April 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off... I love the brush! It doesn't usually come out of the tube with too much product, and separates nicely. I may expect too much out of my mascaras though, because it does lengthen them a bit, but I didn't notice much in the way of curl or volume.
It feels a little pricey for a drugstore mascara; it is probably worth it if you find good coupons or deals at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jasminejones2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is allright, i would say i am very impressed with the packaging, but i can say that the brush is realllllly big..almost too big. i love the mascara, its kool for a natural look..but it makes my lashes a lil bit too stringy and weird.! but overalll great mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this from a local drugstore for about 8.99 which I think is a reasonable price for a drugstore mascara if not a little pricey, but then again, what isnt expensive these days? Tried it out for the first time, I like it! Not like holy grail status, but it gave my really nice length which is exactly what I look for in a mascara. It doesn't hold up an initial curl for me though, I need to curl again after the mascara has dried, but I really havent found a mascara that does hold up my curl except the Falsies and that makes my eyelashes fall out if I use it for a long period.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used, this does not add volume, maybe some length. The formula is very wet and the wand is hard to work with, the ball on the end does nothing b/c it just gets filled up with product. Do not waste your money on this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I don't have any issues with flaking or smudges. I don't tend to have oily lids or touch my eyes during the day, and I don't have sensitive eyes. I do wear contacts and glasses, so any mascara that flakes will show up. This gives light weight lift and equal volume with length. I have healthy lashes, and today I got some dramatic results from it. I used 2-3 coats and noticed it dries quickly, but it isn't as wet of a formula as I was told. It holds a decent curl and doesn't feel crunchy or spidery. The blackest black shade is dark enough, but not as sooty black as L'oreal carbon black mascaras. I'm going to purchase this again because my lashes feel so light and not weighed down by mascara. I cannot even remember a mascara that felt so light!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, for a mascara meant for pumping up and thickening your lashes...it doesn't thicken my lashes. A mascara with 'volume' in the title and yet I get no volume! I just get average results.

Volume:
As I mentioned above, no volume. Or if it does look thick, it's because my eyeliner is doing a great job of tricking one's eye to believe I have a fuller set of lashes. But this review isn't for eyeliner so....

Length:
Surprisingly, I did get a decent amount of length from this mascara. Not amazing lengthening results, but I'd definitely say this makes my lashes look longer than thicker.

Formula/Color:
It's been a month and the formula is still quite wet. I'm used to mascaras drying out a bit, which can be quite beneficial because majority of the time drier formulas make my lashes look much better. The wet formulas tend to clump easier. And I do believe this is happening here. It's not a clumpy mess but I see gaps. Not gaps from seperation, it's hard to explain but this makes my lashes look sparser than they really are. Not a cute look. This formula makes the lashes more glossy and slick rather than dry and 'crumbly' so that's a plus atleast.

As for color, I have the darkest shade of black. Probably my most positive aspect of this review, it's a very nice shade and does deepen my lashes wonderfully. No skimping on color here.

Packaging/Price:
I paid about $10 for this. That seems kinda pricy to me, I could of saved a few bucks by going with Maybelline or L'Oreal, or spend $15 on my hg mascara, Clinique's High Impact. This is quite a regretful purchase. The packaging does interesting, it looks trendy or modern in it's own right but a bit bulky as well. The wand slightly reminds me of L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes which I *heart*, but didn't supply the same or similar results. So I do believe formula is the main reason this mascara is a fail for me.

This was my first Revlon mascara, and unfortunately it did not leave a good impression. Sorry Revlon!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I was hoping that since the brush is alot like chanel's inimitable that this would be similar and it is pretty close. I get lots of lashes and lots of thick long lashes. I just dont like how this flakes all over my face throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by JenniaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Over all a good mascara. Looks natural, but definitely make the lashes look longer and fluffier.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Debi3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this the first time I used it. I thought it just put on such a sheer coat and did not lenghten. I tried it again, and I went back and put a second coat on after finishing both eyes and it made such a difference. I have never been able to do that without all my lashes sticking together like spider legs. I have not so thick lashes and not so long lashes, and while I think this lengthens about as much as I have ever gotten with any other mascara, I like that it thickens them up without clumping. I do have to brush on about 10 strokes per eye to begin with, but that is what it takes no matter what mascara I use. If I have ever had a really thick mascara it clumps up unless I wipe almost all of it off in the container first. I don't have to do it with this, and it does not have fibers or tubes that come off to irritate my eyes like lash stiletto. If you have thick lashes to begin with it may not work as well, Maybe its just better on thin lashes and that's why some of the reviews haven't been as good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have yet to try a Revlon mascara that I liked and this one fell right into the category or Revlon epic fail mascaras for me. It did nothing positive for my lashes, but leave them stumpy, clumpy, drooping, and to add further insult flaked all day long. Seriously embarrassing and I even had a co-worker ask me what mascara I was using as she wanted to ensure she never purchased it. I have thrown this in the trash and if I could rate it zero I would.