August 28, 2014 | 1673 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by MissAanya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it. Price is not a factor as I'm all about product and packaging, overall, It's very good. I just like naked 1 better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I adore this ! I just bought it a week or so ago and I'm in love with it! I love all the shades and they apply so nicely. I like the packaging for this pallet better than the naked pallet, and the double sided brush is so useful! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I waited a long while to purchase this, because I thought I was too old for some of the colors on this palette, but there were two that I knew I would use.....once I bought it, I got adventurous, and began playing with some of the more shimmery ones....Fabulous colors and a ton of fun! Love getting creative with it, and even found a website that made me try the most shimmery colors....I was so surprised how much I loved it, even with my somewhat aging eye area! Check out this look....it is soooo beautiful! http://web.stagram.com/p/378412235585671395_19619019
It is a gorgeous easy to do look....I used the lighter and darker silver in the set instead of the color they used for the inner lid color, and it worked beautifully....it was a lot of fun to play with so many colors, and create such a fun look! Really glad I purchased it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by SELENECERVANTES

My pallet broke & the colors did not suit my completion what so ever ): however some colors were useable and they do look great , glid on smoothly , very pigmented ! Great product for lighter completions !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by JodieKay

I absolutely love my Naked 2 palette!

I got it for around 30, and with that many eye shadows at such a wonderful quality, it was an absolute bargain. Urban Decay makes the best eye shadows without a doubt, and I absolutely love my palette.

I use it every day. Sometimes I use it on my eyelids with my favourite UD Primer Potion in Sin (a very thin layer is all that's required, some people complain that it causes creasing but I have no problems) and the colours look beautiful. I mainly use it as an eyeliner for the bottom of my eyes, and my preferred shade is Snakebite.

I love Blackout, that makes a nice dramatic colour for when I'm looking to make an impact. Overall, the palette is extraordinary in quality and shades and I have used every single colour.

The lipgloss is amazing, that is definitely a standout for me. It's subtly plumping and smells gorgeous, and is just nice to put on when you don't want lipstick. The lipgloss isn't overly sticky, the consistency is perfect. Some people say they wish they'd just given a Primer Potion instead of the gloss, but I prefer the gloss since I own the potion already. However if I didn't own the potion I would have much preferred the UDPP as opposd to the gloss.

Now the packaging is a huge improvement from the original palette. It's durable, hard, and perfect for travelling. It looks better than the old packaging for the first Naked palette, and looks very pretty sitting on my dressing table.

I almost forgot - the brush! I use both ends of the brush regularly, it's very good quality and I'm glad they added that.

I would really recommend this. Anyone who has doubts, forget them now! This thing is the mother of all eyeshadows. Go Urban Decay for creating yet another spectacular addition to my cosmetics collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Jromeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great shadow palette! Love the colors and finishes to these shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by laurelhinche

I own the naked 1 and I then bought the naked 2 to test it out. 50 dollars later I realized the naked 2 pallete is almost exactly the original naked pallete but just with a small color difference in the colors. The only original thing about the naked 2 paellete is the matte black which is gorgeous. For those out there who own both take a closer look and you'll see the similarities very quickly. If you own 1 of them there really is no need to buy the other. I do love the quality of the eye shadow and the colors but having both is just a waste. Great product but not original!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by elenaaax

I love this palette! I don't have the Naked 1 palette, but since I heard many good reviews on the Naked 2, I decided to buy it. The price of it here is around $80. Where I live, many drugstore and high end makeup brands are a bit more pricey than in the US, however, it is worth the price. I received this palette on my birthday from my mom. I don't typically use eyeshadow everyday, the most makeup I wear to school is bb cream, mascara and chapstick or lipstick. Since I dance, I use this palette for shows, if I don't like how the makeup people do my eyeshadow. The packaging of this product is amazing, I love the wide mirror, and the brush that it comes with is great. My favorite colors in the palette are foxy, bootycall, suspect, and tease. My least favorites are YDK and Pistol, just because I don't use them as much and the others. I found that YDK has an extreme amount of fallout, because of the size of the glitter in the shadow. Piston is a darker color than I usually go for. I also love the lipgloss that came with the palette, it smells like peppermint and has a very nice sheer color with a shimmer. Overall, this palette is probably my favorite makeup product that I own (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

And then there were 2..... Naked palettes that is.

Because I loved the fist palette so much, I rushed to get the second one and it was released, and while I love the colours and the quality of the shadows (as much as the first) in Naked 2 I gravitate toward the first one more.

The reason I tend to reach for the first more is due to the types of shadows. While I can make several eye looks with each palette, the shadows in the first one a little warmer toned which I am drawn to over more cooler toned shadows.

The packaging of this product I actually like more because I feel that the design of the case is sleek and I like that it is made of plastic. I also like that the mirror on the inside is bigger.

Overall, if I could only buy one of these palettes, I would pick the first one. While the shadows themselves are fairly similar and can create similar looks, Naked 1 has warmer toned shadows which I tend to enjoy more. So really, it's all about personal preference. The quality of the shadows in both palettes are the same, so you really can't pick the wrong one in that sense.

Hope this helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

I recently realized that I have a LOT of eyeshadow palettes. So, why would I buy another one? Well, I know this sounds silly, but I mainly bought this to see what the hype around UD's Naked palettes was all about.

To begin with, this palette is beautiful and UD makes really nice eeshadows (creamy with good staying power). The price-to-quality ratio is high; 12 shadows and a bonus lip gloss for $50 is a steal with UD selling individual shadows for $18/ea. Granted, you don't get the same amount of shadow in each pan, but overall, a good deal. FYI - I never use the lipgloss, I don't like sticky lipglosses, although it is a nice YLBB shade.

My issue with this palette is the 20/80 rule: I use 20% of the shadows 80% of the time. For example, the primary color that I use is YDK, a perfect shimmery brown that is sexy yet day appropriate at the same time. YDK is the only shadow where I've hit pan; after that, Foxy and Bootycall are my favorite shades as highlighters. Tease is a lovely matte brown lid color, particularly so as one of the only matte shadows in the palette. Blackout makes a great liner with subtle gold flecks in it. I've used the other colors probably once or twice each, that's it. Maybe I need to go to a makeup artist to see what other fun looks I could achieve with this palette. Since I don't use 60% of the colors in this palette, it turns out to be quite bulky for travel (it is the size of a large pencil case!). As a girl who values practicality, I often wonder if iI would not be better served by the UD Naked Basics palette.

For the sake of comparison, I've compared this with my sister's original Naked palette, and if you're a girl that prefers pretty neutrals & golds like me, Naked 2 is your palette. Overall, this is a really nice eyeshadow palette that provides good bang for your buck, even if it doesn't quite live up to the hype.