September 3, 2014 | 1016 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Great for lengthening, but I'm continuously frustrated by drugstore mascaras having really misleading names. More on that below. If you like lengthening mascaras, you will probably like this. The brush is great and it's one of the only mascaras I've ever owned that makes it easy to apply the product to the lower lashes. I usually skip applying to them at all, but this made it easy. ~$10 might be a little steep, but drugstores have sales so often you can get it for much less; when I bought it, I got 4 Revlon products that were buy 1, get one 50% off, plus I had a $5 off Revlon CVS coupon, plus I had a $5 beauty club coupon. I ended up paying only $13 for four items that normally would total over $30. It did not make my lashes feel hard or crunchy. Lastly, the packaging looks really nice. Revlon is stepping it up.

Cons:
While it gave good length and didn't clump at all, it really wasn't volumizing. Some people also might not like that the formula is liquidy because you do need to wipe the end of the brush a little, but I had no problems with it. It didn't smudge and actually dried very quickly once on. I think the liquidy consistency is to "blame" for the very natural lengthening look - it creates very thin, realistic fibers from your lashes. But this also is probably what makes it suck at volumizing.

Overall, I would likely buy this again. Even though I wasn't wowed necessarily, it's the perfect mascara for quick, easy, and natural-looking application. I just knock one star off because this wasn't the kind of product I was hoping for based on the labels.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

when i first tried this on i thought it was a little too wet. but after using it for a week it dried just enough to make it perfect. no clumps, long lashes, medium thickness. this mascara is very much like Lancome or clinique. very good for half the price. very natural looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

formula is wet takes a while to dry and it dries crunchy, no volume, LOTS of length but...skimpy length b/c it makes you lashes look very unatural and spidery :/ sad buy i would NOT buy again and would not recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by missmegan07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard a lot of great things about this mascara, and let me say that they were all true! It makes my little lashes huge, volumized, and not clumpy at all! It does everything that I want a mascara to do. It lengthens, adds volume, and defines each little lash! I would definitely say this is one of my favorite mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by xojazzylove

This is the best mascara. It really volumizes my lashes and it lenghtens them (even though it dosent specify that). It does not clump or flake off wich I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have recently become really critical and picky of the mascaras I have. Over the holidays, I bought the Sephora Lash Stash, and wasn't too impressed with any of the mascaras (even though I really seemed to like the Fairydrops mascara). One day, I had heard Amarixe, from Youtube, talking about this mascara and how much she loved it. I usually tend to like the same things that she does, so I bought the mascara having high hopes. And it delivered!! The formula doesn't clump my lashes and it's the only non-waterproof mascara I've found that can hold the curl in my lashes. I have naturally very straight lashes, so most mascaras can't hold them up well enough. This is one of the few that could. I love synthetic brushes as well, so this was perfection. I normally switch mascaras everyday, but I've found myself consistently reaching for this one. I think this may be my HG mascara!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the photoready line so for some reason I tried this, really wish I had not wasted my money though, it sucks. I have super light sparse lashes, I always wear a lengthening primer before any mascara so it's pretty hard for a mascara to suck over a primer but this one sure did. Formula is thin and wimpy, didn't give me any fullness or length really, I can't imagine how hideous it would be on non primered lashes. I guess this could be used for a "natural " look but to me that is so not what the name photoready 3d is selling. It didn't clump or flake though, that much credit I will have to give it. I'd never buy this again and wish I could return it or something, money is tight for fun purchases like make up for me, I so wish I had read the reviews here before buying impulsively. Very disappointing product...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by StephanieZamazing

Really like this mascara! I can get every lash. Just have to make sure and wipe off the tip. The formula is a lil thin for me, but thatll fix itself. Also love the HUGE brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like my lashes long, full and well defined and this delivers pretty well. The formula is wet enough to pull multiple coats through but not so wet that it smudges. The brush picks up too much product on the end so it has to be wiped off, but I like the bristles at the end as they help coat every lash. The tube has a lightly rubberized feel and it closes with kind of a click so you know it's screwed on tight. This isn't earth shattering or anything but it's a very decent everyday mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Moonblooms

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara initially because the chart in the drugstore said it gave super dramatic volume. I used it alone the first time and wasn't wildly impressed, but the more I used it the more I fall in love. This mascara is sublime! Super pigmented, such a smooth clump free formula, awesome brush. The only real drawback is that it doesn't voluminous like it says it does, but the length it gives your lashes is incredible. Pair it with your favorite volumizing mascara and it gives you big, stunning doll lashes. Nuts about this product. The packaging is very attractive too. :)