April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

I love Real Techniques brushes, for the price they are amazing and I now own them all.
This blush brush is rather big, but the shape means the application is easy and precise.
It's very soft and is cut so it is perfect shape.
Highly recommend, along with the rest of the brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This beautiful brush is really soft, and I find it great with powders. especially I like to apply mineral blush with it, since it "catches" enough product, and spread it evenly on the cheeks. On the other hand, I do find it too soft for blending, and if I put too much product I'll have to use a different brush to blend. But over all I really love it! Would recommend as an extra blush brush and not as a sole one though.
Oh, and I think the price is good (8.99 in iHerb), totaly worth the money :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sivanvanit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This beautiful brush is really soft, and I find it great with powders. especially I like to apply mineral blush with it, since it "catches" enough product, and spread it evenly on the cheeks. On the other hand, I do find it too soft for blending, and if I put too much product I'll have to use a different brush for blending. But over all I really love it! Would recommend as an extra blush brush and not as a sole one though.
Oh and I think the price is good, definately worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

At first glance, I thought, "Wow, this is a BIG brush!" I was pleasantly surprised to find that this brush is absolutely perfect for getting a natural-looking wash of color.

Most of the time, I like my makeup to look very natural. This brush is wonderful for helping me achieve that look. I find the bristles to be just as soft as my natural bristle brushes and I love the two-toned look of the bristles. My favorite blush is Orgasm by Nars, and this brush applies it beautifully. It does not pick up too much product (resulting in a waste), but it does not pick up too little (meaning I have to reapply again and again).

I love all of the brushes in the Real Techniques line, and I would recommend any of them to anyone looking for a wonderful set of brushes without having to break the bank.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Perkypolisher

I really love how soft this brush is, and the pink handle is so pretty. It cost me $10 at Ulta. I have tried it multiple times in different ways because I couldn't figure out if the brush wasn't the best or if it was user error... Needless to say, this brush does not work well for blush. I have tried multiple brands and the brush just doesn't pick up the color at all. I feel like it takes an eternity to get any color payoff, and meanwhile I'm wasting product. I'll try it as a powder or bronzing brush soon and come back to update. Overall, pretty crappy for blush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is an alright brush but I could not get it to work for blush application. It is too big for this. And, It just went on WAY too dark and it would not blend out the blush no matter how hard I tried. I can see it working well for highlighter, powder foundation, or setting powder, though. It is very soft and holds its shape well. These are good quality brushes for a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by TiTiTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush! The shape of this brush is very unique, at least to me. I use this brush simply for applying blush since I don't use highlight and bronzer for daily basis. This brush applied blush like heaven! First, it is very soft, but not dense. That way, you can blend your blush nicely. I don't like having a lot of blush on my face, so I only use a little bit of blush and then I will blend the color with the brush! AMAZING! Love it! I think it is a must have brush for blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

This brush in particular is one of my most-used. It applies blush evenly and beautifully, and I use it for setting powder and highlight powder as well. It is easily cleaned and I haven't noticed ANY fallout of the bristles (which has happened even with my expensive brushes). I think these are a wonderful value for the price and really top notch for makeup application, no matter if you're a novice or a professional.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

PROS:
- The bristles are super soft and the brush blends everything nicely. It could also be used as an all-over powder brush.
- It stands up on its end, which is practical, and I like the pink handle and the general design.

CONS:
- This brush is just too big for my face. I can make it work, but I have to be really careful where I pick up product, where I place the brush and how I move it around. It's definitely not made for a quick and easy application. This is a particular problem for me, because I use very highly pigmented blushes which I don't want to end up all over my face.

VERDICT:
The size really is a pity, because it is a very nice brush that does what it's supposed to. But the size just ruins it for me. Therefore, I would not repurchase, unless they came out with a small version of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use to use a duo fiber brush for bronzing my cheeks or putting on blush then I noticed that the bristles over time caused redness and irritation break outs along my contour and jaw line. One day I needed to put on bronzer but all my brushes were dirty so I just grabbed this on a whim and I haven't stopped using it since then. This gives a natural look and easy application for my all over bronzer. The bristles are so soft that all the redness and irritation have all gone away. This is too big to contour with but I bronze all over every single day and still no shedding experienced ever.