October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips in Cherry Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

I love this lip balm :) The tint is just enough to make your lips look alive and hydrated, but not too pink or red. The color reminds me of if you had bitten your lips. It makes your lips extremely soft! the scent is light, however Im not a fan of the taste. It almost tastes like cheap kid smackers chapstick. But it doesn't bother me enough not to buy it again. I think the packaging is adorable! Definitely try this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by frugalwitch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this lip balm! Cherry Me is such a perfect shade of
red but not here comes the lips cheap hooker red.
I also purchased Grape Vine and like it as well. Between the BabyLips during the day and Rosebud Salve at bedtime my old lips stay soft and pretty.

***UPDATE*** I'm still in total lippy-love with this. I have gone back and purchased 3 more Cherry Me to stash just in case the balms are discontinued, and added the Peach one just for variety.
I have recieved many compliments from other women who all wanted to know what I was wearing and where they could purchase. Most assumed it was a high-end product.
Love, love, love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These baby lips don't really moisturize but the colored ones are pretty nice if you're looking for a simple tinted lip balm with SPF. Cherry me gives the I just ate a Popsicle look.Im not a big cherry fan but I cant stop smelling this, it smells like sweet tarts! cute flimsy plastic packaging. Thin texture with a bit of a glossy finish

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I have been eyeing this lip balm for a few months, and for some reason I couldn't get myself to spend $2.99 and try it. I figured it would be another lip product I would try once and toss aside.
I was so wrong!
This product is so buttery smooth, glides on your lips and gives the most beautiful cherry kissed look I've seen! The best part is that it's not lipstick, so you can swipe it across your lips at any time and not have to worry about it getting all over.
This product may not be for everyone since I've read some peoples lips were dryer after using this, but for me it works great, and my lips are smooth and moisturized! Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Justineeyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg! I absolutely love love loveeeeee this product! I researched this lip balm like crazy before buying it and I have to say, I was a bit skeptical about buying it because people said it dried their lips out even more and it left cracks or something and other stuff and other people have said it's one of the best but I was like oh what the heck I'll just buy one to see what it's like! and right when I bought it I tried it on and omg, right when I put it on it was like super duper smooth. It like glides and it's just like incredibly smooth! I cannot emphasize how smooth it is. And the color! if you want it a light red, just to give you a look where it doesn't look to bare and you look more awake, which I like, you can just glide it on your lips once and it'll give you enough color and balm on your lips. Or you can keep putting it on and it turns really red! Everything about this product is perfect! I got it for 2.84 at target :) Trust me! Buy it!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Cherry me! It's the perfect "I'm not trying to hard to rock a red lip but it still looks good" kind of look for me! You can apply it with less pressure and get a more tinted lip or apply heavier and get a deeper red which still looks nice and casual. Perfect for everyday for me.

I don't find these particularly moisturizing and I do wear another lip balm underneath! My lips are super dry though and tend to peel. So if you don't have that problem I'm sure these are going to be perfectly moisturizing anyway.

I have a small problem with the red color tending to collect in the dry parts of my lip, which I do exfoliate, but I just have super dry lips. So a matching light red gloss helps in that aspect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by eciupak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased all of the Baby Lips line and at first I was excited with the product but after using the product for several weeks I am more disappointed with the purchase. I love the two clear ones in the line (10-Peppermint and 05-Quenched). Peppermint has a nice peppermint tingle and smell while Quenched has a very subtle fruity smell to it. They go on clear but glossy. I find myself applying often to keep the glossiness to my lips. It isn't as glossy as a lip gloss but it does give a nice sheen to the lips.
The tinted balms in the line I wish I hadn't purchased. The color starts to look unnatural the more applications you apply (30-Peach Kiss is the exception). I like to apply often to feel that greasiness on my lips too! The first application looks wonderful but it starts to stain your lips and look more like you drank Koolaid which looks awful if you were just looking for a balm to polish your look without going the lipstick route. And with the except for Peach Kiss, they also have an offensive odor. They simply smelled like medication and were VERY strong. I also found tinted balms to be on the drying side or else they leave a film that starts to peel off like dead skin. At $3 a piece, I think I'll cut my losses and toss them in the trash.
The packaging is on the cheap side and I found that the caps start to become easier to remove which means I can see it coming loose in my purse and causing some damage.
All-in-all, I will not be repurchasing any of the line. If I want a greasy lip, I'll go with Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by NAK3Dpalette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very moisturizing, and gives me the perfect amount of colour. It also smells great! I feel that paying $6 is a little much for a tinted lip balm, so I will only be buying this on sale. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Come on, how cute are these? This one is my favourite colour of them all, and I love the scent! It gives a nice red tint, smells so yummy and SPF 20! I use it with a simple black mascara just to highlight my eyes and lips without looking too dramatic. I found it did moisturize my lips as well. I love it! Couldn't find any cons personally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

My favorite scent out of the 3 I got. I really love the fake cherry scent so I’m biased I guess. But that’s it with the good stuff with this one. It gives a faint tint of red but….it looked a bit muddy on me though. Another (and cheaper) product that could give you a better “faint red” tint which will amp up your lip color is the dr.pepper lip smacker. I guess this one is alright. It can also be a cheaper alternative to the Clinique chubby stick in chunky cherry. I have both the dr.pepper lip balm & Clinique chubby stick in chunky cherry so this purchase was totally unnecessary.