July 28, 2014 | 2132 users online

Lips - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by phragmipedium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a warm, creamy pink that didn't look garish against my pale skin. When I tried it on at the store, I thought it looked very cool on my lips, but it seemed warm on the tissue when I blotted. I've since tried it with a neutral liner, and with a sheer coral gloss (Trish McEvoy in tropical nude) on top to achieve the look I wanted. It's pretty and fresh and I think I'll be using it often this spring, but I'm just not in love. The lasting power really does leave something to be desired, as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 7:15:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

ewwww. For ref im nc25, blonde hair, grey-blue eyes. This is my own fault i guess for making quick purchases on a whim. I was browsing the mac counter waiting for a friend to meet me and this l/s caught my eye. Now let me tell u, harrods store lighting can be very deceptive!on my hand this looked like the perfect baby pink l/s, without being too pale/white and certainly no frost, so i thought why not and bought it (11). When i got home it looked somewhat different in normal day light and house light. This is a very cool toned blue- based, bright, garish pink. Really bright and looked horrible on me. Nice glossy finish and texture though :) The colour- horrible. Not the baby pink/girly pink i was after. I might try this on my nan and give her it as a xmas present otherwise its going back to mac!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is just eh. I am very cool-toned, and this very cool light yet hot pink just does not flatter. Stila's Liza is similar & much prettier IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2006 6:54:00 AM More reviews by arwens

my first lipstick from mac..bright pink and moisturise my lips..the colour is so beautiful and longlasting..moreover,it is flattering,my face doesnt look dark or pale with it..luv this lipstick very much!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2005 6:55:00 PM More reviews by LaurieAnne

Wow, this is my HG light to medium cotton candy pink lipstick. And probbaly my #2 fave lipstick of all time (#1 being MAC Pink Nouveau). I just got this.. its long lasting, with a wet shiny finish, but thank God, no ugly pearly frosty shimmery crap in it.. This is such a rare color - its cool/blue based (but not too cool), no purple, no red, no brown, its a bright, light, super pink thats very richly pigmented...if you're afraid of a ultra feminine pink innocent look, stay away from this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful light pink, quite bright. I like to tone it down with Dervish lip liner and I add a thin coat of Courting Rose lipglass to make it look a bit more interesting, since the colour by itself it's bright but a bit plain, for me. I've been told it's almost identical to Playboy Bunny Pink lipstick without the frost, which it can be a plus for some people. So try this one if you're tired of frosty pinks.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dlstringer08

I love this lipstick. I got it for free with the Back To M.A.C program. It looks GREAT with a coat of clear lipglass. I didn't like it at first, but when I put the clear over it, it was GREAT!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2004 12:57:00 PM More reviews by clare0325

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first natural colored lipstick and I love it. The finish is wonderful and doesn't make your lips dry. A perfect pale pinky color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2004 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Rose9543

This is a pinkish plum maybe kinda color and comes out like it looks on the lips, maybe a bit more pinker. Looks awesome with the MAC lipliner Dervish. This is really pretty with snowgirl the lipglass too. It is a nice color on me and I am pale. Very cute.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The trainer at mac picked this and said it'll flatter my LLL complexion. When she applied for me at the counter, I fell instantly in love with it. I tried to apply this at home and it turned out a pale pink that just disappears the minute I sip my first cup of fluid. I experimented several times by layering it thicker but it still didn't turn out the way the trainer had demonstrated on me. One day, I accidentally broke the lippie. So I decided to melt it into a mini pot and use a lip brush. WOW!! The result was awesome. The pink looked clear and bright. It looked exactly the way I wanted it. Gorgeous!