October 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cinnamongingersnaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A very wet formula that took ages to dry. It doesn't lift, curl or volumise. It just darkens the lashes, but doesn't do much else. It's not suitable for Asian eyes, as the brush is too big and unwieldy.

It also smudges like crazy, if you wear contact lenses and need to put eyedrops, definitely stay away from this.

I would go back to the ZA Killer Volume mascara that costs 40% less, only needed two coats to volumise and holds the curl like a dream. I live in the Tropics with extremely high humidity, The ZA one does not smudge even for a whole day in the sun with the terrible heat and humidity, They're Real! mascara can't even last me a day in the air-conditioned comfort of my office or shopping mall without smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaylawimbleton

Best mascara ever. It gives excellent length and separation. It's quite pricey but worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is okay, but I prefer Benefit's BADgal mascara to this one. The formula is really heavy on my lashes. It gives a nicely dramatic look (good length and volume) but I just don't like the BULKINESS of it. And I love a dramatic mascara, but this one just goes on a little too thick for my liking.
No problems with flaking or smudging. Doesnt clump either. This isn't so horrible that I won't finish up the tube, but I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by chlodewick21

this is one of my all-time favourite mascaras, it provides excellent length! volume! and it does not clump or irritate the lashes, if you put enough layers on it provides the look of false lashes to some extent! the best property is defintley the length and volume! the only minor problem i have is now that ive had it for quite a while i find its drying out making the application less effective and it does not look as volumous and lengthy! however it never fails to make my lashes look full and long! this is a brilliant mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara works more as a everyday natural look. Gives good length, some volume, lifts and holds curl. I don't have to use a lash comb to separate my lashes either. Being available in mini sizes is also a plus point for me because although I do have some favorite I rarely repurchase these days as there are so many mascara out there to try. So smaller tube, shorter commitment.

Personally I'm a fan of super dark, dramatic lashes with lots of volume and this mascara lacks the oomph so I probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Amina2547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have really long and thick lashes, it is usually difficult for me to find a mascara that does not clump my lashes, or make it the same length as it was before, I always look for a mascara that makes them look longer naturally and does not look messy. This mascara so far has been my all time favorite! It gives that effortless natural look, as well as gives that extra little length, plus it is not messy at all.
The only negative part in this mascara is the pricing,it is around120 AED, which in my opinion is a little too much but nevertheless it is totally worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by kira1999

After hearing great reviews about this I went out and bought it. It is an intense dramatic black but left my eyelashes with flakes and clumps and it dried stiff. It is a bit too wet of a formula and takes a long time to dry. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by cy1234

I had a sample of this from Sephora and really liked this mascara except that it smudges easily. I have Asian oily eyelids so I'm pretty picky with mascaras. Otherwise this mascara was great for lengthening and volume. Also kept the curl all day long. Too bad for the smudge factor otherwise I would Have loved this mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this crap based on some really good reviews. For starters, the formula is so thin it left my lashes looking naked. I tried building the coats but they still looked thin. The hard plastic brush is awkward and irritated my eyelids with every stroke. What a waste. Oh well...I'll just have to stick with my HG of mascaras...L'Oreal Voluminous!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Geeves1980

I think I understand the mixed reviews for this product. I am unfortunately in the camp that couldn't get on with it, but I know why.
There was a lot of things I liked,
Good;
The packing is cute.
The price is reasonable for a department store brand product.
The brush I really liked, I didn't find it awkward at all and thought the little spiky ball on the end was very effective around the outer corner in lifting the lashes.
The colour is one of the balkiest mascaras I have used, very dramatic.
It did not smudge or flake - I have very watery eyes and mainly wear waterproof mascara.

Not so good;
The formula was too heavy for my lash type. This was the biggest problem for me as although the initial effect was very nicely defined, lifted lashes with just one coat, (used after lashes curled with shu uemura lash curler) the effect lasted about 10 minutes and then the heaviness of the formula just pulled my lashes flat. I find this with a lot of mascaras however so I am aware it is a problem for me as I have fine, very straight lashes.
Any more than 1 coat I think would have resulted in clumps.

Although it didn't smudge, it also required a lot of effort to remove and despite oil based eye make up removers, there was still residual left on my oases the next morning. I don't wear mascara every day so it wan't a huge problem for me as it meant my lashes were actually still quite dark the next morning and a quick curl with the curler actually had a nice effect, but if you were putting this on every day, I can see how not being able to remove it fully would cause a problem.

Overall not a re-purchase for me as ultimately I want a mascara that holds the curl I put in with the curlers whereas this did the opposite, so the search continues.