September 18, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

I really wanted to like these (and at first I did), but I just couldn't find a color that went well with my skin tone. I'm asian and I have tan skin (with a yellow undertone). I bought the lip butters in creamsicle, peach parfait, and sweet tart.

Creamsicle was way too light for me, peach parfait was a nice color but too sparkly and not wearable for school or work, and sweet tart is a nice bright color, but not what I wanted (I was hoping for a my-lips-but-better kind of shade).

I do like the texture and color payoff of these though. It's very moisturizing and since I don't really wear lipstick, it was a good product for a beginner like me. They add a light sheen of color, but nothing opaque, so it's easy to apply without a mirror. Also the packaging is really pretty and even though I don't use them they look nice on my vanity!

Overall, this is a decent product for the price, the only reason I didn't like it is because I couldn't find the right shade for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard good reviews on these lip butters and couldn't wait to try them out. I picked up #027 Juicy and #090 Sweet Tart. These have nice transparent lids and they match the lip color inside so you can see which is which at a glance. The little diamond pattern on the lid allows for a better grip and makes the top more manageable. The product swivels down fully into the bottom so it is protected when you recap this. I love that feature! It glides on smoothly and feels moisturizing and soft and not at all sticky or drying. I tried out Juicy first which is a pretty peachy coral shade. It was so sheer though and the wash of color was so minimal that I may as well not have had applied it. Not quite the look I was going for. Hmmm, well then on to the second one Sweet Tart. It's a pretty pink that also applies well. It is also sheer but seems to have a bit more tint to it as I can actually see a rose color on my lips after using it.These both look very natural and if you are going for an I'm not wearing makeup look, then this is the right product for you. These are both nice for summer and I will be happy t use them up, as there are times I don't want a made up look but still want to wear make up. I would buy the pink one again, but I would probably skip the peach one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Msmonipenni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my regular beauty blog reads had a little blurbed about this range. I saw a Boots deal, 3 for 2 offer and thought I would give it a go - as I have never really been a big fan of Revlon in general. But I can safely say, I am a fan of their Lip Butters. I gave the Wild Watermelon, Tutti Frutti and Strawberry Shortcake a try first. The Wild Watermelon gives a lovely glossy pinky red stain (like you've just eaten a cherry ice-lolly) and is great for everyday wear - I've been using almost everyday! Tutti Frutti is another goodie, as it adds a suptle peachy glow to your lips. My lips are sadly a bit too similar in colour to Strawberry Shortcake so it doesn't look like I have anything on - so I guess great for a nude look if that's what you're after? The finish isn't at all sticky and it really does moisturise (without feeling like you've got a layer of glycerine on your lips). Definitely going to be staple to my summer routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is only for the colors, as I had a hard time finding good shades for my pigmented lips and NC44 skin.

With all shades, the product isn't pigmented enough to cover uneven liptone.

My favorites:
Cherry Tart-Medium/dark pink with shimmer. Shimmer isn't really visible on the lips. A nice everyday color.
Tutti Fruti-A beautiful pinky orange coral that is perfect for summer.

Colors that didn't work:
Pink Truffle - A pinkish brown shade that is too natural looking and washed me out, especially because I don't wear much eye or cheek makeup.
Sweet Tart - On my pigmented lips, this applied as a cool-toned hot pink that was almost lavender. Not flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xocen

These are my absolute favorite lip colors ever! Lipsticks tend to dry out my lips but these are like a HIGHLY pigmented chapstick. They go on so smooth and are so moisturizing! I want one in every color!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally these didn't work for me. Although I've never been a fan of sheer lip products and high shine balms, I thought I'd try these because of the great reviews they received. I have creme brule and peach parfait. I gave peach parfait to my younger sister after wearing it once. It is more of a pinkish colour than a peach on my lips and there was a lot of glitter in it which felt almost gritty when applying. The overall effect was really young and cheap. Creme brule was slightly better and I have kept this one because I really want to like it. It's a pale nude. Because its sheer and glossy its far less scary and more wearable than a highly pigmented matte nude. I usually dab this on with my finger though, as applying straight from the bullet can look really alarmingly pale. Although it is shiny, its not sticky but I have noticed that after applying, it feels slightly suffocating and artificial on the lips for a few seconds. I got used to this sensation and it might not be the same for everyone but I really wouldn't say these are very moisturizing or hydrating. The formula does feel pretty cheap and I think they are overpriced for what they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Wild Watermelon and Berry Smoothie. Wild watermelon is the perfect summer shade! These lipbutters are not to heavy and slightly sheer which is great for every day use. The added moisture is a plus! I wish they would last a little bit longer than two hours on me, but I can't complain since these are comsidered to be more of a balm than a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Kagnew43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip formula :) it has a really good texture and it slides onto the lips very easily. It's really moisturising which is great as I tend to have quite dry lips. It has great pigmentation as well and transfers the colour brilliantly. Great range of colours, oh and did I mention...I love this product :) currently using the colour strawberry shortcake and it's great for everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Compared to the new Sally Hansen Colorfast balm crayons, I prefer these. There are WAY more colors, they smell yummier, and they have more pigment. The SH ones barely show up at all on me. Revlon's are more expensive, but not by much, plus there are usually coupons in the paper for them anyway. I like how I can just swipe these on without precision, sans mirror, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I love these!! I have Pink Truffle, Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon and a few others, but these 3 are my favorites!
I am a total lipstick junkie. I am used to wearing bright reds, and oranges (i have an NC35 skin tone) but they are always such a pain to wear because i usually have to wear lip liner, and they dry out my lips.
Lip butters are shiny, light and perfect for a a pop of color depending on which you get. These lipsticks don't offer full coverage, so you would not be able to get a bright bold lip with any of them, but you can still achieve a pop of color, without putting on any lipliner. They last about a couple hours but they are easy to apply. I would describe them as tinted chapstick!
I do enjoy them on days when i don't want to wear too much makeup but still want to look put together!
ps- sometimes they go on sale at Target and you can find them for about $6!