November 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!!!! Great for typical short, stubborn down straight Asian lashes.

PROS
holds curl amazing for a non-Japanese brand
waterproof
no smudging or flaking
great volume
no clumps!
buildable which is awesome
can be layered with lengthing mascaras and looks like falsies!
definition is breath-taking
super affordable and works even better than high-enders
you even get great length
best rubbery brush ever, can even reach hard to reach corners
hard to miss package :-)
formula is not to dry, not too goopy....perfect

CONS
hmmmm...its a stretch, but more length would be almost too good to be true but that's all I have for now :-) :-) :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MargShim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahhh so good! It took me a while to come up with the best way to apply this so my lashes are awesome. My lashes are thin and stick straight, kind of pointing downward... They are not long or short, but appear shorter without mascara because they are curled and are blonde at the tips, like soo many lashes. After I curl my lashes (with my amazing LaCross double-curl thingamabobber), I hold the wand above my upper lashes and coat the top of them, twisting the wand upward as I swipe on the product... Then I go to the underside of my lashes and apply the first coat, twirling upward again for better curl. Then I go through all the lashes again, using the same method, on the underside, dipping the wand back into the tube for more product two or three times... Then I hold the wand close to the tips of my lashes and blink like 30 times, so they get mega-super-crazy long. And OMG it looks awesome- not so much with volume, but that's nobody's fault, this mascara will NOT change the nature of the world, you know? Each lash looks long and curled and amazing. This mascara will hold a curl, the entire day. For real. HOWEVER, only apply extra coats of mascara when the lashes are wet from the product... Else there will be problems... Kay. Get this stuff, especially those with 'Asian lashes,' like mine

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by secretstrangers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing! I have short eyelashes that point straight down and with all my old mascaras, I had to curl my eyelashes after I put on mascara and even then after a few hours, they'd be pointing straight down again.
One by one does a great job of lengthening and volumizing, but my favorite part of it is how well it holds curl. With this I can curl my eyelashes beforehand, and it stays that way for 12+ hours. I definitely will buy this again!
Waterproof wise, it doesn't come off or smudge/smear in the water, but it does not hold curl once it's gotten wet (but then again what mascara does?)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by yeseniax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could own own one mascara this would be it. I can't say enough good thing about it. It gives length, volume and holds curl and it doesn't clump. I think it's impossible to clump this mascara unless you add tons of coats. My cousin just started to wear make-up she's 13 years old and I bought her this mascara and she loves it aswell. It's great for beginners or even for people who have been wearing makeup for along time. It leaves beautiful lashes with a very nice natrual look, I really reccomend this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, this product makes for ugly, sparse and scratchy looking lashes. You can imagine my disappointment when I paid 9 for a tacky tube of mascara and tried it out to find it made my lashes look like I was a 5 year old trying out my mother's make-up. I avoid Maybelline products after so many of their products fail. My view of it is the dumb, fake, short-skirted girl of the make-up brands. But it really didn't want to pay 9 for waterproof masterpiece, which doesn;t have much mascara in at all, so I bought this on a whim. How bad could it be? It has good reviews on here right? Wrong, yes, it doesn't add volume, but it does lengthen. You end up with fibrous blobs extending unnaturally in impossible positions from your lashes. But, this is THE BEST waterproof mascara I've ever tried. It didn't come off, ever. In the sea, underwater, rubbing my eyes included. It didn't even smudge. I know this is really bad, but wore this mascara a few times for about 2 days without it flaking or budging at all. I was on holiday guys. So it's a seriously love/seriously hate relationship. This mascara would be perfect if it just sorted itself out on the whole appearance side, seeing as this is quite important when you buy a mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by taylorhaydn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite mascara(: I have it in very black, but blackest black is what I had before. It held a curl much better when first got it, but I am going to get some primer soon so that should help. It still holds it better then any mascara I have ever tried and I have been wearing mascara for almost 3 years. Will clump a little if you put to much on, like I said it will do better when I get primer. I think this is the mascara I will always use.(:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fr3d420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the wand on this mascara!! My curl didn't hold all day (my lashes stick STRAIGHT out, no natural curl whatsoever =( ) but I think thats mostly me not curling them right. This is the best drugstore mascara Ive found so far.

edit: Still loving this mascara! I will definitely buy as long as maybelline keeps pumping it out =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by AngelicaFabFad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara so much!

Does not Smudge
Does not Clump
Volumizes
Holds Curl
Lengthens
Does everything a mascara should do

It's my HG and I really recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by BrittanyLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it! It can keep a curl for 12 hours (maybe more!) and really lengthens and defines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by CarriePhill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decent mascara, like that it doesnt flake at all. I tried the Maybelline falsies which i hated because it flaked a lot. Wasnt worth the money. But this mascara is better. i use a different mascara brush which i think makes a big difference in the effect of the lashes. The brush it comes with makes my lashes look too spider looking. Overall this product is great if you want nice dark lashes, defined, holds a curl, & best of all does not flake. Easy to take off with make up remover. The waterproof formula is great too since it doesnt run.