August 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This brush is so boss...I bought two of them! I also use it to apply my setting loose powder and it works like a charm for that as well.Iit does not disturb the foundation because it is so soft and picks up just the right amount of powder so I do not look like a cakey mess. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time trying out any kind of real technique brush and i really love it! i think I'm hooked! Its so soft and feels so good on the face. Ive always tried to find different alternatives to MAC brushes because they are so darn expensive and i found it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush at Ulta, without checking Makeupalley first- I usually check reviews, prior to buying makeup items. But, Ulta was having a Real Techniques Buy 1 get 1 50% off offer, so I bought it.

This blush brush is the BUSINESS. This the absolute best blush brush because it picks up a good amount of product and distributes it on the cheek with a diffused wash of color- it doesn't just place a lot of color on the cheek that then needs to be blended out.

Instead, the brush places the blush on the cheek in a very blended way- my MAC 129, 188, 187, 168, nor 150 can do that.

This brush is a little large, but not so large that I can't control the placement of the blush onto my cheek. Good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!! I got one of my friends to buy this brush when he was in London and when i go myself I will buy 2 more. This brush gives a natural result and is also good for very pigmented blusher like Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by converse17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an absolutely FANTASTIC brush! The bristles are incredibly soft and fluffy. The hairs are synthetic, but strangely they feel just like natural hair and also dry MUCH faster than normal synthetic brushes like some of the elf brushes. I have had this brush for around 2 months and have not experienced any shedding whatsover even during thee first wash. When I first got this brush I expected it to be a bit more tapered but it actually is quite rounded on the tip. Jusat something to know. I adore this blush for blush and bronzer. It is great for VERY highly pigmented or bright blush because it applys products very lightly since its so fluffy. Its also great if you want a very natural finish. Its great to apply a light dusting of bronzer or even a powder! This brush is fantastic and I might even prefer it over my MAC 129 brush that I USED to use prior to thee purchase of this brush! I would pay FAR more money for this brush because of the quality! I would definately reccomend this brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Nattaliel

I recently purchased the real technique brushes and purchased the blush brush and the set of base brushes (orange). first of all the pricing at Priceline in Australia is ridiculous! i had to save up to get them because the blush brush on its own was $24 (approx) and the set was $50 (approx). overall the brush is amazingly soft, fits wonderfully in the hand however, it is horrid for blush. it is too big and gets the product everywhere. When you try to blend in a circular motion its really hard to control so i will not be using it for blush. Im going to try using it for powder and dusting of bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is a too big for blush but i quite like it for powder. Nice quality, soft, no shedding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

In general, I really like the Real Techniques brushes. They are a great quality, really full and plush. IMO this brush is just a little too large to use if you want to get just under the cheekbones for contour. I have to use a smaller angled blush brush (My el-cheapo from ELF works great for this) if I am trying to contour. This brush is great however if you are trying to get a nice subtle wash of color over the cheekbones and onto the apples of the cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Real Techniques brushes are designed by the UK makeup artist and youtube guru Samantha Chapman/Pixiwoo. The brushes are also made by the same company that produced Ecco Tools which are also known for good quality compared to the prize, but these brushes, seeing as they are made in cooperation with a makeup artist, are slightly more professionally made with a more spunky and fun design.

So the convenient thing about these brushes are that they are all categorized into the different purposes according to the color on the ferule. The eye brushes are purple, the face brushes for base products are gold/orange, and the finishing brushes are pink... which makes no sense, seeing as the stippling brush is pink. But who cares about that - because these brushes are simply amazing, especially when you take in consideration how inexpensive they are. They blow Sigma and many other professional brushes to a certain place, and they still cost like 1/3 of what you normally have to pay for that kind of quality.

But to the blush brush: The first thing I thought when I saw pictures of it online was "Wow - that is huge!" and I was kind of afraid I would end up with another Ecco tools bronzing brush moment, which is not designed for bronzing whatsoever. But when I got it in the mail i was so pleased. The size was perfect! And the brush was soft like a kittens paw and the shape was so innovating and cool. You basically just brush the pigment along the very end of the brush, and then you just buff it into the skin. It doesn't pick up much pigment, but that's alright, seeing as I wanted a brush with just that purpose. I guess you can use a harder hand if you have dark skin or want more out of your blush/bronzer etc. I have only used it for my Dior rosy glow blush, which gave me a beautiful result, but I can imagine it will work wonders with my chocolate soleil bronzing powder, which is super pigmented. Maybe I can finally apply this with a fast and careless hand in the morning with this brush?

I washed it once too, and it didn't bleed or lose it's shape. Simply wonderful. The only complaint is the slightly large handle, but I guess it's because it's meant to stand on it's own on the vanity etc. Kinda cool, but unnecessary in my opinion. Makes it more difficult to place in a travel case or something like that. But that's a minor complaint, and the quality of the overall product overshadows that little detail. I would definitely buy it again if I lost it or my cat chewed on it or something. You have to have this brush! Because the softness and the shape of it is like nothing you'll ever own.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by 4ngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite brush hands down. I have always struggled to apply my blush, and using this brush I can use blush to contour my face. The pointed tip gives great precision, but is still fluffy when you apply pressure to buff out the powder.

Don't even hesitate. I have owned several blush brushes in the past but nothing comes on top of this. LOVE.