Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 4/22/2011 6:23:00 PM

So I used pro activ and skrewed my skin up because I dont have acne or even pimples too much. But proactiv made me get slight acne and so I started changing my routine and lines and finally tried this. This literally cleared my skin up relatively fast. I love the smell and the foam made it smooth over my skin really really well. The packaging was great at first but as I got to the end of the bottle it got hard to use and annoying and once my skin was all cleared up I started to get dry skin. So I had to change again but I havent had acne or many pimples since I changed to this so thank you aveeno! I buy it again every once in a while like when Im in a different climate because my skin will react to climate change. Moisturizer is too thick and greasy for me though. I prefer Garnier Nutritioniste Overnight cream as my daily moisturizer.

on 4/11/2011 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this for almost a year now. I have very sensitive skin, and most of the blemish-fighting cleansers I've tried have just been way to harsh for my skin. This is a really great chemical balance for me. It keeps my skin clear without over-drying or over-moisturizing and it doesn't really have a fragrance which is great for me. I have tried both this and the clear complexion cream cleanser, and I can tell you that, for me- there is a substantial difference in the way my skin reacts, even though they're both from the same line. The cream cleanser has 2% salicylic acid, while the foam cleanser only has .5%. You'd think the cream would do a better job of fighting blemishes, but that's not the case for me. Don't know why, but the foam just works much better.
I used Cliniques acne line for a long time before trying this, and I like this tons better. Way cheaper, too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ummm ouch is all I can say, after two uses my skin is covered in scaly soreness and is really red, my chin is actually burning and stinging. Very, very drying and not something that works especially well with topical acne treatments unless you have very oily skin.

Doesn't cleanse as well as other products. Doesn't help a whole lot with breakouts

on 3/26/2011 4:20:00 AM

I like this product. I use it daily on my face because it is gentle on my sensitive skin and sometimes helps clear away my acne from its cleansing. Since it tends to dry my skin, I use moisturizer on my cheeks afterwards (thats the only place I can really use any moisturizer) and then that way my T-Zone is dried out for the acne to go away while the rest of my face is still being cleaned and is soft afterwards. I'd probably buy this product again if I couldnt find anything better in the future. The packaging is good, I like the pump.

on 3/21/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product has totally ruined my face: it has rendered my face extremely dry, sore irritated. I believe its the acid content plus all the other negative ingredients contained that has dont this. However, my face never felt dry whilst I was washing it but after a week of using it my face totally rebelled against it.

on 3/12/2011 11:54:00 PM

Is not some miracle worker, but my esthetician actually bought it for me and recommended I use it during my facial treatments back when my acne exploded real bad the first time. So, in combination with deep cleansing facials my face cleared up wonderfully and I continued to use this product for a few years. Im currently using Cetaphil, but would buy this again any time.

on 3/7/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not really a fan of this product because it just didn't do anything. It didn't break me out or cause dryness or anything negative, but I have sensitive acne prone skin and I needed a little more to clear up the acne. Won't be buying this again, but I'm sure it'd work better for someone who has minimal acne problems.

on 1/23/2011 10:55:00 PM

It's my HG cleanser. I absolutely love it! Repurchased it so many times, i can't even remember. It's very gentle, removes all makeup, love the foamy consistency, doesn't leave any residue on my face. Excellent cleanser for sensitive skin!

on 1/17/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

What I really liked about this product was the foaming concept. It gave me a rich lather every time I would use it. In the first week of trying this out, I thought AMAZING! As the weeks progress, I started breaking out on my cheek and chin area. This just broke me out more and more every time I used it. I also started to notice that it dries out my skin and made it flaky. I'm not sure what exactly is breaking me out because when I look at the ingredients, everything looks safe. I'm glad that this has worked for others but for me, not so much.
------
edit: 2/18/2013
I do not encounter breakouts with this product anymore. It might have been a "purging stage" when I first started out. As for the dry skin, that has subdued as well. This has actually come to be one of my HG skin products!