July 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by whataluckylady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an AWESOME foundation, the color matches me perfectly (hard to do), and it doesn't look like crap after a few hours. The coverage is great! My skin is usually very oily in my t-zone but I didn't notice anything but a slight shine after about 5-6 hours. I put this on over a freshly washed face (no primer, no lotion, nothing at all). I added nothing on top of it either (no powder). I was really impressed at how it lasted all day. It's a thicker, matte formula and really does its job at hiding imperfections. This is definitely one of my favorites!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really tried to make this work, but alas, it's not meant to be. With hot traveling in my future, I needed something more substantial that doesn't budge or look like a nightmare after some sweating. The problem with this foundation is that it's extremely drying/dehydrating.

I ensured I was properly hydrated prior to application, but only seconds into applying it, it attaches to my drier patches and looks quite terrible up close because of the dehydration it causes. I thought it was just in my head and that I could possibly make it work, so I bought it again, a couple of weeks after returning my first bottle. The same thing happens once again, even with no powder applied to my T-Zone. It's almost like there is a super drying agent in the ingredients. Maybe alcohol. I just know that this isn't for me. Too bad, because the colors aren't half bad for my light olive skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by vs0ne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A nightmare to use on the dry patches I developed over winter, but otherwise a quite good foundation, and these patches can be dealt with by mixing my Smashbox 2.1 with my Bourjois 54 :) very good lasting power, and although I don't doubt it would last 20 hours+, it feels a bit heavy after oxidation/6-7 hours (for me at least). Doesn't look very natural in sunlight, but photographs extremely well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I absolutely love this foundation. Even though it has SPF it looks great in any lighting as long as the color matches your skin. I don't think it last 15 hrs like what it claims but definitely 12. I use a mattifier on my tzone and a pore refiner on my cheeks. I wore this on a hot day and it doesn't melt off even if I got sweaty. I still got oily but my blotting paper took care of that. I set this with a loose powder and it really does not move until about 12 hrs after that I start to feel it on my skin. This foundation is hard to remove but no biggie since I have a Clarisonic. The only thing annoying about this is that it stains my clarisonic brush and it is hard to get the color off from it. You have to work quickly with this foundation as it sets easily on the face.
The coverage is light to medium so if you have any breakouts or anything you wanna cover up this isn't the one for you. You don't need very much of the product to cover up your entire face. I would definitely buy this again and I think it's work the expensive price tag.

Edit: I feel like I needed to add this review. I wore this fdtn recently at a club and i did notice in pictures that it did reflect some light. My face looked slightly lighter than in other pictures that I took in not so dark locations. It must be the spf. i still like it though and it did stay on even through sweating all night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I got a sample from sephora and I loved it! But within a week or two my skin started looking very oily after a few hours. I am extremely oily and I had heard this was good for oily skinned gals. I use mattiffying moisturizers, smashbox primer in light and mattifying translucent powder on top. When I want fuller coverage I put Mac's mineralized powder on top and it looks great! But, after a while its starts coming off, in tiny lil spots, like my pores it makes my pores stick out. I’m very sad because I loved how this looks, not I have an almost full bottle that I won’t be able to use. Im going to try different ways to use it in order to not let it go to waste.

***EDIT 3/17/2014***

I've learned to love this a little more. Used with a beauty blender and some rimmel matte powder it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by steelygrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a must have,i was unable to get to my nearest mac counter and was running out so after a lot of research decided to opt for this one,coverage is medium to full and can be built up on problem areas,i have broken veins around my nose area so this was the ultimate test and it passed.I also found it almost acts as a primer and holds onto any makeup put on over it like eyeshadow and lipstick,i did'nt retouch all day and my makeup never moved.I can put my hands to my face and not end up with makeup on my hands and the ultimate test was 30 mins on threadmill and no shiny face.I am sticking with this,little bit expensive but i will get over it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THis is the first expensive foundation I own and I love it. My shade is somewhere between NC35-37, 310 in Revlon Colorstay (Combination-Oily skin variant). I got 2.4for this Smashbox foundation.

Coverage is medium but is buildable in areas where you need more coverage. When I use this, I skip concealer. Instead I just add another layer over my post-acne marks and undereyes.

The texture is quite thick and dries up fast so I recommend spritzing your brush with water to add some slip to the foundation. Best brushes to use would be flat top kabuki brush or a dense dome brush.

I normally wear this when I'll be out all day. Around 8-10 hours later, I'd get patches where the foundation starts to fade (my skin is oily) but it's not a big deal since 10 hours of wear is already pretty awesome.

If you want a lighter coverage, I recommend mixing this with moisturizer to sheer it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by beautydevotee01

this foundation is one of my favorites, it is definitely long wear medium to full coverage, doesn't make my skin feel suffocated. this foundation gives this really nice sheen to the skin which looks amazing for special occasions, definitely recommend this product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by rainonyourparade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation but I broke out in bumps that hurt under the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by breatheformusic

This foundation is so wonderful but makes me so irritated that I can't use it for everyday use.

I was recommended this at Sephora for something that would be more full coverage and look great in pictures. I dont really need full coverage and usually stick to medium coverage foundations, but I was kind of curious to try this. Anyway, when I tried the sample I got, I was a little skeptical because so far nothing has been able to keep me matte like the Hourglass Immaculate foundation I like to use while looking just as good. It went on with a kabuki brush very easily and was easily built for a full coverage. I needed only a tiny bit of concealer to finish off. It matched my skin color extremely well and had a natural skin tone looking finish. But the real test was when I went out for about 6 or so hours and realized that my makeup didn't look shiny or dewy and that I didnt have to blot the whole six hours (usually Ill have to blot within a few hours with practically every foundation I've used, even after oil control primers and setting powders.) It looked practically the same as when I put it on and kept me completely matte.

After about two days of using the sample and noticing that not only did it seem to work well for my skin but really did look INCREDIBLE in photos, I decided that I loved it so much that I went out and bought a full bottle from Sephora. I used it for about 5 more days, but realized that I was starting to break out. I usually start to naturally break out if I don't wash my face twice a day or when my sensitive skin doesn't agree with a new product. Although, when I do break out, it's usually not too bad- maybe one to three tiny blemishes scattered on my face (probably because I do a lot to prevent break outs and take care of my skin.) But I noticed that I had at least seven or more blemishes on my face after a few days using this foundation, some a lot bigger than Im used to. This is the only new product Ive been using in months, so it didnt take much to figure out what the cause of my sudden breakouts were. I was so upset and still am though because this literally is the best foundation that Ive tried, otherwise. I love the look it gives my skin, how it keeps me matte for so long, how awesome it looks in pictures, etc. But I guess it doesnt agree with my skin for every day use which is a total bummer.

Ive seen some other reviews on here saying that it broke other people out as well, so Im wondering if it's something in the ingredients. So I'd probably recommend that people with acne prone or sensitive skin stay away from this, at least for use every day. I suppose if you dont really have a problem with acne or sensitivity, you could try this and see how it fairs. Like I said, besides breaking me out, it's a great foundation. Im still so aggravated that it doesnt agree with my skin that much!