Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 6/29/2011 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Sparkles have a place, but *all over* your face isn't one of them. This has glittery bits in it that made me look and feel like a disco ball - awkward anywhere but a party. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about a shimmer, I'm talking about an Edward Cullen all-out-sparkle factor. Seriously, I wouldn't even use that much sparkle in a highlighter. Because of that, I won't be wearing this and wouldn't recommend it to anyone over 16.

I really wanted to love this, because the idea of a cooling powder with water really appeals to me, as I'm in central Texas and it's often 100+ degrees out. The cooling factor was great and if this didn't have the glittery sparkle, I'd wear it.

I rated the packaging highly. I love the collapsible brush and the fact that it fits so nicely in the top. That's great. I'm really sad it's on a product I'll never use.

on 6/24/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this stuff.. Works good on my skin and does what I need it to. Im on my second container of it. I love the way it feels cool as it goes on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this as well! I was looking for something that would last a long time on my face in this hot weather since my other foundation/powder combos seemed to turn me greasy. Usually I would NEVER put a powder foundation straight onto my skin because I find they never adhere properly to my skin and just kinda sit on top. Then I always need to set my liquid foundations with some kind of powder and can never understand people saying their liquid foundation doesn't last or it melts off when they don't set it. Anyways..this actually adheres to my skin! you can feel it go on "wet" and it actually dries into a powder finish. So for someone who absolutely has to set her foundation (liquid or powder) this is fine to use on its own! I have found that using it with a primer makes it last and look fresh for longer. I had no shine breakthrough except on my nose and I usually tend to get shiny on my cheeks as well, but not with this. I had to spend about $16 CAD on this which is pricey for a DS foundation, but I suppose it is a liquid+powder for me so I'm only buying one instead of two products. I'm about NC42 and I find that the Medium Deep is just a touch too dark but will work well as summer progresses I believe.

The "shimmer" effect is no big deal, its not glittery and I believe if it were not present and the finish were flat/matte that it would make you look dead. This finish, to me, makes it look more like actual skin instead of thick, heavy foundation (think Studio Fix). One thin layer of this gives you light coverage, but you can build up to 3 and get medium coverage - anymore might feel too heavy. I like that it actually "sets" and when I touch my face there is no product transfer to my fingers. I find the included brush works well with the product

UPDATE: 11/07/2011 - I have washed the brush and experienced no issues whatsoever. All of the product washed out perfectly and the brush remained exactly the same as when I had purchased it. However, I find that the color Medium-Deep is a bit too dark for me and so I (reluctantly) gave it to my sister who is darker. I'd like to try Medium, but there are no testers in the store and don't want to risk not being able to return it because of the price. If i try it I will update again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: I knocked off 3 lippies, because I found after a couple uses this oxidizes and turns my face orange! It has also broke me out like crazy D: This is going back to the store...

I really like this - in fact, so much that I have stocked up on my shade! I bought this on sale for around $13 w/ tax (Cdn) from the normal $18-21, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. I really like that cool, damp feeling the coconut water gives. I also think it is because of this ingredient that the mineral powder adheres so well to my skin (I don't even have to put on moisturizer before I put it on!). This is great for girls like me with oily faces that tend to breakout from further moisturizing. Another great thing about Colorstay Aqua, is that I can actually use the brush with the product (the brush is of pretty decent quality - soft and full - not the regular useless things that need to go in the trash). The product also lives up to its name as the color does "stay" on (good for at least 8 hrs/lasts the my entire shift at work). I do need to blot my face with tissue during the day though, but I don't think it is the product - just my oily skin. Lastly, there is shimmer in this, but its not very noticeable on the face unless you look right up close (so other people on the street won't notice it) all they'll see is dewy, glowing skin :) So overall, I am super pleased with this and will def. repurchase once I run out.

EDIT: Almost forgot to add, this provides light to medium coverage, def. not full coverage even if you try to build it up.

on 6/12/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this! I ran out of my usual powder and didn't have time to go out to Sephora, so I had to hit up my drugstore instead. It goes on really evenly (using my own powder brush) and just gives a nice, light dewy finish. It doesn't have much if any coverage, which is fine for me because I don't or want it. It wasn't glittery on me, it just looked light, fresh and dewy, not too matte. It feels cool and moist when it touches the skin, which makes it a great summer powder.

I think this is a great product for younger normal-to-dry skin types that don't need any coverage. If you are oily, have large pores, fine lines or are looking for a fuller coverage product this is not going to be a good fit for you.

on 6/10/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I am on my third container of Colorstay Aqua and I like it. I wouldn't say it's my favorite foundation ever, but I like that it's a mineral powder that lives up to the Colorstay name. I am oily so I need something that sticks around and I really don't like using liquids, they clog my pores. The "wet" feeling does take a little getting used to but I think it feels refreshing (I live in a very hot climate). The little brush it comes with is not great for all over application, but I do use it to layer on more coverage when needed. Typically I use a fluffy powder brush to apply. I will agree with other commenters on the sparkles... I wish they would have left those out. As an oily girl, I don't need any help being "shiny" but overall it's an ok foundation. Light to medium coverage that can be layered, good staying power and a great shade range (I am Medium Deep).

on 6/8/2011 3:06:00 PM

AT first, Ill admit that when I tested it out on my hand it looked so shimmery and too loose. Then, the next day when I applied it to my face I was dissapointed because there was not much coverage. It did have a cool wet feeling which at first is weird. I used my own brush because the one given is pretty much useless. BUT!!!! after letting it sit on my face for ten minutes while applying my eyeshadow. the foundation ended up setting so NICELY! my skin looks smooth and even. I was so surprised and happy with it. I only use concealer with the product and it honestly lasts all day. it doesnt look cakey at all. As far as the shimmer, that does not show on the face. I think that may have something to do with the hydration part of this product. the only reason I did not rate it at 5 was because of the brush. I also got this when revlon had a buy one 50% so I only spent about $7.

on 6/7/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because it was on sale. Absolutely a pleasant surprise. The light weight is youthful and comfortable with a cool sensation when applied. The coverage in minimum but give a smooth appearance. Overall, very pleased with the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have olive skin and a bit of rosacea around the corners of my nose and mouth, so it is a pain to find a foundation that looks natural on my skin and that has nice coverage. I was running out of my Everyday Minerals Foundation in olive medium but I had little extra money left and no desire to pay for shipping + waiting for days to get my products. I went to Rite Aid and I noticed this one on sale. I bought the one in medium dark and all I can say is WOW! It is a PERFECT match, it looks natural, I can build coverage if needed and I look radiant in pictures! I really did not notice any sparkles like others have said. I also love the cooling effect on a hot, humid day. My skin is on the oily side and this makeup stays matte all day and lasts and lasts! Finally, my HG!!! :D
UPDATE: Alas, it was too good to be true. After 3 months, I started having a reaction to the formula and the mild rosacea around my lips was exacerbated by this product. I also decided I did not need to wear nasty chemicals on my skin, so I will not repurchase this.

on 5/19/2011 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I hate this. Not only is it very glittery, it magnifies every single pore on my nose. I will return this today!