July 29, 2014 | 2026 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by srnarath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing mascara. My favorite by far. Better than high end ones even my dior one which used to be my favorite untill this one. Makes my lashes sooooo long without clumps! Seriously they've never looked better and i get so many complimants when I use this mascara! I do use it with a dior lash primer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by squidd

I absolutely love this mascara. I have it in black, it works great for me. Although I don't really like the scent of it I love the brush. These types of brushes definitely work best for me and catch every lash. It doesn't give me clumpy spider lashes, they're very defined and spread out. I like it so much I've already bought another and I'm on my second tube. Great product. I sometimes wear it over my Physician's Formula Fakeout for a little more pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by person60

I don't know why i kept re-purchasing this mascara, i had been using it over a year now. It has very little lengthening power although the volume is amazing and does a terrific job at separation of the lashes, it kind of reminds me of the newer volume express mascara the rocket volume, it did the same effect which I'm not surprize because there is a reason why the line is called "volume express" it's for volume. I have always notice the mascaras from the line never really lengthen my lashes just volume which is such a bummer. i will no longer re-purchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is hands down my favorite Maybelline mascara. My all time favorite is Max Factor's 2000 calorie in Rich Black but sadly this line has apparently been discontinued. So on the hunt for a new drugstore mascara I eventually stumbled upon Volume Express One by One. I believe I purchased it at Walmart for around $6.

This mascara does not clump, AT ALL. It seperates my lashes perfectly. I could probably apply 10 coats and still be clump free. It does take about 3 coats to achieve the volume and fullness that I like.

I have 4 empty tubes in a drawer that I haven't tossed out yet. Will be repurchasing again.

My Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara is still greatly missed though...that stuff was by far the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

A very nice mascara if you are looking for precise separation and added length. Doesn't do too much for me in the volume department, but it seriously does not clump your lashes together when you apply it. I prefer to do one coat instead of building it up & if I am looking for more length and volume I will top it with a coat of They're Real mascara. I feel like it is a nice base coat of mascara and starts your mascara routine off on a good note! When used as a bottom coat it makes other mascaras that do clump (They're Real, The Falsies) look better once they are applied on top.

Everyone should have this in their makeup kit - it can give a natural clump free look and also provides a wonderful base coat on days you know you will be layering mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always love Maybelline's packaging and end up impulse-buying their mascara more than I should, but this one was actually a surprising success. The wand is curved, which makes it easier to apply the mascara over your entire lash, and I get almost the same definition that I got with the define-a-lash (which is still my favorite). Overall a decent choice, and if I can't find the define-a-lash I'd definitely buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by 2292

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really like it. I use it for school because I have really short and light coloured (its not spelt wrong I'm from NZ) lashes. I have non waterproof one, it will rain and it won't come off or smudge which is good. Comes off really easy with water and face cleanser. It makes my lashes longer and darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by KrystalKat18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Love this mascara! It makes my lashes super long and black. It doesn't add that much volume but it doesn't clump like many mascaras do. The brush has so many little bristles it picks up all my lashes! It's usually about $14 or $10 when on sale, which isn't to bad. I love this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 More reviews by elisemaycooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really enjoying using this mascara! If you are looking for a really dramatic eyelash look, then this is probably not for you. But this is a great everyday mascara that is light and separates my lashes nicely. You can build up a bolder look with more coats, but it is not a clumpy dramatic mascara.
I was brave and bought the non waterproof black version, and while I was scared of smudging I didn't experience any! It comes off easily enough in water and does not stay glued to your eyelashes like so many other mascaras do. The perfect mascara if you are looking for something to wear everyday that is not over the top.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes: They are decently long but not as thick. I've been using the Etude House Lash Serum to help it strengthen and make it healthier since I do use mascara frequently. I have the one by one mascara in very black.

PACKAGING: I absolutely ADORE the coral-pink packaging. It is so pretty and I am a sucker for packaging that are pretty, vibrant and those that catches my eyes.

QUALITY: This mascara definitely gave definition to my lashes! It does not help in volume though. I use about 2 coats of this mascara and by the third coat, it gets clumpy on my lashes! It does give definition and separates my lashes.

BRUSH: It has a hard plastic brush which forces my lashes to separate. The tip is tapered which is helpful in getting into those lashes at the inner corner.

Waterproof: This does not flake or smudge. The mascaras is really waterproof and it lasts all day. I use my ponds cold cream together with my simple cleansing wipes and it comes right off.

In conclusion, I feel that this mascara does live up to its claims but I will not repurchase it again because I feel that there are other mascaras out there which are way better. This is a very simple everyday mascara. You can definitely build up the coats for a more dramatic look but I would stay away from that because it does get clumpy at the base of my lashes. FYI, I do not wait for the mascara to dry. I apply it while its wet