Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 5/23/2013 11:06:00 AM

Did not like this foundation at all! I feel like it's something wrong with the foundation (or me, haha) since everyone seems to love it so much. I want a bit of coverage as I have a few blemishes and acne scars to hide, and this just didn't do the job. The texture is really weird and my skin looked like a mess after I applied it. Also the undertones were way too yellow for me. I had to clean my skin several times to get it off my face as well. However, since it did not work for me, I gave it to my mom, and she seems to think it's ok for her skin.

on 5/21/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was skeptical of this foundation but boy, was I proven wrong.

First, I LOVE the glass pump bottle, it feels both sturdy and high end (although sort of boring-looking). Secondly, I was pleasantly surprised that this foundation is high coverage, skin-like AND buildable! Most high-coverage and long-lasting foundations (Revlon Colorstay, etc.) tend to look and feel heavy on the skin, but this one is super blendable and feels very light on the skin. I apply by either stippling the product on with a damp Beauty Blender or buffing it on with a flat-topped brush. I didn't notice any issues with either method. One layer gives you medium-coverage, whereas a second or third layer on top of trouble areas will give you full coverage.

The finish is ABSURDLY beautiful! The first thought that comes to mind is that it makes my skin look like silk. It has a dewy, skin-like finish, with a bit more glow than demi-matte foundations like UD Naked Skin. It sits well on top of my big pores and easily survives my long work days, although I have yet to try it out for longer than 12 hrs. I am oily-skinned and noticed that I don't have to blot nearly as early as I usually do (noon), only much later in the day. I might come back and edit this review once I figure out how long this foundation actually lasts!

My major complaint about this product is that the shades run both warm and dark, and most of the colors lean toward peach. I'm a very yellow NC25 Asian and the closest shade I could match to is 2.1. 2.1 is neutral-warm with some peachy-yellow undertones to it. It's NOT yellow enough for me and looks a bit too neutral on my skin, but it's passable because it's the right depth of color. 2.2 is darker and has strong peach undertones, while 2.3 is darker still and has yellow undertones. I tried mixing 2.1 with both 2.2 and 2.3 in varying ratios and all the combinations looked a touch dark on me (and still very orange or peach!) so I gave up and stuck with 2.1. (NOTE: This foundation oxidzies in the first minute or two. It goes on ashy and warms up considerably.)

on 5/17/2013 10:07:00 PM

Okay So after being a loyal costumer of Estee Lauder for over 7 years and after they obvioulsy changed the formula (which is a fact look at the ingredients) I had to find the next best thing or the closest to it. THIS IS it! for those who seek a full cover foundation that doesn't look too heavy this is it! Long lasting and full cover (i use it with a beauty blander or a real technique foundation brush) It looks natural and you don't need layers of it, even without a primer. In fact I've found that without a primer it looks even more natural and still stays put. I have oily skin far from perfect with some dry areas. So i know what I'm telling you and I've used the best foundation out there this one is up there. Not as great as the Original Estee Lauder D.W but my #2. And that good enough for me : )

on 5/17/2013 1:14:00 PM

If I didn't have a beauty blender, I'd honestly probably hate this foundation. As another reviewer said, with dry skin this can look a bitch patchy...but with a damp beauty blender it applies very nicely, with a dewy flawless finish. I'm in the lightest shade but it is still too dark so I have to blend it with another lighter foundation, which is ridiculous considering the price of this. Smashbox foundations have always been dark on me :/

I've spent forever searching for a dewy foundation with actual staying power, and this is the best one I've come across so far. I will def repurchase! Just wish this line catered more to us extremely fair ladies!

on 5/10/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really liked this makeup at first. It's a medium but buildable coverage, the color was a deadon match for my skin. But the longer I wore it I noticed how bad my skin got. I mean really dry and cystsic nodules popping up. It got to point that I had to stop and seek help from my dermatologist. After doing a review of the ingredients we figured out it was the sunscreen components of this makeup that broke me out badly. I'm going on 6 weeks now of trying to get my face cleared up with lots of moisturization and Tazorac as a spot treatment, I also have to now use great caution with any makeup with sunscreen in it. I'm very dissapointed in this makeup. The Ingredient list is very comedegenic. Some are "5" on the come scale. Reminds me of MAC makeups. So if you breakout from MAC you may very well breakout with this too.

on 5/8/2013 12:46:00 AM

great! good coverage, no caking, and nice shade. shade 1.1 was like nc20.

on 4/28/2013 8:20:00 PM

I love this foundation! I had been using revlon color stay for a while and I really loved it, however my skin started changing and it just wasn't working for me any more. After doing some research I decided to go with the smashbox studio skin and it is so worth the money! I need a full coverage foundation and this does the job! I am shade 2.1 and I hardly need any concealer after I apply this with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. It gives my face an airbrush finish and looks flawless! My new HG foundation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Let's start with the good, it does last a very very long time and the pump for dispensing the foundation is awesome. It let's you really control how much you use at any given time, which is a good thing, since you don't really need much of this foundation to cover your whole face, it does go a long way too.

The issue I had with this, and maybe it is just my weirdo tend to be on the dry side of skin, but it made me look patchy in places. It made my dry areas (around my nose, and cheeks area) look even worse then when they have no make up on. Now, I have found mixing this with a bit of moisturizer or a second more hydrating foundation that it does the trick and makes it a wearable and almost flawless finish, but it still leaves me disappointed knowing I have to altar a expensive foundation to make it work with my skin.

I am sure that it works great as long as you don't tend to have dry skin, but sadly for me that is not the case. So I guess the advice I can give for those looking to buy is if you have dry skin stay away!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great coverage! Looks like second skin. Stays on all day long! The pump has great control of how much product you want. Color range is a little odd. It's around $42, so it's quite pricey, so I don't recommend this for the summertime if you're constantly changing colors. But this is my favorite foundation!

on 4/25/2013 9:53:00 PM

I love this foundation! I almost never write reviews-because I almost always change my mind. I may have found a HG....still working with it! Im working with combo hyperpigmented (face) skin & I'm not a normal skintone.