Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.8

on 8/26/2012 10:11:00 PM

I generally LOVE Bobbi Brown products and really wanted to like this, but unfortunately do not. I've tried wearing it 3 times and always applied a light moisturizer and primer underneath. I have combination skin and I am definitely not super oily. It looks beautiful when first applied but an hour later, it settlled around every pore I have on my cheeks and also seemed to form a weird powdery ring around each one of my pores, therefore highlighting each one! I tried this both with and without finishing powder without change. It also doesn't last more than a couple hours and this is with me running errands, not doing heavy exercise or hanging around in the sun. Thankfully I was able to sample this....

on 8/26/2012 3:29:00 PM

If you generally find Bobbi foundations to be too yellow for your skintone, then you can expect the same from her BB. Many BBs are too ashy or just too light. I was surprised how small the tube was (1.35oz). Convenient size to carry, but a bit expensive. I prefer the coverage, finish and tone of Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB which is lasts all day on my oily skin.

on 8/24/2012 6:43:00 PM

I heard the hype over bb creme and decided to try it. I loved this by bobbi brown I shade is perfect for my skin (shade-light) it goes on really well. The tube packing is really useful do you don't squeeze too much out and it doesn't waste! This is my favourite essentail at the moment love it!!!

on 8/22/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fills a need during a humid NJ summer but that's it. I wear Sand in BB foundation and the Light is the best match but not quite there (a little lighter). I have to use moisturizer first for this to look decent but a caution - let the moisturizer sink in for a while or it will pill. No reason to pay this astronomical price for something so lame as this. I'm going to stick to my regular 35spf moisturizer with a sheer pat of Skin Foundation. Looks much nicer and does a more effective job.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For those complaining about it turning their skin into an oily mess what products are you using before applying the bb cream? I noticed that if I applied my Boscia antioxident serum followed by Bobbi Brown Vitamin Base cream and then her bb cream I'm an oily mess at the end of the day If I just stick to the Vitamin Face Base then I'm matte and oil free all day. Its about testing what works with the bb cream and what doesn't. First off I was shocked that med to dark worked well with my 'Golden' (in bobbi brown foundation) skintone. At first I was a little taken back by the intial application I was looking a little pale. But I allowed the product to oxidize a bit on my skin and viola....a perfect match. When I apply over my bb vitamin face base there is no need to set it with powder because it gives me a nice soft matte finish. It nicely diffuses the faint acne scarring I have along my jawline and my large pores become a non-issue. I've been using this for a month and my skin hasn't resorted to angry acne in response. I also have Smashbox bb cream as well and I rotate between these two because they both provide different looks. SB is more glowy while BB is matte on my oily/combo skin. Both give great coverage but overall I enjoy BB because I don't have to set it with powder like I need to with SB. I will definitely re-purchase this lovely again.

on 8/19/2012 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this a couple of weeks ago and have been using it everyday since.

I use the Medium shade which is absolutely perfect for medium warm skin tones like mine. Prior to this I used Lancome's BB cream and the greyish shade it came in was just awful. The only thing I like better about the Lancome BB cream is that it has SPF50 which this one just has SPF35.

This BB cream has a great consistency as it leaves a nice matt finish. I can use it on its own, or top with a light dusting of loose powder on my t-zone. As the other reviewers have mentioned, for best results make sure you blend it in quickly after you apply it. So put a small amount in one area, blend, then do the same for each area of your face.

I'm very happy with this product and will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 8/15/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It is very moisturizing. Won't work with my oily skin. Light is a good match for nc/nw 20. Coverage is sheer. Good luck

on 8/7/2012 2:44:00 PM

I stopped wearing BB foundations a couple of years ago as i identified they were flaring my skin up (acne). I was given a sample of the light BB cream SPF 35 to try and thought i would see how it faired. Nice colour match to my skin tone, yellow based (i wear sand / warm sand foundation in BB), smoothed skin, but was a liitle too matte for me. Their are oil absorbing powders apparently in the product and i prefer a more luminous finish. I also found the texture a little gluey (sticky) perhaps just the way i applied it - i would say if you are happy to use your fingers/ hand as a brush / stipple or otherwise made me apply too much. Not sure whether i would buy actual product but thats what samples are for!

This was a big fat fail for me. I was expecting to love it based on the reviews but I can't say anything good about it. It was greasy, yet highlighted every dry patch on my face, broke me out, minimal coverage. The palest shade was almost pale enough for my NC10 skin but still a little dark. I washed it off after a few hours. But I patch tested a spot near my hairline and I got a pimple the next day, but my skin is very reactive. I returned it.

on 8/2/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first BB cream and I am in heaven. I ordered this through Nordstrom but it is now available on her actual site.
Pros:
I am so very very oily and this product actually lives up to the hype. Oil control and no breakouts are what I look for in a foundation. The SPF is nice but I care more about breakouts and oil. This has caused zero breakouts. I really did not think this would control my oil but it does! I do not have to blot for at least four hours and that is really good for me considering I live in a super high humidity where it has been 105. I am sure if I was indoors all day I would not have to blot at all.
I also love the fact that this does not oxidize on my skin. I have such a hard time with foundations and even bronzers because they change colors throughout the day. The color "light" is spot on for my skin. It blends in like silk. I apply a tiny amount of the cream and work it into my skin and then set it with BB pale yellow pressed powder. The yellow tone of the BB cream is great at covering redness. These two products work perfectly together. I received several compliments on my skin the first day I wore this stuff. It does not even look like you are wearing makeup. I do not think I have ever had a product that matches my skin so PERFECTLY! My mother now wants to order some for herself.
Con- The only con I find with this product is the price tag. I hope that this lasts me for some time because the tube looks rather small. I for one do not have a problem with buying expensive items if I know that they work for my skin so I will suck it up and repurchase.
* I also hope this helps the appearance of my skin (tone and health i guess) over time.