December 19, 2014 | 1442 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE. Decided to purchase after reading reviews on there and it definitely lives up. Cost is appropriate and very good compared to alternative tools that do the same thing. Still get red spots where the blemishes would have been but has virtually cleared my mild cystic acne that I used to get under my cheek bones. Doesn't prevent the blemishes completely but prevents them from becoming huge and instead minimizes them to small red spots that are even with the skin and far easier to conceal & heal far faster. Have been using the cleanser that comes with, been using for about 3 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jess8780

I bought this because it had good reviews and I wanted to try something like the clarisonic but without the pricey tag. All I have to say about this product is that...I LOVE IT! It removes all traces of makeup, oil, and dirt without drying your skin. Ive also noticed my pores got smaller and i dont get blackheads anymore. Once upon a time I was afraid to wash my face throughly bc I would break out due to my sensitive skin but not with this product. I use with the olay exfoliating creme and I use minimal pressure to not irritate my skin. Im very happy with this product and I would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by hoijacque27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT GREAT Product if you want your skin looking clear and clarify, dirt-free and acne hassle-free, you have to try this spin brush and the cleanser t/g.
my face felt so clean and refreshing after each use.

the price is not as crazy as Clarisonic, but it works as great

i used to have acne or black head n blemishes all the time since i put on make up almost everyday whenever i go to work, after giving this product a try , i havn't been having any breakout from the "make-up residual" issue ( i didn't clean my face good enough for all the makeup i put on)
now i only get an acne or two before period which i can't avoid

the cleanser is Super Gentle with exfoliating micro-scub, not harsh to your face at all, for all skin type and sensitive skin also

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else, I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the clarisonic and I LOVE IT! My face has been clearing up tremendously and I credit that to this!
The first two times I used it, I used my Cetaphil with it and woke up with new pimples. Yikes! I think that was because the Cetaphil is so watery, it disappeared into the brush quickly and then the brush just irritated my skin. So I started using it with a cream cleanser and I am in love!
I have been using it for 3 weeks. I only use it at night and on the slower speed (although I do use it on the faster speed once a week). I use it for 30 seconds, put some more cleanser on my face, then use it for another 30 seconds to avoid irritation. I wash the brush after every use with baby shampoo and super hot water, then a cold rinse.
I was getting cystic pimples, but I haven't since I started using this. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. It is my HG!
Would I repurchase? Um, YEAH! If it broke or something, I would immediately drive to the store and buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by msjoannabanana

I just looked in the mirror at my skin and immediately had to come write this review. This brush has completely annihilated an awful cystic acne breakout on my chin/mouth area that i have been trying to get rid of for the better part of 6 months.

I do not use this with the cleanser it comes with, I use it with my HG salicyclic acid face wash by Clean and Clear. I use it twice a day and have not found it to be irritating or drying--my skin seems much less oily in general and baby soft since I started using the Pro-X.

Just had my period and did get 2-3 zits which is half of what I would normally see during that time of the month and now, 2 days after my period ended, they are almost all gone.

Can't see how the Clarisonic could possibly give better results because my results are already perfect! This is clearing up my blackheads and I feel like it is speeding up the fading of acne scars, though I will definitely need to seek out a product just for that once my face is 100% clear.

Putting the batteries in is majorly annoying, but worth it. If you've been looking for a solution for clear skin...for me this was it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Not too harsh on my sensitive/early rosacea skin. Two speeds. Helps me with exfoliating, where most scrubs irritate me too much. Reasonable price.

CONS: (See alternates regarding deeper-level stimulation you can get from the Clarisonic.) The battery compartment is ridiculously hard to get into. Had to use the end of my scissors to pry it off, and I was afraid I would break it at any second.

USAGE TIPS: For my very sensitive skin, I don't leave it long on each spot of skin, and I use it on the low speed. And I only use it at night.

ALTERNATES: I have this and the Clarisonic, and this is much better for my sensitive skin (even using the Clarisonic's most gentle brush that's name is "delicate.") I can see how some may prefer the Clarisonic for really vibrating/deep-stimulating the skin. There is some deep-level vibration with this one too, just not as much.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Been dealing with this nasty thing called "milia" and I've taken antibiotics and steroids to get rid of these whitehead looking things all over my grill. Anyway, I cheaped out on buying chemicals the doctor prescribed (one of the things was 500 bucks!) and my boyfriend suggested I just say f it and buy this.

LONG STORY SHORT, this thing definitely got rid of my face things and it's been clearing up my skin over the past two weeks. Feels horrible explaining my self diagnosed milia but I hope this helps out my fellow sensitive skinned ladies (or men)!

You don't necessarily have to stick with the olay cleanser provided, I've been switching back and fourth between the purpose cleanser which is really gentle and a tea-tree oil cleanser from the body shop.

If it irritates your skin, you're overdoing it by either spending too much time on one spot or not moving the brush fast enough.

On another note, I really believe this is an awesome small cheap dupe of the ever-so-popular clarisonic because honestly... who has 100+ bucks for a spinning brush?!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by puggy1234

Well, I'm not going to repeat what other people have said here. I too refuse to spend 200$ on a cleaning product. I tried this instead of the Clarisonic. I adore this tool. ADORE IT. I have combination; oily/sensitive skin. I do not use it on my cheeks where I am really sensistive, and focus only on the areas of my face where I have break outs, and a little bit around my eyes. I love how my skin feels and looks. LOVE IT. This is 30$ very well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by HillaryW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love my Olay Spin Brush! I bought it and used it for a while and loved it, so I decided to splurge on a Clarisonic. The Clarisonic just didn't compare to the Olay device on top of which, my Clarisonic's battery started to burn through the plastic, discoloring the area where you put the plug! Anyway, I had already decided to return it to Sephora anyway as I was not impressed. So I bought new brushes and resumed using my Olay Brush. I use a lot of products on my face including Tazorac %0.1 and beta hydroxy acid peel pads, but the Olay brush still doesn't irritate my skin (which believe it or not is sensitive). It effectively cleans away all of my make-up and if I do use a toner, the pad comes away clean. I don't use the Olay cleanser, I alternate between organic baby shampoo, M2 Mandelic acid cleanser and Liz Earle Hot Cloth cream cleanser (which works the best with this brush). I also have to mention that I get dandruff on my face and this brush helps keep it at bay. I just bought one for my mother-in-law for Christmas. Can't recommend it enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Megan0509

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I never ever write reviews on items because generally they are never spectacular. I started using the Olay Pro X Advanced Cleaning System brush because I was on the verge of going to the dermatologist due to the fact that I have had a huge problem with cystic acne that refuses to go away. I have tried proactiv, cetaphil, panoxyl, and phisoderm with no relief what so ever. I decided to try Olay Pro X Clear, it helped but not what I was hoping for. I still had at least 5 cyctic acne spots daily not to mention my pores were HUGE! So before I ran to the dermatologist I decided to pick up the Pro X brush. I have been using it for a little over a week along with my Olay Pro X Clear and I have seen amazing results! My face is so much clearer, I have not had a cystic spot on my face since and my face has a more even tone with very few bumps and enlarged pores and my face is significantly less oily, I am so incredibly thrilled with how well this seems to be working. After my face started to clear up a little I decided to try taking fish oil pills as well as I heard that it helps with acne, and it seems that with my face wash, brush and fish oil pills I am finally beating this horrible condition I have been living with for 13 years. So if your at your wits end with acne and bumps all over your face, I would suggest trying it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No