December 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lemonraspberry

EDIT: I knocked off 3 lippies, because I found after a couple uses this oxidizes and turns my face orange! It has also broke me out like crazy D: This is going back to the store...

I really like this - in fact, so much that I have stocked up on my shade! I bought this on sale for around $13 w/ tax (Cdn) from the normal $18-21, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. I really like that cool, damp feeling the coconut water gives. I also think it is because of this ingredient that the mineral powder adheres so well to my skin (I don't even have to put on moisturizer before I put it on!). This is great for girls like me with oily faces that tend to breakout from further moisturizing. Another great thing about Colorstay Aqua, is that I can actually use the brush with the product (the brush is of pretty decent quality - soft and full - not the regular useless things that need to go in the trash). The product also lives up to its name as the color does "stay" on (good for at least 8 hrs/lasts the my entire shift at work). I do need to blot my face with tissue during the day though, but I don't think it is the product - just my oily skin. Lastly, there is shimmer in this, but its not very noticeable on the face unless you look right up close (so other people on the street won't notice it) all they'll see is dewy, glowing skin :) So overall, I am super pleased with this and will def. repurchase once I run out.

EDIT: Almost forgot to add, this provides light to medium coverage, def. not full coverage even if you try to build it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by barbiegirl83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this! I ran out of my usual powder and didn't have time to go out to Sephora, so I had to hit up my drugstore instead. It goes on really evenly (using my own powder brush) and just gives a nice, light dewy finish. It doesn't have much if any coverage, which is fine for me because I don't or want it. It wasn't glittery on me, it just looked light, fresh and dewy, not too matte. It feels cool and moist when it touches the skin, which makes it a great summer powder.

I think this is a great product for younger normal-to-dry skin types that don't need any coverage. If you are oily, have large pores, fine lines or are looking for a fuller coverage product this is not going to be a good fit for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by tigress511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my third container of Colorstay Aqua and I like it. I wouldn't say it's my favorite foundation ever, but I like that it's a mineral powder that lives up to the Colorstay name. I am oily so I need something that sticks around and I really don't like using liquids, they clog my pores. The "wet" feeling does take a little getting used to but I think it feels refreshing (I live in a very hot climate). The little brush it comes with is not great for all over application, but I do use it to layer on more coverage when needed. Typically I use a fluffy powder brush to apply. I will agree with other commenters on the sparkles... I wish they would have left those out. As an oily girl, I don't need any help being "shiny" but overall it's an ok foundation. Light to medium coverage that can be layered, good staying power and a great shade range (I am Medium Deep).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by leo311

AT first, Ill admit that when I tested it out on my hand it looked so shimmery and too loose. Then, the next day when I applied it to my face I was dissapointed because there was not much coverage. It did have a cool wet feeling which at first is weird. I used my own brush because the one given is pretty much useless. BUT!!!! after letting it sit on my face for ten minutes while applying my eyeshadow. the foundation ended up setting so NICELY! my skin looks smooth and even. I was so surprised and happy with it. I only use concealer with the product and it honestly lasts all day. it doesnt look cakey at all. As far as the shimmer, that does not show on the face. I think that may have something to do with the hydration part of this product. the only reason I did not rate it at 5 was because of the brush. I also got this when revlon had a buy one 50% so I only spent about $7.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Pam223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on sale. Absolutely a pleasant surprise. The light weight is youthful and comfortable with a cool sensation when applied. The coverage in minimum but give a smooth appearance. Overall, very pleased with the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have olive skin and a bit of rosacea around the corners of my nose and mouth, so it is a pain to find a foundation that looks natural on my skin and that has nice coverage. I was running out of my Everyday Minerals Foundation in olive medium but I had little extra money left and no desire to pay for shipping + waiting for days to get my products. I went to Rite Aid and I noticed this one on sale. I bought the one in medium dark and all I can say is WOW! It is a PERFECT match, it looks natural, I can build coverage if needed and I look radiant in pictures! I really did not notice any sparkles like others have said. I also love the cooling effect on a hot, humid day. My skin is on the oily side and this makeup stays matte all day and lasts and lasts! Finally, my HG!!! :D
UPDATE: Alas, it was too good to be true. After 3 months, I started having a reaction to the formula and the mild rosacea around my lips was exacerbated by this product. I also decided I did not need to wear nasty chemicals on my skin, so I will not repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this. Not only is it very glittery, it magnifies every single pore on my nose. I will return this today!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by MaryRoseGuevara

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just purchased it today.
-I was weirded out when it felt wet on my face when it really wasn't.
-The brush is wonderful! So soft :D
-Doesn't give a nice coverage as i thought it would and gives you a lot of sparkle.. I'm not sure if I like the sparkle.. But I guess its good for a night out..

- I would buy this again but I would only use it at night when I go out with friends or a date to give a dewy, sparkle look. But during the day I'm sticking with my Physicians Formula Mineral Powder. I don't wanna sparkle all day lol.. I rather shimmer and sparkle at night lol..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Would I buy this product again? Hell no! I purchased this in the lightest shade. When I first tested this out on the back of my hand, after purchasing it of course, I noticed that it was not finely milled at all and seemed to rub away when I tried to blend it into my skin. Basically, nothing showed up except for an insane amount of very tiny glitter. I thought it would be better if I applied it to my face, so I did, and at first, I noticed a very interesting "wet" effect. I took a double look at the product to see if it was wet but it was not. Anyway, I applied it with the brush provided and then applied with my own kabuki brush. No matter how you apply this, color barely shows up, does not stay, and you are left with horrible glitter all over your face. Oh, and the brush is soft but completely useless for this. It might be good to use while applying liquid foundation, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by agdeierl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today and man do I wish I had read these reviews beforehand! Very disappointed. I don't know how people can claim that this is medium coverage...seriously? I had to PILE it on at least four times before it was medium coverage. And then of course it just looked like a mask. There was no in between. It was either absolutely zero coverage or mask-like. I also hated the sparkles. I don't know how anyone would like this about it. I could live with having to apply it four times to get moderate coverage and I could live with sparkles (IF I wasn't going outside all day!), but I can't live with the fact that the lightest color they make (which looked very light in the packaging) is still about 2 shades too dark on me. It looked awful, kind of brown. Now I know I am very pale, but is it so much to ask that I expect at least ONE drugstore brand makeup company to offer a color that matches me??? Just ONE? So annoying. 11 bucks down the drain. And THIS, folks, is why I don't usually bother with drugstore makeup!