NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

4.1

on 2/27/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've been using this for the last two months now...in the cold dry weather here in UK, its been a lifesaver! I had lots of dry flaky patches on my face which only showed up more after applying my usual Bobbi Brown foundation so I needed to get a good moisturizing long-wearing foundation. Was in a fix about getting this or the TM from Laura Mercier, but finally jumped on this one cuz I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this had great reviews. My skin looks dewy and healthy soon after I apply this and my dry patches just disappear. The coverage is sheer but whatever you apply stays on for a long time...i'm talking 6 hours in an airconditioned office. I love this! I have it in St. Moritz which is a neutral toned match for Bobbi Brown Honey skin. :)

on 2/25/2014 12:36:00 PM

Pros:
-The shade is perfect match for me. I love Nars when it comes to their coloring. They always offer best colors for Asians. (NC 35 and purchased St. Moritz)
-It is very lightweight, non greasy, and absorbs fast on the skin.
-Does not oxidize or counter act when layered with foundation.
-Evens the skin out and it has SPF. Great for people who needs a minimal coverage and less problematic skin.
-The price is right, although it is $42 but considering my tube lasted for 7 months since you don't need a whole lot of product each use.
-Did not cause break out and black heads on my acne prone skin.
Cons:
-It is sheer, so if you think you can use this as a foundation substitute then be prepared to use a great concealer if you need to cover up problem areas.
-In winter, I felt that I tend to use more product to hydrate my skin. If you have a very dry skin then you might need additional moisturizer.
-Depending on the amount you need to use, this product can be considered expensive as a daily moisturizer (specially for drier skin).

Bottom line, I enjoyed using this. Very easy to use and the color is a perfect match but for now, I will not repurchase this. I will be trying out other products and hopefully find something more hydrating with more coverage. If everything else fails, I am positive I will get back in using this. I recommend using this to anyone, who wants a light coverage for everyday use and to a younger make up user, specially teens who might not need a lot of coverage.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My new favorite tinted moisturizer! I used to use one from Sonia Kashuk, then I upgraded to Laura Mercier's Oil-free version. I really enjoyed it, but after I used it up I decided I wanted to try something new. The NARS offering is great, I use the shade Alaska (NC20-25). I find it has a bit more coverage than both SK & LM and it also is a tad less luminous. Now, I have oily skin, but I still love the look of glowy skin but too much luminosity coming from products + my skin's natural oiliness can go overboard VERY quickly. I use this without a moisturizer or SPF underneath, NARS radiant creamy concealer, and MAC mineralized skin finish natural and my skin looks great for hours. I do need to touch up, however (I just used a blot powder, translucent). Love it!

on 2/23/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had been trying to get into tinted moisturisers for a little while now but wasn't sure which one would suit my needs. I wanted slightly more than light coverage, non oily formula on my normal skin, I didn't want to need a powder to set and it needed to have a decent wear time. Well after trying a dozen different samples from different brands I finally decided that the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser ticked all of the boxes. It is pricey here in Australia at $62 but I do really love it and wouldn't be without it in my summer routine now!

on 2/22/2014 2:38:00 PM

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out St. Mortiz & Groenland. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scarring.

I badly wanted this to work for me but couldn't find a color match. Groenland was very beige and almost noticeably pink in some lights. When I asked for a sample of this, the SA said I was a "textbook St. Mortiz". Unfortunately, St. Mortiz is too dark and orange for me. It was recommended that I use fingers but I prefer a flat top brush.

Coverage is light, which I don't mind because I use a heavier concealer anyway. Finish is satin IME. A compliment I received while wearing this was that I had "luminous skin". I do feel that I have to set this with a more oil controlling powder though because I prefer a demi matte finish. Lasts all day for more but it does transfer easily. I did use another moisturizer and primer underneath this; treated it like a normal foundation.

Price (with tax) is $45. Citrusy/orange scent. Sleek tube packaging.

on 2/19/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't have problem or acne prone skin. I do however have imperfections like redness around my nose and some darkness around my lips. I'm in the shade St. Moritz! It's lightweight and it literally feels like I have nothing on!! I used to apply with my fingers but how I started applying with a foundation brush from Sephora. It definitley leaves a shiny "glow". But I noticed applying with my fingers just makes me look super oily (I have VERY DRY SKIN btw). So, a brush works better.

One thing I don't like is that the glowy skin and coverage vanishes after 2 hours. Or maybe I'm just looking at it too hard. I also want to confirm that it does stick to dry patches!! But when I use a moisturizer before application that seems to stop it from happening.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase but I am leaning towards yes. Only since I do not need to wear foundation - and LM products have harsh chemicals - so Nars TM is probablly the way to go.

on 2/19/2014 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Went into Sephora to restock my Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Fair and got talked into Nars Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve.

The color was a little too dark, but my main issue was with the texture. It reminded me of a water based high end foundation I had when I was a kid - it spread thinly into all of my pores, leaving a wash of dry, noticible color. It emphasized pores I didn't know I had.

The only way I was able to get this looking acceptable was to use a moisturizer followed by a primer, to keep it from settling.

Returned it.

on 2/18/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Color: Martinique in medium dark 3

I so so sooo wanted to love this product and I really do as far as match and feel go. However it makes me super duper oily within an hour or so even with primer and setting powder. I love the glow as well but not for me. I tried Mary Kay tinted in bronze 2 and really liked it but they no longer sell it and I'm not sure about thier CC cream. I went to sephora to return Nars and asked for sample of Laura mercier tinted oil free in walnut and BAM! instantly I fell in love ---- perfect match finish and feel. So matte and pretty good coverage even without concealer and my Mac skin finish in dark. Wow wow wow @laura!
Both Nars and LM are expensive as ever but hey if it's a great product that I will use often and gives me that flawless look without looking too made up I say it's worth every penny. Amazing for the oily ladies and gents out there!

on 2/17/2014 9:56:00 AM

This feels great going on. Nice and moisturizing with decent coverage, however after a couple of hours it makes my face oilier. I have combo skin. would not purchase again. also the color is a bit too orange on me, I got it in the shade alaska.

on 2/12/2014 6:49:00 PM

I love this! It blends really easily and doesn't feel cakey!