July 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading about some big-name Korean BB creams causing breakouts, I was quite hesitant to buy into the trend, having extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin. I figured Bobbi Brown was a decent makeup brand and decided to pick up a tube of this in Hong Kong. While it's expensive for a BB cream, it gives a very natural looking, lightweight coverage and is great for everyday use. It also hasn't caused me any breakouts. Definitely worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kimigirl14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in fair, I'm in between NC30-35, and I found it way too light on me. I thought it would blend out, but after an hour, I was still ghostly white. Does not cover eyebags, blemishes and reddness. And I can smell the SPF, definately will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

This is a GREAT product. It is marketed as a BB cream but I consider it a one step product for foundation, moisture and sunscreen. It really does provide good oil control yet with moisture and has a nice creamy texture which is thicker than a tinted moisturiser. I picked it up in asia in Fair which is the darkest shade and fits well. I am NC25-30 Chinese.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by pixieperfect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first review here! Have been using this BB cream for few weeks now and am generally quite pleased with it. Nice consistency, hardly any fragrance or smell and packaging is great. Helps to control oilies somewhat, I'd recommend for people with combi to oily skin. I've used only about two BB creams before and this by far has the best coverage and less 'shine'. Enough to cover dark eye circles! I don't use foundation over, just powder. Hasn't caused breakout. Am using the darkest shade 'Fair' which is in fact not dark at all - okay for my NC25/27 complexion. Only wished the one I got has more yellow in it like the other two shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Took off one lippie as I've never been able to make this look less heavy and it's a bit too yellow for me (and I'm pretty yellow so that's saying something). ORIGINAL REVIEW: Wow. I think it's love! I have been on a months-long search for the perfect TM and nothing has been perfect. Until now. I scored this off ebay after reading the positive reviews here and on an Asian blog. It was shipped to me from Hong Kong. The Light shade is perfect for me now but I'm tan for me (NW25) so that means I need to get it in Fair for late fall/winter. It is definitely yellow-based which is perfect for me. It spreads beautifully, moisturizes slightly, dries to a semi-matte but very natural finish. No sparkles/dewiness thank goodness. Medium coverage, very buildable, covers my rudolph nose redness and evens out all my blotches. Does not highlight flakes. No scent whatsoever. No grease pit by lunchtime. I have been applying with fingers and for me it looks slightly too heavy so I will try a damp sponge next for a sheerer application. So far I love it and I really hope to be able to purchase it in the US soon. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by abby119

smooth application and finish, buildable but does not feel thick like other BB creams. Doesn't smell, decent coverage and can be worn without setting with powder (but for oily skin it's best to be set with loose powder)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in Asia, so picked this up here. I bought the color Fair. I currently wear the Bobbi Brown Long Lasting oil free foundation in 4.5. The color is slightly too pale for me, but blended out looks ok. I've tried several bb creams here, but my problem had always been the weird chalky beigey grey color of all the ones I've tried. I love that this balm has the Bobbi Brown philosophy of yellow based tones in it. I generally wear a sunscreen underneath this even though it has spf coverage since I apply the balm only to areas where I think I need extra coverage.

Only a small amount is needed to cover the whole face. A tiny pea sized amount is enough for me to cover all the areas I need: around the mouth and nose and around the nose. It has medium coverage and will last all day long. I am living in a humid climate, and the product will not break or sweat off.

This is a great alternative to a foundation, especially during the summer if you are in a humid, hot climate!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by poppydoll

Excellent product. This is my first bb cream, but I do have experience with several TMs and foundations (liquid/mineral). First, let me say I purchased this while in S.Korea (still here) and since it being my first trip to asia, I had no idea how hot and humid it can be. Silly me only brought liquid fdtn and my Tarte TM, and I ended up having to shaft my fdtn completley (srsly what was I thinking) because it was melting off, even with a setting powder.

Pros:
-Medium coverage that is buildable
-Packaging is sleek and practical
-Shade match is great
-Spf 35
-Has NOT caused any breakouts/clogged pores/irritation which is a big issue for me
-Excellent oil control

Before using this I usually had to blot about 2-3 hours into my day, but this has really helped my T zone. I now blot about once a day and I'm not as shiny (I still am, but it's not glaring).

Cons:
-Product only comes in 3 shades!! :(
-Only available in Asia, I believe.

I was fortunate enough to be able to find a shade that matched (light, middle shade) but with only 3 to choose from, I can see how it might be difficult for others to find a match. Kind of sucks as I think it's a really good product, especially for oily gals. Product is a bit pricey, I paid $60 for it at the Hyundai Dept store but I would definitely purchase this again. Granted, I do have family members who make annual visits out here so I'd just ask them to scoop it up for me..but if it wasn't for them I'd unfortunately be $h!t out of luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lemonwasher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

The SA in Bobbi Brown told me that this cream had an oil control feature so if I had dry skin I shouldn't use it. However, I got a sample from her and used it for a week (I wouldn't buy a fdtn that I couldn't try first) and I would definitely use it when in summer or in Asia (my summer home).

Price: For RM150 (about GBP30) its on the expensive side. But not so expensive that I wouldn't pay for it again. So i would buy it again.

Packaging : Standard. The upside down tube is the easiest way to get maximum product without compromising the sanitation of the remaining product. I suppose it may be quite easy to cut the tube up and scrape the remainder out when you can no longer squeeze (and I will do this because of how much it cost me).

Product: It evens out my skintone and is not sticky at all. Its very easy to blend with fingers or a brush and I like that its light coverage. I use it on days when I'm not really wanting to put on a whole face so I just use this and maybe something on the lip. It doesn't cover all spots/redness perfectly so if I were using this for a full face I would layer a thin layer of foundation on top and go from there. (I do not use concealer). The spf is an added bonus when in summer or in a hot country. It doesn't dry me out. It smells very lightly of sunscreen but that's only if you stick your nose in proper to smell it. It leaves a matte finish.

As an Asian with yellow undertone the colour (the darkest for me) suits me perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by love_kissandtell

Bobbi Brown's BB cream comes in a slim black tube, exuding the brand's signature sleekness. The flip-top hasn't given me any problem so far (in terms of messy product leakage, difficult to open, etc). I like that the tube is small and slim enough for me to slip into my handbag, handy for quick after-work touchup before dinner or drinks.

texture-wise, the cream isn't too thick or too runny, making application easy as i was able to spread the cream and blend it quite easily. i didn't notice any unpleasant scent (or any at all, for that matter) upon application. This BB cream is available in 3 shades (Extra Light, Light, Fair), and the SA recommended that I get Extra Light. I think Extra Light is a tad too light for me, but Light is definitely too dark. So i went ahead and purchased Extra Light, which looks fine after oxidation.

The SA advised that I get BB cream instead of tinted moisturizer, as BB cream supposedly works better on oily skin. While my skin isn't overly oily, it's still affected by the incredibly humid weather here and more often than not I find myself having to blot a couple of times throughout the day. Weather here sucks that way >:( But i digress. The point is, Bobbi Brown's BB cream supposedly provides more coverage and better oil control compared to Tinted Moisturizer, and I thought woow that's something I can't miss, even though I was deeply in love with Laura Mercier's TM. A TM that works just like TM but with skin-loving ingredients, better coverage, and better oil control? I MUST HAVE IT.

Shortly (a few hours) after the initial application, I do notice that the SA's claims were true. Better coverage? check. Better oil control? check. However, towards mid afternoon (after 5 hours or so), I realize that the coverage has thinned out, and it looks more or less like if I'd applied TM instead. I also miss the dewy and glowy look that only LM's TM could give.

Nonetheless, I have to give credits to Bobbi Brown for creating a great yellow-based BB cream (a point that has been overlooked by numerous Korean BB cream producers, resulting in ashy complexions -cringes-). I also agree that Bobbi Brown's BB cream provides much better oil control--this perhaps, is due to the nature of the product itself (ie. BB cream VS TM).

Thus, I will not be purchasing this product again. Perhaps I'll try Bobbi Brown's TM, but maybe I should just stick to my beloved LM.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No