BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2012 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 1/19/2015 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this mascara but I lean slightly more towards Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara as my favorite.

I've never had any luck with any drugstore mascaras and I'm a mascara junky. So I turned to the more expensive brands. This and Too Faced's BTS mascara gave me great results but this gives me more of a spidery look on the 2nd coat. I get great length, volume, color and definition as long as I only use one coat. That being said, I haven't had an issue with flaking either but its a bit hard to get off if I'm not using Philosophy's Purity cleanser to remove it.

Due to my Ipsy subscription and loving trying different mascaras (I have 5 sample tubes I need to use up before I can consider buying a full sized mascara), I probably won't repurchase it. Too Faced's BTS is just slightly better in my opinion (no spidery lashes) and I want to try out YSL, Urban Decay's Perversion, and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes.

It beat any drugstore mascara I've tried but I feel like it could've been better if it wasn't spidery. I guess I just need less spideriness if I'm going to send 20 some dollars on a mascara.

on 1/19/2015 8:07:00 PM

Never have i spent more time removing a single product. Id heard good things about this mascara but i hated it. It gave great length but dried a lot and made my lashes feel crunchy and my lashes even got tangled...what. ive never hated a product more. Im definetly returning this next time im at ulta.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of Benefit products as I find they can be a bit 'style over substance'.
This is a nice mascara and make my stubby lashes look long but I still need to curl them. It doesn't transfer during the day but I find it a nightmare to take off so for that reason I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/19/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Benefit products have always eluded me.. I've never had great success with any of their products and yet they get raving reviews on sites like Sephora and youtubers swearing by them. Why? A great PR campaign of course!

With that said though, I was (still am..) on the hunt for a HG mascara. Being desperate and yes, suckered in by all of the rave reviews online, I decided to give this stuff a go with an open mind.

When I bought this I should have insisted that I be allowed to try it even though there wasn't a tester available-- not only did it not give me the wide-eyed look I was hoping for, it made my lashes look like spider legs. They were a little bit longer, for sure, but the effect was not pleasant! Formula was gloopy, gooey and odd and it was an absolute nightmare to remove.

My theories on Benefit have only been confirmed after using this stuff. Will not purchase again, ever.

on 1/15/2015 8:29:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for around two years. My reasoning behind this would be for the most part, it's staying power. My mascara would always find its way under my eyes by the end of the day and this one does not. It also makes lashes look quite long and thick. It is pretty hard to take off and is a bit on the pricey side so that's why I can't give it a 5. I buy mine at sephora either at the store or online and it comes with a fair amount.

on 1/14/2015 10:38:00 PM

I usually use waterproof mascara because I have very straight eyelashes and it helps to keep them curled. I was told that this was just as good as any waterproof mascara. As soon as I put it on my eyelashes drooped down again, straight as an arrow. I decided to use it on my bottom lashes and it looked really dry and after an hour I had black circles under my eyes. This stuff just didn't work for me. I'll stick with maybelline..

on 1/14/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge Benefit fan. I loved this mascara, but I didn't love it as much as I had hoped. Lots of volume, and dramatic results. However, it got clumpy quickly when I tried to add more than one quote. Another thing, boy does it have staying power. My typical eye makeup remover didn't take it off after several attempts, but benefit makes a remover that I may end up trying. I don't know if I'll repurchase, but I'll consider it.

on 1/14/2015 11:48:00 AM

I got it free with a magazine. At first I didn't like it as much but was hopeful as it is a much hyped product. After a few trials, I did like it and one I had was a mini travel sized one. It was convenient and I carried it with me whenever I was travelling. Now I think it's quite worth the hype although it would be nice if it was a tad bit cheaper.

on 1/13/2015 3:35:00 AM

The first time when I use this mascara, I thought I like it. But when I repurchase, I compare using with Maybelline falsies. Maybelline does a better job in curling my lashes and holding the curls. Benefit never makes my lashes curl and lengthen. It just gives you black, voluminous effect. I won't repurchase.

on 1/11/2015 5:42:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this mascara. at first i didnt care for it, but i kept using it and i'm loving it now. one coat is all i need for long voluminous lashes! Love!!!

Popular Mascaras