April 19, 2014 | 848 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, there is WAY too much product. I never thought I'd say that. Second, too clumpy and third, smudges. It does give off a great volumised look on the lashes but its too fiddly. It's a fairly wet formula so it doesn't dampen your curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jesjes0090

Fav mascara! I love how it lengthens too! This on top of revlon grow luscious is even better! Plus for the price u cant beat it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Elankat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to try this after seeing all the reviews and the price. I found it for $2.99 at Walgreens and it seemed unbelievable that I might be able to find such a great product for a low price. It turns out that, for me, it is unbelievable. Yes, this product is a bargain and it is a functional mascara that doesn't seem to flake or clump. It also didn't melt away after a few hours in 90 degree F heat. However, that's about all the praise I have for it. For me, it did not build any volume or thickness at all and it did not hold a curl. After curling, 2 coats, and curling again, I still had disappointingly sparse and straight lashes. In comparison, one curl and one coat of Maybelline's The Falsies gives me lush lashes with a curl that holds up all day. I was trying a different brand because The Falsies does have some clumping and flaking on me, so I was hoping to find better. Unfortunately, this product is not it. Most mascaras that I've tried have performed better in giving me the appearance of thicker, fuller lashes. Another minor complaint is that it only comes in basic black. I prefer a soft black or brown. The packaging and wand aren't anything great or revolutionary. Just basic and functional without looking obnoxious or cheap.

If you are looking for a basic mascara that's super cheap, give it a try though. It seems it works well for lots of people. It just was disappointing for me and my light, sparse lashes that grow down toward my lower lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara at Walgreens for $2.99 and I am 150% satisfied and happy with it. This mascara is a hidden treasure. You won't know what you are missing until you try it out. I've bought tons of mascaras in my lifetime, high end and low end, you name it. But this is the one that just blows my mind. How can a product this good be so cheap? I feel like I have false lashes on with this baby I swear. I will be buying this stuff again and again without a doubt. Try it, you won't be let down. Save the receipt in case you don't like it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to like this mascara. I want to LOVE this mascara. Maybe I got a bum tube? The actual performance is good: lengthens nicely, volumizes well, doesn't migrate. It's a little hard to remove and makes my lashes feel hard, but I can live with that.

However, I don't like to have to work this hard for decent results. SO much globby product comes out on the brush that I have to wipe the brush off between coats. It's like black glue, so sticky it covers the brush so thickly I can't even see the bristles in places. No way I'm putting it on my lashes like that. Once I wipe clean with a tissue, it's okay, but if I don't take the time to do that, it's really quite gross. Like I said, black glue.

Edit 7/13: I've used this a few more times since my initial review. After a few uses and wiping the excess off on a tissue (thus not putting it back in the tube), my opinion has improved. It does work really well, particularly for the price. Certainly worth trying. My previous daily mascara was Lash Blast and I like the look this gives more than the LB, I just wish it wasn't such a PITA to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! Tons of volume, not clumpy, very black, buildable. One tube last quite a while, as it doesn't dry out quickly. And it's so cheap and easily available at the drug store. I will always have a tube on hand as it has become a favorite of mine, and it's easy to travel with because its a shorter, more compact tube. Just have to wipe off any excess on the tip of the wand. No flaking, no smudging. Win!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Dolachk

For the price it works very well. Alot of my friends have tried and like as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by LydiaClair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this mascara today after reading all the great reviews. And I am in LOVE!! It lengthens and adds volume. My eye lashes aren't very noticeable to begin with, so I usually use fake lashes. But I defiantly think Ill be using them less because of this mascara! I did two coats to make it more dramatic, but if you don't wait for it to dry it can turn out a little clumpy. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how satisfied I am with this mascara. I am very, VERY picky when it comes to picking to a mascara because I have oily lids and most non-waterproof mascaras are a huge no-no for me. Especially the cheap brands.

I had never tried any Jordana products. I started hearing rave reviews about this mascara and at first didn't really care to try it because I thought no way would such a cheap product work on me, who hardly has luck finding a good mascara in the first place. But one day, I was at Walgreens and was looking for a new mascara and I came across the Jordana line. I thought it didn't hurt to try since it was only about three bucks.

I tried it a couple days later and was pleasantly surprised. It applies really easily and it doesn't take much before you see length and volume. It doesn't clump. Very build able...you could use one coat and have natural but defined lashes or you can add more for more drama. The main thing I was looking for though was the staying power and I was really impressed. By the end of the day I had a TINY bit smudged under my eyes but nothing horrible. This has better staying power than many of the more expensive drugstore brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Timkerbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for close to a year now, and I really like it.

The actual formula of this mascara is absolutely spot on for me. I love it. What lets it down immensely is the packaging. You get WAY too much mascara on the brush straight out of the tube. The wand itself is ok, just a standard bristly affair that I think is a nice size. The problem is the neck of the tube. Every time I apply this mascara I have to wipe the wand clean against the tube opening, and it can get a bit messy, not to mention taking more time than I personally enjoy, just for getting my wand usable.

The mascara itself is perfect. It's a rich black that goes on beautifully (if you have taken the time to wipe your wand off that is), and it's buildable to an extent without clumping. It makes my lashes look big and feathery, and that's what I like in a mascara. I'm not after a natural or subtle look, and if you are I would say that this mascara is not for you.
The mascara has no discernible smell, and it has never irritated my eyes. I wear contacts, I have sensitive skin, and I suffer from hayfever, so that is quite high praise.

The mascara absolutely stays put on me all day without any issues. It can withstand a light whetting, like getting caught in the rain for a minute or so, and it doesn't smudge or flake. In spite of the super staying power I find it very easy to remove.
My normal cleansing routine is to use a cleansing cream or lotion that I massage onto dry skin and remove with a warm face cloth. I find this removes the mascara perfectly. If I have used extra much one day I just repeat the process for the last little traces of mascara.

I'm really bummed that the packaging is so rubbish, as it is the one thing that makes me hesitate to repurchase, and also the only reason I had to knock a star off my rating. I have yet to find a better actual mascara, but I WILL keep looking, as I find the faffing with the ridiculous amounts on the wand a bit off-putting. Bottom line though is that I will possibly keep repurchasing, and I would recommend that you at least give it a go yourself to try it out.