October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer - heavy duty

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by AlexeRobert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this to cover my under eye circles. Not a fan! It's very liquidy and doesn't blend all that well. It creases a lot! I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this concealer. It's pretty thick so you only need a drop and it lasts forever since the tube is decent sized. It;s good for blemishes and redness. My negatives about this are that I got this in medium and still it's too light. Also if I put it too close to my eyes, it creases in the lines under my lash line and looks horrible. It tends to look cakey. I feel that this ages my eyes, so maybe this is better for a 20 something. I still have a lot left but am thinking that maybe I want to try an anti aging eye concealer to avoid it creasing and settling into fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by JordyNicole16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product to cover my pimple pron face and dark circles... but it is only good for one of these things. It covers up my dark circles perfectly without falling into my lines, which is lovely. As for my blemishes, it covers them up somewhat but only at the price of making my skin look terribly dry.. and I don't have dry skin. After it is applied I look flaky everywhere.. especially on my forehead. This happens even after I apply my moisturizer. I'm very disappointed because I heard some great things about this... I guess it only works good for the oily girls.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging I purchased had both the Glamoflage concealer and a mini concealer pencil. I really don't ever use drugstore brand concealers. I've just never had good luck at all with them, so I sort of swore off the entire lot. However, I've heard really great things about the Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer, so I decided to give it a try.

First impressions: The formula separates easily. It reminded me a lot of Too Faced Shadow Insurance or OCC Lip Tars in that the pigment seemed to separate out of the mixing medium and even when it looked mixed in the tube, when dispensed, it always seemed to be a clump of mixed concealer swimming in a pool of extra fluid. Not great, but at this price point and this big of a tube, I don't feel bad wasting product.

It does have a nozzle tip dispenser, which I really like. It makes it easier to control how much product you get and it allows you to keep the product sanitary.

The product (when well mixed) does have a good amount of pigmentation. It covers well - not the greatest I've ever seen, but well. And a little bit goes a long way.

My biggest complaint with the product is that the formula reminds me a lot of liquid lipsticks. It has a slightly tacky feel to it. It's not creamy. In spite of that, I didn't feel like it settled too much into my under eye wrinkles - but there was some. Don't get me wrong, it didn't look great, but it didn't look near as bad as I expected given the texture. I do think the fact that the pigments seem to separate from the mixing medium can make it look patchy, especially if applied in a thin layer.

The other thing, it doesn't dry to a completely matte finish. It retains a kind of sheen, even when dry. I do always set my concealers with powder, which took down the sheen, but still, it's disappointing.

I will say however, that this particular texture would allow you to apply it in really thin coats, let it dry down and then apply more where you need it. If that's what you're looking for, then this would be great.

The pigmentation is good. It has good coverage. As far as the color, Ultra Light definitely isn't the lightest concealer I've ever seen - I'm not complaining about that. I swatched it next to my NARS Pure Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (which is not the lightest shade in the NARS range) and it was a pretty spot on match. The Hard Candy Ultra Light is a bit pinker, but otherwise, they're really close. (The NARS does have better coverage).

Wear time wasn't the greatest. It looked good for 5 hours, but after that it just sort of ... disappeared. It didn't smudge off or flake off or settle into the fine lines (any more than it did upon initial application), but by the 8 hour mark it was pretty much just gone.

The little concealer pencil that came with the Glamoflage was a total fail. The formula was super yellow and about 3 shades darker than the Glamoflage. It was thick and sticky and didn't blend out worth a damn. As far as extras go, I wish they wouldn't have bothered.

All in all, I think this is a fantastic drugstore concealer. It works better on spot concealing blemishes than it does on my under eyes. It's not the greatest concealer I've ever used and it's probably not even in my top 5, but it has a great price point. My favorite concealers are all high end and are easily 5 times or more as expensive as this product. For the price, it's great, but that is not my biggest consideration. If it's yours, you may want to check this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS PRODUCT. If you have dark undereye circles this is for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mgreene16

overall I really enjoy this concealer! I have fairly good skin but I get a few pimples here and there and some redness/oily spots and this concealer covers EVERYTHING! I wouldn't put it under my eyes though, it crease really bad for me. It comes with some kind of concealer pencil and once I figured out what it was I really liked it. I love using it to conceal the darkess in the inner crease of my eye. I wouldn't use this concealer for highlighting or on big areas, it tends to get sort of oily. For everyday I just use this concealer to cover up anything I need concealed and put a setting powder over and it looks flawlessly natural! its super blendable and feels light weight but a little goes a very very long way! overall I really love this concealer and I recommend it for anybody who's looking for a cheap heavy-duty concealer that works well and looks natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Heatherlynntaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great concealer for the price. Heavy duty. Covers well. And a little goes a long way. Doesn't make me break out and I have sensitive skin. I sometimes mix a dot in with liquid foundation for an extra heavy conceal. I hate that I can only find at walmart though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by marissacaldwell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, it is peanut butter packed with coverage and covers my acne really well, its really creamy but i wouldn't use it under eyes unless you use a line smoothing primer underneath because it can crease

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love some things about this concealer, so I will continue to use it until I find something better. However, there are some major downsides for me.

Benefits:
-really good price
-good shades for MY skin tone (probably not for darker-skinned people, sadly, but good for me). I have Ultra Light and Light. I use Light on my acne and Ultra Light to highlight.
-extremely high coverage. I have some pretty bad acne and if I put on a layer of this, let it dry, and then put on another layer, it conceals everything.
-tons of product for the price.

Downsides:
-really heavily oil-based. This could aggravate acne (which most people probably want to use it to cover!). However, it hasn't broken me out.
-It doesn't dry matte and if you don't put powder overtop, it transfers really easily.
-slides off oily skin and aggravates oiliness.
-after a few hours, I can see weird dots on my face where my pores have expelled oil (gross, sorry)

Overall: This is worth getting, and I can avoid most of the problems if I use it only in very small amounts overtop of my acne. If I use it to conceal larger areas of pigmentation, it gets very oily and my pores show up horribly.
When that happens, if I lightly pat powder on top (pat, not rub so it doesn't disturb all the concealing I've done), I can usually get away with looking fairly normal for the rest of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by danimiteable

I dislike this stuff because it dries up on the skin, even after putting on my moisturizer. It ends up making the product look flaky after 15 minutes. I also can tell my face feels suffocated underneath this heavy duty concealer.