October 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

After a long wait, Smashbox arrived in my country!

I ran out to test their products but I saw that their foundation, Studio Skin, got a good review here on MUA and I wanted to try it out.

This foundation is crazy thick and hard to blend. I can imagine it is supposed to be for a photoshoot or something like that but not to wear on daily basis. I felt as if it killed my skin, like my skin was choking under all that silicone and other ingredients!

However, it did hide most of my imperfections (but not as well as EL Dbl.Wear) and I looked good! After about 4 hours my skin was getting shiny (but I did powder over in the first place) and my pores looked enlarged.

I was so glad to come home and wash my face clean! I did not want to make my skin suffer anymore!!

After I washed it clean (twice) my skin was still feeling like it was closed? I felt uncomfortable. This of course turned into a breakout-mess and the foundation was returned.

Other foundations I have tried are Dior Forever, YSL Teint Resist, YSL Touche Eclat foundation, all MAC foundations, E.L. Double Wear and this.

But on my search for the perfect foundation I finally found a foundation I am in love with!

Diorskin Nude!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

Yikes, yikes and yikes. First I'll start with the good: great shade selection, good coverage, looooooong lasting and oil control. However, this is not for everyday use. Although this looks very natural it wears like an invisible mask suffocating your pores. Even after washing my face with makeup remover 3x before using my Clarisonic -- it stained my clarisonic and makeup brush. I wore this foundation for a week and it left me with angry red marks and painful cystic acne that I am still recovering from three weeks later. If it permanently stains brushes -- imagine what it's doing to your skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love the coverage on this one, I would say it has a rather high coverage and still doesn't look cakey. I haven't broke out from it either, although I do need a bit of powder on my t-zone or else I get shiny during the day. That's not a big issue for me though. What I do have to say is that on me it does oxidize, quite a bit actually. Right when I put it on it looks fine and almost on the edge of being too light for me, but then it doesn't take long before it goes darker and at the end of the day you can see a difference between my face and neck. This may just be something I'm exaggerating or making worse in my own head, but it's how I experience it anyways. It's a big shame since I really like this foundation in pretty much every other aspect. I'm going to try and buy a lighter powder though and see if it maybe covers up the oxidation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

Great foundation! My combo skin usually ends up looking oily and crappy with other foundations. Worse, many foundations break me out because they're so heavy and greasy because I opt for good coverage. That usually means heavy, pore clogging formulas that do indeed provide good coverage..but also break me out like crazy.

Enter this foundation. It leaves an awesome finish. Great coverage without being cake-ey and not greasy at all..quite the opposite in fact. It has great staying power, matte finish and is a blessing to my combo, oily acne prone skin.

My only gripe is when I apply it, even with a primer is dries fast. Sinks in really quick and that makes it tricky for me to make sure it blends evenly. I know long-wearing makeup tends to go on dry, hence it staying power but wow, this stuff seems to dry on contact! I might try mixing some moisturizer in to see if that helps..then again I wouldn't want to ruin the beautiful matte finish or it's staying power so I dunno.

All in all the finish looks great and I loooove this foundation! I bought 2.3 which is a great color for me.

I will re-purchase and highly recommend to anyone else with combo, oily acne prone skin. This stuff is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has great buildable coverage which I love so I can hide imperfections without having my face look like a pancake. It also keeps my face shine-free, which is a feat that no other foundation has been able to do, and it does so without making my skin feel dry and tight like other mattifying foundations. Lasts long and doesn't transfer onto anything. Definitely will be using this for a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bryttwash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It blends perfectly with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I love this foundation. I have it in shade 1.1. I am Mac NC20-25 with oily skin that oxidizes foundations and powders on my face in about 10-20 minutes. Honestly, something that completely and flawlessly matches my skin in the store will turn brown on my about 20 minutes later. I love that it has SPF; I feel like it is moisturizing. You can apply it lightly with fndn brush and "build" it up in areas with hyperpigmentation (which after years of battling oily skin & acne, I most definitely have those areas) for fuller coverage. If I'm lazy or in super hurry, I'll apply with fingers and get full coverage. I like to use it over my smashbox photo finish color correcting primer in "blend" (peach color stuff), but I have also used it over hourglass veil primer spf 15, murad oil control mattifier with spf 15 and various other primer-ish stuff. I tried out the HD fndn line in Smashbox as well as MakeupForever HD fndn and the Smashbox BB cream, but I like this Studio Skin fndn the best for my skin. It just makes my skin feel really dewey and healthy! I have really oily skin, so I do have to blot but who cares, I would be blotting with every decent foundation out there. And the crazy thing is I blot less with this fndn than with Mac Studio Fix powder fndn which is what I was using this past summer. Hilarious -- that Mac Studio Fix stuff is powder and I had to blot more frequently, and it melted off as I blotted too. I also love the pump which comes with a cap and the glass packaging. Very nice! Foundation that matches your skin tone and makes your skin feel healthier is worth the higher price, in my opinion.

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase it is that I have found other foundations I like better, namely Givenchy Photo Perfexion and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light -- these two feel lighter on the skin and give as much coverage. I definitely prefer a lighter feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kristimh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best foundation I've ever used! I never go out on the town or to events without this one. Lasts a long time, even on my very oily skin and is best for photos. Never have to worry about shine or imperfections showing when I use this. Usually I start with a primer / bb cream, then top the foundation off with Smashbox's Halo Powder for an overall nice finish / glow to skin. This stuff never lets me down and never worry about shine or needing a touch-up when cameras are around.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by 50sstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I am a NC 45 in MAC studio tech and I bought this foundation in 4.1 after trying it on in the store. I have been looking for a foundation with a great color as MAC was causing me to break out big time. I only wear dept. store brands because the quality is better. The color is great. The coverage can be however you want it. Put on one layer for a natural look two for more coverage if you have acne spots like I do. If you add a second layer don't just smooth on a whole second layer just pat foundation on with your brush in that area. I've gotten so many compliments since I started wearing it. People tell me my skin looks so smooth what am I doing and I just smile and say nothing much. I wear it with Smashbox primer and it lasts about 13 hours. You don't need concealer just pat a layer of foundation on dark circles- covers them no problem. T- zone stays oil free. No powder needed. Foundation is not dry or cakey- skin feels like normal skin. The best foundation I have right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by whataluckylady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an AWESOME foundation, the color matches me perfectly (hard to do), and it doesn't look like crap after a few hours. The coverage is great! My skin is usually very oily in my t-zone but I didn't notice anything but a slight shine after about 5-6 hours. I put this on over a freshly washed face (no primer, no lotion, nothing at all). I added nothing on top of it either (no powder). I was really impressed at how it lasted all day. It's a thicker, matte formula and really does its job at hiding imperfections. This is definitely one of my favorites!