December 20, 2014 | 1580 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by saraminebowen

I do have long, dark eyelashes (but they're stick straight so I look like that one Sesame Street character-- Snuggalupagus?-- without mascara), so I'm really not that picky about mascaras and usually settle for the free samples that come with other makeup purchases. However, I was intrigued when this product came out. I really like it-- it makes my eyelashes appear thick and voluptuous, and it's the first mascara I've ever gotten compliments on. It also keeps them curled all day. Not sure if I'd agree that they make my eyes look like a doll but that provokes a creepy image in my mind anyway. There are a couple flaws: it DOES clump on the brush, but when applied correctly it won't clump on the lashes. Also, I run out of this stuff pretty quickly, and I don't coat this stuff on by any means. Otherwise, it stays on until you wash it off, and makes my eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Umph. What a waste... I looked at the brush at Sephora, and thought it could be a great mascara. Wroooooong. Why does it have to clumpy?? I was burned by the original hynose ((what was with that swirly brush?)) I'm not sure why I would try it again, but I did. Never again Lancôme.... Never again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

Brought this at the duty free for 23 pounds, goes on well and makes lashes look long, no clogging. The only drawback is that after a few hours it begins to run as it isn´t waterproof and doesn´t have the same staying power as other Lancome mascaras like Hypnose. I´ll ´probably go back to my all time favorite, Lóreal´s carbon black telescopic mascara which is easier to use and doesn´t run.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mingaling14

I don't get it. I used to love Lancome Hypnose mascara. I skipped it for the doll lashes mascara thinking it would be a better mascara and I'm so disappointed. I mean, The Doll Lashes was good on some days. It works well on eyelash extensions...like extremely awesome but on bare lashes its just ok. Maybelline falsies mascara is better and cheaper than this mascara by far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This mascara did not give me doll lashes or much of anything. I thought it was suppose to give me the flared out long lashes of a doll, but it didn't even come close. Not only that but it smudges like crazy. Usually, I can seal my first mascara with my Imju Fiberwig mascara (or whatever it's called now) and the Imju will keep the mascara from smudging, but Doll Lashes still managed to smudge. This mascara is not worth the money. Maybelline Full 'N' Soft gives me perfect doll lashes at 1/4 the price and it doesn't smudge. This went straight in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jiyoungie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this as a sample that I got when my aunt was purchased some perfume or something from Lancome at Macys. I'd never really paid much attention to Lancome before and never tried their mascaras but once I tried this it was awesome. It didn't clump together or look super dull. It separated my lashes without making it look stringy. The only real bad thing was that it smudged like crazy (I live in Seattle, go figure) on both the top and bottom lashes but once I put a coat of waterproof mascara on top, it worked great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awful if you live in a hot climate like I do or even warm weather, it leaves black smudges on the top of my eye lid and the bottom which is exactly what you don't want in a mascara.
In the end I only wore it on the top eyelashes as it wasn't cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like dramatic mascara - my favourite is YSL False Lash Effect. I don't love this as much, but it isn't far behind. The formula is quite thin, and I get the best effects from Doll Lashes by applying a layer then leaving it for about 20 seconds, so it dries a little but not completely, then going back over the lashes again. People have commented on my eyelashes when I've worn it. I do have naturally long, curly lashes, and it's great for emphasising them, but I can't say how it'd be on shorter, finer lashes - doesn't feel as though there's much bulk in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So dissapointed Hynose put their name to this. You do not get doll lashes. Stick with plain old' Hynose for quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by nicolemarieee

Do not waste your money on this! I was so excited to buy this mascara but so disappointed when I used it. It's very dry and flakey, it actually irrates my eyes. The shape of the wand makes no sense and it made my lashes look thin and stringy, even though I have naturally thick and long eyelashes. The smell of it smells like wine to me.. not roses. The color was nice though, it was very black. If you have tiny eyelashes this might do you justice but for me it made them look worse. I wouldn't use this mascara as anything more than a base coat.