November 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by mindymadness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This covers very well but I have acne on my cheeks and tried to cover all of it with this.... It matched my skin but very obviousy had a different, cakey texture under my foundation. This is great for small spots. Also, i don't have circles under my eyes but I wouldn't advise using this because it can look obvious.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a drugstore dupe for the Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Do not use this under eyes! Especially if you have somewhat drier skin like mine! It cakes up quickly. I do like that it gives such great coverage and so I will probably use this for spots and blemishes on my face rather than under my eyes. Because this concealer is so thick and creamy it will settle into ANY lines you have, no matter how many. I am only 15 and I never knew I had lines at all until I put this stuff on! Be aware that this product runs light. Originally I thought I'd be in the shade light medium (I think that's what it was called) but it turns out that was way too light for me. I purchased medium and it was a better match.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by auxxyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the thickest and nastiest thing I've ever put on my face, it soaks into fine lines quickly and feels kinda greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by brielle1234

ugh, this concealer SUCKED. okay, that may have been a little drastic, but it's true! it's so cakey, and I used it under my eyes and it creased and looked powdery almost. I would never buy it ever again. two thumbs down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow lol...someone called this concealer "liquid y" and runny? NO. It's VERY thick and very creamy. It's super pigmented and covers like a high-end concealer lol. This stuff covered my rosacea like crazy. It can be very cakey so beware. It is very heavy and made for serious coverage. I use it on rosacea and under my eyes. I use a setting powder and it has not creased, although I see other reviewers complaining about it creasing. It has never happened to me. It lasts for hours with normal wear. Today I have had it on for over 12 hours with no showing of anything and no creasing or caking.
The colors run light, I found this out the hard way. VERY little goes a long way with this stuff as well. The little concealer pencil it comes with I love. I use it for my waterline and it gives me a wide awake look.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this to cover my under eye circles. Not a fan! It's very liquidy and doesn't blend all that well. It creases a lot! I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this concealer. It's pretty thick so you only need a drop and it lasts forever since the tube is decent sized. It;s good for blemishes and redness. My negatives about this are that I got this in medium and still it's too light. Also if I put it too close to my eyes, it creases in the lines under my lash line and looks horrible. It tends to look cakey. I feel that this ages my eyes, so maybe this is better for a 20 something. I still have a lot left but am thinking that maybe I want to try an anti aging eye concealer to avoid it creasing and settling into fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by JordyNicole16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product to cover my pimple pron face and dark circles... but it is only good for one of these things. It covers up my dark circles perfectly without falling into my lines, which is lovely. As for my blemishes, it covers them up somewhat but only at the price of making my skin look terribly dry.. and I don't have dry skin. After it is applied I look flaky everywhere.. especially on my forehead. This happens even after I apply my moisturizer. I'm very disappointed because I heard some great things about this... I guess it only works good for the oily girls.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging I purchased had both the Glamoflage concealer and a mini concealer pencil. I really don't ever use drugstore brand concealers. I've just never had good luck at all with them, so I sort of swore off the entire lot. However, I've heard really great things about the Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer, so I decided to give it a try.

First impressions: The formula separates easily. It reminded me a lot of Too Faced Shadow Insurance or OCC Lip Tars in that the pigment seemed to separate out of the mixing medium and even when it looked mixed in the tube, when dispensed, it always seemed to be a clump of mixed concealer swimming in a pool of extra fluid. Not great, but at this price point and this big of a tube, I don't feel bad wasting product.

It does have a nozzle tip dispenser, which I really like. It makes it easier to control how much product you get and it allows you to keep the product sanitary.

The product (when well mixed) does have a good amount of pigmentation. It covers well - not the greatest I've ever seen, but well. And a little bit goes a long way.

My biggest complaint with the product is that the formula reminds me a lot of liquid lipsticks. It has a slightly tacky feel to it. It's not creamy. In spite of that, I didn't feel like it settled too much into my under eye wrinkles - but there was some. Don't get me wrong, it didn't look great, but it didn't look near as bad as I expected given the texture. I do think the fact that the pigments seem to separate from the mixing medium can make it look patchy, especially if applied in a thin layer.

The other thing, it doesn't dry to a completely matte finish. It retains a kind of sheen, even when dry. I do always set my concealers with powder, which took down the sheen, but still, it's disappointing.

I will say however, that this particular texture would allow you to apply it in really thin coats, let it dry down and then apply more where you need it. If that's what you're looking for, then this would be great.

The pigmentation is good. It has good coverage. As far as the color, Ultra Light definitely isn't the lightest concealer I've ever seen - I'm not complaining about that. I swatched it next to my NARS Pure Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (which is not the lightest shade in the NARS range) and it was a pretty spot on match. The Hard Candy Ultra Light is a bit pinker, but otherwise, they're really close. (The NARS does have better coverage).

Wear time wasn't the greatest. It looked good for 5 hours, but after that it just sort of ... disappeared. It didn't smudge off or flake off or settle into the fine lines (any more than it did upon initial application), but by the 8 hour mark it was pretty much just gone.

The little concealer pencil that came with the Glamoflage was a total fail. The formula was super yellow and about 3 shades darker than the Glamoflage. It was thick and sticky and didn't blend out worth a damn. As far as extras go, I wish they wouldn't have bothered.

All in all, I think this is a fantastic drugstore concealer. It works better on spot concealing blemishes than it does on my under eyes. It's not the greatest concealer I've ever used and it's probably not even in my top 5, but it has a great price point. My favorite concealers are all high end and are easily 5 times or more as expensive as this product. For the price, it's great, but that is not my biggest consideration. If it's yours, you may want to check this out.