Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 4.00 % - TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.37 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - DIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXILETHYL DIMETHICONE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE/SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER - DIMETHICONOL/METHYLSILANOL/SILICATE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - STEARIC ACID - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - ALUMINA - VP/VA COPOLYMER - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - ALGIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - BHT - CITRONELLOL - SERINE - XANTHAN GUM - SODIUM STEARATE - ATELOCOLLAGEN - ZINC GLUCONATE - SODIUM HYALURONATE - SODIUM CHLORIDE. [ /-: CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE) - CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]. N 06069/A

on 10/5/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

The color match for this, and other Dior foundations are just all wrong for me. Im between a MAC NC25-30 with extreme cool/olive undertones. Medium Beige 030 is slightly too dark for me and looks orange, and Linen 021 is too light. Light Beige 020 is the wrong undertone for my skin, being extremely cool toned it seems to pull pink on me so I ran outta options. The coverage on this foundation is nice, but it does seem cakey, especially if you are looking to build coverage on spots or imperfections. I am more of a dry skin type so that could be why it cakes on me with the longwear properties. I think this foundation would be great though on someone with normal to oily skin and someone who has a neutral skin undertone that can get the foundations to match them, hence the 3 rating. I also personally do not like the perfumey smell Dior foundations possess, but I know that would bother some people, but it was a lil much for me....overall though it seems like it would be a good product if your skin is right for it.

on 10/5/2012 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EDIT:
I have come back to re-review this. It's a great go-to foundation for something with a perfect coverage, long lasting and beautiful finish but it is quite powdery when it sets and I think in the end this contributes to my skin ending up drier, therefore I switched to Chantecaille for a bit more money and have something really hydrating. Very dry product!

on 10/4/2012 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is an amazing foundation. Have just tried it for formal events and going out and i could not be happier. I purchased tone 031 which matched my skin colour amazingly. It went on so smooth on top of primer and blended perfect. Although it is a little pricey i would not use it for everyday makeup but it is sure great for going out. It is long wearing and has a great matte finish with out looking cakey.
one of the best foundations ever!

on 9/23/2012 12:27:00 PM

have to say after a month of use now there are some things that bother me. I prefer using my makeup brushes to apply foundation and found that this foundation is very difficult to blend so i suppose its easier when you use your fingers- but who wants to do that when you own expensive kabuki and foundation brushes that end up just collecting dust! Alas hard to blend, i found that (cause i took a shade darker) this foundation is patchy. maybe if i took my shade i wouldnt notice as much. But cause it oxidizes a little bit which isnt majour drama i noticed if i put a little more foundation on my nose and cheeks to conceal i end up having a more orange nose and cheek area than the rest of my face? It is buildibale coverage but i naturally have pink cheeks-not severe, normal. But with this foundation my cheeks still come though which annoys me when im not going for that natural look. and when it comes to skin imperfections it hides none! u can see all your zits shine through with this. i think all in all, its a great foundation when its a great skin day. otherwise when my skin is dry and tired i just shows even more! but i did a little sample shopping again and found one i find better than dior. the givenchy photo perfection foundation. the colour range is a bit beige yellow, but fair skin tones 01 and 02 are pink based. im NW20 and number 04 and 05 look stunning even though they more neutral colours. i find pink actually makes my skin look too pink even though thats my undertone. but anyways, try givenchy out i find it fixes all these annoyances out that i have with Dior. oh and the finish is just stunning on photo perfection!! would i purchase dior again? maybe? maybe not.

on 9/22/2012 10:03:00 PM

I have been purchasing foundations for about 4 years now..the first time I decided to buy one, I thought might as well buy a good one so I went to a department store, tried one by Lancome and immediately got it. I have been buying ones by Lancome until I happen to have a friend that started working at Dior and so she made me try the Forever Fusion Liquid foundation, and I liked it ALOT more than the 3 I had previously purchased from Lancome..I just bought the 2nd bottle this weekend, I simply cannot live without it. Price is about the same as Lancome, $50ish; expensive but when you think about it its good as it lasts you about 7months..only downside is the fact that I cannot really tell when I am about to run out of it...

on 9/17/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I compared this to Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Foundation today, and although I was ready to be biased with Estee Lauder, I actually preferred this. I applied a LITTLE bit of Diorskin on one cheek, and a LOT of Invisible Fluid on the other. What I noticed was that even with the extra amount of product, Invisible Fluid did not have the same level of coverage. Not only did Diorskin have better coverage per drop, but it evened out my complexion without being at all obvious (Invisible Fluid did this too, but not to the same degree). Finally, the colour was slightly better, being more yellow than white, which was the reason I wanted to change from my old foundation. Then I asked an unrelated sales rep which side she preferred, and she pointed to the Diorskin. I'm happy about everything except one thing: the price.

on 9/13/2012 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation. IT IS AWESOME! Firstly, the packaging is great. I have always loved dior product packagin and this product is no exception. It comes in a frosted glass container which looks really pretty as part of my foundation collection. Secondly, the foundation itself is lovely. It is lightweight with buildable coverage and never looks cakey. I have dry skin and foundations tend to look cakey and emphasize my dry patches. However, this foundation never does that. The finish always looks good - between a matte and a shear. Overall, a really great product! I will be buying this foundation again when I finish the bottle I have now.

on 8/23/2012 1:00:00 AM

i'm in love w/ this foundation. it goes on smoothly, blends smoothly, & gives the most perfect coverage. it lasts my whole work day & although it's summer & i've got an oily t-zone, i don't get shiny! everything else looks great on top of it, too, like my blush, bronzer, etc. lots of compliments w/ this & i plan on using it for awhile!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only foundation I have ever been able to put on my face and not break out. it is partially drying however it lasts all day and maintains a medium coverage but still my skin looks flawless.
VERY expensive, but definitely worth it. Lasts a really long time. <333

I'm 34 years old and have been wearing makeup since middle school. I've tried at least 50 different foundations in my lifetime, some cheap, some expensive, and this is the first foundation I can say is truly perfect!

Diorskin Forever Flawless goes on smooth and coverage is medium to full. It feels insanely light on the skin but the coverage is amazing and the finish is beautiful! It's not shiny, but it's also not completely matte. My skin looks satiny and smooth when I wear this and it lasts all day.

You can apply with a brush, but I really love the finish and coverage I get when I applying with my fingers. It does not need a setting powder, but it does look lovely when I finish it with my Josie Maran Luminous Hydrating Liquid Powder.

If you've been on a lifelong search for the perfect foundation, this could be the end of your search. Definitely my HG - could be yours too!