August 1, 2014 | 1869 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by amkb12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have yet to pay for this product as I keep getting the small ones free from Sephora, and my favourite mascaras are still Cover Girl, but this does come a really close second. I don't have long or thick lashes, but this really does make my lashes stand out. It's not my go-to every day mascara, but the small size is great for travel or keeping in your purse. I also like that it doesn't flake or smudge, that's a big plus for me. I would probably actually purchase this mascara if it was cheaper...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I wasn't wowed by this mascara, I found it to be average. The pigmentation was great (as most mascaras are) and it coated the lashes well but it didn't hold up too well to wear. I like my mascara to stay on my lashes and not melt down my face, hold my curl naturally and not straighten the lashes instantly, and separate my lashes. I have decently thick and pretty long lashes naturally so I don't prefer either lengthening or thickening formulas over the other most days.

Pros:
-didn't straighten my lashes (half-mast style)
-pigmented
-no stinging or allergic reactions
-coats lashes well, slightly thicker formula

Cons:
-melted at the base of the lashes and slipped under my eyes
-didn't keep a curl on my lashes (half-mast style)
-brush goops up
-clumps lashes together

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tinannibal

At first I didn't see anything special about this product, but I think it was because I wasn't applying it on properly, because after a few weeks of using another mascara, I decided to go back to They're Real and found that it is an excellent mascara.

The mascara lengthens my lashes a great deal and also gives it volume without a clumpy look. I have very stubbornly straight eyelashes that refuse to hold a curl, but They're Real seemed to keep the curl out for a little longer than my other mascaras. Not a big difference in curl though. What I actually like is the thickness and length of my eyelashes. People have actually asked me if I was wearing false lashes!

The mascara in Australia is very expensive. I wish I bought another while I was in the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by hannahcheeto

Let me start by saying I am very picky about mascara. I have short, light colored lashes, and I need a mascara that builds length and volume and can handle multiple layered applications. Benefit They're Real is the closest I've gotten to the perfect mascara for my lash type. I first got this mascara in the sample size, and eventually splurged on a tube. Now I've tried other more expensive mascaras (including Diorshow, which was a disappointment) and They're Real is the best. Now, no one is actually going to question whether my lashes are real or not, but as far as mascaras go this is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only bought the sample size of this, and I really like it. I have friends who bought the full size, and absolutely hated it. I like how it volumizes and lengthens, and how it stays put. It is pretty dry after you get it on. It does not really look like false lashes, but I am coming to the conclusion that you just need false lashes if you really want dramatic lashes. But it is buildable and doesn't get all chunky and clumpy, so I like it. It also separates really well, and I like the spike at the end can get the out corners of your lashes well.

I am only ever going to buy sample sizes of high end mascaras again. The full size is such a waste. I never use up the sample size in the three months, and I think since they are smaller they don't get as clumpy and the formula doesn't change over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, after few weeks of using the product, I am finally satisfied - got used to the brush, which drove me crazy a bit.
I really like the natural, yet profi look it adds to my lashes, although I believe that if you use it in more layers it would look super cheap and ugly.
The price is a bit high for me, but never mind, it does a great job, does not smudge or crumble and can be removed quite easily.
I'd probably buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by MaryaAnna

I have never come across such an awful mascara in 24 years of wearing them. I have a 1.99 mascara which does a far better job.

My lashes are naturally quite long and usually hold a curl, however this mascara straightens them back out again and even TANGLES them up. As another wearer said, it clumps your lashes together so you're left looking like an idiot with what she described as 'spider eggs' all over your lashes, and once clumped it's near-impossible to separate them. It's rare that a mascara leaves my lashes looking so awful that I want to remove it immediately, having to re-do all makeup in the process, but that is honestly how this leaves me feeling.

I have given this (small sized, 9.95) five attempts now. It makes no difference if you wipe excess off, scrape it off inside the tube, you're still left looking awful. I'm going to return it to the shop as soon as I get a chance.

Did I mention it's made my lashes fall out too? Several of them on one eye.

AVOID, AVOID AVOID. Buy a 2 mascara from MUA at Superdrug for a far superior experience to this 'best selling' 20 brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by walkyouhome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I really like the way this mascara makes my lashes look. My lashes are already naturally long, so I'm really just after a mascara to add some volume. They're Real delivers on that front, as long as you apply it carefully by wiggling the brush side to side and not just swiping straight up.

The major drawback, and the thing that would stop me from buying this again, is the texture of the formula. It's very sticky and thick, with an almost silicon-type feel to it.

It's SUPER hard to remove - makeup remover doesn't cut it and then I'm stuck sitting there for at least 15 minutes at the end of the day pulling this thick goop off of my eyes and getting it all over my fingers.

On the plus side the packaging looks GORGEOUS so I really love having it on my makeup stand. So much fun to have something other than a plain black tube, but it's one that I use rarely because it's so much hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Ashleym15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent for volumizing :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Want that beautiful false lash look? Do yourself a favour and ditch this garbage and go grab yourself a pair of false lashes. This definitely takes the crown in my book for the worst mascara ever made. I bought this off a recommendation from a sales associate and was told that it would make my short, stubby lashes long, and fluttery. It sounds like an actual joke. Within one application of this mascara, my lashes had lost all of the curl that my eyelash curler worked hard to achieve from being weighed down by the wet formula and clumped my lashes together horribly. Like literally, I it looked like I has 3 lashes. After applying it for the first time I went to go talk to my mom who asked me what the h*ll happened to my lashes? It was that bad. Formula was nice and black, unfortunately for me quite hard to get off your lashes and did add some length but it destroyed my lashes in every other way. I would rather walk around with no mascara then with that junk pasted to my lashes. I do not recommend it at all and I will be returning mine asap.