October 20, 2014 | 2063 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Hasu

Dont care for it. tried much better products before. Another over hyped product that barely gives coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL! (my original review from 9/13/2012)

I finally broke down a bought this about a month ago. It does exactly what it says on the packaging. Smashbox and Maybelline are the only two companies selling B.B. Creams that offer options for people who are darker than just light and medium.

While I like Maybelline's version, Smashbox is wayyyyy better. I don't have to apply anything to my skin before this product. I literally wash my face, apply the b.b. cream and go. It smooths out my complexion with one light coat. I only apply a light dusting of transculent powder to my t-zone and I'm set for the day. It lasts me about 8 hours and has not irritated my skin. You can easily build this up for a full coverage look (you'll need to add a powder on top).

The price tag is my only complaint. It does not need to be as expensive, but you don't need alot to get good coverage.

I wear Revlon Colorstay in a Carmel/Cappuccino mix, Mac in NW45 and MUFE in 173/175. The color (dark) is spot on for my skintone. You can't tell that I am wearing anything when I have this on, it makes my skin look beautiful!

This is a definite win for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works when the weather gets cooler and drier.

***EDIT*** (2/2013)

I'm still loving my Smashbox BB Cream, but now that my skin is in it's 'winter phase' the color is not as great of a match as last summer. If I wear it alone, it washes me out. I can correct this easily with my powder but shouldn't have to do this. It still has wonderful coverage and I have not had any breakouts with this product. I guess I'll just have to keep this one for the summer months. Thankfully Iman has finally come out with a BB Cream exclusively for women of color that I can't wait to try!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this BB cream by a sales associate at ULTA when I mentioned that most BB creams I try break me out and the ones that don't, simply don't work with my skin tone. After seeing the fair was a near perfect match for my winter skin I decided to try it out. This product caused horrible breakouts for me. My skin is acne-prone, but its usually hormonal and easy to control, I'm now having to adopt a whole new skin-care regimen to fix the damage this product caused. Basically, think twice if your skin can be acne-prone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Hydrating
-Smoothing
-High SPF
Cons:
-VERY sheer coverage
-Difficult to get all the product out

This BB cream is a good option for someone who has an even complexion with barely any imperfections. There is literally barely any coverage to this BB cream. You would have to use a lot of the product to get a sheer-medium coverage. I did like the smoothing aspect to it, but I would much rather invest in a lightweight primer or a moisturizer with silicones and SPF. The stiff tube also makes it really hard to get all the product out. I think I would bring this with me on vacation to smooth out my pores and to protect my skin with the SPF, but for everyday use its a bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a bad BB cream, sheer coverage that can be built up to medium. Better in the summer, as I find it accentuates dry patches in the winter. Though I enjoy the product, it's not so special that it's worth $50, so won't be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by SleepyHeadphones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the worst bb cream I've ever tried! It's too heavy, cakes up, the lightest shade is too orange and to top it off, is 50 flipping dollars!! I've never hated something so much and will never buy it again! The only good that came out of it was that I got my money back and learned that my young skin doesn't need something heavy like that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by bgershenshop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried so many BB creams and I keep coming back to this one. It is expensive, however a little goes a long way and if I apply it with a brush, I can use less and it will last longer. The coverage is pretty consistant and the finish is just the look I want. At 66 years old, I do not want a mat finish. I want my skin to appear dewy and youthful, I get that look with this BB cream. I have bought it a few timed and am thoroughly pleased. Of course I still keep looking for the same results with a smaller pricetag...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by KB333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM. I've tried so many other BB Creams that have all been brand named and NOTHING compares to this. Except for the ELF tinted moisturizer.

It's so smooth and provides amazing coverage that wakens up my face, and leaves my skin looking very healthy! Wearing this BB Cream alone gives me the confidence to not need anymore makeup. I feel fine going anywhere with just this amount of coverage, it's that amazing. (If you have skin like me, you'll get what I'm saying.)

This small bottle has lasted me for more than 4 months due to the small amount of application you need (pea sized amount), and I have been wearing it everyday!

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product, it used to be pricing I was finicky about, but now seeing how long it lasts I no longer consider it an issue.

Check out my YouTube channel xokeebuuxo to see a review I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this is my favorite of all BB creams, but that isn't saying much. I like it for it's color match (fair) and hydration. It's like a supercharged TM. Thank being said, I won't buy it again and really dislike BBs in general. I see no discernable difference between them and makeup. I use mine only as a base if I want to amp up coverage of my foundation, but beyond that I skip the BB.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have hated every BB cream I have tried so far and this one was the worst so far.