April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by laurenmarieXCIX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I was looking for a mascara, I had a coupon for Maybelline, so I decided to give it a try. I went on YouTube and AlisonLovesJB had this in her mascara routine. Her lashes looked amazing...It didn't have the same exact effect on my sparse lashes. At first, I didn't really like it, I thought it was a little too wet. Then after about a week, I guess it dried up to a more creamy consistency. This IS a mascara that you should apply altogether, not apply a coat, let it dry, then apply a coat on top. Also, despite its name, you shouldn't apply too much, especially if its brand new, because it will clump a little on you. This mascara obviously will provide length, but its better as a "volume" mascara to give you fuller, not really longer lashes. I really didn't like this mascara at first...I thought it smelled weird( floral smell) and was too wet, but just give it a chance and it will get better.(I still like Covergirl Last Blast Volume better) Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this mascara! I have been using my Benefit They're Real and Clinique High Impact mascara together for the longest time to give me my favorite, go to look. Recently I started using this mascara by Maybelline and fell in love. It gives me the same look for a fraction of the price. Definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

I like this because I'm blonde, and this helps your lashes look really long and slightly volumized, but is not too thick, so it looks pretty natural. I don't really notice flaking. The smell is not good, but you can definitely get over that.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Karoogirl

My favourite mascara! It lengthens, thickens and it last quite long. Love the brush! Lashes look great without putting a lot of effort in when applying. I have received tons of complements when wearing this mascara and some people actually asked me if these are my own lashes or whether I have extensions :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the way this mascara applies -- it goes on smoothly, it gives me volume, and it looks good. The bad thing about this is its staying power. When I apply it in the morning, by the afternoon I already have flakes all around my eyes area. I even use a mascara primer! This mascara flakes off and by the evening, it looks like I've slept all day and rubbed by eye makeup off. EDIT: I forgot to mention that this product has the worst smell. It smells like a classroom and can be a major turnoff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Every time I apply my eye make up I feel like I have something in my eye. I thought it was my eye shadow that was doing this so I was really tapping off my brush before applying and still, within a minute, I had that fleck of something stuck in my eye feeling. It would literally drive me crazy because the irritation was so annoying to deal with all day long. I began to wonder if it was my mascara, which was Maybelline Volume Express One by One, because I was noticing I always had flakes under my eyes of mascara throughout the day that I was contantly having to wipe away. So it made sense that those flakes were also making into my eyes. I changed mascaras and what do you know, no gunk in my eye feeling anymore. So it was the Maybelline mascara that was messing with my eyes.

Also, I would have to say that the application wasn't anything to write home about. I mean, it was okay. But I never felt like "WOW!" after I applied this mascara. It didn't make my lashes pretty or look that much fuller. It was so so.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I had to buy two of these to get a decent price, and I was so sure I was going to like it based on a review I read in a magazine (I know, I should have learned by now), so I went for it. First, it is very heavy, so it weighs down my lashes. It also clumps. But the reason for my low rating is it flakes like crazy. The flakes got in my eyes, and it hurt! Oh well. So I have a second, unopened one but I wouldn't subject anyone else to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Flirted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. Very lengthening, not too wet or too dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
dark black
nice brush
okay for bottom lashes
doesn't smudge, minimal flaking
cute packaging

CONS:
doesn't hold a curl
really heavy formula and a lot gathers at the tips, making my lashes tilt sideways......
not a lot of length or volume
groups my lashes together

One of my least favourite maybelline mascaras. Even with my shiseido nourishing mascara base, it still wouldn't hold a curl and it just looked weird tilting sideways. But I'm Asian and I have a white friend that really likes this. Works better on thicker lashes I think, it wouldn't tilt as much. I'll probably just use this for my bottom lashes and I'll keep the brush. And it has a rosey wine smell, which I don't really care about.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would definitely say this is by far the best mascara I have tried! It makes your lashes look longer and thicker without being suuuuper clumpy