April 20, 2014 | 1303 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because the falsies original formula is my go-to everyday mascara. I figured this one would be similar, if not better, but it left me feeling underwhelmed. If you have thin lashes then this isn't the mascara for you, I found it gives lashes a nice curl but does nothing to add thickness. I think it is quite average as far as mascaras go, it wears well and I use it in conjunction with the original falsies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

Dramatic lashes, doesn't separate lashes well and can clump if not applied with care.

Didn't really see how it "flared" but none the less, it's a good night out mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by katya451

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have sparse eyelashes, this does not work. at all!! The brush bristles are so soft/flimsy and the formula is so wet that it gives you spider lashes and clumps them all together so it looks like you have 3 lashes on one eye. I'm fine with the clumpy look as long as it looks like i have a lot of eyelashes, but not when it looks like i have 3 thick eyelashes. So many people love the falsies mascara and I have tried this and the regular one, but they just do not work for my sparse lashes :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I accidentally bought this thinking I was purchasing the original falsies mascara, not the flared. This mascara does make it look like I am wearing "false lashes", but I already have long lashes so most mascara is over the top. It also clumps really badly. Its not the worst, but its certainly not the best. For the price, 8 dollars, its okay, but I still feel like it was a waste of money for a mediocre product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this alongside the original Falsies formula. Both gave me decent lashes with one coat, but since my lashes are somewhat long and full to begin with, I wasn't amazed. Two coats can lead to a bit of clumping and stiffness. This formula is more volumizing than the original, so I will say that it at least looks a bit softer with multiple coats, even if it doesn't feel softer. I'm also not a fan of the scent--it's slightly perfumed, like roses or something floral. It's really not necessary in something I'm putting on my eyelashes. This isn't a bad product, but there are mascaras I prefer, so I probably won't come back to this one. It is, however, worth a shot, and I don't regret the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Kaylapaxton

Finally a product by maybelline that I like! This mascara is great. It has a nice curved wand so it reaches a lot more lashes in one swipe. The Falsies Mascara leaves lashes very big in volume, and length. (although much more volume and length). a lot of product is applied to the lashes, making them look full without resembling spider legs.
i use this mascara when I want more of a statement look with my eyes and lashes without wanting to apply real false lashes.
Super good mascara for the price. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by brownsauce07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sensational product - you don't need to wear eyeliner with this one. Fantastic volume and longevity of product. Dramatic, alluring and sexy lashes in a flash. A must buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm. I don't know much about mascaras, so this review will be brief and pretty useless. I got this because of all the raves about The Falsies, and the reviews for Falsies Flared were on the whole good too ... in terms of formula: I have medium-long, slightly curved, but sparse lashes, and these do not make them look 'full' by any means. It DOES make them look quite dramatic, in that it has a noticeable lengthening effect, a bit of volume, and lots of darkness. Overdoing the layers definitely makes them a bit clumpy and stringy, BUT this formula is more resistant to that than many others on the market. However, the fibers in this formula definitely stick to your lashes, making them look flaky and ..chunky..weird. Not smooth. I found it better layered over Revlon Photoready 3D [which I am not impressed with on its own] for its lengthening effect.

My number one complaint and reason for writing this review, however, is the SMELL. It's awful! Okay, I am not at all sensitive to smells, and normally don't mind whatever my cosmetics smell like. But this stuff is going SUSPICIOUSLY CLOSE TO MY EYES. It's been a while since I've applied it, and I can still smell the heavy rose-smell . From my eyelashes! That's ghastly. Don't get me wrong, I love rose smell - the fresh kind that you put in perfumes. But thisss..ohhh this .... artificial plastic floral monstrosity. Argh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

I saw this and I thought it was going to be as great as the waterproff formula I love so much. It is not. I don't know if I got a bad one but it smells horrible, like melted plastic. It's so heavy it makes my lashes straight facing down. It's impossible to remove, you can get it out of your lashes, but you'll have black residue all over!
I don't like it, I'm not buying it again, in fact, I already threw the one I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by bigtimerush

okay just bought this here are pros and cons:
Its washable and GREAT!
Pros:
-it feels comfortable
-minimum clumping
-holds a curl
-makes lashes feel somewhat longer
-great price
-cute bottle
-Washes off easily, not breaking lashes just with water!

Cons:
-FLAKES!
-very dry
-smells funny
-very little formula
-leaves a darkish residue after removing it

Overall it was good! But I personally recomend trying Falsies original FIRST if you are new to the falsies line:) because the falsies orignal has no chocolate smell and the stick is basic...