Revlon Photoready 3D Volume

3.6

on 5/9/2012 7:28:00 PM

I bought two. One for me. One for my 17 year old. We are both in love. This mascara does not flake at all, it comes off easily goes on easily. I do not have one bad word to say

I will buy again and again. I'm even thinking of buying 5-6 for back up in case it gets discontinued. I love revlon these days. The foundation, great. The powder great. The lipstick. Very great.
The price, almost free.

on 5/7/2012 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

I've been on a mascara hunt lately, tried pretty much all drugstore ones and I was really excited about this one because it got great reviews.It's nothing amazing,it doesn't give a lot of volume but it lengthens a bit more. If you're going for a more dramatic look (which I am) then you're not gonna like this one,it looks very VERY natural, to the point where I don't even see the use of it.The good part is that it doesn't flake or smudge, it's easy to remove,doesn't clump and its really black.I gave this one to my mom since I found my HG(L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black).I will not be repurchasing.

I purchased this because I heard that it was very similar to the Benefit 'They're Real' mascara. I have not tried the Benefit mascara, but I imagine this is a good dupe. It makes my lashes so dramatic and thick - they seriously look like false lashes. I also love how black the formula is. The bristles on the end of the brush seem useless to me; they always have way too much product on them and don't seem necessary in the first place. But that is the only bad thing I can say about this mascara, otherwise it exceeded my expectations.

on 5/1/2012 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very wet formula. Gave great length and definition. A second layer gives a fuller look. Best to curl lashes before you apply so they don't get weighed down.

on 4/30/2012 11:59:00 PM

Finally a drugstore mascara that I actually like, hurrah! I've been on a quest to find the perfect mascara for years, and I've just never found the perfect mascara - but this one actually comes pretty close. I have blonde, thin, straight, barely there lashes and this mascara makes them beautiful, thick, and long. The brush is great, the formula is perfect, I don't even need to curl my lashes (which is WEIRD for me), and the price is just right. I'll definitely keep buying this!

on 4/29/2012 10:50:00 PM

I bought this mascara yesterday, and I returned it today. I was really interested to try the brush because it seemed so popular. When I applied it, the formula was VERY watery and not thick enough to hold your lashes. The brush worked well, but it was the formula that was bad. If you have thick lashes already and only want length, then I would recommend this...but if you are dont SAVE YOUR MONEY!

on 4/29/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is pretty good. I don't know about it being 3D, but it does give a very nice length. The color is good and the brush is amazing. The brush reminds me of Benefit's They're Real. Check out my photos (I'm wearing purplish eyeshadow).

on 4/26/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very good dupe for they're real by benefit. The brush is awesome and the formula gives no-clump length and volume. For sure this is among the very best DS mascara. One star off for minimal flaking.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara us the latest addition to their very popular, and growing line; PhotoReady, and also their newest mascara. The formula is supposedly reflection, giving the appearance of longer, more abundant lashes. PhotoReady 3D is available in 3 shades, and does not appear to have a waterproof version. Revlon makes no mention of this mascara being ophthalmologist tested, or safe for wear with contact lenses, so be weary if you have sensitive eyes. Revlon products are not tested on animals. This product was made in the USA of domestic and imported ingredients. I purchased my tube at Rite Aid for $4.99 on sale, but this mascara will normally run you about $10.
I really love Revlon packaging in general packaging in general, and I'll do my best not to go on a rant about how lovely the packaging for PhotoReady 3D is. This mascara's packaging is sleek. A square, matte tube with a silver metallic cap. The base of the cap features a glossy black bit with "Revlon" written on it. The tube doesn't offer much information on the product, but it still has more than your average tube of mascara. I just love how sleek and functional Revlon packaging is. It's both modern and elegant. They definitely have the best packaging on the drugstore level. I'll stop now.
According to Revlon, the brush has a "special lash accentuating tip that reaches every lash to provide dimension to the extreme". That means it has a rounded tip. The brush has plastic bristles that are short and pretty dense. The brush doesn't taper or curve at all, it just suddenly comes to a rounded tip. The round tip really does come in handy for coating the inner lashes, as well as the bottom ones.
PhotoReady 3D is a very easy to apply mascara. The brush glides through the lashes. To apply this mascara, I use a combination of sweeping and wiggling motions. To elaborate, I sweep from the roots to the middle of the lashes, then wiggle my way upwards, to achieve best results for my lashes. Everyone's lashes are different so that technique may not be best for you. Any way you apply this mascara should give you beautiful results though.
Beautiful results, like defined, full lashes that nearly touch my brow bone. Impresseddd. Revlon says two coats of this mascara will give "100% more magnified, multiplied, amplified lashes". Normally I wouldn't agree with such a claim, but when I was showing my boyfriend the difference between my natural lashes and my lashes with PhotoReady 3D, he said "they look 100% better." No, he didn't read the packaging. So maybe this claim is legit, or he was just being nice, but I'd like to think it's for reals.
Though this mascara has "volume" in the name, I feel like this gives me more length than volume. I mean I get a substantial amount of volume, but I feel like the length I get from it is more noticeable. What I don't notice is this mascara being shiny or reflective in any way, so I'm not buying the "magnified lashes claim".
This mascara lasts very well, even through 9 hour work days this mascara doesn't flake or smudge at all. Today I wore it for 13 hours and it was still perfect when I took it off. PhotoReady 3D is slightly difficult to remove, but nothing an oil based makeup remover can't take care of. This isn't "pull your lashes" out difficult to remove or anything. *side glance at Maybelline Falsies*
Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume mascara is my new favorite and I highly recommend it. Just two coats give me beautiful lashes that could almost pass as fake. I love the easy application, interesting brush, and very sleek packaging. I'd repurchase this mascara if I could get if for half price or if I had a coupon. I might even shell out for it full price, but probably not. I'm too cheap. D=

on 4/23/2012 2:37:00 PM

gloppy, liquidy, awful! trashed.