July 28, 2014 | 2089 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by QueenHydra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this on and off for about a year and i like it. its not a favorite.(dermalogica has my fave cleanser) its cheap and i bought it on a whim while i was traveling. it doesn't dry out my combo skin and hasn't made my sensitive skin break out so i keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by detrice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product!!!! it is very gentle and thoroughly cleanses my skin. after i use it my skin feels soft it does not dry out at all . . . i did get the product cheaper because i got it on base (andrews air force base that is)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by chaosstar17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this I didn't think much of it. But now I just splash my face with warm water and moisturize in the morning and during the day get a couple minutes of sun. At night I wash with the foam, moisturize, and apply persagel 10 to the spots that need it. I'm not crazy about the smell but it's bearable. I use 2 to 3 pumps just to work up a nice lather on my face and keep rubbing it in until it almost disappears and then wash it off. This way I feel like the foam and salicylic acid really has time to work and now I find that I break out less and the pimples go away faster. I would repurchase this if I couldn't find anything better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another product that I used for a while but never really loved. I don't think it was great for my face, but at the same time it didn't do anything bad either. I used this during my phase that I was convinced I had combination skin (it's not and never really was... ). I have mostly dry skin but will get the occasional pimple. I like the foam form this cleanser - but as far as makeup removal it wasn't great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ilovesunflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really acne-prone skin,I could never get past one week without getting 2 or 3 new acne coming out. If one heals a lot more comes out. It's so frustrating and annoying. Having said that, I am looking for a good cleanser that really cleans dirt off your face and helps prevent breakouts. I always see Aveeno products everywhere but too afraid to try it coz it might fail me. Then, I figured I'd do a research first so that somehow I know how this product works for different people. I've found good reviews about it. Some even said that it evens out skin tone but I don't believe it but I decided to finally give it a try. I got it for about $10 at superstore. I immediately tried it and it has a good foamy consistency. I liked it a lot even the packaging and 1pump is enough for the whole face.I love that it has SA in it wihch really works.! The smell is so nature-yy. You might not believe it but it actually did lighten up the acne scars on my face! It did not dried my skin out and the best thing about it is that it really prevents breakouts! I've been using it for about 2 months now and I never got severe,gigantic acne again. I get maybe 1 tiny stupid pimple but that's because of my hormone and it's that "special time" of the month. ^_~ This is actually an HG product for me. <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I continue to buy this product. I guess it really does bad nor good. But, sometimes, I think that it does not prevent breakouts as they will appear around my jaw line area periodically. It does not deep cleanse but leaves my skin soft and does not leave residue behind. Just an ok product. This is supposedly similar to Amibi's foaming wash but I had better results with that one than this one as far as preventing breakouts. However, they mustve discontinued Ambi as I cannot find it anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This cleanser works very well for me. It has SA which helps with acne. I cannot comment on how well it works for this issue since I only get blemishes here and there. I do like how well it cleanses, how it feels, and that it is foaming. I used to use Bioelements Flash Foaming Cleanser which I love, but needed a cheaper alternative. Plus, this is easier to find. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by 2010

This product was okay for me. It didn't clear my acne, but it made my face 'glow' in my opinion, so my complexion was definitely evened out.. just not my acne.

PROS

Love the foaminess, I usually use cream cleansers so it was a great change for me
I'm not sure of the price, my mom bought it for me, but I think its aroung $7-8 CAD so not too bad.
Like I said, it definitely made my overall complexion look better

CONS

Dried out my skin. I have the worlds wonkiest skin, sometimes it can be super oily, sometimes it can have random dry patches and other times it can be super dried out...:(
Didn't help at all with my acne, and i think it gave me more b/c of it drying out my skin so much!

I wouldn't purchase this again just because I like acne-clearing things, but in the future if my skin were to ever clear up I might purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only cleanser that I actually re-buy because it works for me! It makes my face feel so soft after washing, and I actually also use it on my back and chest where I tend to break out the most. It really works for that (although you have to use a ton if you're using it on the body). My face actually doesn't suffer from acne all that much, but I use it anyway because it feels nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by madamrock8320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros
-Use of soy extract
-Evens out skin tone
-Leaves skin feeling clean and soft
-EXCELLENT product for those with mild to moderate acne
-Prevents breakouts
-Nice creamy feel

Cons
-Really none, slightly drying but that's with all facial cleansers.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with mild to moderate acne. It prevents breakouts and it helps tone your overall complexion. My skin is pretty dry and it leaves it relatively soft in the end. Just use it with a moisturizer, preferrably the Aveeno Clear Complexion one. Using the same product really makes a difference in your skin. This is a very nice product, I'll either buy this or the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub, both work wonders :)