November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little background: I've been wearing mineral foundation for 11 years. I really liked the way it looked on me when I started wearing it, back when I was a teenager. The powder helped reduce the appearance of shine on my combination skin. However, as an adult, my skin has become much less oily and is now just dry. I began to feel that a powder foundation emphasized the dry spots on my skin as the seasons changed and even began to look a bit grainy throughout long hours of wear.

A friend of mine recommended this foundation to me after I told her that I was looking to switch. I picked this up a few days ago and have been wearing it ever since. I'm really enjoying it so far.

A big plus for me is that this foundation actually comes in a shade that matches my skin. I'm very fair, but my skin has warm undertones. It's sometimes tough to find a foundation that is light enough for me that doesn't have pink undertones. Light Sand is a great match for me.

I also love the coverage that it provides. I wanted a full-coverage foundation because, although I don't often have blemishes, I do have some redness on my cheeks and around my nose, as well as very dark circles and dark spots from old blemishes. This foundation covers my imperfections beautifully. I apply it with my fingers and then add a bit of extra product on my cheeks and undereye area. I do still use a concealer under my eyes, but the Tarte foundation covers most of that for me first. As many people have said, I only need a very small amount of product to get the coverage that I want. The texture is substantial without being thick -- it's light and creamy.

The wear time is also excellent. I've worn this foundation with a primer and a setting spray as well as by itself. In both cases, I found that the coverage was still impressive after about 12 hours of wear. Since I sometimes skip or just forget to wear a primer, it's great that this foundation holds up well on its own.

Finally, I love that this product doesn't make me look "made up." It looks like my skin, but better -- it has a fairly natural, luminous finish, not too matte or too dewy. It's definitely fooled a few people at my work, who have told me that I have great skin when I'm wearing it.

I initially balked at the price, but my friend assured me that this foundation is so excellent that she will always pay $38 for it. I have to say that I agree with her! I know I will be repurchasing this when I finish my first tube.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Botanika

I am on my second tube of Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I love how it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, doesn't feel oily, contains no parabens & is cruelty free to boot. The packaging is great & the product comes out easily. No issues there. The coverage is great, but I wish it lasted longer. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but it hasn't lasted for more than 4 hours. Maybe I'll try a different primer with it? I hope that works because it is one of those rare products that doesn't break me out. Plus I love that it's cruelty & paraben free. The price isn't bad either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by prettyvictrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Tarte but...

I've been using it for 3 weeks and I'm not a huge fan of it despite the raves. Initially, I was so excited to get it and lucky me, I managed to get it in the right shade online, light medium honey (although I could do light medium sand better). Having very very oily skin and living in high humidity tends to make me shiny regardless of any setting powder or such.

Coverage is great and the finish is matte. I was impressed with how it managed to keep my t-zone shine-free for 6-7 hours of wear. However, this foundation cakes and settles into my laugh lines. When I try to rub and blend the foundation to remove the "lines", they just get completely rubbed off and it gets me so annoyed because I am unable to touch-up since I do not carry the tube of foundation with me when I'm out, thus leaving me with a "patch"of bare skin on my face.

As much as it is a hit for most, I am sad that I do not love it as much as I want to. Would not be repurchasing the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I got a sample of this and really enjoyed it. It has good coverage, didn't break me out and has nice coloring. My skin looked nice and even. It also covered my acne scars better than a lot of other foundations. I considered buying a full sized bottle, but I have so many foundations right now I couldn't justify the purchase. When I run out I will buy this product. I am very impressed with Tarte products! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by annajang

I bought this product after doing the Sephora IQ Match, I told them I wanted full coverage but good for comination skin, the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation was the only thing that popped up. So, they put it on me and I was very impressed. I put this on and I have NEVER broken out by it and my skin is VERY sensitive to most foundations. I fell in love with it and it's oil free. The texture is very smooth and buffs on nicely. The finish is somewhere between sheer and matte. Very natural, not cakey in anyway. If you have DRY SKIN I do NOT recommend it as it will dry up on your face. There is no fragrance which I adore. I've had it for half a year and there is still more than half the product left (I use it EVERY day) and you only need less than a dime sized amount. I LOVE it and would buy again. The price isn't too bad considering how long it has lasted. Stays on all day, usually doesn't need blotting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this! It looks like actual skin, no cake face! It doesn't crease or oxides! My only compliant is it's not full coverage, more like medium but it's easy to build. LOVE THIS!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Goldensunset83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have recently purchased the Tarte foundation and so far I am loving it! I am very acne prone and have recently broke out like crazy all over my cheek from my previous powder. I went to Sephora and was recommended the Tarte foundation. I would suggest that you use a light hand when applying because since the formula is thick it has very high coverage. The best way to apply is with your clean fingers or a foundation brush starting from the center of the face out. I must say that it covers my acne and scars well, stays put all day ( I get oily through the day ), and really overall perfects your face. My only cons are that it can apply cakey, dry out your skin and make you look pale since there is such high coverage. Even though it is pricey it is worth it but when you are at your makeup counter definitely ask for a color mach.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by aemayone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't a bad product but I don't think I would purchase it again as it left my skin feeling oily after only a few hours. It goes on smoothly and you almost don't need a primer but it fails to cover up pimples and leaves them poking up out of the foundation. If you already have nice skin this would be a good compliment for your face, but if you tend to be on the oily/acne prone side this may not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by angesala18

This is one of the only foundations that does not irritate my acne-prone skin. I have some of the worst hyper pigmentation I have ever seen on a person, and this foundation covers it wonderfully! It is thick and creamy, but still allows the skin to breathe. I like to do a layer all over my face and blend down to my neck, then go over my problem areas one or two more times and blend with a beauty blender. It stays for a good four to five hours, but I am thinking if I change my primer I could get it to stay much longer. I have repurchased it once already and plan on repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by britnitessaho

Just bought this in exchange for UD's naked foundation. I like it so far but it's not amazing. The swatch looked great in the store and so flawless but on my skin it doesn't give it the glow I want. However it is full coverage and will last all day for the most part. A little goes a long way and I find that the best application is by hand. It's so airy, whipped, light texture that it doesn't apply well even with the MAC fibre stippling brush. Many different shades I like that the boxes tell you which goes with what undertone. It's an overall good foundation but pricey.