October 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by babygirl1605

I've always heard great things about this but its definitely not for me. It gives good coverage and controls oil well but its way too thick for me . It feels like a mask on my face. If it wasn't quite so thick I would probably like it better but this one is a miss for me .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

I bought this product as I wanted to try some hardcore full coverage in order to hide lots of red spots.

I currently have loads of dry patches and this thing just clings to every single imperfection giving the skin a very coarse, grainy, flaky disgusting effect. It seriously emphasizes EVERY.SINGLE.BIT. of bad skin I have at the moment, far from covering it, it makes it look so much worse.

***EDIT***
    Decided to re-review this product as I was probably not applying it properly. Thanks to YT I saw a video of a lady applying this layer by layer using a WET SPONGE, so I tried it out and it works out so much better. I would not recommend anyone to try and apply this in a thick layer using fingers, it's a disaster. It needs to be built slowly and worked into the skin in tiny half circles with a wet, flat sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVED THIS FORMULA. I got one and used it up. I was extremely impressed by the lasting power and coverage, it NEVER looked cakey. It also never oxide. So I went back to get another one once I ran out. I was surprised when turned me BRIGHT orange, and looked cakey and splotchy. I googled it and that's when I found out Revlon changed the formulation. They had an amazing product, why would they change it?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lauramrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product after hearing all the hype about it, and I really didn't end up liking it.

First off, the packing sucks. It's a glass bottle with no pump, which leads to product not being accessible and just general messiness.

Product-wise, it just did not look good to me. While it's definitely full coverage, you can definitely see this product on your skin. It looks good until you look at a mirror (even from 2ft away), and then you can see all the product. It just looked really unnatural. Staying wise it's good though! Honestly to me this was almost a negative (crazy I know) because this stuff DOES NOT COME OFF. It doesn't come off with water. I had to wash my face with a cleanser and SCRUB twice, and it still didn't feel like all the product was off. To me this seems like it could lead to irritation of the skin, but I didn't use it long enough to find out.

So I guess if the packaging doesn't bother you, and you don't mind being able to tell you have a full face of makeup on (as well as having to work hard to get it off!) then this makeup would be perfect. However, not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by czarlenette

im a MAC NC30 and i purchased this in 330 Natural Tan. With post-acne scars constellating my face, i was looking for a foundation with good coverage. This foundation did a great job covering my scars, and when applied with a damp beauty blender, this had the most flawless finish. However, as the day went on, i couldnt help to notice how much darker my face has gotten. This foundation oxidized so much!

I also had an issue with the bottle. I'd prefer it if it had a pump, but since it doesnt, i have to pour it onto the back of my hand. The foundation flows pretty fast, so youd always end up with some extra.

Also, if youre sensitive to fragrance, this foundation has a little bit of a chemical scent to it. It's not overpowering, but itll go away within a short period of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I have tried soooo many foundation products throughout my life, only to be disappointed by every single one...until now! I decided to give Colorstay a try after doing a search for foundations and sorting by most popular. I had my doubts: that it would be too oily, break me out, not offer good enough pigmentation, not last long enough, etc. It proved me wrong on all accounts. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
    Tons of shades
    Long wearing (at least 8.5 - 10 hours for me if powder is used to set)
    Really smoothes out blemishes and scars
    DOESNT BREAK ME OUT!! {this is huge because nearly everything does!}

CONS:
    Still need to blot at least once per day (not a big deal)
    Doesn't set as well or last as long if no powder is used
    Packaging: if only it had a pump, it would be perfect!

I just want to add that I took a risk and wore this makeup with some sunscreen while camping and sunbathing--normally a recipe for acne disasters--but while using this makeup my skin has gotten progressively clearer.

Oh, and I'm a c4 in MAC and natural tan seems to match really well, though I might need a bit of bronzer or a slightly darker powder during the height of summer tanning, but otherwise it is a perfect match.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale with a yellow undertone and the ivory did not blend well with me and there are no other light shades. It dries very fast which makes it hard to blend anyway. Every time I put this foundation on I had a break outs the next day. I would wash my face before bed but that never did any good I would still spend days fighting zits. Might dry fast but would get cakey over the day. If you have oily skin I would say this is not a good foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by beahmanela

Dont buy this if you have oily/sensitive skin. It's comedogenic and broke me out. The product is a bit thick in consistency and harsh for my skin..

Inconvenient packaging. Doesnt come with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I once reviewed the old version of the combination/oily skin formula, giving it a 4/5, but after sticking with the new one, I had to bump it down.

I've been using Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin in 240 Medium Beige since high school. It wasn't yellow, but it still had a warm undertone that kept my face from looking like too much of a mask. In one layer I would get nearly full coverage, and a poreless, matte finish that kept me within the realms of matte and slightly dewy until the early afternoon. A lot of this went away with the new formulation.

When I first bought the new formula, I didn't know that the product had been reformulated, and it took me about a year to really find out. The product from my new bottle was quite runny, but I chalked it up to the contents of my old bottle drying up with continued use and age. Then I found that I had to use three layers to get the (almost) full coverage that I needed for my uneven complexion, and that the foundation wouldn't dry matte. I love the matte look so this aggravated me! It took me a ton of powder to banish the shine from my face and to keep the oil at bay. Furthermore, the new Medium Beige errs on the pink side, so even before all the powder I noticed an all too evident boundary on my jawline.

Since then, I've learned some things about what skincare products worked for my skin, I started using a high-end, heavy coverage concealer, and my acne scars have slightly faded. I then decided to try a lighter hand with my Colorstay. So why do I still care about having a heavy foundation? I'm usually in a rush when getting ready to go to class, and something that covers is a huge time saver (= more sleep, yay!). In any case, after three or four hours in the summer sun I looked at my face in the mirror... Holy moly, I was on the verge of greasy already! The only parts that weren't so greasy were the sides of my face (I normally get oily all over), where I had applied my high end concealer to cover up my most prominent scars. I did this on a cooler day indoors as well and not only was I greasy at the end of the day, my foundation had oxidized to an Oompa Loompa orange! Maybe I should try Sand Beige, which from what I've read will match my undertone better, but will probably look way too light for me upon application (even the new Medium Beige looks a little pale). Then there's Golden Beige, but it's not available in Canada! Once I move back to the city for school I'll likely purchase a product from the higher end, where I'm far more likely to find something that will fit my needs. RIP old Revlon Colorstay, you will be missed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by theblondlife17

I really do love this foundation. It covers well and lasts practically lasts all day. I feel like for less than ten dollars you can't go wrong, am I right? I do like to use a primer and Elfs "Set and spray" with it - But even alone it lasts a very long time. And for someone with oily skin, that's great. Love!

Pros:
    -Covers Well
    -Stays On For A Long Time
    -Variety Of Shades
    -Great Price

Cons:
    -A Bit Thick In Consistency