BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2058 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 2/25/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very nice! Makes my lashes very thick and black. No clumping. Easy to apply. Doesn't flake off, or smear. The price is reasonable for this really great mascarra. I would definitely buy again. Also helps curl your lashes which I really need. My eyelashes are very thin, and this makes a big difference. Lasts all day and doesn't make my eyes tear.

on 2/24/2015 11:10:00 AM

Over-rated, over-hyped mascara, imo. To me, while this is a fairly decent mascara, there are far more affordable and even better mascaras, even drugstore mascaras, than this that they perform just as well or even better.

I was going to give this one-star for over-all rating because to me it did not 'wow' me by no means but it is not a bad mascara, so I gave it two-stars. But for the price, I feel it is just an average mascara. Had it been a drugstore mascara, I would have given this 3 stars - as it truly is just average imo. But the price tag made me take off another star, dropping it down to 2-stars, as it really is nothing special, especially for the price. Yes there are even more expensive mascaras out there, but to me I just do not think this one by no means merits it's price tag or the 'hype'.

I know some have said they find this difficult to apply, and I did not have any difficulty. I know some also say it 'hurts' to apply this, and again, I did not have any issues. I do not wear contacts, so not sure if that is an issue for some..? However, my eyes also can be sensitive though, and I did not have any irritations with this, so that is good. It did apply just fine and wears just fine, no smudging or flaking. It did not last all day though, so, again, for the price, I kind of expect it to last all day. I got maybe 6 hours out of this, if that, so, again, there are better or the same-performing mascaras in the drugstore. Removed just fine for me, and I know some have said this is difficult to apply.

So all in all I did not find this to be a 'bad' mascara, but it did not wow me. Length-wise and full-ness-wise, nothing special. And it only lasted about 5 - 6 hours on me. Price tag..? They can keep it. Those who love this, great. I just did not find anything special about this and nothing to warrant the price tag. Would not re-purchase.

on 2/23/2015 1:53:00 PM

I have a sample size of this mascara and I must say as soon as I run out of it I'm going to buy one. My lashes are very straight and stubborn and usually I use a lash curler and a bit of mascara but it never lasts. I used Maybeline and Clinic mascaras but by far this one was the best! I definitely recommend it. The reason for the four stars is the price.

on 2/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

BadGal lash is my favorite mascara but I thought I would try They're Real. I figured if one was great the other would be. This is just not true. I think the look is supposed to be spikey multi-lashes. When you put it on (after you remove half the product from the wand) it combines many lashes into one lash. That one multi-lash is long, but it looks like a spike. So you get maybe 10 spikes sticking out from your upper lid and two from your lower one. It's a really weird, and very ugly, effect. Stick with BadGal and you'll look pretty. Go with They're Real to match your mohawk.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I've tried! I highly recommend this product! there is one thing that I don't like! the fact that when I wash my face it goes down my face and just won't come off my under eyes! overall it's the best mascara I've tried even though it's pricey!

on 2/19/2015 8:43:00 PM

Hm.

First application the mascara is beautiful, volumizing and clump free. After about a week, I don't know what's going on with the formula or something but the mascara turns sooo clumpy! Although despite the clumpy-ness it does not flake and it literally bulletproof (seriously, it's like impossible to get off) I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive eyes as it's serious business getting this mascara to come off! May I add it's way over priced (Seventeen falsify HD is a 12.51 price difference and does exactly the same, highly recommend)

This mascara is okay.
Drug store ones can do the exact same things though.

on 2/18/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pros: makes lashes stand out, length and volume. Cons: I have sensitive eyes and it irritated my eyes a little, can clump the lashes together which is not a good look

on 2/17/2015 7:18:00 PM

I bought the $10 sample size. I wouldn't call it a waste of money because I'd been waiting months to try it before I actually did, but I don't think I would buy it again. The brush isn't the best and the formula is decent but nothing special. It reminds me a lot of the formula for Maybelline's great lash mascara, just not as wet/thick (which is good in my opinion). The difference though is that 'they're real' actually elongated my lashes ever so slightly and my lashes fanned out a bit more. It doesn't flake and it holds a curl :)

on 2/14/2015 12:22:00 PM

Love this, ZERO clumping, its perfect for me (middle aged). Will buy again but will be waiting until its a TSV on QVC!

on 2/13/2015 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The only mascara that has EVER worked on my lashes and actually made them visible! I love it! My friend recommended it and I went out and bought it with her that same day. I have very dark lashes that are very thick and heavy, causing them to droop down a bit using regular mascara and even though my lashes aren't super short, they just don't look very visible when I apply mascara because of their thickness. But this one.. It just lengthens my lashes and gives a really natural look, I only apply one coat though because I prefer natural rather than super clumpy. The only downside I can think of?? - The price. $38 Australian dollars. But honestly, that doesn't bother me. I'd rather pay a lot for one good mascara than buy a few crappy mascaras that will do nothing for me. :-)

Video Reviews & Tutorials