October 25, 2014 | 1636 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by taylorlizette

I've been using a sample of this for the past week; I haven't actually purchased the full sized product. I'm not sure I'm going to either, to be honest.

PROs:

1. No breakouts - this is a HUGE deal for. My skin can be sensitive to some foundations (I'm looking at you MAC Studio Fix Fluid) and breakout really easily, particularly along my jaw. I've had absolutely no issues with this so far.

2. Full coverage - it covers everything, so much so that I haven't touched my concealer all week. It is also really buildable.

3. Matte finish - there is no dewiness at all in the way this foundation sets which is brilliant because the last thing I need is a bit of shine exaggerating the pores across my nose and cheeks.

4. Colour - I know a lot of people have mentioned they had issues with the colour range but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. This is the best colour match I've ever found. 'Very Light' is light enough for my fair skin but isn't too pink or orange that it accentuates my pink undertones. It doesn't oxidize on me either, which is rare.

CONs:

1. Tricky to apply - I mix mine with Napoleon Auto Pilot to thin it out and avoid caking but still it sets very quickly so it requires a bit of practice. The first day I wore it was an utter disaster and not a good look at all. I don't really like how it settles around my eyes or mouth either, it's a bit mask/cake like.

2. Drying - this is kind of weird thing for me because I'm really oily in my tzone. After a few hours my skin, other than my tzone, starts to feel and look dry, accentuating any dry patches I have.

3. Oily - I know this seems like a contradiction to the above point, but my tzone gets shiny quicker than any other foundation I can remember using, with the exception of Laura Mercier oil free foundation. When I use my blotting papers the foundation actually comes off in places, making it look patchy.

4. Expensive - this is pretty self-explanatory. $AUD68 is pretty steep in my book, since it doesn't quite suit me skin type.

As to whether I'll purchase this, I won't completely decide until I've used my entire sample, but at this stage it's not looking good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MissMarothy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this foundation about a month ago. I love it! Complete perfection over my quite imperfect skin. It takes a fast & thurogh application to get just right, as a full coverage foundation, it does dry pretty quickly.
It's my new favorite. I wear a lot of makeup & it's the ideal coverage I've always searched for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by teekay01

As with any vain woman, I've been on the hunt for a long lasting - blemish covering - freckle concealing - easy to apply - no nonsense - breakfast fixing - clothes washing - house cleaning - better than a husband - all in one foundation. Well look no further, as this Estée Lauder Double Wear Max Cover makeup is all of the above in a TSA approved 1 fl. oz. tube! The cover is amazing, and with a light hand, your skin will look flawless.... Good enough to eat. What are you waiting for?

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by bree2135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After researching extensively for a new HG foundation - I searched for bb creams, sheer foundations etc I decided to go back to an old favourite of mine - EL double wear. However on the EL website i came across this foundation which is like a super heavy duty version of DW. It is very expensive - $68 AUD for 30mls.

I am very pale with pink undertones and have dry skin that is prone to blemishes, large pores and a tiny bit of oiliness. I went to the EL counter to try it and the sales assistant was very busy so she quickly grabbed a brush and within a minute had my whole face done in number 11, Very Light. As the lightest shade in the range it was an okay match but the shade is quite beige/yellow based. I had no primer or moisturizer on underneath the foundation but I was still impressed with the results.

Virtually every blemish was erased from my face, my skintone was evened out completely. It had a nice matte look without appearing cakey around my nose or mouth. It made my face look radiant and bright in the store mirror and i immediately purchased a tube of it.

The packaging is in a tube and it seems hygenic enough but it will be difficult to get every last drop of product out.

PROS: Coverage is amazing.
This stuff WILL NOT BUDGE from your face. Its on there for 12 hours as stated on the box.
Will soak up oiliness and in non acnegenic which is a plus for me
It is a good quality foundation with a new improved formula.

CONS: Expensive.
Washing this stuff off was a tough job and I had to cleanse twice and use my scrub and it was still lingering on my face a bit.
This foundation is quite drying and felt slightly masky.
I wouldnt use this for a natural look at all and because it is matte it can appear ageing. It also enhanced the look of fine lines around my mouth.
I think this is a tough foundation to apply unless you have the correct brushes to really buff and blend it into your skin.

Overall I do think this is a great foundation and it gives my skin the porcelain doll flawless look ive been trying to achieve. Coverage and staying power are great. Would recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by itshannahthemaclover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

can i just say, from the instant i applied it, i fell in love. There are two main things i look for in a foundation. 1-amazing coverage. i think its important to always look flawless and beautiful and something that covers all my imperfections is what im after. and 2-extremely long lasting. i find reapplying the most annoying thing to do! its a waste of products and time! i have tried so many foundations in hope for a long lasting one and everytime im dissapointed. my skin is very oily and i hated always covering my face in powder to keep it on, and even then it always looked cakey and bad. This foundation looks amazing on, is very pale (THANK THE LORD), stays on looking great all day (however it does turn to a more medium coverage foundation towards the end of the day but thats still good to me). This foundation makes me feel so confident and i am in love. its perfect for those of you who are ghosts! hahaha. best foundation by far that i have ever tried and i will buy again. Also another bonus is that you have to use the smallest amount. i used less than a 5 c coin and my face looked perfect. this means it will last a long time which is good, becuase it is a tad more on the expensive side, but is worth it. AHHH IM IN LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this a couple days ago. Seems to blend better than Revlon Colorstay, with the same amount of coverage. It doesn't give me full coverage though, and I have to blend it with my fingers, instead of a brush, because it won't apply smoothly otherwise. It doesn't stay on my oily skin either...after a couple of hours, it's gone.

This was a pricey foundation. I like the packaging, the scent, and the return policy. Am unsure as to whether I'll repurchase, but for now I'll say yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by MsDemeanour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a brilliant foundation and even better than my previous love, EL Double Wear. A little goes a very long way. I have remnants of port-wine stains on my face that laser wasn't able to sucessfully remove and this covers them perfectly with very little to no concealer needed. I would highly, highly recommend for people who need that little bit extra coverage.
Slip is good (I use an oil-free primer with spf), doesn't crease or flake, colour stays very true all day, no nasty smell, beautiful light texture and most importantly it never feels or looks mask-like.
If only this had been out 25 years ago, I would have saved a bomb and my bathroom cupboad wouldn't have be littered with so many 'promised-a-lot-but-didn't-deliver rejects!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by leleethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Summary: I'm very self-conscious about my skin. I've been using this foundation every day for 4 weeks, and haven't had any breakouts or other issues with it. The coverage is what I'm after (ie full, but still natural looking as long as you don't apply too much), and now that I think I've finally perfected the application, I can't see myself using a different foundation.

Slightly longer version: I decided to try a high end foundation, to see if paying more money really can get you a better product, when I decided that the foundation I was using wasn't giving me enough coverage. I was a bit hesitant to try something new, because I have very sensitive skin and didn't really want to risk spending a lot of money on something that I might end up not being able to use because of irritation. However, I read the several favourable reviews for this foundation on MUA, and decided to give it a try.

Since it's so expensive ($68 in Australia!), I decided to go to an Estee Lauder counter to be properly colour matched, since I have a knack for choosing the wrong shade, and I didn't want to get it wrong this time. The lady at the counter was very helpful, and removed the makeup I'd been wearing, and completely made me up again. My shade is Creamy Vanilla. I wasn't floored by the application, but I liked it enough at the shop to give it a try at home.

The texture is a little thicker than my previous foundation, but I wouldn't call it thick. I find the packaging great - I squeeze a tiny bit on the back of my hand, and use a foundation brush to apply it. Before the foundation I apply moisturiser, as I have a couple of dry patches on my face, and liquid foundation doesn't sit well on dry skin. Other reviewers are right - you do only need a very tiny amount, especially if you put moisturiser on first, as it spreads very well. As much as I think it sounds silly and cliched when people say they look "airbrushed" with a particular foundation, that is actually pretty close to how I feel I look with this. I'm really not used to seeing coverage that good and natural-looking, and I found myself actually looking at myself for a couple of seconds in the mirror, rather than avoiding my reflection altogether, which is what I usually do when I catch sight of myself.

It's very easy to use too much, and if you do, the results are pretty awful - it looks like a mask. One morning I had to take it off and redo it because I did look truly terrible! I think that was only the second day I'd been wearing it though, so I haven't made that mistake since! It took me a while to get the amount to use right; I thought I'd got it right within the first week, but today I was nipping down to the shops so I only put around two thirds of the amount I usually use on the back of my hand, since I was just going to do a quick 'fix up', rather than the makeup I'd wear for a full day at work, for example. I think the results with the smaller amount were even better than the results I'd become used to and been happy with.

In terms of how long it lasts, I do have oily skin around the nose area, and a couple of dry patches, so I've found that a touch up is beneficial (although not essential) towards the end of the day. However, I'm very happy with the lasting power.

Removal is easy, as I use a makeup remover specifically for long-lasting makeup.

Unfortunately, this foundation is very expensive, but for me it's worth it, as until now I hadn't been able to find a foundation that gave me the coverage and lasting power I wanted. I will definitely buy this foundation again when I run out.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Kattox99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying i have majorly oily skin and normal foundations usually melts off my face (victoria b kinda oily), and i swear this foundation is the only one so far i found too stays on my face all day! it's fantastic! - yet i still need to use a light powder after becuase it can give me a slight shine - but I have a oil stick for a face so nevermind that, the important thing is it STAYS ON! :] the only thing i have agaisnt this foundation is the colour rage.. its pretty pathetic...

ox

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by DHM

I have very acne-prone skin with multiple scars and so far this has worked wonders on my skin. I used to use Clinique's acne solutions foundation but when I read reviews on this one, I decided to change it up a bit. It really does cover up almost EVERYTHING. Be careful not to be too generous with it because a little goes a long way. When I first started using it, I made a mess because of its thickness but once you develop your own technique, it really gets the job done. I usually finish it off with MAC NC 35. The only downside is the limited shades and the fact that it makes my face look extremely white in pictures, so make sure you get a shade that is super blendable with your skin color or else you will be looking like Casper. Overall, I don't belive it to be my HG foundation, but it's the best I've found yet.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No