January 28, 2015 | 963 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jholak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation claimed to last 15 hours but would barely stay on my face till the end of my work-day, if even that.It would cake up around my nose and wasn't "hydrating" in the least! I felt that in order to cover hyper-pigmentation that I have on my nose I had to put a LOT of this product on which, again, was patchy and GROSS looking after 7 hours of wear. Also, it was so heavy that it started to make me break out. I was totally disappointed as all the reviews are so positive for this product. If you have normal to dry skin with hyper-pigmentation, don't rely on this product to last 15 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation has a truly lovely texture, it applies nicely with a beauty blender, and i have also used my fingers as well- either application technique works well. This foundation has a wonderful colour selection, especially for someone like myself who is very pale. I would classify this is a definite medium coverage that can be built up to full. It does not enhance any dryness on my face and leaves a nice satin finish. I would say this foundation looks great for about 10hrs without any touch ups necessary, if you were an oily skin person i would recommend setting with a powder. The packaging is very sleek, its a nice sized glass bottle and has a very efficient pump. The only reason i gave this product a 4 instead of a 5 is because of its price. I don't view smashbox as a "luxury" brand, nothing about it screams high end, most of their products are loud and have fun packaging, so i was shocked to see that this foundation was 48$ Canadian. I realize it will be less in other countries but this price is the same as my dior foundation which i would consider to be a luxury brand. I just think this foundation should sit more at the 35 dollar range.. regardless i would repurchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by aysekaptan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this out about a month ago and the coverage is AWESOME! Esp for a night out, a wedding, or even a photoshoot. And it literally lasts, I've found myself not having to powder up throughout the day as much as i used to with another foundation i have used before (dior). (although i do powder right after apply the foundation to set it down)

I do have a t-zone skin so it gets oily through the day, but with this, i just got a little glow. This foundation is definitely thicker and creamier than dior, so i had to blend more often to avoid streaking

The downside? I felt like it literally clogged my pores, i've noticed more breakouts on my face and in areas i usually don't see it. I wish i could keep this just for special occasions, because it leaves a perfect finish for photographs, BUT i need one for everyday use and can't afford two foundations. I would probably purchase this again when i can afford it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

I have two shades of this. When I'm pale, I sometimes use the 2.4 and when I'm really tanned, I use the 3.1 (I know big difference in color). I think the box says this controls oil. For some reason the lighter color has better oil control than the darker one..but I don't really have a problem with that anymore since I use Mattify! Ultra mattifying translucent powder over my T-zone area.

Overall I like the coverage. I THINK it's full coverage...maybe medium-full....Anyway the consistency of it is not too thick pumping it out and putting it on your skin. It blends nicely but after that it stays kind of wet and sticky on your skin (even though it says it controls oil)...so you definitely want to set it with powder. It does not feel heavy on my skin. You might be able to compare this with MAC's Studio Fix, but this DOES NOT CLOG MY POREs AT ALL. I have not broken out with this foundation ever (It's been 2 years of using this on and off). My skin looks really good with this on. Super flawless. Try it =]

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by AdelaideHanoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like the coverage of this foundation. It gives my skin a healthy look, and it sticks on throughout the day. However, it's not the best foundation I've tried, and I wont buy it agian. This foundation also tends to get oily in my t-zone. I've never had a foundation that makes my non-oily skin oily. And I also think the texture of this foundation is too thick, and it feels heavy on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really thought this would be my holy grail foundation but alas it's not :( Rundown on my skin: Combo -- oily in the t zone and dry/sensitive on the cheeks. I'm an NC20 in MAC, so the 1.2 shade was a perfect match for me in the Studio Skin. Initially when I tried this as a sample I LOVED it. It blended into my skin flawlessly and covered my imperfections. But, now that it's winter, this stuff just looks so dry and cakey around my nose. It's a lot thicker in consistency than I remember too :/ Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by morgann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample from the Chemist to try at home and applied it this morning with a beauty blender. The colour is perfect I am NC15/ 1N1 nude ivory and am 1.1 in this. My only problem is it is hard to blend around the mouth and nose and starts to look cakey, I found that it did not build at all and even after using a creamy moisturiser and primer on my combo - oily skin it still felt tight and gross. Won't be purchasing this one especially at the price of $79 in NZ!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by brittanyxoxo

I have had this foundation for about three months now and I am halfway through the bottle. I love this foundation. It gives great coverage and does not make me look cakey. I use one pump and it covers my entire face. If i need extra coverage I use two pumps and my face still does not cake up. In the bottle the colors show off very orange/ yellow but when blended into the skin it looks very natural. I am in shade 2.2 it is a little too light for my skin so next time i buy it I will be going up one or two shades. especially with summer coming around. I also love that this foundation has never broke me out. I would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by puppy97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this about a week ago and really liking this, I find I am lucky that I have great skin because other members have been complaining this dries out or accentuates trouble spots. I first tried out mac studio sculpt, meh it was ok. The coverage is good but it doesn't last, this feels light on my skin and gives me the coverage that I need to look naturally flawless. I only need one large pump for my entire face and I actually really like the smell, its not overbearing and obvious as mac. (Don't get me wrong I love mac) It come to about $53 with tax but I think its a good investment, also considering they are a cruelty free brand :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by knguyen888

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation comes out extremely thick, and it does last on the skin much longer then other foundations although it does claim to last "15 hours". I bought this foundation without reviewing it before, after running out of my usual Lancome foundation. It was hard to blend because the texture is so thick. A few hours after applying AND having powdered my face, my skin became very oily around the t-zone. After applying you can notice right away that the foundation is so thick it just sits on top of my little blemish leaving little spots that look like dry flakes of skin(horrifying). and yes I do use my usual primer and my skin isn't even dry! Cleaning this foundation off is tiring because you need a very oily makeup remover.

After using this, I tried to clean my MAC 190 brush with dish detergent like I normally do and it refuses it come off completely which leaves me wondering if it ever really came off my skin when I tried to remove it!!!

This gets 2 lippies because it does stay on for a long time and does not look bad in pictures with flash. Don't recommend anyone to buy this, it's a waste of $$ and there's better foundations for the same price or even cheaper