August 27, 2014 | 1860 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

On me, Bad to the Bronze is a metallic deep taupe. I really like how shiny it makes my lids look and how I can slap it on with some mascara and look put together. The only thing I didn't like was how it creases on my almost every time after I would say four hours even if I apply primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good product for a drugstore cream eyeshadow.

I wore this daily when I first got it but I've since swapped this one - it was a bit too dark for me to wear on a daily basis to work.

The positives are that the staying power is pretty good and it does lasts all day. You get so
much product in one little pot.

However I find the texture quite difficult to work (because it isn't very smooth compared to other cream eyeshadows I have tried). Personally I much prefer the texture and colour selection of my NARS cream eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome stuff! I applied this on top of MAC soft ochre and it lasts until I take it off. Such a beautiful colour too by itself and as a base for MAC woodwinked and other bronze colour. Great for work and nights out.

To top it off, I got it at a 20% discount sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Unfortunately I can't seem to make this work for me. I've tried applying this with my fingers and with a brush and neither seems to give me a flawless application. Also this has some texture problems. It's too dense and doesn't blend well, even when I try working really quickly with it. This doesn't live up to its 24hr claim either - 3-4 hours of wear is the max for me. I wouldn't repurchase. I'd much rather purchase a MAC paint pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is magical! First of all, the colour is gorgeous and the pigmentation? Amazing! I just take a synthetic brush and swipe this over my lid and it literally stays on ALL day.

I have oily lids, so I use a primer underneath and this stuff doesn't move an inch. Super easy to blend and makes for a great, fast look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the easiest eye look ever! I swipe this on my lids in the morning, put on liner and mascara and my eye m/u is done! Stays on my very very oily lid without primer until the end of the day when i take it off, approximately 12-14 hours wear, slight creasing at the 11th or 12th hour. Creamy texture, applies evenly no patchiness..but can get a tad frosty if applied too much though..Doesnt budge once it sets. A lazy girl's bff.My m/u staple on lazy days....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I have only used this for a few weeks now... HOWEVER the things this shadow and i have been through, have proven to me that it is HG material! I have gone to the gym with this several times, no primer and was sweating and it did not crease what so ever. I also wear it as a base for my smokey eye look that i tend to go for whenever i go out. It lasts all night long! Also I love how much product comes in the compact, it will most definitely last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love all the Color Tattoo shades, but this shade is my go to for subtle, neutral looks. I love it, and I pair it with winged liner. It is lovely and really brings out the green in my eyes. The quality is excellent! It stays on all day and doesn't crease. It is more taupe, but that is what I adore about it. I love the color, the fact it is TRUE longwear, and the way I can use it for my versatile looks. Definitely love it and I have about four shades of the Color Tattoo. It is an excellent shadow and I would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It has been my go-to shadow for a couple of months now. It's a beautiful warm brown-bronze with gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't like flecks of glitter though; more like a frost/metallic sheen. The consistency is creamy (despite being densely packed in the jar) and very easy to blend (brushes and fingers). The first layer goes on a bit sheer but you can very easily build it up to a more opaque, more intensely-shimmery finish. I think it makes a nice base for other warm/taupe powder shadows too. It doesn't feel wet, greasy or sticky on my eyelids.

Without a primer, this does crease on me after a few hours (I have oily, hooded lids) but on primed skin, this does not budge. I think it looks so lovely by itself with some mascara; like if you want a nice, simple sheen and warm wash of color on your eyelids for an everyday look.

Great packaging. Similar to more expensive brands; round glass jar with a black screw top. It closes tightly and securely; the product doesn't seem to be drying out at all. I think the price is very good for the quality. I see it anywhere between USD$7 - $9.

I'm excited to try some of the newer colors. If you're a fan of MAC Paint Pots, you should give these a try. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by under2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! I would put it up against MAC paintpots anyday. I have oily eyelids that crease everything and this stuff stays put all day. It is a great base for other colors too. Will definitely continue to purchase!