major con for me is the packaging. Like, really? Someone's going to pay $49 for eyeshadow that's packaged in some cheap feeling/looking cardboard material? I think that's kind of ridiculous. Other than that I love this. I just wish the packaging was better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This palette is just AMAZING. I think if you're just starting to get into makeup and you want an essentials palette, this is a better pick than the Naked 1 or 2 palettes. The Lorac palette has a row of mattes and a row of shimmery colors and they are all gorgeous and apply so smoothly without any creasing on the eyes. They include a range of colors - dark for crease, highlighting colors, lid colors, and even a gray and mauve color. The primer that came with it was nothing special - I don't particularly like or dislike it and I use it occasionally.

An amazing palette worth the money!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

Overall, this is a really nice palette. I bought it off a friend that barely used it at all. I LOVE the shimmer shades the most but that being said there is a nice selection of mattes. I find some of the matte shades to be a little on the chalky side but ALL the colors blend BEAUTIFULLY. The black could be a lil more black...it is like a dark grey on my lids. Also the slate grey color comes off with more of a blueish tinge that is pretty but doesnt match the black or the browns as much as I would like. On its own though it is super pretty. The intensity of the shadows is spectacular. The primer that comes with it is decent. It isn't my favorite but is still effective :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by susan1326

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for a HG palette and your lids are closer to mature than young, well this is for you. I wasted $50 buying the UD Naked 2 palette only to find almost all the shadows were tooooo shimmery for my 49-year-old lids. Enter Lorac Pro Palette-half matte, half shimmer. And the shimmer is more of a satin look when applied than a metallic mess like UD was for me. There is a little fallout on some of the shimmer shades, just tap the excess off the brush before applying. These colors are all very wearable and blend like a dream. I use this palette literally every day.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! I'm surprise there isn't more reviews on this palette! I absolutely love this palette. When I saw that half the shades are matte and the other half are shimmer I knew I had to get it. I love that the palette is very thin and compact. The whole rubber feeling of the case isn't too much of an "awe" factor for me because it can get dirty easily. However, I love the eye shadows consistency...easily blendable and pigmented. It also comes with a sample size eye shadow primer. You definitely won't be disappointed if you invest in this. I reach for this palette practically everyday ever since I got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lucylaw88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just picked this palette up this last week and love it! The colors are gorgeous and can be used in a multitude of looks. The mattes are pretty and the shimmer is not too much. There is some fall out but nothing too drastic. The shadows are very buttery in texture and easy to apply and blend. For me the formula used in these shadows seem to near on the side of "a little goes a long way". I foresee me reaching for this palette often.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not know what to say except this may be the most perfect palette I have come across in a long time.16 varied soft long lasting shades evenly divided between matte and shimmer. They are very blend-able and the shimmers are soft and wearable. I'm having fun just mixing shades. Shimmer m/u fans may not be impressed but these are great for daytime. I passed on the ever popular UD Naked because of too much shine and was not sure if my now officially middle age lids could take all that. Truth be told, I couldnt pull it off when I was 20. This palette is workable. I KNOW I would reach for this weekly if not daily. I hope LORAC keeps this as a permanent staple because I would gladly purchase a backup for future use. The packaging is a thin rubberized case, not that great for travel (So be careful not to drop). I paid around 42 dollars at Sephora. Pretty good deal for higher quality eye shadow.