April 17, 2014 | 1638 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to mascara for about 5 years now. I'm a bit of a mascara junkie ... i will absolutely not leave the house without mascara.

I tried dozens of mascaras...included the touted Maybelline Great Lash. Didn't like them at all...seemed to do nothing for my naturally long, but very sparse lashes (I am also gifted with tiny eyes).

I gave this a try one day and fell in love. It made my lashes look fantastic. Believe me, though -- USE AN EYELASH CURLER. It makes a HUGE difference. This mascara looks 10x better when you use an eyelash curler first, although it still looks great when you skip the curler too.

I have tried the Lash Blast length mascara, as well as the length + volume mascara. I still always go back to this one -- it seems to work the best. Also, avoid getting the waterproof formula....my non-waterproof one stays all day anyway and is less of a pain to get off later.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by onlyjessicax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLYGRAIL. Omg. I use this mascara every single day for school.
My eyelashes are naturally thin, and short I would say.
They make my eyelashes super volumnized, dark, and long. Not long to the point where it looks like spider legs.
I love it, as it never clumped or flaked on me.
It even curls my lashes even when I don't use an eyelash curler.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

his defines so well and lengthens and volumizes, all around perfect. i have a really hard time not getting this on my eyelid because the brush is so fat and my lashes are mega long. over all i like super thick lash better than this and its much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by xShainaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product made my thin, straight eyelashes look thick & curled. It's definitely my favorite so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cmtodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best Mascara there is!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE. It's rare that I re-purchase mascara as there are so many options out there. This is one that I will always have in the stash, it's a great two-coat brush on and go option in the morning, but with a little patience this can amp up my lashes so they look awesome :-) If I'm wearing falsies then the effect with some of this brushed through to blend false and real the effect is amazing. Even though this is a volume-focused formula I find that this adds enough length to be a great all-rounder for me. I thought that Chanel Inimitable was my HG mascara, this beats it hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Sophie1489

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just can't believe how much I LOVE this product! I used to be a fan of the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara, but stopped buying it because of the price (17 euro), which I felt was a little too much for a drugstore mascara.
Today in the supermarket I noticed the Cover Girl Lash Blast looked incredibly similar to the Max Factor one. In fact, I can now tell you in all honesty: they are identical. The only difference is in the price: Lash Blast retails for only 10 euro (in Belgium). So:

PRO:
- gives volume without being sticky
- separates lashes perfectly
- very well pigmented
- not too wet, not too dry
- leaves lashes soft, not "crunchy"
- the brush; though it is quite large, allows for a very easy application (no smudging on the lid)
- great price

CON:
- none! If I find any, I'll edit this review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my fave drugstore mascara. I have medium to long lashes to begin with but they arent curved and they are quite thin and sparse so I'm looking for lots of volume in a mascara. I wouldnt say I have tried a lot of mascaras but, at least a dozen or so. This gives me great volume without being clumpy. My lashes dont end up looking like spider legs after a few coats of this, and it builds quite well. The black is probably not the blackest black mascara I've seen but it sure makes my lashes look full, long and thick.The formula isnt too wet nor dry, its nicely done in the middle... I have not experienced any flakes and it stays on pretty well through out the day and holds my curls quite well. I also love the wand, its easy to apply and gets to the corner lashes well without smudging and this is probably the only mascara that doesnt get mascaras all over my lids. Removal is also a breeze I have not lost any lashes while removing this. All in all. I love how this looks on me. HG for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this mascara for me was just ok. the colour is fine, i like that it doesn't flake, but i really can't build it up to be as dramatic as i'd like. since it's meant to be volumising, i expect more from this than something i'd wear as an everyday mascara, which i prefer to be more defining and lengthening. so for my purposes this just didn't do enough and was very middle of the road. i think the definition is pretty good and everything, but for full on lashes max factor's false lash effect mascara is much better. even though it's a volumising mascara, i think it could do more on the lengthening front as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by patricia257

This is probably my favorite drug store brand mascara! It doesn't give TOO much volume compared to a lot of other fav ones, but it gives off a natural finish without clumping the lashes! I sometimes use this as a base coat since it holds my curls really well, then apply something that gives more volume (like haught and naughty by MAC) if im going out.

Overall, the mascara of my choice if I am going for the natural look~~!