Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 4/27/2013 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am really surprised by this product, and I just love it! This really covers up all my imperfections and does a wonderful job at evening out my skin tone. Once I have it all on my skin just looks natural and flawless and I cannot rave about it enough. It keeps my oily skin under control and so far hasn't caused me any breakouts, and I've been wearing it everyday since I bought it.
I would definately reccommend it to you for an everday foundation if you want a natural, flawless looking finish!

on 4/25/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I received this as a sample in the Light color. I was surprised at how dark it was (I'm NC 27), but this actually blends in fairly well. I use this everyday in place of foundation because I like a quick routine in the morning & the fact that this has SPF and is a treatment product is also a bonus! I find that it doesn't accentuate my large pores like many other foundations or tinted moisurizers do and provides light coverage. I apply my daily moisturizer underneath and once absorbed, I'll apply this with my fingers followed by blending it out with a damp sponge. I find it does last most of the day and controls oil pretty well on my sensitive/combination skin (my forehead will get oily about 6 hours after application). Best part is I have not broken out with daily use! The only negative is the price but you really only need to use a pea-size. I bought the full size in the Light/Medium shade since I'm sure I will tan with the summer coming, but right now that shade is just too dark/orangey for me.

on 4/18/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best product I have ever used foundation wise. I have extremley oily skin where I have to blot every 2 hours but with this I only have to blot once after 4 hours and I'm good for the rest of the 12 hour day. The shade range is great. I'm around nc10 and fair matches me perfectly. It covers amazingly well. Up to medium coverage. It covers scars and small pimples but for some blemishes you still will need concealer. It lasts really long and doesnt cake up at all. If you try this product and dont like it keep trying different powders and concealers with it until it works for you. Worth the money. HG.

on 4/13/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
Its matte
Stays on for a considerably good amount of time
Has SPF 35 (good for summer time)
Quick to use
Easy to apply with a brush or fingers
Good coverage

Cons:
Not a good color range
Can easily look cakey if not blended in properly
Not worth the price
Theres little product in the bottle
Feels more like a light/medium coverage foundation with SPF rather than a BB cream
It feels very tacky and sticky on the skin/not easily blend-able

on 4/13/2013 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream works really well for me! Like many others, I bought after seeing TiffanyDs review on the product. She also has combo/oily skin, and I've fared well from her recommendations in the past.

Most TM and BBs (well, American "BBs," but that's another topic) don't hold up well on me and are gone about halfway through my day. I hate wearing a lot on my skin and I have pretty good skin, so I always end up looking for nice, light coverage that actually lasts and doesn't break me out. A tall order apparently.

Things I love about this product:
-spf 35!! Hooray!!
- nice, smooth coverage, easy to slap on and blend in minutes
-holds up on my skin throughout the day (a miracle)
-doesn't break me out

I ran the ingredients through cosdna and only one came back as questionable, so I gave it a go. I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and no breakouts! I run EVERYTHING through cosdna now, and if it doesn't pass that test, I don't even bother.

Anyway, if you're combo/oily and looking for a light coverage product that holds up well, has a great spf, and isn't loaded with acneic ingredients, this is worth a go if you can find a shade match!

on 4/13/2013 6:44:00 AM

Ive gone through a couple bottles already of this, I love Smashbox products and I like to go back and forth between this one and Diors hydra life bb cream. This one I find gives me more of a solid coverage with a matte finish while Dior's coverage depends on how its layered and its my go to when I want a dewy finish. Before I was using this I used Smashbox's primer so Im pretty loyal but its perfect with some powder to set for summer as it doesnt feel too heavy or mask like and of course it comes with SPF 30 so you cant lose.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Ulta when I ordered from there. I tried it out today and I'm so glad I tried this as a sample instead of buying it.

I have somewhat oily skin, My revlon colorstay oily/combo skin foundation with alittle translucent powder can keep my oil away all day and this BB cream definatley did not.

CONS:
Seemed like it never actually set/dried
Looks cakey with powder
Need a concealer if you have blemishes/acne scaring/hyperpigmentation
Did not control oil well at all (even with Rimmel Stay Matte powder)

PROS:
Easy to blend
Smells like sunscreen (i personally love that smell)

EDIT: I tried the smashbox CC cream.. WAY better. give that a go (:

on 4/8/2013 4:12:00 PM

This was the very first BB Cream I tried, and I have to admit I am addicted. The positive end is that with a minimal amount I can get great coverage, yet feel like I am wearing nothing. I have acne prone skin and it covers it very well. I am hoping that by using this for a few weeks it will improve the overall quality of my skin, we'll see!

The negative? The price. At $39 (ordered right from Smashbox) I had to really push myself to try it. I am happy that I have, and as stated above, will have to see how my it affects my skin after a few weeks. If there is great improvement I will buy again, if not its on to another brand!

I do recommend at least trying this to anyone interested. At first try it exceeded my expectations.

on 4/7/2013 12:45:00 AM

My first bb cream and i love it already. I use light/medium and it blends in smoothly and very well. It looks like my natural skin color and stays on all day!

on 4/6/2013 12:30:00 PM

I might buy this again but idk. I mean i has good coverage and is a nice formula but to me it smells like sunscreen and i hate that smell.