July 25, 2014 | 1987 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, after few weeks of using the product, I am finally satisfied - got used to the brush, which drove me crazy a bit.
I really like the natural, yet profi look it adds to my lashes, although I believe that if you use it in more layers it would look super cheap and ugly.
The price is a bit high for me, but never mind, it does a great job, does not smudge or crumble and can be removed quite easily.
I'd probably buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by MaryaAnna

I have never come across such an awful mascara in 24 years of wearing them. I have a 1.99 mascara which does a far better job.

My lashes are naturally quite long and usually hold a curl, however this mascara straightens them back out again and even TANGLES them up. As another wearer said, it clumps your lashes together so you're left looking like an idiot with what she described as 'spider eggs' all over your lashes, and once clumped it's near-impossible to separate them. It's rare that a mascara leaves my lashes looking so awful that I want to remove it immediately, having to re-do all makeup in the process, but that is honestly how this leaves me feeling.

I have given this (small sized, 9.95) five attempts now. It makes no difference if you wipe excess off, scrape it off inside the tube, you're still left looking awful. I'm going to return it to the shop as soon as I get a chance.

Did I mention it's made my lashes fall out too? Several of them on one eye.

AVOID, AVOID AVOID. Buy a 2 mascara from MUA at Superdrug for a far superior experience to this 'best selling' 20 brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by walkyouhome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I really like the way this mascara makes my lashes look. My lashes are already naturally long, so I'm really just after a mascara to add some volume. They're Real delivers on that front, as long as you apply it carefully by wiggling the brush side to side and not just swiping straight up.

The major drawback, and the thing that would stop me from buying this again, is the texture of the formula. It's very sticky and thick, with an almost silicon-type feel to it.

It's SUPER hard to remove - makeup remover doesn't cut it and then I'm stuck sitting there for at least 15 minutes at the end of the day pulling this thick goop off of my eyes and getting it all over my fingers.

On the plus side the packaging looks GORGEOUS so I really love having it on my makeup stand. So much fun to have something other than a plain black tube, but it's one that I use rarely because it's so much hassle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Ashleym15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent for volumizing :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Want that beautiful false lash look? Do yourself a favour and ditch this garbage and go grab yourself a pair of false lashes. This definitely takes the crown in my book for the worst mascara ever made. I bought this off a recommendation from a sales associate and was told that it would make my short, stubby lashes long, and fluttery. It sounds like an actual joke. Within one application of this mascara, my lashes had lost all of the curl that my eyelash curler worked hard to achieve from being weighed down by the wet formula and clumped my lashes together horribly. Like literally, I it looked like I has 3 lashes. After applying it for the first time I went to go talk to my mom who asked me what the h*ll happened to my lashes? It was that bad. Formula was nice and black, unfortunately for me quite hard to get off your lashes and did add some length but it destroyed my lashes in every other way. I would rather walk around with no mascara then with that junk pasted to my lashes. I do not recommend it at all and I will be returning mine asap.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Angeleee

I'm going to start out by saying I love the brush. The rounded end makes it easy to apply the mascara onto lashes that are usually out of reach when using other brushes. The small plastic bristles actually grab my lashes unlike most plastic wands. The formula however, dries out way to fast! I repurchased a trial sized one so I could use it up before it dried out. My lashes are long as it is and this made them reasonably longer, it doesn't give a lot of volume though and if you apply to many coats it could give your lashes a spidery look. The formula isn't that clumpy but i think it could be thinner which would make it easier to work with.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Becca5haw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably my new favorite mascara. It does make my eyelashes super long (above my brow) but I could easily find one that near enough does the job this does for a lot less money. It stays on and does the job it's meant to but the price for me is a bit steep. I haven't has this product long (only using the mini version) so I cant comment on how long it would last but if you have the money to spend when it runs out go ahead. I would get this again but maybe switch between mascaras because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sabine

One lippie because makes lashes look enlongated and well-separated
Minus 4 lippies because it is a pain to remove. So sticky. Takes too much work.
Not worth it.

Perhaps best for someone ?who's masacara runs a lot?

I just want to use this up so fast so I can move on
But it's so horrible, I never end up using it
This is too bad because I had heard such raves...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I really like this mascara. I'm not a big fan of the clumpy lash look, so this is perfect for me. They do have a "real" look after I apply this. I think some people are getting into trouble due to the amount of product on the applicator. I tend to wipe mine off slightly as I pull it from the tube and have had nothing but good experiences with it so far. Big fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by celiaaa27

I've heard so many rave reviews on this product, whether it be by word-of-mouth or on YouTube. I got a sample of this in a Sephora "Birthday Turn-Ons" package a few years ago and I really loved it. I purchased the full size at Ulta about a month ago and I was really disappointed. Maybe it's just my particular tube and formula that's messed up, since so many people seem to love it. I've been trying it every day to see if it starts working any better and I just haven't had any luck. My main complaints:
-Didn't give me volume
-Didn't give me a lot of added length
-Definitely didn't produce the "false lashes" effect that it advertises
-SUPER DRY! Now maybe this is just the formula of the particular one I have, but mine is so dry and hard to apply. I get hardly any product on the wand and find that after applying my lashes look very dry and clumpy. I also get a lot of flakes falling onto my face throughout the day. I tried adding a drop of saline solution to the tube and left it overnight to see if that makes a difference (usually such a good mascara saver!) but it did nothing.
Overall, I'm really disappointed with this product. For the $23 I payed, I was expecting really excellent, voluminous lashes but that's not what I saw with this mascara at all.