November 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cbm618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very wet formula. Gave great length and definition. A second layer gives a fuller look. Best to curl lashes before you apply so they don't get weighed down.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Finally a drugstore mascara that I actually like, hurrah! I've been on a quest to find the perfect mascara for years, and I've just never found the perfect mascara - but this one actually comes pretty close. I have blonde, thin, straight, barely there lashes and this mascara makes them beautiful, thick, and long. The brush is great, the formula is perfect, I don't even need to curl my lashes (which is WEIRD for me), and the price is just right. I'll definitely keep buying this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lizzietoast

I bought this mascara yesterday, and I returned it today. I was really interested to try the brush because it seemed so popular. When I applied it, the formula was VERY watery and not thick enough to hold your lashes. The brush worked well, but it was the formula that was bad. If you have thick lashes already and only want length, then I would recommend this...but if you are dont SAVE YOUR MONEY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is pretty good. I don't know about it being 3D, but it does give a very nice length. The color is good and the brush is amazing. The brush reminds me of Benefit's They're Real. Check out my photos (I'm wearing purplish eyeshadow).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Very good dupe for they're real by benefit. The brush is awesome and the formula gives no-clump length and volume. For sure this is among the very best DS mascara. One star off for minimal flaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara us the latest addition to their very popular, and growing line; PhotoReady, and also their newest mascara. The formula is supposedly reflection, giving the appearance of longer, more abundant lashes. PhotoReady 3D is available in 3 shades, and does not appear to have a waterproof version. Revlon makes no mention of this mascara being ophthalmologist tested, or safe for wear with contact lenses, so be weary if you have sensitive eyes. Revlon products are not tested on animals. This product was made in the USA of domestic and imported ingredients. I purchased my tube at Rite Aid for $4.99 on sale, but this mascara will normally run you about $10.
I really love Revlon packaging in general packaging in general, and I'll do my best not to go on a rant about how lovely the packaging for PhotoReady 3D is. This mascara's packaging is sleek. A square, matte tube with a silver metallic cap. The base of the cap features a glossy black bit with "Revlon" written on it. The tube doesn't offer much information on the product, but it still has more than your average tube of mascara. I just love how sleek and functional Revlon packaging is. It's both modern and elegant. They definitely have the best packaging on the drugstore level. I'll stop now.
According to Revlon, the brush has a "special lash accentuating tip that reaches every lash to provide dimension to the extreme". That means it has a rounded tip. The brush has plastic bristles that are short and pretty dense. The brush doesn't taper or curve at all, it just suddenly comes to a rounded tip. The round tip really does come in handy for coating the inner lashes, as well as the bottom ones.
PhotoReady 3D is a very easy to apply mascara. The brush glides through the lashes. To apply this mascara, I use a combination of sweeping and wiggling motions. To elaborate, I sweep from the roots to the middle of the lashes, then wiggle my way upwards, to achieve best results for my lashes. Everyone's lashes are different so that technique may not be best for you. Any way you apply this mascara should give you beautiful results though.
Beautiful results, like defined, full lashes that nearly touch my brow bone. Impresseddd. Revlon says two coats of this mascara will give "100% more magnified, multiplied, amplified lashes". Normally I wouldn't agree with such a claim, but when I was showing my boyfriend the difference between my natural lashes and my lashes with PhotoReady 3D, he said "they look 100% better." No, he didn't read the packaging. So maybe this claim is legit, or he was just being nice, but I'd like to think it's for reals.
Though this mascara has "volume" in the name, I feel like this gives me more length than volume. I mean I get a substantial amount of volume, but I feel like the length I get from it is more noticeable. What I don't notice is this mascara being shiny or reflective in any way, so I'm not buying the "magnified lashes claim".
This mascara lasts very well, even through 9 hour work days this mascara doesn't flake or smudge at all. Today I wore it for 13 hours and it was still perfect when I took it off. PhotoReady 3D is slightly difficult to remove, but nothing an oil based makeup remover can't take care of. This isn't "pull your lashes" out difficult to remove or anything. *side glance at Maybelline Falsies*
Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume mascara is my new favorite and I highly recommend it. Just two coats give me beautiful lashes that could almost pass as fake. I love the easy application, interesting brush, and very sleek packaging. I'd repurchase this mascara if I could get if for half price or if I had a coupon. I might even shell out for it full price, but probably not. I'm too cheap. D=

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by poppely

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

gloppy, liquidy, awful! trashed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by violet27

This is just kind of OK. Staying power is not great - definitely had a little big of the raccoon undereyes by the end of the day. Kind of pricey for what it is - I'm happy ponying up $10-$12 extra dollars for mascara that lasts longer and has more of a wow factor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urgh. What to say about this mascara? It's nothing special. These stupid mascaras and their crazy names and crazy falsified advertising ....I only picked this up because I haven't bought mascara in SO long and had NO idea how to navigate all the offerings, and this was the least gaudy in terms of packaging, lol. It was a waste of money - not because it's terrible, but because it doesn't do much. It coats my lashes alright, but gives zero volume, zero curling, very little additional length. It's liquidy so it applies okay, but it's annoying having sparse lashes poking out all spindly looking. Much better for lower lashes. Pretty wimpy, very 'natural' looking [I'm not looking for 'natural' if I'm applying goopy stuff to my eyelashes] On the upside, doesn't flake.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was in the market for a new mascara and I normally don't shy away from Lash Blast, but figured since Revlon's cosmetics were BOGO 50% off at Walgreens, I had to try this. Now let's be honest, you won't get the same lashes that Olivia Wilde has in their ad campaigns for this mascara, but I do feel like this gives me good separation, lift and gives my lashes enough "oomph" and volume. I feel that this mascara is comparable to my beloved Lash Blast and I do like it a tad better. It doesn't flake or smudge and it lasts ALL DAY on me. I wore it from 6:30am-9:30pm and my lashes still looked pretty good, even after working out in the hot sun most of the day. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is the packaging is somewhat bulky and it gets dirty easily, but that is something I can overlook because I do like this mascara!