October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mingaling14

I don't get it. I used to love Lancome Hypnose mascara. I skipped it for the doll lashes mascara thinking it would be a better mascara and I'm so disappointed. I mean, The Doll Lashes was good on some days. It works well on eyelash extensions...like extremely awesome but on bare lashes its just ok. Maybelline falsies mascara is better and cheaper than this mascara by far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This mascara did not give me doll lashes or much of anything. I thought it was suppose to give me the flared out long lashes of a doll, but it didn't even come close. Not only that but it smudges like crazy. Usually, I can seal my first mascara with my Imju Fiberwig mascara (or whatever it's called now) and the Imju will keep the mascara from smudging, but Doll Lashes still managed to smudge. This mascara is not worth the money. Maybelline Full 'N' Soft gives me perfect doll lashes at 1/4 the price and it doesn't smudge. This went straight in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jiyoungie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this as a sample that I got when my aunt was purchased some perfume or something from Lancome at Macys. I'd never really paid much attention to Lancome before and never tried their mascaras but once I tried this it was awesome. It didn't clump together or look super dull. It separated my lashes without making it look stringy. The only real bad thing was that it smudged like crazy (I live in Seattle, go figure) on both the top and bottom lashes but once I put a coat of waterproof mascara on top, it worked great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awful if you live in a hot climate like I do or even warm weather, it leaves black smudges on the top of my eye lid and the bottom which is exactly what you don't want in a mascara.
In the end I only wore it on the top eyelashes as it wasn't cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like dramatic mascara - my favourite is YSL False Lash Effect. I don't love this as much, but it isn't far behind. The formula is quite thin, and I get the best effects from Doll Lashes by applying a layer then leaving it for about 20 seconds, so it dries a little but not completely, then going back over the lashes again. People have commented on my eyelashes when I've worn it. I do have naturally long, curly lashes, and it's great for emphasising them, but I can't say how it'd be on shorter, finer lashes - doesn't feel as though there's much bulk in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So dissapointed Hynose put their name to this. You do not get doll lashes. Stick with plain old' Hynose for quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by nicolemarieee

Do not waste your money on this! I was so excited to buy this mascara but so disappointed when I used it. It's very dry and flakey, it actually irrates my eyes. The shape of the wand makes no sense and it made my lashes look thin and stringy, even though I have naturally thick and long eyelashes. The smell of it smells like wine to me.. not roses. The color was nice though, it was very black. If you have tiny eyelashes this might do you justice but for me it made them look worse. I wouldn't use this mascara as anything more than a base coat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging;
Plastic and feels light when you hold it. Looks very cute and fancy, it has grey rose prints on it, unlike Lancôme 's other mascaras. On one side of the cap it says HYPNÔSE in silver, with a silver rose next to it. Under that it says Doll Eyes in Italic style. On the other side of the cap it says LANCÔME in silver. The tube is 13,5 cm long (5.3 inches).

Brush;
The brush is 2,5 cm long (1 inch). It is triangle shaped, like a Christmas tree, thicker at the bottom and thinner at the end. At the bottom it is 1 cm wide (0.4 inch) and at the end it's about 0,4 cm wide (0.2 inch). Personally I think it picks up a normal amount of product, all you have to do is wipe of the excess at the tip, like you have to do with all mascaras. It has the same round shape all around, except it getting thinner at the end, it doesn't have a flat side like many other mascaras do.

Product and personal opinion;
Keep in mind that the quality of a mascara is always a combination of product and brush, and if you like it or not usually depends on the shape of your lashes and skin type. I have tried many other mascaras by Lancôme that work much better on me than this. This is probably the worst of them, though it works OKAY. It feels drier than normal, but not too dry. On me it smudges under my eyes, so it's certainly not waterproof. It doesn't give volume, but lengthens a bit. Doesn't curl much.

The mascara also has a strong scent of roses, which is ridicilous since it can only cause problems and no good - you can't feel the smell on your eyes anyway, it can only irritate sensitive eyes. It's the only scented mascara I have ever come across, and it is really unnecessary.

Conclusion and advice;
For me and my eyes this was a waste of money. It costs alot of money. If you happen to love this mascara but think it's too much money, L´Oréal has a mascara with a very similar brush, called Lash Architect 4D Mascara. It's much cheaper and works the same on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't call myself a fanatic over this mascara, but I definitely like it. I am on my second tube of it and I am satisfied. It has a tapered brush that both fans the outer lashes and gets at the ones in the inner corners. It separates, volumizes and lengthens, but doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (which is why if they make a waterproof version of this, I need to try it!). If Lancome produced this in 'very black' I would be a very happy camper; I am not completely satisfied with the pigmentation of any of the 'black' Lancome mascaras I have tried. While I have repurchased this and would again, it is not my HG, but I believe it is worth a try if you have some extra funds sitting in the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Stessie101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. I am blessed with big, thick, curly lashes, & doll eyes really enhanced them, without making me feel ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend to girls who have smaller lashes, I think there are better options, but for me, this is awesome.