September 23, 2014 | 1389 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pensativa

Fabulous, fabulous new option in the BB cream market! I own several other BB creams and was not prepared to be terribly impressed with this one. Well, I was pleasantly surprised!

It certainly provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer (I'm looking at you, Laura Mercier!) and is superior to other drugstore BB creams such as Maybelline's. I think it might be even better than Bobbi Brown's BB cream, which used to be my HG, but costs 3x as much and feels a little heavier on your skin.

As other reviewers have said, Garnier's BB cream is runnier than your average Bb cream of foundation. But the coverage is still great for such a seemingly-sheer product! Plus, it goes on so lightly that it feels as if your skin can really breathe. It seems to be pretty long-lasting, even after a grueling 4-hour hike, my face looked good in photos!

Haven't noticed any breakouts so far. Really good at controlling oil/shine on my combination skin. I always moisturizer with Moroccan argan oil underneath, that helps with any potential dry skin patches that might be accentuated with this cream.

Price point is good, a little high for drugstore but excellent when compared to department stores. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is less than ideal. The tube concept is nice, but b/c the product is so runny, it tends to run out into the cap and all over the tube opening. Oh well, small price to pay for great coverage, good price, and shine-controlling properties! One of the few recent products that has lived up to the hype!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I am so impressed with this BB cream. It has better coverage than a lot of foundations I've tried, and if I have left over spots I just apply more and it doesn't look cakey or like I have a lot on. So far it hasn't broke me out- my skin looks better than before, but it's still too early to tell. This lasts all day long- survived a trip to an amusement/ waterpark and still looked good! I just apply this, and I add a considerable amount of powder but I just have an oily skin complex. Lol! It makes my combination/sensitive/ acne prone skin look flawless and I'm so happy I tried it out! I won't use foundation or powder alone again!

*update*

It's been a few weeks and I'm still loving this product. A little trick is to apply it with a flat top kabuki- I bought a cheap $5 one from amazon and it gives even better coverage and finish when I use it with that. I'm wearing half the makeup I used to and I still love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahxo14

I had been using this product for about a month and just recently stopped because of how embarrassed I am to go out with this stuff on my face. I have combination acne-prone skin. Usually my T-Zone would be oily and the rest of my face would be normal-dry but because of the acne topical gel I've been using, my T-Zone has been getting quite dry. I didn't expect this to work well on those dry patches (which it didn't) so I applied a generous amount of moisturizer prior to applying this BB cream. After a little while I realized that no matter how much moisturizer I applied, this BB cream would cling to those dry patches and just look horrible. I would definitely recommend this to people with very oily skin who want their skin to dry out but it just really didn't work on my combination skin. ** I gave this 2 lippies because I liked the way it made the rest of my face look - matte but with a natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

I almost used up this product and I will definetely repurchase.
At the beginning I was not so impressed, but then I found myself reaching for it almost every day.
Advantages:
- impressive coverage (no other drugstore comparison) and you can also build it up with a second layer in problem areas without looking cakey
- very easy to apply just with your fingers - it is my only option when I am in a hurry
- does not beak me out
- mattifies the skin - I have combination skin and I also apply powder on top and it hold on very well even in hot summer days
Disadvantages:
- packaging - I would have preferred to have a pump, as the contents is quite liquid and the cap gets filled up with product until you close it, so you end up with a bit of waste
- transfers onto clothes - being approprite for oily skin does not mean that once it sets it cannot transfer on clothes, so you need to be careful with clothing items or accessories like scarfs
All in all, I think this product has a great value for money and I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Tay8000

I have mixed feeling about this bb cream. I like the concept and I like the way it feels when I first apply it. It's a little to dark for me in the light shade so I think they need more shades. After a few hours though my face always gets oil in my t-zone. I have the one meant for oil skin but I just end up getting way more oily then usual and my face feels like a mess. I have been trying this product out during the summer so that probably has a impact on it. Ill try it out again once it starts to get cooler and see if that helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

This BB cream is great, has a nice silky texture that dries almost powdery, matches my skin tone perfectly, and lasts all day. The cream itself is very liquidy and can be messy to apply, it runs out of the tube pretty fast. I have sensitive, combination skin with hormonal cystic acne around my jawline and sometimes forehead, but I find I need to use a light moisturizer under this BB otherwise my skin gets a bit dry and the dry flaky bits are verrrrry obvious.
I always set this with Physician's Formula pressed mineral powder, and then use a bit of blush or bronzer on top otherwise I find it evens out my skin tone almost too much, and looks cakey.
My biggest complaint would be the smell, my tube is a month or two old now and I'm only starting to notice the horrible scent. It's chemically and kinds of smells like hydrogen peroxide and bandaids. Ugh.
Other than that I'd buy it again, I like to use it when I'm having breakouts, but if I'm having a normal skin day I'll mix it up with my regular Garnier BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by SoniaResiak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product overall is great. It conceals blemishes very well. The color is slightly orange, yet oxidizes slightly to match your usual skin color. The packaging isn't great. It spills everywhere and pours out straight away as soon as you take off the lid. It lasts the entire day and actually looks better after a few hours after application. The price is excellent as in Australia it's only 8-10 dollars. I have been dealing with acne scars for a few months now, and I needed to cover them, and I made an excellent decision! Sometimes it does get a little orange and I'd love it if they created more of a range with the colors, but yes, I do love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by SammyTheLotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this BB Cream! I tried another one (From Revlon if I'm not mistaken) and after a few hours of wear it would just melt off of my face and looked gross. :(
This BB is perfect for anyone with combination or oily skin. It's not too dark and gives great coverage. I'll definitely be buying again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Oline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually quite like this product.
I had the 'big' one before, and that made my face go all greasy!
But this one for combination to oily skin is way better.
Its stays matte almost all day, but at the end its still turns out a bit greasy.

I bought the one i the color light. At the summertime, its too light. And at the wintertime its a bit too dark/ orange.

But overall i like this product, and yes, i would probably buy this Again.
The price is fine, its about 90 kr. in Denmark (probably 16 USD)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting a bb cream for a while and I've tried basically EVERY drugstore bb (and even cc) cream. They all lack coverage and are just overall greasy. The other problem I faced when trying to find a drugstore bb is that their shades are off; I'm a natrual tan color with a yellow undertone and most bb creams fail to cater to this. I wasn't going to buy this bb because people complained it was greasy... But those reviews were from a year ago and garnier came out with an oil free version! This cream has AMAZING coverage that suits tan skin and isn't greasy. The SPF is decent but I still wear a sunscreen... Totally buying again :)