Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

on 10/19/2013 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love hate relationship with this BB cream, the bb cream comes in a tube form with a screw on lid; it has a running formula but gives a medium coverage and theres a subtle smell compared to the original which had a strong smell and thick consistency that made me shiny after 3/4 hours. I have combination skin thats more to the oily side round the t zone with dry patches across my face. With this you have to have perfect prepped face thats moisturised and clean if not it tends to go patchy and fade quickly that leaves you with shine i find that if i do it properly it lasts 6 to 7 hours before the need of quick touch ups. To apply this i recommend applying with a brush i used real techniques experts face brush to blend in circler motions and before that prepping it by washing with mild cleanser and toner use simple light moisturiser to hydrate leave for at least 5 minutes so the makeup doesn't fade later on the day faster than apply a primer, i use aloe vera gel as it has a LOT less chemicals in it and helps your skin yet leaving it soft only need small amount and make sure to wait for it to dry. To set use powder buff and rimmel stay matte. I would recommend this for people with pale to medium skin tone and no lighter, not suitable for very pale or fair skin or dry skin. I will be repurchasing again.

on 10/13/2013 6:06:00 PM

Leaves me very oily after a few hours, sets into wrinkles, pigment is attracted to dry spots. I have combo skin but it leaves me looking like a mess, especially next to my asian friends that have perfect skin.

on 10/12/2013 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Overall - Love it! I've used almost a whole bottle. My skin is oily and this works for me. Didn't break me out and I'm extremely acne prone.

Coverage - Definitely light-medium, but leaning towards medium. It has more coverage than most BB creams I've tried, but it's definitely not cakey or anything. I only use concealer if I have a really red, inflamed pimple. And, of course, I use under-eye concealer, but I use that even with full coverage makeup.

Color - I'm a NC 15-20, and the shade light/medium matches me really well. I think it actually runs slightly more on the yellow side, which is nice, since most makeup pulls pink in the drugstore. But it's neutral enough that it should work for most people.

Lasting Power - I'll admit, on it's own, this doesn't last the longest time (I'm EXTREMELY oily.) It doesn't run off your face, but shine breaks through pretty quickly. However, I started using Milk of Magnesia as a primer, and now it lasts AGES, doesn't wear off at all, and I only have to touch up like once during the day - and only have to use one blotting sheet, instead of three.

Finish - Probably semi-matte/natural on its own. I set it with a powder and it looks completely matte.

Extra Info - 1. It blends really well, and I use a flat top brush to stipple/buff it on, which is definitely my preferred way to do it, although I found fingers work as well. 2. Definitely store it upside down. So with the cap facing up. If you stand it up, like it seems like it's meant to do, it will POOR out when you open it, because... 3. It's pretty liquidy. But that doesn't bother me. 4. There isn't a smell to it much at all. 5. Doesn't oxidize as far as I can tell.

CONS -

1. On it's own, doesn't control oil extremely well. It does to an extent, but don't expect miracles is all I'm saying. However, in conjunction with milk of magnesia, it works amazingly.

2. My only big downfall with this, is the white-cast in photos from the SPF! :( It looks lovely in person, but it makes your face about 3 shades lighter in photos. Just be aware of that, and own something different to wear if you are getting your pictures taken. However, that's common with most foundations that have an SPF in them. So, nothing unusual.

on 10/6/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this expecting and waiting for it to break me out. I needed a liquid foundation that wasn't expensive so I gave it a chance and here we are 2 weeks later. I have worn it everyday since purchase and IN LOVE! I have extremely sensitive skin that hates silicones and clogs easily. The beauty of this product is that there are very FEW silicones however a lot of alcohol in it. The ingredients list really isn't great but guess what, no breakouts!! I know this for a fact because my breakouts have been few and far between, especially cysts.
Consistency is very liquidy and almost to a fault. I do not love how messy it.
Color is neutral. Both yellow and pink undertones can wear it but I noticed it runs more pink.
As far as coverage, light to medium. It looks extremely natural and definitely not full coverage. Keeps me matte only for about 3 hours but ULTIMATELY yes. I love this and think anyone with sensitive oily skin should try it. Honestly a great product

on 10/6/2013 1:19:00 PM

I'm rather shocked I like this, since the original Garnier BB clogged my pores so badly. I am NC20 and the light/med is perfect. I have combo skin and occasionally find it a bit drying but overall it is great. Usually I will only wear specific "long wear" foundations, because I have an active job and lifestyle and will not touch up, but this actually wears very well for a full day. It is pricy but you do get a lot of product. I have not noticed any skin benefits, but I didn't honestly expect to. It's just a solid med coverage foundation that doesn't cause breakouts. Also I agree with other reviews, store this upside down.

on 10/6/2013 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted soo much to love it.... Truth is, I like its coverage but my face after one or two hours, shines again... I have oily skin, but I had read so many nice comments about that BB cream and I thought it would be the hoily grail product for me, but it's not.
Nice BB cream, good coverage, but not as matte as I wanted.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I just purchased this in the hopes it would even out my redness and uneven skin tone and help reduce the appearance of my cystic acne scars. I have yellowish undertones in my skin and right now I am not tan so sometimes it can be hard to find the right colour to match. I purchased the light - medium and it is perfect for people with yellow undertones in their skin! I love how well this bb cream goes on and blends nicely. I don't really feel greasy or like I am wearing product either. This is great for my combination /oily tzone and for the price I will repurchase. I have acne prone skin, so I will update my review if I notice it aggravates my acne, but so far so good!

on 9/28/2013 3:55:00 PM

I love this bb cream! It keeps my skin matte for 4-5 hours with MAC's blot powder. I notice that when I go into a pool or the ocean it turns almost white! When I opened it the lid of the bottle and the dispenser part is covered in the bb cream and it wastes the product! I bought one for my friend to try and she has acne-prone skin. She loves it as we'll. It gives medium coverage and feels light on the skin. It has a yellow tone to it and I recommend this to anyone who has combination, oily, and acne-prone skin. I will defiantly repurchase this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my favourite drugstore bb cream I've tried. I got this on sale for $14 (kind of pricy, but I guess you get a lot of product. The only downsides for this are the colour range and the packaging. I have NC15 skin, and the lightest shade only works for me when I'm self tanning, otherwise it's too dark and orange. The packaging would be fine but the product is SO runny that unless you store it upside down the product runs out into the lid. This gives great coverage for a bb cream & it applies nicely, and looks good on the skin. It doesn't really control oil for me, even while being set with a powder but it's not terrible either. I would wear this all the time if the colour was a better match.

on 9/25/2013 7:32:00 PM

I personally think this is a great revision of Garnier's original bb cream. This one is made for the greasy faced gals like me! It performs well, it has great coverage, stays matte for a considerable amount of time and doesn't wreck my skin. The only problem I have with it is the color range...why wouldn't Garnier have used the same color range with this version of the bb cream as the original. It really makes no sense. With that said, I have been using the light/medium color and like most of the other fair skinned gals, I agree that it is too dark. I remedy this by add a dab of my lighter shade Revlon Colorstay to lighten it up, this seems to work well. I would rather use it right out of the tube instead of mixing a combination of foundations to get the right shade though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials