November 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I don't like tinted moisturizers but in the summer a face of foundation looks and feels hideous. This is the best of the bunch though. It has a dry texture that isn't drying and has a nice soft glow. It covers very well but it is as light as air and really doesn't look like you have anything on your skin. Just a little bit goes a very long way and you get broad spectrum 30 spf coverage. It even replaces using an undereye concealer. My only complaint is that the shade is very yellow. I have Alaska which was the closest to Nars Deauville foundation. These shades are even more yellow than Bobbi Brown foundation. The upside of the yellow is that it knocks out all the redness but you have to adjust the rest of your makeup to suit it. I manage this by applying Hourglass Ambient Light powder in Dim. However the whole point of tinted mositurizer is to simplify things. I'll stick with it through the summer though.

UPDATE: The shades are very disappointing skewing very yellow and dark. I started with Alaska which was way too yellow so I didn't wear it. Then tried Finland, still too yellow and landed with the lightest in the range Terra Nueve. I am fair/neutral and not the lightest complexion typically. This one was it and I'm so glad because this is a great product in finish, texture and spf 30. Terra Nueve is light neutral having both pink and yellow tones. I can't imagine this would work on skin that is lighter than mine though. Suffice it to say that the consultation I got from the Nars makeup artist was not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Kalenalli

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After years of trying every foundation I could find, I never thought I'd love a tinted moisturizer. My former "go to's" were MAC Studio Fix in NC20 and the ridiculously expensive La Prairie in Champagne. An MUA suggested NARS radiant tinted moisturizer in a new shade called Groenland which is the perfect shade for me. I have bad skin, still getting break outs in my early 60s, large pores and discoloration. So I was skeptical that a tinted moisturizer would provide enough coverage but, I think because the color is so close to my natural skin, I now look like I have almost flawless skin. The miracle is that I don't even need to use concealer! With summer's hot,humid weather we'll see how well this does but so far it has been very impressive.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was a little disappointed by this product, maybe it's great for everyone else but it did nothing for me. I do know it's only a tinted moisturizer but it literally looked like I put nothing on when I applied it. Smells a little bit like the optimal concentrator which I love. Tried this because my friend raved about it so much. My skin isn't bad by itself but I refuse to pay 40$ for something that makes my face appear the same. No difference at all on my skin, looks & feels the same. Not bad product but not very useful for me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

♥ I love this product. It's marketed as a tinted moisturiser, but I would put the coverage up there with a foundation. Feels great on, love the SPF and blendibility.

I have Alaska which is very yellow, and am about NC25 with my fake tan on, that's when I use this. If you want a more neutral tone but same deepness try Groenland.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I was fortunate enough to be a perfect match for St Moritz. I just love this product and I would definitely repurchase.

Pros:
SPF 30 yayy!
A good squeeze bottle with a very small hole so theres minimal wastage
Bottle is a compact flat rectangular shape
A little goes a long way
Scentless
Easy to apply texture
Gives a luminous, natural, fresh and dewy finish!
Perfect colour match for me
No oxidation
Skin is really soft after use! Weird. (I changed nothing else in my skin care routine).
Feels like you are wearing nothing on your face

Cons
I have combination skin so I need to use a blotting product after one hour and then once again after 5 hours. ( I wish there was a Sheer Matte type version).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by unfathomableexistance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After trying to find a foundation that actually suits my skin for years and constantly failing, I began to think i needed to take a different approach. I have used MAC's Studio Sculpt for the past couple of years and through that time I gained a hell of a lot of spots!! So i decided to try out a tinted moisturiser and came across the NARS Pure Radient one and since using this.. Voila!! my spots have begun to clear up! It gives me a good enough coverage without feeling cakey and like i'm wearing tons of makeup. The effect this product has is that it makes your skin look radiant and clear but still has the 'natural' look. As if you're not wearing make-up! And a little goes a long way with this aswell. Love this and will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reached HG status pretty quickly after I sampled the little bit Sephora gave me to try. It evens my skin tone and leaves me looking as if I have nothing on. Freckles can be tricky if makeup is too heavy, but this just makes my skin look even and yet my freckles show through - like magic. This product is easy to blend. I prefer to apply it with my fingers. About a pea size amount will cover my face. It affords slighltly more coverage than your average TM. The finish is gorgeous and natural. It doesn't oxidize as the day progresses. My skin is the exact same color when I get home from work as when I left for work that morning. Doesn't settle into fine lines. Doesn't disappear. I love the packaging! It has a light pleasant fragrance. I wear Alaska and it's a perfect match for my NC 30 skin. Let me end by saying though, it doesn't stand up to Summer heat and is a much better option for me in the colder months.

Update 9/23/13 - I don't think I will repurchase. Where I still think it's a great product, coveragewise and colorwise, I think it's responsible for me breaking out. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by glitteryear

The SA at NARS used this in Finland on me and gave me a sample to try it at home - although I think I had already decided for myself that I would get it anyway.

I love how this product evens out my skin tone. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin even tho it manages to cover blemishes, if they're there. It's buildable and gives a nice glow to the face without making it look very greasy. The SPF is a huge plus as well.

The only thing I don't really like is the price, but a little goes a long way and I like this so much that it's absolutely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by knicks

I use the shade St Moritz and I have combination to dry skin. I love this as it is moisturising and the coverage is just right as I prefer to have a little flaw to show through and it gives a dewy look. There's always concealer if I needed to look flawless. I will definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I find nars products to be very overrated and over hyped due to their explicit names, sex sells i guess. But this is a very basic TM, good spf, which is what drew me too it, but in all i'd say this is greasy, not long wearing and not really much better than other TM's that are drug store. It does provide a nice coverage but it's just not a nice finish, i love dewy and glowy but i found this more greasy and oily. I don't have oily skin btw either. I much preferred chantecaille tinted moisturiser and i also found this goes a bit orange, the shade i got was st moriz