September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by leleethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Summary: I'm very self-conscious about my skin. I've been using this foundation every day for 4 weeks, and haven't had any breakouts or other issues with it. The coverage is what I'm after (ie full, but still natural looking as long as you don't apply too much), and now that I think I've finally perfected the application, I can't see myself using a different foundation.

Slightly longer version: I decided to try a high end foundation, to see if paying more money really can get you a better product, when I decided that the foundation I was using wasn't giving me enough coverage. I was a bit hesitant to try something new, because I have very sensitive skin and didn't really want to risk spending a lot of money on something that I might end up not being able to use because of irritation. However, I read the several favourable reviews for this foundation on MUA, and decided to give it a try.

Since it's so expensive ($68 in Australia!), I decided to go to an Estee Lauder counter to be properly colour matched, since I have a knack for choosing the wrong shade, and I didn't want to get it wrong this time. The lady at the counter was very helpful, and removed the makeup I'd been wearing, and completely made me up again. My shade is Creamy Vanilla. I wasn't floored by the application, but I liked it enough at the shop to give it a try at home.

The texture is a little thicker than my previous foundation, but I wouldn't call it thick. I find the packaging great - I squeeze a tiny bit on the back of my hand, and use a foundation brush to apply it. Before the foundation I apply moisturiser, as I have a couple of dry patches on my face, and liquid foundation doesn't sit well on dry skin. Other reviewers are right - you do only need a very tiny amount, especially if you put moisturiser on first, as it spreads very well. As much as I think it sounds silly and cliched when people say they look "airbrushed" with a particular foundation, that is actually pretty close to how I feel I look with this. I'm really not used to seeing coverage that good and natural-looking, and I found myself actually looking at myself for a couple of seconds in the mirror, rather than avoiding my reflection altogether, which is what I usually do when I catch sight of myself.

It's very easy to use too much, and if you do, the results are pretty awful - it looks like a mask. One morning I had to take it off and redo it because I did look truly terrible! I think that was only the second day I'd been wearing it though, so I haven't made that mistake since! It took me a while to get the amount to use right; I thought I'd got it right within the first week, but today I was nipping down to the shops so I only put around two thirds of the amount I usually use on the back of my hand, since I was just going to do a quick 'fix up', rather than the makeup I'd wear for a full day at work, for example. I think the results with the smaller amount were even better than the results I'd become used to and been happy with.

In terms of how long it lasts, I do have oily skin around the nose area, and a couple of dry patches, so I've found that a touch up is beneficial (although not essential) towards the end of the day. However, I'm very happy with the lasting power.

Removal is easy, as I use a makeup remover specifically for long-lasting makeup.

Unfortunately, this foundation is very expensive, but for me it's worth it, as until now I hadn't been able to find a foundation that gave me the coverage and lasting power I wanted. I will definitely buy this foundation again when I run out.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Kattox99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying i have majorly oily skin and normal foundations usually melts off my face (victoria b kinda oily), and i swear this foundation is the only one so far i found too stays on my face all day! it's fantastic! - yet i still need to use a light powder after becuase it can give me a slight shine - but I have a oil stick for a face so nevermind that, the important thing is it STAYS ON! :] the only thing i have agaisnt this foundation is the colour rage.. its pretty pathetic...

ox

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by DHM

I have very acne-prone skin with multiple scars and so far this has worked wonders on my skin. I used to use Clinique's acne solutions foundation but when I read reviews on this one, I decided to change it up a bit. It really does cover up almost EVERYTHING. Be careful not to be too generous with it because a little goes a long way. When I first started using it, I made a mess because of its thickness but once you develop your own technique, it really gets the job done. I usually finish it off with MAC NC 35. The only downside is the limited shades and the fact that it makes my face look extremely white in pictures, so make sure you get a shade that is super blendable with your skin color or else you will be looking like Casper. Overall, I don't belive it to be my HG foundation, but it's the best I've found yet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To put it simplyThis product works

It is slightly on the matte side BUT there is a way around that, spritz you’re brush lightly once with water or MAC fix plus, alternativly dab your brush into a tiny amount of water, blot any excess on a tissue and blend the foundation into your skin… The result… A more natural look YET with the same coverage… The coverage on this is impeccable!!!
It can even be used after another foundation to spot conceal…. And the most minimal amount of product is required!

Provides REAL full coverage!!! Great Product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by meriemceni

i have used this product for years i used the old one as well but that has been discontinued so i moved onto this one i don't notice any major diffrence's between the two just the color names have changed but the lady's at the counter can help you out with that they have a chart its a full coverage foundation that lasts all day and night i have used every foundation out there and this by far is the best the down side is there isnt a large colour selction and it does have titanium in there so in photos you will appear white like a ghost but besides that great buy

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MsHoughtaling

I love the quality and staying power of this foundation. It does have great coverage and depending on how much you use and if you use a mixer or base it can look either flawless or very fake and cakey... I would always use just a tiny bit mixed with either DW Light or Spotlight Cream. Now here's the really bad part. I broke out with a SERIOUS case of acne while using this foundation, and all the other estee lauder foundations too. I LOVE estee's foundations though :( I do recommend this foundation however... I just have very sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by MoeMoe28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For 2 years I have been looking for a foundation that covers everything and doesn't irritate my skin. And i've gotta say this IS it! I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!!! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by snoopyf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation, Several years ago the original estee lauder maximum cover foundation was my HG, though I always wished there were a greater range of colours, especially as I am very pale and the lightest was too dark for me, back then I was in to tanning though so it made up for the difference. However over time I gave up the sunbeds and with them, I had to give up my HG foundation as it was just too dark.

Years later I discover estee lauder has re-launched the product, new packaging, different formula, and a couple more shades, including a lighter one! I went out and bought one and and was pleasantly surprised at just how light the lightest shade is. The lightest (called "very light") is equivalent to "bone" in double wear and is lighter than mac NC15. So, moving on, here are thoughts on this foundation:

Coverage: Full coverage, I mean REALLY full coverage (but does not look mask like or like you are wearing lots of makeup).

Look: smooth, non-powdery, matte/semi-matte. Very porcelain doll-like.

Pros:

- genuine, non-orange pale shade available
- cover is, bar none, the best coverage I have ever found in any foundation. This covers EVERYTHING - even the worst dark circles are obliterated with this. Anyone who is insecure about spots, scars, rosacea, sun spots, pigmentation problems, etc, this foundation is a wonderful product for you.
- following on from the above point, this works as a concealer and foundation, so no need to bother with an extra concealer.
- a tiny, tiny bit goes a long way.
- looks and feels smooth, creates a nice looking texture on the skin
- is breathable and feels light
- long lasting, water and sweat resistant.
- will get you compliments on your "great skin".
- easily buildable
- goes on easy with a foundation brush or your fingers, both work fine.

Cons:
- still not enough shades available, those with very dark skin wouldn't be able to use this, and as there are only 6 shades, many may find they have to mix two shades together to get their perfect match, which means buying two bottles instead of one.
- Got to make sure you really cleanse your skin after taking this stuff off, since it is water-resistant (which is also a pro).

There aren't any real cons, but I deducted a lippie due to the poor shae selection. Overall this is a great foundation which is simply wonderful for those of us who are insecure about our skin, and this new version I feel is even better than the old one. It looks and feels lighter and more natural yet it still covers just as well as the old discontinued version.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by msmommarn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product on a beauty board suggestion. I have tried several foundations looking for full coverage. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is amazing. Variety of colors. Medium thickness. Best applied with sponge or brush. The look full coverage flawless matte foundation that lasts and lasts through swimming, sweat and tears. I love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ratiocinative

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, let me say, that I've been searching for the perfect foundation for years. I've tried everything from Rimmel, to Benefit, to Clinique, to Mac, to Loreal, etc, and absolutely none have compared to this. I have a blemish problem due to my PCOS and as a result, I'm quite prone to spots, thankfully this foundation acts as both a concealer and foundation, it covers my skin flawlessly. It glides on your skin smoothly and easily, and it's certainly not as thick as you would initially assume, it's incredibly easy to apply so long as you have a decent foundation brush. Second, I was worried about getting a mismatched colour due to the cost so I told the woman at the EL counter at Selfridges that I wear fake tan so was looking for a colour that matched my skin tone, whilst not being too light or too dark - she did just that and matched me with creamy tan. It isn't orange and it fits me perfect with or without fake tan!

Now, I know a lot of people will be put off with the price, but you use so little of this product it's actually worth it! I used to use quite a lot of foundation so would find myself literally spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year, with this, I don't think I'll ever have that problem. It lasts for ages since only a diminutive amount is needed.

In the end, this is the best foundation I've ever used and I don't think I'll ever be using another, I'm pretty much set for life unless they decide to discontinue it. It covers immaculately and I work long days yet it lasts for 15 hours! How some people can complain about clunky packaging when it's as brilliant as it feels/looks is beyond me, it seems quite pedantic, but please give this foundation a go, you won't regret it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No