August 1, 2014 | 994 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally these didn't work for me. Although I've never been a fan of sheer lip products and high shine balms, I thought I'd try these because of the great reviews they received. I have creme brule and peach parfait. I gave peach parfait to my younger sister after wearing it once. It is more of a pinkish colour than a peach on my lips and there was a lot of glitter in it which felt almost gritty when applying. The overall effect was really young and cheap. Creme brule was slightly better and I have kept this one because I really want to like it. It's a pale nude. Because its sheer and glossy its far less scary and more wearable than a highly pigmented matte nude. I usually dab this on with my finger though, as applying straight from the bullet can look really alarmingly pale. Although it is shiny, its not sticky but I have noticed that after applying, it feels slightly suffocating and artificial on the lips for a few seconds. I got used to this sensation and it might not be the same for everyone but I really wouldn't say these are very moisturizing or hydrating. The formula does feel pretty cheap and I think they are overpriced for what they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Wild Watermelon and Berry Smoothie. Wild watermelon is the perfect summer shade! These lipbutters are not to heavy and slightly sheer which is great for every day use. The added moisture is a plus! I wish they would last a little bit longer than two hours on me, but I can't complain since these are comsidered to be more of a balm than a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Kagnew43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip formula :) it has a really good texture and it slides onto the lips very easily. It's really moisturising which is great as I tend to have quite dry lips. It has great pigmentation as well and transfers the colour brilliantly. Great range of colours, oh and did I mention...I love this product :) currently using the colour strawberry shortcake and it's great for everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Compared to the new Sally Hansen Colorfast balm crayons, I prefer these. There are WAY more colors, they smell yummier, and they have more pigment. The SH ones barely show up at all on me. Revlon's are more expensive, but not by much, plus there are usually coupons in the paper for them anyway. I like how I can just swipe these on without precision, sans mirror, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I love these!! I have Pink Truffle, Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon and a few others, but these 3 are my favorites!
I am a total lipstick junkie. I am used to wearing bright reds, and oranges (i have an NC35 skin tone) but they are always such a pain to wear because i usually have to wear lip liner, and they dry out my lips.
Lip butters are shiny, light and perfect for a a pop of color depending on which you get. These lipsticks don't offer full coverage, so you would not be able to get a bright bold lip with any of them, but you can still achieve a pop of color, without putting on any lipliner. They last about a couple hours but they are easy to apply. I would describe them as tinted chapstick!
I do enjoy them on days when i don't want to wear too much makeup but still want to look put together!
ps- sometimes they go on sale at Target and you can find them for about $6!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Everyone has been saying these products are over hyped and I would definitely agree on that however I still like the one I have a lot. I have the lip butter in Creme Brulee. It's a light beige nude. Perfect for every day natural lips. This was the only color that I really liked, the others were just something I could get somewhere else or nothing I haven't seen before. Ordinary mauves, reds and pinks but I've been wanting a beige nude for a while and got this. The texture is nice, smooth and creamy but because they called it a lip butter I expected it to be more moisturizing than it was. The finish is the thing I like the most, it's so glossy! You don't need a gloss overtop of it cause it already has that on it's own. Very nice finish. The lasting power was pretty poor, lasted about 2 hours or less on me. I had to reapply it a lot and felt like I was wasting the product a bit. The pigmentation was what I expected, light pigmentation, can be layered for more color but it's not gonna give you a lot of color no matter what you do cause it's just not that type of lip product. If it was about lasting color it wouldn't have the name that it has. So i expected it to be pretty sheer. It cost me 6 dollars at target which is reasonable to me. All in all, I would repurchase THIS color again for sure but I don't plan on venturing out into other shades cause I wasn't nuts about the rest and even if I was I would have to reapply it a a thousand times a day which is kind of wasteful.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kind of overhyped to be honest with you. I love good pigmentation when it comes to lipsticks, but i found this just too sheer. it is a bit like a lip gloss in a bullet if you ask me. For the extremely steep price of 22AUD, i was severely disappointing, especially after reading the glowing reviews here. then again, it may just be my shades. (creme brulee and cremsicle)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by haight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought these because they were highly recommended by a number of beauty sites and bloggers, and there was a good deal at CVS, so I ended up four (including Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle). I've had them for over a year now, and I just don't find myself reaching for them at all - they have a slight gritty texture, maybe because of the shimmer in some of the shades, and they aren't as moisturizing as I'd like them to be. If the sheerer colors were more like lip balm, then I'd forgive their lack of color, but a colorless, dry lip product is just not worth it for me. I've tried a Maybelline Color Whisper since then and it glides on so smoothly, with no grit, and has actual color, so those are what I wanted the lip butters to be. Wouldn't buy again, wish I hadn't bought four of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

I bought a few of these during the whole hype with the youtube gurus and these lip butters just dont work for me. I really really want to like these but I have incredibly dry lips so it takes a lot of moisturize my lips. I'll usually use it over my vaseline lip balm and it'll be a little better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by kenze

I cannot fathom why this product has good reviews. I made an account just to express my frustration with this product. I got the color "cupcake" which looked pretty and opaque in the packaging; however, as soon as I swiped it on, I almost recoiled from the hilarious, 90s shimmer that was left on my lips, and then burst into laughter. What even is this? It literally looked nothing like it did in the package, and again, the shimmer...How can that much glittery crap not show up in the tube and then somehow explode on your lips? Not only that, but because it's so chapstick-y in consistency, it comes right off the second you take a drink, give a smooch, or use a fork. This one is going right back to the store.