MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 3/10/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently found this lipstick and I'm in love. I was in search of the perfect baby pink for my wedding day. I found this! I love the lustre because it has a glossy finish but it is not shimmery (didn't want that for the photos). It's a lovely light pink, very girly...I would imagine it would look great on almost anyone. I consider this pink a staple! It's subtle yet bright for a light pink. This one will stick around in my collection forever.

I didn't mean to buy this the day that I did. I was after a blush and was swayed by the pretty colour of this lipstick. Sort of a sheer-Baby pink colour. Like all the MAC lipsticks it's vanilla scented.

It's a lustre so it provides a glossy finish but not an intense colour payoff. It's more on the lines of a tinted lipglass. I love it though, but because of this the colour doesn't stay on and will need reapplying. Which does mean that it won't last as long as other lipsticks. If the Lipglass quality thats what you want then thats fine as I treat the Lustres like a lipglass rather than a Lipstick. If you want more colour and more staying power I would go for the Amplified creme or Satin formulas.

on 2/14/2008 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lippie! It's a gorgeous bubble-gum pink but not too OTT. Really cute and a must have for me :) I'm NC25 for ref.

on 2/13/2008 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love Lovelorn! I was looking for a pink like this, and went to my fave MAC counter but the SA didn't rec this one. This was the exact shade that I was looking for. So, I gave up and forgot about it. Later, when I was at a different store, I asked a MA for a nudish brown, now, normally I love MAC MAs but this one was a complete idiot, and she directed me towards Lovelorn for a nudebrown. WTF? Anyway, it was alright because this is exactly what I wanted originally. Yeay! It's the perfect pink lippie. No blue or orange, just straight pink. Very bubblegum and girly. I'm a NC35/C4

on 1/18/2008 10:13:00 PM

My 7yo dd picked this out for me for a b2m free lippie. Normally I wear more intense lippies but thought I would give this a try. This is a very fresh innocent mid-tone pink, it is ylbb, only in a little bit pinker way. It has a slight hint of a cool tone, not enough to appear lavendar, just enough to make my lips stand out from my face a little more.

I don't see any shimmer or frost in this, it is somewhat glossy. I would not describe it as sheer exactly, it is just somewhat less pigmented. I haven't had luck wearing lg over this, the sheer-ish formula doesn't look as good sheered out even more by gloss.

To begin with, I'm not a big lipstick fan (I mainly wear the lip conditioner). I'm asian with NC30 skin and I've got really pigmented lips and everything turns out quiet dark/red. I wanted a pink lipstick that will show up, be moisturizing and good staying power. At first, this looks kinda scary on its own..but when you apply two layers it looks amazing. First few times it takes getting used to...but not long.

I work in an accounting firm so it's tame for the office but i reach for this almost everyday. I don't use a liner but this gives a fresh, clean and soft pink look. It's NOT at all barbie doll or chalky. I don't wear this with gloss but this is an awesome everyday fresh pink look. Highly recommend it.

on 11/6/2007 10:33:00 PM

Lovely cool girlie pink. It is more pink and less peachy than Chanel Imagination, and it is less frosty than Estee Lauder Candy. Nice and moisturizing. Top with some gloss for more punch.

on 10/29/2007 11:41:00 AM

OMG I Love this lipstick. The shade is very Barbie pink, not sheer but not very pigmented either, just perfect. Im so hooked, I want more from the same line. Perfect pink for me.

on 8/10/2007 5:50:00 AM

Gorgeous colour, not quite hot pink yet not quite bubblegum pink. It's in the middle of those two yet not overbearing at all. I love it, a very Summer/Spring kind of look.

on 3/22/2007 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a warm, creamy pink that didn't look garish against my pale skin. When I tried it on at the store, I thought it looked very cool on my lips, but it seemed warm on the tissue when I blotted. I've since tried it with a neutral liner, and with a sheer coral gloss (Trish McEvoy in tropical nude) on top to achieve the look I wanted. It's pretty and fresh and I think I'll be using it often this spring, but I'm just not in love. The lasting power really does leave something to be desired, as well.

Recommended for Medium Skin