Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 3/14/2014 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love real techniques face brushes and this is no exception! I own the powder brush (so soft, fluffy, and perfect) and recently purchased the expert face brush for liquid foundations. It blends like a dream, feels so soft on the skin, and makes foundation application a cinch! The orange handle is cute, too :) Not much more to say except the brush is awesome!

on 3/13/2014 1:01:00 AM

Good. Soft

on 3/12/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best buffing brush I have ever owned hands down. I was never lucky enough to own the Sigma brushes or MAC, I only had BE brushes and some other ones. I researched RT so much before deciding on them instead of Sigma and MAC and am completely blown away by this brand.

I use mineral foundation, powder, and liquid all different times of the year because my skin is either extremely dry or combo. This brush is insane for buffing anything. I especially love it for mineral foundation. To me this is the equivalent of the BB for brushes.

It's very dense and very soft. It makes powders and mineral foundations blend right in without any problems. I literally can't see them at all after and that is a first for me. Looking back on all the other brushes I have owned and tried in the past, nothing comes close for me to how great every one of these brushes performs.

on 3/12/2014 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love love love this brush. Prior to getting this I used Sigma's F80 everyday for the best part of a year, but the expert face brush is so much better, in my opinion. I use MAC face and body and it blends it in so well - if I feel it needs more blending I also buff it out with the real techniques buffing brush, and it's a beautiful finish. Can't recommend this brush enough :-)

on 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great brush, especially for the price. It is very soft, and feels great against your skin. I find myself grabbing for it more often than my MAC brush.

It works really well. I have a tried it with a few different foundations, and it applies them very nicely. I do get a bit of streaking when I apply my YSL foundation with this brush, but nothing that a quick buff with my kabuki won't fix. It works really great with MUFE HD.

It applies product evenly, and doesn't eat up product like some brushes do. It cleans up very easily. (I use baby shampoo) I haven't experienced any shedding either.

I also have the real techniques stippling brush, and that brush does apply foundation for slightly heavier coverage.

Great price for this quality.

on 3/9/2014 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely one of the best foundation brush I tried. I know it's good for cream foundations which I have not tried yet but I love how this brush is dense and firm. It's definitely less flimsy compared to the RT buffing brush which I loved too, but have left exclusively for my powder foundation.

It blends foundation beautifully without the need of ferociously blending, just swipe in short strokes in different directions to blend and that's enough to blend my medium coverage foundation and making its coverage fuller if that's possible. I have no idea why people have complained over the size of this brush because it's perfect to reach and blend foundation around the nose crevices.

The best part is, it does not absorb product excessively like most brushes do. It's one brush that takes the least effort out of me to clean. I cannot use any other brushes anymore for liquid foundations, this is the one. (Well, I use beautyblender on a daily basis for liquid foundation. I leave the expert face brush for days when I need/want a heavier coverage out of my foundation).

I hope I don't have to repurchase soon, because I don't foresee the brush loosening at any time soon. If I have to, I would buy backups for sure!

on 3/8/2014 5:04:00 PM

I love this brush. Its perfect for foundation and as a buffing brush.

on 3/4/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this brush when they started selling them at Kohl's because you really couldn't beat the price! I love the sigma buffing brushes but I thought it would be nice to have an extra when those were dirty. I use this brush to apply liquid foundation. When I first used this brush, I didn't like it all. I felt that it absorbed a lot of the foundation and left me with barely any on my face. I like medium/full coverage so I kinda tossed it aside. I picked it up again recently to use with my Garnier BB cream and I liked it a lot. I find that it works best with thinner, more liquidy products. I also tried it with my L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation since that's very liquidy and it applied great as well. So, now that I know what types of products it works for on me, I definitely like this brush and would purchase again!

on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I recently started wearing powder foundation, and am legitimately sad that it means getting less use out of this brush. This is how much I love it.

You have not experienced buildable coverage until you tried this. A girl at Sephora did my foundation and I asked how she got it to look so natural while covering blemishes. She said I could buy the $45 Sephora brush she'd used... Or try this one for $10 plus tax from the drug store.

I don't quite know what makes this brush so great, why it makes liquid foundation so easy to apply. But it does. Right now I use it to buff around the edges of my liquid concealer, which it does really well. The angle makes it great for the whole face, but very capable of being a spot treater, too.

Best ten dollars I ever spent.

on 2/13/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite brushes! I use this to apply my foundation and it works great on my sensitive skin :)

Popular Makeup Brushes