Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 4/13/2013 12:30:00 PM

This is my HG foundation right now. I bought this because a friend recommended it, and initially I hated it. I tried putting it on with fingers, sponge, foundation brush, stippling brush and it was difficult to blend with not a lot of play time, streaky. I finally tried it with a moist beauty blender (stipple) and it goes on with an airbrush finish. I do set mine with various setting powders. I am combination-oily acne-prone. This does not break me out. I work 10-12 hour shifts and barely ever have to touch up my makeup when wearing this. Provides enough coverage for my acne/scars without looking cakey if applied with moist beauty blender. This does oxidize on me, so I use shade 1.2 which is second to lightest shade. I haven't used this foundation in the summer yet, so unsure how it will hold up in the summer/humidity. The packaging is nice, I like the pump and glass bottle. It is water based, so you do need to shake it up before applying. I thought the beauty blender was overpriced and overrated, but this foundation and the beauty blender were made for each other.

on 4/8/2013 8:16:00 PM

I really like the pump. That's about the only positive I have to offer. Went on streaky. My mid-afternoon needed to be reapplied (so much for 15 hour wear). The color selection is very limited. I don't get what all the hype is about this foundation.

on 3/28/2013 12:10:00 PM

HG foundation! I have dry skin, and every foundation that promises to be radiant looks good, but only for the first hour. I was researching and came across this foundation and took the splurge. I WAS TRULY AMAZED. It dried to a satin finish, did not further irritate any dry flakes, and did not look cakey at all! Also, it lasted the entire day! Will continue to buy this foundation!! Thanks smashbox!

on 3/21/2013 11:36:00 PM

I got this at Sephora when I went in asking for samples. I absolutely love it. I love the coverage. I work between 9-12 hours a day with no time for touch ups and this foundation is perfect. I am in the lightest shade but I feel that if they made 1 shade lighter it would be perfect.

on 3/18/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This foundation is pretty good. The thing I like most about it is that it is moisturizing without making me oily. However, it seems to make my pores look really big. Other than that it looks nice on the skin but it's nothing special. This foundation is pretty expensive so I feel like there should be something more special about it. I would buy it again if it were more like $30 or something, but for this price I would not.

I wish this liquid foundation provided matte coverage but it did stay on my face for at least 15 hours. I wake up very early for work every day and put on my makeup around 6 AM. No joke this stayed on almost all day until i took it off at night. It was a little bit hard removing it with my cleanser (Basic) so i needed an additional makeup remover wipe to get everything off.

on 3/9/2013 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

HG foundation! I was hesitant to buy it because it is so expensive, but decided to go for it anyways. I'm so glad i did too, because its absolute perfection. It goes on smoothly, matches my skintone exactly, dries quickly, doesnt need to be set with powder, and stays on ALL DAY LONG. I never need to freshen it up, and its water proof. the only negative thing I can think of is that maybe it lasts too long (which really isnt a negative) cause it will require a bit of makeup remover to take off. If you havent tried this foundation yet, do it, its well worth your money.

on 2/24/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I wanted to write a review on this product because I am in LOVE with it. I have super oily skin and this is by far the best liquid foundation I have come across to date. Everything else I have tried has seperated on my face or caked up -- not this one! I feel as if I have "doll" like skin when I put this on and have also gotten a ton of compliments. I am also acne prone ( I get a pimple when something clogs my pores or those dreaded once a month break outs) and this has not caused any new acne for me. Overall, if you have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and want a foundation that lasts your 10 hour day -- then try this! I haven't worn it 15 hours just yet but it looks perfect after 10 hours! For reference, prior to this (or on my lazy days) I wear MACs studio fix powder foundation or I also love to use Studio Fix liquid when I'm having bad skin days because it also covers well -- Smashbox will probably replace all my liquid foundations from here on out though.

on 2/23/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation claimed to last 15 hours but would barely stay on my face till the end of my work-day, if even that.It would cake up around my nose and wasn't "hydrating" in the least! I felt that in order to cover hyper-pigmentation that I have on my nose I had to put a LOT of this product on which, again, was patchy and GROSS looking after 7 hours of wear. Also, it was so heavy that it started to make me break out. I was totally disappointed as all the reviews are so positive for this product. If you have normal to dry skin with hyper-pigmentation, don't rely on this product to last 15 hours.

on 2/12/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation has a truly lovely texture, it applies nicely with a beauty blender, and i have also used my fingers as well- either application technique works well. This foundation has a wonderful colour selection, especially for someone like myself who is very pale. I would classify this is a definite medium coverage that can be built up to full. It does not enhance any dryness on my face and leaves a nice satin finish. I would say this foundation looks great for about 10hrs without any touch ups necessary, if you were an oily skin person i would recommend setting with a powder. The packaging is very sleek, its a nice sized glass bottle and has a very efficient pump. The only reason i gave this product a 4 instead of a 5 is because of its price. I don't view smashbox as a "luxury" brand, nothing about it screams high end, most of their products are loud and have fun packaging, so i was shocked to see that this foundation was 48$ Canadian. I realize it will be less in other countries but this price is the same as my dior foundation which i would consider to be a luxury brand. I just think this foundation should sit more at the 35 dollar range.. regardless i would repurchase this again.