September 23, 2014 | 1624 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by itshannahthemaclover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

can i just say, from the instant i applied it, i fell in love. There are two main things i look for in a foundation. 1-amazing coverage. i think its important to always look flawless and beautiful and something that covers all my imperfections is what im after. and 2-extremely long lasting. i find reapplying the most annoying thing to do! its a waste of products and time! i have tried so many foundations in hope for a long lasting one and everytime im dissapointed. my skin is very oily and i hated always covering my face in powder to keep it on, and even then it always looked cakey and bad. This foundation looks amazing on, is very pale (THANK THE LORD), stays on looking great all day (however it does turn to a more medium coverage foundation towards the end of the day but thats still good to me). This foundation makes me feel so confident and i am in love. its perfect for those of you who are ghosts! hahaha. best foundation by far that i have ever tried and i will buy again. Also another bonus is that you have to use the smallest amount. i used less than a 5 c coin and my face looked perfect. this means it will last a long time which is good, becuase it is a tad more on the expensive side, but is worth it. AHHH IM IN LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this a couple days ago. Seems to blend better than Revlon Colorstay, with the same amount of coverage. It doesn't give me full coverage though, and I have to blend it with my fingers, instead of a brush, because it won't apply smoothly otherwise. It doesn't stay on my oily skin either...after a couple of hours, it's gone.

This was a pricey foundation. I like the packaging, the scent, and the return policy. Am unsure as to whether I'll repurchase, but for now I'll say yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by MsDemeanour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a brilliant foundation and even better than my previous love, EL Double Wear. A little goes a very long way. I have remnants of port-wine stains on my face that laser wasn't able to sucessfully remove and this covers them perfectly with very little to no concealer needed. I would highly, highly recommend for people who need that little bit extra coverage.
Slip is good (I use an oil-free primer with spf), doesn't crease or flake, colour stays very true all day, no nasty smell, beautiful light texture and most importantly it never feels or looks mask-like.
If only this had been out 25 years ago, I would have saved a bomb and my bathroom cupboad wouldn't have be littered with so many 'promised-a-lot-but-didn't-deliver rejects!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by leleethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Summary: I'm very self-conscious about my skin. I've been using this foundation every day for 4 weeks, and haven't had any breakouts or other issues with it. The coverage is what I'm after (ie full, but still natural looking as long as you don't apply too much), and now that I think I've finally perfected the application, I can't see myself using a different foundation.

Slightly longer version: I decided to try a high end foundation, to see if paying more money really can get you a better product, when I decided that the foundation I was using wasn't giving me enough coverage. I was a bit hesitant to try something new, because I have very sensitive skin and didn't really want to risk spending a lot of money on something that I might end up not being able to use because of irritation. However, I read the several favourable reviews for this foundation on MUA, and decided to give it a try.

Since it's so expensive ($68 in Australia!), I decided to go to an Estee Lauder counter to be properly colour matched, since I have a knack for choosing the wrong shade, and I didn't want to get it wrong this time. The lady at the counter was very helpful, and removed the makeup I'd been wearing, and completely made me up again. My shade is Creamy Vanilla. I wasn't floored by the application, but I liked it enough at the shop to give it a try at home.

The texture is a little thicker than my previous foundation, but I wouldn't call it thick. I find the packaging great - I squeeze a tiny bit on the back of my hand, and use a foundation brush to apply it. Before the foundation I apply moisturiser, as I have a couple of dry patches on my face, and liquid foundation doesn't sit well on dry skin. Other reviewers are right - you do only need a very tiny amount, especially if you put moisturiser on first, as it spreads very well. As much as I think it sounds silly and cliched when people say they look "airbrushed" with a particular foundation, that is actually pretty close to how I feel I look with this. I'm really not used to seeing coverage that good and natural-looking, and I found myself actually looking at myself for a couple of seconds in the mirror, rather than avoiding my reflection altogether, which is what I usually do when I catch sight of myself.

It's very easy to use too much, and if you do, the results are pretty awful - it looks like a mask. One morning I had to take it off and redo it because I did look truly terrible! I think that was only the second day I'd been wearing it though, so I haven't made that mistake since! It took me a while to get the amount to use right; I thought I'd got it right within the first week, but today I was nipping down to the shops so I only put around two thirds of the amount I usually use on the back of my hand, since I was just going to do a quick 'fix up', rather than the makeup I'd wear for a full day at work, for example. I think the results with the smaller amount were even better than the results I'd become used to and been happy with.

In terms of how long it lasts, I do have oily skin around the nose area, and a couple of dry patches, so I've found that a touch up is beneficial (although not essential) towards the end of the day. However, I'm very happy with the lasting power.

Removal is easy, as I use a makeup remover specifically for long-lasting makeup.

Unfortunately, this foundation is very expensive, but for me it's worth it, as until now I hadn't been able to find a foundation that gave me the coverage and lasting power I wanted. I will definitely buy this foundation again when I run out.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Kattox99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying i have majorly oily skin and normal foundations usually melts off my face (victoria b kinda oily), and i swear this foundation is the only one so far i found too stays on my face all day! it's fantastic! - yet i still need to use a light powder after becuase it can give me a slight shine - but I have a oil stick for a face so nevermind that, the important thing is it STAYS ON! :] the only thing i have agaisnt this foundation is the colour rage.. its pretty pathetic...

ox

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by DHM

I have very acne-prone skin with multiple scars and so far this has worked wonders on my skin. I used to use Clinique's acne solutions foundation but when I read reviews on this one, I decided to change it up a bit. It really does cover up almost EVERYTHING. Be careful not to be too generous with it because a little goes a long way. When I first started using it, I made a mess because of its thickness but once you develop your own technique, it really gets the job done. I usually finish it off with MAC NC 35. The only downside is the limited shades and the fact that it makes my face look extremely white in pictures, so make sure you get a shade that is super blendable with your skin color or else you will be looking like Casper. Overall, I don't belive it to be my HG foundation, but it's the best I've found yet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To put it simplyThis product works

It is slightly on the matte side BUT there is a way around that, spritz you’re brush lightly once with water or MAC fix plus, alternativly dab your brush into a tiny amount of water, blot any excess on a tissue and blend the foundation into your skin… The result… A more natural look YET with the same coverage… The coverage on this is impeccable!!!
It can even be used after another foundation to spot conceal…. And the most minimal amount of product is required!

Provides REAL full coverage!!! Great Product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by meriemceni

i have used this product for years i used the old one as well but that has been discontinued so i moved onto this one i don't notice any major diffrence's between the two just the color names have changed but the lady's at the counter can help you out with that they have a chart its a full coverage foundation that lasts all day and night i have used every foundation out there and this by far is the best the down side is there isnt a large colour selction and it does have titanium in there so in photos you will appear white like a ghost but besides that great buy

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MsHoughtaling

I love the quality and staying power of this foundation. It does have great coverage and depending on how much you use and if you use a mixer or base it can look either flawless or very fake and cakey... I would always use just a tiny bit mixed with either DW Light or Spotlight Cream. Now here's the really bad part. I broke out with a SERIOUS case of acne while using this foundation, and all the other estee lauder foundations too. I LOVE estee's foundations though :( I do recommend this foundation however... I just have very sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by MoeMoe28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For 2 years I have been looking for a foundation that covers everything and doesn't irritate my skin. And i've gotta say this IS it! I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!!! <3