October 25, 2014 | 1492 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is pretty good. I don't know about it being 3D, but it does give a very nice length. The color is good and the brush is amazing. The brush reminds me of Benefit's They're Real. Check out my photos (I'm wearing purplish eyeshadow).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Very good dupe for they're real by benefit. The brush is awesome and the formula gives no-clump length and volume. For sure this is among the very best DS mascara. One star off for minimal flaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara us the latest addition to their very popular, and growing line; PhotoReady, and also their newest mascara. The formula is supposedly reflection, giving the appearance of longer, more abundant lashes. PhotoReady 3D is available in 3 shades, and does not appear to have a waterproof version. Revlon makes no mention of this mascara being ophthalmologist tested, or safe for wear with contact lenses, so be weary if you have sensitive eyes. Revlon products are not tested on animals. This product was made in the USA of domestic and imported ingredients. I purchased my tube at Rite Aid for $4.99 on sale, but this mascara will normally run you about $10.
I really love Revlon packaging in general packaging in general, and I'll do my best not to go on a rant about how lovely the packaging for PhotoReady 3D is. This mascara's packaging is sleek. A square, matte tube with a silver metallic cap. The base of the cap features a glossy black bit with "Revlon" written on it. The tube doesn't offer much information on the product, but it still has more than your average tube of mascara. I just love how sleek and functional Revlon packaging is. It's both modern and elegant. They definitely have the best packaging on the drugstore level. I'll stop now.
According to Revlon, the brush has a "special lash accentuating tip that reaches every lash to provide dimension to the extreme". That means it has a rounded tip. The brush has plastic bristles that are short and pretty dense. The brush doesn't taper or curve at all, it just suddenly comes to a rounded tip. The round tip really does come in handy for coating the inner lashes, as well as the bottom ones.
PhotoReady 3D is a very easy to apply mascara. The brush glides through the lashes. To apply this mascara, I use a combination of sweeping and wiggling motions. To elaborate, I sweep from the roots to the middle of the lashes, then wiggle my way upwards, to achieve best results for my lashes. Everyone's lashes are different so that technique may not be best for you. Any way you apply this mascara should give you beautiful results though.
Beautiful results, like defined, full lashes that nearly touch my brow bone. Impresseddd. Revlon says two coats of this mascara will give "100% more magnified, multiplied, amplified lashes". Normally I wouldn't agree with such a claim, but when I was showing my boyfriend the difference between my natural lashes and my lashes with PhotoReady 3D, he said "they look 100% better." No, he didn't read the packaging. So maybe this claim is legit, or he was just being nice, but I'd like to think it's for reals.
Though this mascara has "volume" in the name, I feel like this gives me more length than volume. I mean I get a substantial amount of volume, but I feel like the length I get from it is more noticeable. What I don't notice is this mascara being shiny or reflective in any way, so I'm not buying the "magnified lashes claim".
This mascara lasts very well, even through 9 hour work days this mascara doesn't flake or smudge at all. Today I wore it for 13 hours and it was still perfect when I took it off. PhotoReady 3D is slightly difficult to remove, but nothing an oil based makeup remover can't take care of. This isn't "pull your lashes" out difficult to remove or anything. *side glance at Maybelline Falsies*
Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume mascara is my new favorite and I highly recommend it. Just two coats give me beautiful lashes that could almost pass as fake. I love the easy application, interesting brush, and very sleek packaging. I'd repurchase this mascara if I could get if for half price or if I had a coupon. I might even shell out for it full price, but probably not. I'm too cheap. D=

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by poppely

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

gloppy, liquidy, awful! trashed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by violet27

This is just kind of OK. Staying power is not great - definitely had a little big of the raccoon undereyes by the end of the day. Kind of pricey for what it is - I'm happy ponying up $10-$12 extra dollars for mascara that lasts longer and has more of a wow factor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urgh. What to say about this mascara? It's nothing special. These stupid mascaras and their crazy names and crazy falsified advertising ....I only picked this up because I haven't bought mascara in SO long and had NO idea how to navigate all the offerings, and this was the least gaudy in terms of packaging, lol. It was a waste of money - not because it's terrible, but because it doesn't do much. It coats my lashes alright, but gives zero volume, zero curling, very little additional length. It's liquidy so it applies okay, but it's annoying having sparse lashes poking out all spindly looking. Much better for lower lashes. Pretty wimpy, very 'natural' looking [I'm not looking for 'natural' if I'm applying goopy stuff to my eyelashes] On the upside, doesn't flake.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was in the market for a new mascara and I normally don't shy away from Lash Blast, but figured since Revlon's cosmetics were BOGO 50% off at Walgreens, I had to try this. Now let's be honest, you won't get the same lashes that Olivia Wilde has in their ad campaigns for this mascara, but I do feel like this gives me good separation, lift and gives my lashes enough "oomph" and volume. I feel that this mascara is comparable to my beloved Lash Blast and I do like it a tad better. It doesn't flake or smudge and it lasts ALL DAY on me. I wore it from 6:30am-9:30pm and my lashes still looked pretty good, even after working out in the hot sun most of the day. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is the packaging is somewhat bulky and it gets dirty easily, but that is something I can overlook because I do like this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Great for lengthening, but I'm continuously frustrated by drugstore mascaras having really misleading names. More on that below. If you like lengthening mascaras, you will probably like this. The brush is great and it's one of the only mascaras I've ever owned that makes it easy to apply the product to the lower lashes. I usually skip applying to them at all, but this made it easy. ~$10 might be a little steep, but drugstores have sales so often you can get it for much less; when I bought it, I got 4 Revlon products that were buy 1, get one 50% off, plus I had a $5 off Revlon CVS coupon, plus I had a $5 beauty club coupon. I ended up paying only $13 for four items that normally would total over $30. It did not make my lashes feel hard or crunchy. Lastly, the packaging looks really nice. Revlon is stepping it up.

Cons:
While it gave good length and didn't clump at all, it really wasn't volumizing. Some people also might not like that the formula is liquidy because you do need to wipe the end of the brush a little, but I had no problems with it. It didn't smudge and actually dried very quickly once on. I think the liquidy consistency is to "blame" for the very natural lengthening look - it creates very thin, realistic fibers from your lashes. But this also is probably what makes it suck at volumizing.

Overall, I would likely buy this again. Even though I wasn't wowed necessarily, it's the perfect mascara for quick, easy, and natural-looking application. I just knock one star off because this wasn't the kind of product I was hoping for based on the labels.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

when i first tried this on i thought it was a little too wet. but after using it for a week it dried just enough to make it perfect. no clumps, long lashes, medium thickness. this mascara is very much like Lancome or clinique. very good for half the price. very natural looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

formula is wet takes a while to dry and it dries crunchy, no volume, LOTS of length but...skimpy length b/c it makes you lashes look very unatural and spidery :/ sad buy i would NOT buy again and would not recommend