December 21, 2014 | 923 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been lemming for this product after seeing many reviews, and finally bought it after one youtube tutorial by CrystalxSoxFly (seriously, beautiful job). I saw on Noveau Cheap's Weekly Drugstore deals (highly recommend checking it out! ) that CVS has a BOGO1/2 off sale right now (I think it ends today) so I got the Comfort Zone palette and an Idol Eyes pencil (the shade is called Distress) for $6.52. These are BEAUTIFUL colors you guys! My shade is nc42ish, super yellow undertones, MUFE HD foundation 153, and EVERY SINGLE COLOR looks great on me. The duotoned blue one at the bottom right is probably going to be my everyday color. It gives the lightest wash of reddish warmth to my lids, very Olsen twins-like. I've only tried the colors once so far, without primer, and I was totally satisfied with smudgeability, pigmentation and payoff-without-too-much-fallout. I will give these a whirl asap so I can include how they wear throughout the day! Highly recommend for makeup novices, similarly-complected peeps and everyone else.

ETA: Wore three shades today without primer. Didn't check til after 7+ hours of wear, but by then it was a shiny slick on my lids. So definitely watch out if your lids tend towards oily, but still worth the few bucks purchase price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Wet & Wild eyeshadows are the most pigmented, easy to blend eyeshadows in the drug store and they are by far the most affordable. This palette is a classic set of shades with several being almost exact dupes of other, more expensive shadows. My favorite MAC shadow is one called "Club" and I swear this palette has a color that is so close - a beautiful green/brown duo chrome - I am amazed. This is my favorite larger palette from W&W, with other loves in smaller palettes. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by loverofgrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product is awesome, price is even more awesome, packaging could be better. the eyeshadows are very buttery so if you travel a lot the eyeshadows wouldn't stay intact. It has amazing staying power and looks vibrant and pigmented even without a primer. The comfort zone palette is exactly what it is, comfort zone. The colors are perfect for everyday and a pleasure to experiment with! I would definitely buy this over and over again. BUT do not drop the palette and it is NOT GREAT FOR TRAVEL because the eyeshadows... break easily and it can get messy if you do not take care of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mschristinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow!! I have to say WetnWild is amazing!!!! Thank heavens for them bc being a bargain hunter & drugstore makeup only girl, i finally dont feel like im missing out. I have to say their 6 pan palettes were simply the best released hands down but the 8 pan palettes are great too.
~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Wet-n-Wild 8 Pan Coloricon palettes are available at most drugstores esp Walgreens (it seems they carry most if not all of wnw products) and Walmart. The price is amazing, these palettes will only cost you $4.99 at full price, even better during a sale!
~~~~~~ SHADE/ FORMULA/ PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~
Wet-n-Wild Coloricon 8 pan palettes are one of the best from the drugstore. Esp considering the price of these. The shadows are extremely pigmented, buttery soft and smooth. Very little fall out and apply true to color & blend nicely. They are actually so pigmented that I have to be very light handed. So even the littlest bit of shadow is enough. "Comfort Zone" is the neutral earth tone collection from the set of 3 in this set. Comfort Zone has 2 rows of 4 shadows. On the left side from top to bottom
Browbone- light golden champagne
Eyelid- light pinky champagne peach
Crease- midtone bronze biege
Definer- super dark warm coffee brown
on the right side from top to bottom
Browbone- unique light sand with a slight green undertone
Eyelid- mid tone olive green
Crease- darker hunter green
Definer- unique duo chrome brown green (Club dupe)
All of these shadows are super pretty, very unique esp from the drugstore. So many looks can be made with just one side let alone 2 rows. My favorite is the right bottom definer. I wish WNW wouldve included a matte shadow or two but all of these shadows have a sheen to them & some have a metallic finish to them. I can add my own matte shadows to add depth since too much sheen/shimmer isnt my thing. I dont mind bc i reach for one of these colors daily. I love deeping my crease w/ one of the darker shades & the eyelid shadows are so pretty as a wash on the lids. I am super pale so i cant use these on my brow bones but the brow bone shadows are so unique and gorgeous! I have to say Comfort Zone is 8 beautiful shadows that im so glad i have. I dont dream of owning Club from mac bc now i have something that is better than it, ive swatched it in the store & now i dont miss it. I love these Coloricon shadows & Comfort Zone i know will be loved by a lot of people!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Wet-n-Wild Coloricon palettes come in a hard sturdy plastic compact similar to their trios. The lid is hard see through & the bottom is a shiny black plastic. I have somewhat of a hard time opening these for some weird reason, the hinge is hard for me to open. The name is located on the sticker connecting the back labeling on the top. There is also 2 protective stickers on the hinge area & the side, i dont mind bc then i know if someone has tampered or messed with it since ive seen people just open things up & "try" products w/ no regard to anyone else maybe purchasing the product they've now touched. (sorry little rant) The compact is a large square about the size of my hand, 8 pans that are pretty deep so you get ALOT of shadow that i've barely made a dent in any of them. The palette can be good with traveling but i suggests being careful w/ the Coloricon shadows bc they seem to break easily, ive seen a few shadows cracked and spread everywhere, looking a mess at the store. So i suggests maybe not bringing these with you, which does stink, thats why i dont rate packaging higher. Its sturdy but the shadows are super soft which makes them vulnerable to breaking.
Overall, if you havent tried Wet-n-Wild Coloricon shadows, def give them a shot. If you think the drugstore doesnt have anything to offer, you may be surprised by the quality of these, they are amazing! Comfort Zone is a great set of every day shadows that are BEAUTIFUL! would repurchase bc these colors are so pretty!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. This is not my first WnW palette but I will say it's right up there with my least favorite of the lot. The colors are nice, nothing spectacular. They are soft but too glittery. The fallout is ridiculous. It gets everywhere and blends almost too easily. Say you're a beginner and you follow the instructions on the back of the palette. By the time you blend it will be a dirt-colored shimmer bomb on your eyelid. I'm trying to use it at least a few times before i chuck it, so I mix it sparingly with better quality eyeshadows. I had high hopes but overall was very unimpressed. The 3 color palettes and single shadows are much better.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Wet n Wild product I've tried since the 90's. Wet n Wild used to be known for being pretty terrible quality. They're still as cheap as ever, but I was curious about the quality of their new products since I'd been hearing such great reviews. I found this at a local grocery store for around $4.

I've had this palette for around 3 weeks and 2 of the colors have already crumbled. This has only been taken out, used gently, and put back into my makeup bag. It hasn't been transported or mishandled whatsoever. So that is disappointing. The shadows are surprisingly nice, though. They're pigmented, smooth and easy to blend. The lasting power is so-so, even with a base.

Overall, I think the quality is quite good for the price. I'd try other palettes from Wet n Wild. My biggest complaint is the packaging, which is so flimsy and cheap looking. I prefer it to a cardboard palette (a la Too Faced), but I know it's just a matter of time til the lid snaps off from the hinges. By then the shadows will probably all be crumbled anyway, but at <$5, I can just pick up another one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another beauty broadcast inspired purchase. Saw a review of this, then came to this board for feedback, and then took the plunge after a very disappointing experience with a Sonia Kashuk palette.

This palette is wonderful and such a HUGE bargain at $5! Had no issue with creasing, stayed put all day, and the colors are gorgeous.

PROS:
- great quality - rich, creamy, highly pigmented
- long lasting - stayed put all day even when I didn't use an eye shadow primer
- no creasing
- lovely colors - the duo chrome in the lower right hand corner is especially stunning but love them all
- highly versatile - you can do work appropriate, weekend errand lid wash, dramatic olive smokey eye
- amazing value - there is a lot of product here for $5 - it's a true bargain

CONS
- chintzy packaging - wet n wild needs to take a page from elf studio and invest in better packaging
- soft texture - while a pro for application and blending - this combined with chintzy packaging means a powder explosion if you aren't careful
- doesn't travel well - see two cons above
- minor fall out - but honestly a tap tap and its under control - I have yet to need to go in and fix my under eye area

My favorite combo is to take the right hand brow bone color for my lid, the lower right duo chrome for my crease, the upper left as a highlight and then a plum liner - so cute!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mailife4

Being Wet n' Wild fan, I purchased this during one of the many sales that CVS was having. Let me first say that Wet n' Wild still amazes me with the great pigmentation and color variations you get. As a brown /green palette, the different color combinations are fun to be creative. This palette can take your look from day to night with just a simple change of one color. It's not powdery and very easy to blend. It's my go-to palette for brown instead of the MAC. As beginner palette, it's the best way to get your feet wet with makeup. I just wish the brush and sponge applicator was better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I love WnW! This palette is has really great greens and browns. The colors are pigmented and easy to work with. These shadows are great for anyone at any level. They feel very buttery but have a slight bit of fall out as do many shadows. Just be careful when working with them like any shdaow. You won't be disappointed with the quality of this palette! I wish WnW would come out with more of these 8 pan palettes!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

The reasons why I haven't picked up the 8-pan palettes from WnW before were because I thought I had enough eye shadows already - and also I didn't like that there weren't any matte shades. However, there was BOGO on WnW products and of course, I just couldn't resist! After using it for a couple of months now... I have to say - you guys should all go out and get this! This is like a fool-proof palette. No matter how complicated or simple you want the look to be, this palette can do it all. Love the pop of greens to go w/ the neutral shades. Love that the shadows have a velvety texture. There is a bit of fall out so just tap your brush! The pigmentation is amazing - you would not have to spend all night blend blend blend b/c the colors are sooooo easy to work with! Finally - I was the only girl that brought eyeshadow on a trip so I shared my make up with the other girls. They were surprised of the quality of these shadows! Absolutely fantastic.