November 26, 2014 | 930 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

This foundation is nice for special occasions and wearing for a night out but IMO it is far too heavy on the skin for everyday use as after about 4 hours it begins to feel very clogging and uncomfortable. It has a pretty good color match for my skin and provides a nice finish when I do wear it. I would rate it four stars for wearing for special occasions but as it is too heavy to wear everyday I have bumped it down to a three. I probably won't repurchase it next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in shade 2.1 and for reference I am around NC25. I have very oily skin (T-zone is more oily than cheeks) and acne-prone skin. I have mild redness and mild to moderate acne scars plus 1-2 active breakouts at all times on my skin. I have used up almost a whole bottle of this foundation now (lasted me about a year with 2 pumps everytime I use it- I probably used this foundation ~300 days of the year) so it has lasted me quite a while. The bottle comes with a pump, however, it can get messy if you don't clean off the tip. The liquid itself is medium-thick. I use one pump on one cheek and one more on the other since that is where I need coverage. Then I stipple in with my Sigma F80 brush and then blend and buff upward to my forehead, chin and neck.

The foundation itself has strong medium coverage when I use two pumps which I appreciate. This also has decent oil control. I find I do have to blot around 6 hours later. The staying power is also decent with about 10 hours wear before I notice it is fading. I always set my foundation with powder (Sephora Mattifying Powder in D22). I usually use a face spray also (Skindinavia Original). This combined has helped my foundation stay as long as it can and retain coverage.

Overall, I liked this foundation. However, recently I have tried a sample of Lancome's Teint Idole 24 hours and I found that one to be of higher coverage, better skin tone match, more natural blend and lasted better. I am always on the search for a high coverage, long lasting foundation to cover my imperfections.I will most likely not be repurchasing the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation because I want to try the Lancome one. However, this foundation does have its merits and is good for people who are semi-oily and want medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a foundation junkie but this one is fast becoming my HG. At first I thought the coverage was a little too thick for me so the next time I used it I blended in some of my moisturiser to thin it out: Perfect result!
I use Paulas Choice Shine Stopper as my mattifier/primer and I swear, this foundation doesn't move for at least 10 hours & that includes a fairly heavy gym workout.
Love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best foundation I've ever used. I was on the hunt for something new when I threw in the towel on Dior Skin Nude, which oxidized to a lovely orange/tan within a few hours of application. The saleswoman at Sephora recommended the Studio Skin when I told her that I wanted a long-lasting foundation for my mature skin with oily t-zone.

First I apply a primer - my favorite is MAC's Prep & Prime, but I'm using a sample of Hour Glass Mineral primer at the moment. Then, I apply the Studio Skin with a Sigma F80 brush. The trick is not to apply too much. I use the brush to dot-dot-dot all over my face. Then I use my damp Beauty Blender to smooth. This may sound like a lot of steps/trouble, but it isn't.

Then, I very lightly powder my t-zone with Elf's Correcting Powder (4 colors in the pan, but applies sheerly and colorless).

There isn't a ton of coverage but I don't want too much. I much prefer a light coverage rather than risk being cakey. It lasts all day on my skin, and I remove it with an oil cleanser (currently testing Sephora's cleansing oil), followed by a regular cleanser (currently using my favorite, Obagi Gentle Foaming Cleanser). This removes every trace. I only use my Clarisonic in the morning while showering, and there are never any traces of the product on that brush.

Why do I like this so much? Well, it might be that the color 1.2 is absolutely perfect for my skin at this time of year. I love the finish and the wear of the product and I love that with minimal effort I can create a smooth finish on my skin.

The only downside is that the product will stain my Sigma brush. The only remedy I've found is to wash with Dawn dish soap and a drop of alcohol. Oil would probably work, but I hesitate to put oil on my brushes.

Highly recommend you try a sample and see if this works for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by elizabethrice1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking to change from my MAC studio fix and a friend suggested this. I was so disappointed. I really wanted to love this product, but there was just NO coverage at all. The undertones seemed a lot orangy too. I'm still looking for something besides the studio fix because it doesn't stay on during the day. Beautiful in the morning but by 12 in the afternoon, my skin looks a mess! And I have decent skin. This may be good for those who like a light coverage. But I saw no coverage at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by alarma

I love this foundation. I have big pores on my nose and chin area and foundations have a hard time staying on those parts of my face and foundation tends to melt and slip. Not with this one, don't get me wrong, I do get glowy in the second part of the day but it looks nice and not greasy. I apply it over the Hanskin Super Plus BB cream which I use as my moisturizer and a primer (I notices that by itself Hanskin does not stay on my face for long, but under any foundation it prolongs the wear) and then use Smashbox 15 hour wear with a Sigma buffing brush. After which I dab the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder with the Elf Powder Brush and I'm good for the 17 hour day! Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Glitter82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got a sample of this foundation I was really excited to try it out. Primarly because the shade I chose had yellow undertones. The only foundation I've found with yellow undertones, the right yellow undertones, is the Dior forever extreme foundation that unfortunately is no longer available. Lovely texture and it covers so well. It managed to cover just about every blemish and discoloration I have. I was so impressed and came close to believing that this one just might deserve to replace my lovely Dior extreme. But unfortunately it dried my skin like nothing I've seen. This foundation is NOT hydrating. Ladies with dry skin beware. Because the formula is supposed to be a long lasting one it dries out your skin, that in turn irritates the skin even further. Will not buy again. It is not worth it. Two lippies for the many shades with yellow undertones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

After a long wait, Smashbox arrived in my country!

I ran out to test their products but I saw that their foundation, Studio Skin, got a good review here on MUA and I wanted to try it out.

This foundation is crazy thick and hard to blend. I can imagine it is supposed to be for a photoshoot or something like that but not to wear on daily basis. I felt as if it killed my skin, like my skin was choking under all that silicone and other ingredients!

However, it did hide most of my imperfections (but not as well as EL Dbl.Wear) and I looked good! After about 4 hours my skin was getting shiny (but I did powder over in the first place) and my pores looked enlarged.

I was so glad to come home and wash my face clean! I did not want to make my skin suffer anymore!!

After I washed it clean (twice) my skin was still feeling like it was closed? I felt uncomfortable. This of course turned into a breakout-mess and the foundation was returned.

Other foundations I have tried are Dior Forever, YSL Teint Resist, YSL Touche Eclat foundation, all MAC foundations, E.L. Double Wear and this.

But on my search for the perfect foundation I finally found a foundation I am in love with!

Diorskin Nude!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

Yikes, yikes and yikes. First I'll start with the good: great shade selection, good coverage, looooooong lasting and oil control. However, this is not for everyday use. Although this looks very natural it wears like an invisible mask suffocating your pores. Even after washing my face with makeup remover 3x before using my Clarisonic -- it stained my clarisonic and makeup brush. I wore this foundation for a week and it left me with angry red marks and painful cystic acne that I am still recovering from three weeks later. If it permanently stains brushes -- imagine what it's doing to your skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love the coverage on this one, I would say it has a rather high coverage and still doesn't look cakey. I haven't broke out from it either, although I do need a bit of powder on my t-zone or else I get shiny during the day. That's not a big issue for me though. What I do have to say is that on me it does oxidize, quite a bit actually. Right when I put it on it looks fine and almost on the edge of being too light for me, but then it doesn't take long before it goes darker and at the end of the day you can see a difference between my face and neck. This may just be something I'm exaggerating or making worse in my own head, but it's how I experience it anyways. It's a big shame since I really like this foundation in pretty much every other aspect. I'm going to try and buy a lighter powder though and see if it maybe covers up the oxidation.