August 1, 2014 | 1773 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jamie1172008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I decided that since it is summertime to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I've used L'Oreal products in the past and was impressed. I chose to buy this particular BB cream .

I'm going to start with what I liked about it:
1) Unlike other BB creams, this one has color-matching technology which means it comes out white but once applied to the face, it perfectly matches your skin tone and undertones. It sure beats buying those that are supposed to be within your skin range and they end up looking unflattering. FYI, I bought the Deep shade.
2) I have oily skin and I heard that after a few hours, it would turn oily skin into a grease ball. I'm happy to say that it didn't happen to me because it controlled my oil. I did take a few precautions by setting it with translucent powder and setting spray. (Better safe than sorry, right?)
and lastly, 3) I also have acne-prone skin and it didn't break me out at all! In fact, none of L'Oreal's face products have ever made me break out.

Now onto what I didn't like:
1) As I mentioned previously, I have oily skin. As I was applying this product to my face, I noticed that it contained sparkles. The biggest struggle people with oily skin have is shine/oil control. So applying a product with sparkles seems counterproductive to me. It would work with someone with dry skin because it would give their face a nice, dewy glow.
2) This product had no coverage whatsoever. None, nada, zero, nothing!!!!!!!!! I know that BB creams in general don't have as much as say foundation, but I was hoping it would deliver just a little for me. Alas, it didn't do it for me. My acne scars still showed through and I had to use concealer on top of it. I was hoping it would at least make them look not as noticeable but you could see them anyway. I think if you don't have as many blemishes as I do, go for it.

In closing, I felt like this product was pointless to use because I still had to use another product to get my skin to look as flawless as possinle So if you have dry skin and/or nearly flawless skin, I say go for it. However, if you have oily skin and don't like sparkles or you have a lot of blemishes to cover, stay as far away from this product as possible!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this bb cream for a while and I really liked it. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth and provides decent coverage. The problem I had was that after a while it started turning me orange sometimes. I thought maybe mine had just gotten old, but when I bought a new tube I had the same problem. Unfortunately this inconsistent pigment meant that I had to shelf this product and find a new one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkblush88

I don't like this at all...it has zero coverage and I think it's all in everyone's head.. they just want to believe this stuff works...it's basically lotion with a dab of foundation mixed in...what a waste of 12$ this is not for people looking for a flawless dull coverage look!!beware...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Okay, first things first- holy crap, am I late on this BB Cream train? Haha. This is the first BB cream that I've ever owned- I bought it with a discount several months back, and didn't really get a chance to use it until now. My first impression of the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream was "surprised"; I didn't do my research very well, because I had no idea that this stuff would first come out as white goo and then turns into its intended color, once you start blending it in. Personally, I think that it is a pretty cool technology, but does nothing to benefit the product's performance.
Applying this product was easy; it went on smoothly without problems, and was thin enough to be blended with my fingers only- without leaving streaks. Yet, it also gave me good coverage over my dark marks. In the summer, my skin clears up well, so I can use this BB cream without any concealer or powder on top! The finish here is very dewy, and slightly sparkly- I find it great for a healthy-looking, summer complexion, but if you are looking for something that is matte, then stay away from this product. With primer, the staying power is good, but it is not perfect, and it's not hard to accidentally take some off when you involuntarily touch your face.
As for its "5 Beautifying Actions in 1", I am 50/50 about agree or disagree with their claims. "Primes": Hell no. This stuff can barely hold its own without primer underneath- no way it can act as a primer for other products. "Corrects": Yeah, it does a good job of evening out my skintone. Then again, so does every other foundation. "Hydrates": Honestly, it made my face feel a little bit dry, so no. "Perfects": Depends on your personal definition, but if you have clear skin or very minor imperfections, then it will do that. "Flawless bare skin finish": Yes, it creates a healthy, glowing complexion. Very brightening, if you will.
My biggest problem with this BB cream was the shade choices. I bought the one in "Light"- I am fair-skinned and tan a lot in the summer, but this was so dark that the only time I will be able to use it is in the dead of summer, when I have tanned to the max. However, it did match my skin and undertones nicely, so I can't complain. I don't know if there was a "Fair" shade, I don't really remember, but if there is, that is the one I will buy next time.
The price is good- $10-&$11, I'm sure, and there is an average amount of product in the tube. I am assuming that it will last me a good couple of months.
Overall, I do recommend this BB cream. I haven't tried others, so I can't compare, but I got a pretty good impression from this one. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by hskulak

Love Love this Cream! It makes my skin all even and clear. Its nice and lite. I will keep buying this cream and get the CC cream as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuck. What is there to like about this stuff? Tiny tube, scratchy exfoliating beads, whitish cast, then organgey ompa-loompah look? Nope. Nope, nope. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by betajuliet

I was scared because it's white at first, but it blended perfectly. Felt like I wasn't wearing anything. Like me, only better (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jenny2802

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product but I feel It sits in my pores and shows. Its matte finish unlike the other loreal bb cream that i find rather greasy. The light shade is a lot lighter than the other bb cream too

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I was REALLY surprised at how much I liked this. This is my first BB cream to try and it's great! I have some skin discoloration and really didn't think it would cover anything. It comes out kinda white but blends in and like "magic" the color blends and covers. I have not used it long enough to know if it will break me out so going with four lippies so far. The only thing missing is an SPF and it would truly be an all in one product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got it in the lightest shade and it made my skin look kinda tan, in a good way. Just adding some on my neck makes it look natural. It blends so easily, has good coverage, and evens out my skin tone, helping with redness. I didn't use it until I got my hair colored - it's a carmelly, bronzey strawberry blonde and I hate it but can't change it for a few weeks, so this is REALLY helping my face go with the color for now haha. It's too bad this doesn't have SPF. Other than that, (and the tanning effect may be good/bad for different people), I would recommend this for a simple, easy, fast "foundation". Just watch out if you have really pale skin.