Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my latest purchase in my collection of Real Techniques brushes. I have to say that I bought this hoping that it would work as a bronzer brush. I have been looking for the right one for some time. I think it's kind of big for a blush brush. I love the tapered shape of this brush and the softness of the taklon bristles. I am spoiled forever by these synthetic brushes!

I did use this brush to apply my bronzer. Sam Chapman did a tutorial video showing how to use this brush for both bronzer and blush. It picked up just the right amount of bronzer and worked beautifully. I used it to contour just below my cheekbones and then around my temples and forehand for a perfect dusting of color. Now I have found my bronzer brush! I also used it for blush, but I prefer the contour brush from the Core Collection for that purpose. I did not like the contour brush for applying bronzer. It's like the mini version of the blush brush, but works better for blush and highlighter.

I am impressed yet again by the versatility and flexibility of these brushes. You can find so many uses for each one. The blush brush is the biggest one I have and it took longer to dry than the Expert Face brush and the Buffing brush. There was no shedding at all. It did hold its shape after washing very well.

I think this is a great addition to my collection. I am so pleased with how this brush applied my bronzer. I got a soft, natural look. I got a great deal on iherb.com with a discount. I paid $9.99 total, including shipping!

on 2/26/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like this for my fat face but if I am going to change blush brush, I will invest in other brands too.

Dries fast after cleaning. Does not shed. Oh so soft to the skin.

I love this the best as I have round face and this picks up the pigment well and spread evenly without much work. It is kinda big so small faced girls might hate this. The shape reminds me of Nars blush brush so that could work for girls with smaller faces.

Pixiwoo really knows how to make brushes! I love them!

EDIT 17th March 2013: This brush is way too big even for my fat face. Way too much blush gets all over my face even when I am really careful and light handed. Oh well...

on 2/20/2013 7:06:00 PM

I love this blush brush. It might not be the best brush if you like your blush to pop up with a lot of colors, but if you like a very well blended color on your cheek area, this is the one that will work like a miracle. I have some redness around my cheek so dont really like too apparent blush color. This is especially good for very pigmented blushes, like Nars orgasm, Mata Hari and so on. It blends out the color so beautifully and naturally. I use the side to deposit the color and use the top to blend out. Very soft as well.

on 2/20/2013 1:29:00 PM

I really, really wanted to love this brush but I don't.
I've watched the Pixiwoo tutorials and so I was very interested to try Real Techniques when I saw them in my local Ulta store.
This brush is way too large and the bristles are too soft. I had to keep dipping into my blush today to get any on the brush! Even then, it didn't seem to deposit any pigment on my face. I"m sorry to say I'm disappointed but I am. I also purchased a stippling foundation brush and the eye liner brush so I'm hoping for better results with those.

on 2/17/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a good brush, but it was not what I hoped for. It's really soft, good quality and doesn't shed, but it looks and feels almost like a powder brush and not a blush brush. In my opinion it's to big and fluffy to get an accurate placement of a blush product, you end up with little color all over your face instead. I wish it was smaller and a little bit more collected and dense in the bristles, so that it would pick up more product and be more easy to use precisely.

on 2/12/2013 4:35:00 PM

Love this blush brush it is fantastic. I applied 2 blushes and they blended so easy and seamlessly. This brush is so soft and makes picking up the right amount of product perfect to get the look you want. I luv this brush and can not say enough good things about it! It's so easy to clean and dries fast. It holds it shape and I have had no shedding at all. This is a good brush if you love your blush I totally recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Extremely soft bristles, so delicate on the face, amazing brush! It never sheds, I haven't lost not one hair off of it and I've had it for months, and its easy to clean. I love this blush brush, best one I've ever came across, its high end quality at an affordable price. I definitely recommend this and would purchase again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i think the real techniques brushes are great quality for the price but i find this particular blush brush not to be the best for applying blush because its too big and not dense enough for me

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So many pro's about these brushes, difficult to fault!

PROS:
Gorgeous handles, colour ordered for purpose
Extremely minimal to no fallout
Super, super soft bristles
Incredible range, multipurpose brushes
Easy to clean and regain shape straight after drying
Evenly distribute a wide range of products
Sets come with travel case which doubles as a stand
Brushes with flat bottoms stand on their own

CONS:
Some brushes only come in a set, which is a touch annoying
Travel case is cheap and tacky
Brushes are extremely overpriced in Australia (buy online people!!)

When the time comes, I will always repurchase!

on 1/28/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Still loving these brushes, recently got this blush brush to add to the ever growing collection. This is another really nice soft brush, and it has a dome shape, with tightly packed bristles. It makes blush application really easy as well as being really useful for contouring, and I also use it for highlighting. Its quite possibly one of the best blush brushes I have come across so far, definitely a staple in the collection for everyday use. Easy to wash as well, dries really quickly and returns to its original shape no problem. Would most definitely buy again and recommend.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products