Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

4.4

nn

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

To start off, I'm not one who is easily impressed by skin care products. Many of them irritate my sensitive skin or break me out, as I have very oily & acne-prone skin. I have no complaints about the Pro-X brush, it does what it's supposed to do and my skin loves it! I don't use the exfoliating cleanser that comes with it because the brush provides enough exfoliation on its own, I much prefer Purpose gel cleanser in conjunction with it. The crazy thing is I noticed results on my very first use, which is a first for me! At the time, I had an inflamed pimple on my cheek that was swollen and painful! After a minute of running over my face with the scrubbing brush, I was pleased to find the pimple had shrunken in size once I dried my face. AMAZING. I continue to use this HG product once nightly and it's awesome because it reduces existing pimples and banishes excess oil. Gladly recommend to anyone with oily, acne-prone skin because if it works for me, it will work for you too. May be too drying for those with dry skin just saying!

on 2/6/2013 12:42:00 AM

I obviously bought this product because I am NOT going to buy a Clarisonic Mia 2. Although I would LOVE to have it, I am not going to spend nearly 200 dollars on it. So I settled with this product, since it is only 30 dollars. I do like it, but on my second and fourth try, the power wasn't always staying on. I always had to hold onto the power button when before I would just press it and the power would just continue. I have a feeling this product will die on me even with new batteries. It does do a good job on removing my makeup tho. I just don't know if I'll buy it again.

on 1/30/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this product. Haven't used the cleanser it comes with, but I use it with cetaphil in the mornings and it makes my face feel so clean/smooth. I have hyperpigmentation and very acne-prone skin, so finding this as an alternative to the Clairsonic was fantastic. I bought it at Rite aid for $20 [$10 off the original price] and for that you really can't go wrong with it.

The only problem I found is that it's difficult to use with a face scrub, not because it's abrasive but because the brush head is difficult to rinse out/clean. But replacement heads are fairly cheap so I don't really mind it.

I sort of like this product overall. The only problem I had was the bristles weren't very soft for me. Some people said the bristles were soft, but I disagree. It irritated my skin. It's sort of expensive, but the packaging and style of it is nice. One thing I liked about it was the soap that comes with it. It made my skin feel very refreshed. I wouldn't buy it again because I don't use it daily, but I would recommend it overall.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

My main problem is the whiteheads that appear on my chin, right under the sides of my mouth. I have normal skin with an slightly oily t-zone. I'm wearing a small amount of makeup everyday to maintain a flawless face. Every evening before bed I use the Olay brush along with my Earth Science cleanser and toner. The combination of these three really makes my skin feel rejuvenated and fresh. I also apply my moisturizer (Clinique dramatically different lotion) after I've cleansed my face. When I wake up in the morning my face looks stunning!

I wanted to get this type of product because I use prescription retin-a and my skin gets very dry and flaky. So I bought this and I am very pleased with it. The bristles are soft which is great for my sensitive skin. I love the fact that it has 2 speeds. I did like the exfoliant it came with. However, I thought I would try the St. Ives apricot scrub with the brush and I love the combination of the two products together. My skin glows and the flakes are gone. Plus it makes my skin look and feel clean. This is a great brush and I will definitely recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this product. Like everyone else, I was interested in the Clarisonic but there was no way I could fork out 200 for a glorified brush!
It is a lot smaller than I had anticipated but I'm glad! I don't have much storage in my bathroom and it's like hand-size so it's perfect. When you're using it, the head bit isn't so big that you get it in your eye by accident or anything.
I did not use therefore won't review the small tube of cleanser that came with it. My sensitive skin can break out to anything so I didn't want to try it!

Bit of back info. I used the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and it brought me out in red bumps all over my face. I think what caused the rash was using a muslin cloth twice a day so I was anxious about using such a heavy exfoliater daily. After all, even though the Olay Professional brush has 2 speed settings, even the lower setting is still very exfoliating. Regardless, I waited 3 weeks to review this just to see how my face reacted and it's been great. No horrid reaction to the change in harshness!

The best bit is the change it makes to your face! I find that my skin takes a week or so to settle with products and having had a steady skincare routine for some time now, I knew if I started breaking out it would be because of the brush.
I used it a few different ways at first but this is how I have now settled into using it:
Apply MAC Cleanse Off oil all over face, wet hands and massage face more.
Clean off mascara and eye makeup with muslin cloth.
Use Olay Professional brush to thoroughly dislodge all makeup around face (tried this gently on my eyelids and I wouldn't recommend, just gets messy!)
Wash off. Swish round LUSH Dark Angels.
I don't use the brush with my Dark Angels cleanser as it is very exfoliating. My skin must be getting pretty tough! Afterwards, I intensely moisturise with a thick night cream and I go to bed feeling super clean!
I use it sometimes in the mornings depending on if I think my skin needs it.

I've seen dramatic changes in my skin. It is more even, pores are more refined, significant reduction in spots/blackheads and if I do get any clogged pores, they come to the surface immediately and are easily extracted with one of those metal stick thingies. I think this exfoliation has almost helped control some oil, but I do use a day cream that controls oil too.

I deducted a lippy because I felt that it should've come with a travel bag or something to keep it a bit more hygienic and because I don't think the replacement heads are easy to order or cheap! The brush is 30 and you want to be replacing the heads every so often without spending a fortune. That being said, it's such an inexpensive alternative to the Clarisonic and I think this product is amazing.
RECOMMEND!!

on 1/16/2013 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Just got this because I would never spend 200$ on a brush that spins. I really like this! I use it every night I dont use the wash it came with because I have sesitive skin. I just lather up my Dove beauty bar and use this brush and rise! Then follow with some sea breeze, I don't see any dirt left over either! Love! Will continue to use unless it breaks me out after while...Fingers crossed!

on 1/13/2013 10:00:00 PM

I just got this in the mail yesterday after reading MANY reviews on it here. I really want to try the Clarisonic, but who has $200+ to spend on that?! So, I opted for the Olay since I've seen it many times in the store and always wondered how exactly well it worked. I have combo/oily skin that is prone to breakouts and it sensitive. For about the past 6 months (after moving to Florida) I've had cystic acne around my chin/jaw, which is the first time I've had a problem (I'm now 24.) I have tried many drugstore treatments, lotions/creams, and other things. I'm new to exfoliating because I've never had problems before so I never had a real reason to do it. I've been using the Olay Pro-X exfoliating system stuff which helps a bit, but i feel like it dries my face out. Last night I tried this spin brush for the first time and I did it on the highest setting (which is the deep-cleansing one.) I used the little exfoliant that comes with it, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It does have the little grains like most exfoliants, but I feel as if the grains could be a bit bigger for a better scrub. On level 2, the highest setting, I scrubbed my face and watched at how much makeup came off (and that was after cleaning my face first.) I thought that was pretty cool. As I do have sensitive skin, I didn't think that the highest setting was too rough or anything. I feel like it could be more intense. The brush itself is really soft, and maybe it could be more stiff. Afterward, I put on Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting as a toner (i read many reviews on that too.) I immediately felt like my skin was lighter/cleaner.
This morning, I woke up and decided to check out my face. I noticed probably a 50-75% increase to clearer skin. I was pretty dang happy about it. So, since the directions to this box says 2x daily, I used the spin brush as an exfoliant this time (on setting 1/the lowest setting.) Again, I used Dickinson's as a toner. I felt better yet again with my face. I noticed it looked a lot clearer. As some reviews say how their makeup went on smoother, I'm not so sure on that. I didn't notice a difference and if there was a difference, it was very little.
Tonight, I used the 2nd level setting again, Witch Hazel again, and it feels really really smooth. It is becoming so much clearer already and I'm really enjoying it. Who wouldn't? As for blackheads and making pores smaller, I have noticed the blackheads on my nose are bit smaller, but I think that might be because of the witch hazel (which I am SO happy I found. It's cheap, organic, and works!! It stinks badly, but beauty is pain.) The little machine could've used a stand or something to put it in to keep it completely clean. Oh, and I always was the head of the brush with Dial antibacterial soap and hot water.
All in all, I am enjoying this little thing. It might not compare to the Clarisonic, but for $20, it's not bad. Would I buy it again? Probably, unless by some miracle I could convince my husband that a Clarisonic is heaven-sent and that I must have it (which is highly unlikely.) So, don't expect to become completely clear the next day, I'm pretty sure that's impossible. If you're unsure, take the little plunge and get it. Try it out and see if it works. If you see an improvement, then awesome! If not, you're not out of very much money or time spent. Hope this helps anyone!!

on 1/13/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty cool little product. Because Clarisonic was so expensive, I went for this one. After seeing the good reviews here, I picked it up at Walmart for $29.99. I do not use this with Olay's cleanser- I use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser and this brush on low every night.

Before cleansing, I usually use a make up removing wipe Once or twice a week, I use it on high speed mode. I've noticed an improvement in my skin's smoothness and softness. I haven't had a breakout in about a month since I started to using this. It's like a massage for your face and actually feels very good!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools