September 17, 2014 | 1964 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bryttwash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It blends perfectly with my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I love this foundation. I have it in shade 1.1. I am Mac NC20-25 with oily skin that oxidizes foundations and powders on my face in about 10-20 minutes. Honestly, something that completely and flawlessly matches my skin in the store will turn brown on my about 20 minutes later. I love that it has SPF; I feel like it is moisturizing. You can apply it lightly with fndn brush and "build" it up in areas with hyperpigmentation (which after years of battling oily skin & acne, I most definitely have those areas) for fuller coverage. If I'm lazy or in super hurry, I'll apply with fingers and get full coverage. I like to use it over my smashbox photo finish color correcting primer in "blend" (peach color stuff), but I have also used it over hourglass veil primer spf 15, murad oil control mattifier with spf 15 and various other primer-ish stuff. I tried out the HD fndn line in Smashbox as well as MakeupForever HD fndn and the Smashbox BB cream, but I like this Studio Skin fndn the best for my skin. It just makes my skin feel really dewey and healthy! I have really oily skin, so I do have to blot but who cares, I would be blotting with every decent foundation out there. And the crazy thing is I blot less with this fndn than with Mac Studio Fix powder fndn which is what I was using this past summer. Hilarious -- that Mac Studio Fix stuff is powder and I had to blot more frequently, and it melted off as I blotted too. I also love the pump which comes with a cap and the glass packaging. Very nice! Foundation that matches your skin tone and makes your skin feel healthier is worth the higher price, in my opinion.

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase it is that I have found other foundations I like better, namely Givenchy Photo Perfexion and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light -- these two feel lighter on the skin and give as much coverage. I definitely prefer a lighter feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kristimh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best foundation I've ever used! I never go out on the town or to events without this one. Lasts a long time, even on my very oily skin and is best for photos. Never have to worry about shine or imperfections showing when I use this. Usually I start with a primer / bb cream, then top the foundation off with Smashbox's Halo Powder for an overall nice finish / glow to skin. This stuff never lets me down and never worry about shine or needing a touch-up when cameras are around.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by 50sstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I am a NC 45 in MAC studio tech and I bought this foundation in 4.1 after trying it on in the store. I have been looking for a foundation with a great color as MAC was causing me to break out big time. I only wear dept. store brands because the quality is better. The color is great. The coverage can be however you want it. Put on one layer for a natural look two for more coverage if you have acne spots like I do. If you add a second layer don't just smooth on a whole second layer just pat foundation on with your brush in that area. I've gotten so many compliments since I started wearing it. People tell me my skin looks so smooth what am I doing and I just smile and say nothing much. I wear it with Smashbox primer and it lasts about 13 hours. You don't need concealer just pat a layer of foundation on dark circles- covers them no problem. T- zone stays oil free. No powder needed. Foundation is not dry or cakey- skin feels like normal skin. The best foundation I have right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by whataluckylady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an AWESOME foundation, the color matches me perfectly (hard to do), and it doesn't look like crap after a few hours. The coverage is great! My skin is usually very oily in my t-zone but I didn't notice anything but a slight shine after about 5-6 hours. I put this on over a freshly washed face (no primer, no lotion, nothing at all). I added nothing on top of it either (no powder). I was really impressed at how it lasted all day. It's a thicker, matte formula and really does its job at hiding imperfections. This is definitely one of my favorites!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really tried to make this work, but alas, it's not meant to be. With hot traveling in my future, I needed something more substantial that doesn't budge or look like a nightmare after some sweating. The problem with this foundation is that it's extremely drying/dehydrating.

I ensured I was properly hydrated prior to application, but only seconds into applying it, it attaches to my drier patches and looks quite terrible up close because of the dehydration it causes. I thought it was just in my head and that I could possibly make it work, so I bought it again, a couple of weeks after returning my first bottle. The same thing happens once again, even with no powder applied to my T-Zone. It's almost like there is a super drying agent in the ingredients. Maybe alcohol. I just know that this isn't for me. Too bad, because the colors aren't half bad for my light olive skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by vs0ne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A nightmare to use on the dry patches I developed over winter, but otherwise a quite good foundation, and these patches can be dealt with by mixing my Smashbox 2.1 with my Bourjois 54 :) very good lasting power, and although I don't doubt it would last 20 hours+, it feels a bit heavy after oxidation/6-7 hours (for me at least). Doesn't look very natural in sunlight, but photographs extremely well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I absolutely love this foundation. Even though it has SPF it looks great in any lighting as long as the color matches your skin. I don't think it last 15 hrs like what it claims but definitely 12. I use a mattifier on my tzone and a pore refiner on my cheeks. I wore this on a hot day and it doesn't melt off even if I got sweaty. I still got oily but my blotting paper took care of that. I set this with a loose powder and it really does not move until about 12 hrs after that I start to feel it on my skin. This foundation is hard to remove but no biggie since I have a Clarisonic. The only thing annoying about this is that it stains my clarisonic brush and it is hard to get the color off from it. You have to work quickly with this foundation as it sets easily on the face.
The coverage is light to medium so if you have any breakouts or anything you wanna cover up this isn't the one for you. You don't need very much of the product to cover up your entire face. I would definitely buy this again and I think it's work the expensive price tag.

Edit: I feel like I needed to add this review. I wore this fdtn recently at a club and i did notice in pictures that it did reflect some light. My face looked slightly lighter than in other pictures that I took in not so dark locations. It must be the spf. i still like it though and it did stay on even through sweating all night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MimiCakes88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I got a sample from sephora and I loved it! But within a week or two my skin started looking very oily after a few hours. I am extremely oily and I had heard this was good for oily skinned gals. I use mattiffying moisturizers, smashbox primer in light and mattifying translucent powder on top. When I want fuller coverage I put Mac's mineralized powder on top and it looks great! But, after a while its starts coming off, in tiny lil spots, like my pores it makes my pores stick out. I’m very sad because I loved how this looks, not I have an almost full bottle that I won’t be able to use. Im going to try different ways to use it in order to not let it go to waste.

***EDIT 3/17/2014***

I've learned to love this a little more. Used with a beauty blender and some rimmel matte powder it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by steelygrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a must have,i was unable to get to my nearest mac counter and was running out so after a lot of research decided to opt for this one,coverage is medium to full and can be built up on problem areas,i have broken veins around my nose area so this was the ultimate test and it passed.I also found it almost acts as a primer and holds onto any makeup put on over it like eyeshadow and lipstick,i did'nt retouch all day and my makeup never moved.I can put my hands to my face and not end up with makeup on my hands and the ultimate test was 30 mins on threadmill and no shiny face.I am sticking with this,little bit expensive but i will get over it!