October 25, 2014 | 1322 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil is my secret weapon, I use it for so many things. I use it as an oil cleanser, a moisturizer, a hair treatment, and it adds a kick to whatever product you mix it with.

When I massage it over my face, it removed even the most waterproof, long wearing makeup. When I rub it long enough, I can feel it dissolving the blackheads around my nose and chin. I use a wash cloth wet with warm water to wipe it away, and I'm left with skin that is clean, but not stripped.

I have skin that tends to be normal/dry in the cooler months, and combo/oily in the warmer ones. I find that this does a great job of balancing out my skin and keeps it looking healthy and radiant. I have even been able to get rid of my nighttime moisturizer altogether and just use a couple drops of this. It absorbs very quickly for me,and doesn't leave a greasy residue.

This does wonders for my hair, too. My hair is thick, wavy, and coarse, and I don't do it any favors by dying it at least once a month. After every shower, I rub a little bit of this through the ends, and I have seen a significant improvement in my hair's health.

For daytime use, I like to mix a drop of this with my Netrogena Oil-Free moisturizer, especially in the winter. I like the non greasy feel of this moisturizer, but when my skin is drier, I need a little more oomph. This gives it to me, again, without the greasy feel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

After reading the nice reviews about this product, I said to myself that I have to try it! I did and ...it didn't work so well...
I have combination, acne prone skin and this oil gave me pimples.
I put a few drops in my palms, I warmed up the oil and I put it on my face and neck. The first few times I put it on dry skin and I noticed that the next morning my skin was dry with some white patches so I put it on wet skin and the next morning my skin was looking better but I still had pimples. I thought I am having the purging but after almost 2 weeks I gave up on it. It made my skin look nice: smooth, clear and my pores were smaller but too bad it gave me pimples and it also gave me cysts on my neck so this oil is really not good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It's dirt cheap and I put one small drop on my face as the last step in my nightly skincare routine. This has become a staple moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by beeyoung

Great for castor oil/jojoba steam treatments. My husband commented the NEXT day how my skin was glowing and he didnt even know i did the treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ymfoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

***UPDATE
Sadly, I think my skin started to dislike Jojoba Oil. I might try it every now and then on my cheeks but if it touches my forehead or chin, I get clogged pores.
******************
Miracle Drug. It has corrected my skin, stopped my breakouts, purged my white and blackheads and has given me heavenly plump glowing skin.
Almost all skincare products on the market, deceive people into thinking you need to dry out your skin to stop breakouts... but this actually causes your skin to create more sebum than necessary.
Of course it makes sense to moisturize the skin so it doesn't produce extra sebum.. and joboba oil mimics the skin's cell production so your skin literally looks perfect!
If only I knew about this for the past 10 years. I could have saved myself the tears and antisocial behavior.
If you have acne, PLEASE USE THIS. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Use it in a weekly steam OCM treament. But most importantly, as a daily and nightly moisturizer. A few drops goes a long way!
Good luck!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this online after reading on acne.org that it helps with dry, acne prone skin. DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR FACE! It totally clogged my pores. It made me break out like crazy and I had to go buy Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and lotion to get help calm my skin down. I didn't just get little bumps either. I had a few huge zits that hurt like hell. My skin is almost back to normal now. NEVER AGAIN!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by oooooohnelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've seen this sitting next to harsh chemical cleaning products in my kitchen and looked it up here on MUA. Read tons of positive reviews and decided to give it a try. I was so sure that it was a huge risk for me putting oil on my face but I did it anyways. After 2-3 days of use I'm in love. I honestly think this golden oil is heaven sent. I have combination/acne prone skin and I would get little tiny bumps almost every other day, My normal skin care routine; For the A.M. I would wash my face with Purpose Gently facial cleanser (I personally recommend it for people with sensitive skin) For the P.M. I apply Alpha hydrox Glycolic gel or 10% Benzoyl Peroxide for acne spot treatment But I'm glad to say I'm ready to say good by to my old P.M. routine and replace it with only Jojoba oil, I can't say how much this oil works so well.. I mean great...like @#$%-ing awesomeness! I'm speachless. My old acne scars are fading gradually, Little bumps are subsiding, no new pimples popping up, my pores have reduce in size dramatically. I can honestly say I see an improvement to my skin the next morning I wake up and I've only been using this product for three days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this stuff, sometimes I use it as moisturizer for face or body. Sometimes I use it as cleanser, however I have tried using as an eye makeup remover and it really stung my eyes, so I don't use it near the eyes anymore. Other than that it is great. I like to put it in my hair at night or even in the morning to give it a bit of shine and massage a bit into my scalp to help with dry scalp. Very good value for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great multi-use prouduct. I have a really dry scalp, so once a week I give myself a scalp message with this and follow with Head and Shoulders and then a deep conditioning treatment- this leaves my hair clean, shiny, and completely flake free.

I also just got back from a vacation from Jamaica and I got badly sunburnt. When my face and body started peeling I slathered this on and then gently messaged the dead skin off with a damp wash cloth.

This also is amazing for makeup removal. I use this to take my eyemakeup off (just be careful not to get it in your eyes!) I also use this to wash my face makeup off and then I follow with my clarisonic and cleanser, so that I'm not just rubbing makeup and oil from the end of the day all over my face.

This also work for a nightly facial moisturizer. When I started using this I broke out for about two weeks but now (about three months later) my skin looks better than ever. You just have to deal with some breakouts for a week or two, but this has seemed to help with blackheads for me. I only use this at night though, it's too oily for the day. Also be sure to only use about two or three drops mixed with water. I usually put it on right out of the shower. This isn't a miracle product with my face though, but it works pretty well.

Lastly this is great for chapped winter hands and ragged cuticules.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No