August 21, 2014 | 1737 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by crazyjlyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I cant say enough about this foundation. I have repurchased it over and over. I ran out last week, tried another 2 foundations until I could get to the store (MAC Studio Sculpt and very strange Wet n Wild one) and ended up cutting off the tops of my 2 empty 25 Hour foundations to scoop out the rest to get me through.

...:::MY SKIN:::...

An oily bi%#! with a lot of redness, acne marks and blemishes.

...:::PRICE:::... 5/5 Lippies

I pay $8.99 here in Canada (Vancouver, BC)

...:::PACKAGING:::... 4/5 Lippies

The squeeze tube packaging is fine; hygienic, easy to squeeze out the last drop (and if you're desperate, like I have been in the past, easy to cut off the top and dig the rest of the product out with a eyeshadow brush *ahem*

My only complain, is that since this is a very liquidy foundation, when you take the lid off, if youre holding it with the open end down, you may end up spilling some. I dont really know how they could fix this though.

...:::APPLICATION:::...

Ive tried a couple different methods of application with this lil' fella. My favorite way to apply it is I pour a little on the back of my hand, and use my ELF Studio Powder Brush (the flat top one) to stipple it all over my face. I have acne scars and a lot of redness on my chin and upper lip so I start there and stipple outwards and upwards. I then take a clean, dry ELF Studio Powder Brush and gently buff in small circles. I honestly end up with a gorgeous airbrushed look (yeah, I have about 10 of them, I'm obsessed, but that's a whole other review)

...:::COVERAGE:::... 5/5 Lippies.

Medium/ Buildable. I have terrible skin. Im not exaggerating. Its red, bumpy, tons of breakouts, I also have PCOS so i get the wonderful problem of having to deal with hair removal around my chin as well. The coverage in this foundation is phenomenal. Id call it medium, but it leans towards the heavy side without being cakey at all. I can see if you use too much it may end up feeling thick or cakey but Ive never had the issue.

...:::LASTING POWER:::... 4/5 Lippies

My one complaint about this foundation is how long it stays "tacky" for. I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte powder and dont have an issue.

I work long hours. 10-12 hour graveyard shifts. I apply my makeup around 3pm. With NO touchups, but the time my lunch hour rolls around at 2am I'm still good to go, a little oily, but thats my skin being a jerk. I get home around 7am and if I needed to, could do a quick oil control, powder touch up and continue on without the need to redo my foundation.

Ive never had to go 25 hours without taking off my makeup, but I can promise you a solid 12-14 with this stuff.

Like I said, I have repurchased this so many times, and everytime I run out I try a new foundation, but always end up shoving it in the bottom of my makeup drawers and heading to Wal Mart for this one. If they ever discontinued, Id be a mess.

{More Reviews} http://crazydirtylaundry.blogspot.com

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Wow... this cost me about $11, which over in Norway is unbelievably cheap (bought from feelunique.com). I didn't expect much - I just wanted to try a drugstore foundation because I have tried A LOT of higher end foundations and wasn't all that impressed about the quality compared to the price. Here is a little list for you, just to see what I mean with my "high end" foundations: Kanebo, Lancôme, Chanel, Guerlain, MAC, Dior, Clarins, Make Up For Ever, YSL, Estee Lauder, Helena Rubinstein. The Lasting Finish foundation actually looks like a high end foundation!
I heard a lot of good things about Rimmel although not from MUA. I would actually really like to see exactly how people apply this foundation - I can honestly say that my experience with this is VERY different from most of the negative reviews. Many people say this is caky, but there are a few pictures very close up, of people wearing this, and there is no cakiness. I get the same result as in those pictures. I searched up the ingredients for this foundation, and everything seemed to be fine. I have sensitive skin, so I investigate the ingredients of mostly everything I buy before I buy them.
My skin type is currently normal, getting a little oily in the T-zone during the day. Sensitive skin. Most of the time my skin is pretty clear, but I might get pimples on my forehead and a little bit of adult acne on my jawline. My main concern is covering up hyperpigmentation.
What I want from a foundation: I need light coverage, good longevity and something that isn't drying on my skin - I hate foundations that make the skin look tight. I usually like a satin or slightly glowy finish. I have never managed to achieve a matte foundation look as my skin is prone to dryness and has never looked good with matte foundation on.
This foundation is between creamy and liquidy - it's a thin cream. It therefor spreads well and it's easy to sheer it down to a light-sheer coverage. It might be possible to build this up to medium, but it's quite a moisturizing foundation, so it might look a bit moist if you do. I wouldn't attempt what, I personally, call full coverage with this - it will be sticky and uncomfortable.
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin. The finish of the foundation is between satin or slightly glowy, depending on how much moisturizer you put on. You may be able to make it matte if you don't use moisturizer at all. It feels comfortable on the skin: hydrating (applied thicker it might feel sticky), BUT you might be able to feel it a tiny bit - this may be annoying to many people. The more you put on, the more you feel this on your skin. Also, this as fragrance in it, which disappears quite fast, but might be annoying to some people anyway.
This foundation isn't bullet proof, but lasts pretty well, but actually fit's dry skin, unlike many other long-lasting foundations. I would say it's transfer resistant - it's better than many other (even high end) foundations. If I touch my face, it doesn't come off on my fingers, but if I wipe my nose with a tissue, it will come off a little, but so would Estee Lauder Double Wear.
On me it doesn't crease, doesn't gather in smile lines, doesn't oxidate and doesn't look caky. It covers pores and looks very natural. I use a foundation brush: the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush works great and blends foundation into pores, which is good for those with big pores that need coverage. I use less than 1 pump for my entire face, jawline and a little bit onto the neck, with a brush, as said.The brush make's a GREAT difference in how this foundation looks! I don't apply this to my eye-area as I prefer something even more moisturizing there.
I'm currently an NC15 in MAC shades. I chose shade 100 - ivory, BUT as far as I have read, shade 103 - true ivory is lighter. Shade 100 is somewhere between a MAC NC20/NW15 - if you're NC15 or planning on using this more heavily, don't buy colour 100, go for 103. Since I apply foundations light, the slight shade mismatch isn't a big problem, but I DO wish I could have shade 103 instead. When you look at the foundation in the bottle it looks quite much darker than it will be on your skin (it goes lighter when you begin to blend it), so try it on your skin, don't just look at the bottle and conclude with that it won't fit you, BUT, if you are under NC/NW15, there are no colours for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by krsn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
- I have combination skin. My t-zone is an oil slick, and I have normal/dry skin everywhere else, with dark acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my chin. Any active acne tends to be very red as well, and my cheeks tend to get a bit red.
- I am Asian with yellow undertones. My colour in MAC (SFF) is NC35.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
I bought the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for $6 (CDN). I believe this is around ~$9 at Wal-Mart. This foundation is available in 9 shades. The packaging is a sleek black and clear tube with a twist off opening. The tube itself is not perfect - it tends to spit out too much product with a little squeeze and product also dribbles out of the opening sometimes. I have to store this upside down and lean it against something, or store sideways, which kind of defeats the purpose of the tube. On the plus side, it will probably be very easy to get all of the product out when it is almost empty.

* FORMULA, COLOUR & APPLICATION *
Lasting Finish is a little bit thicker than some liquid foundations, and it is very creamy. The colour in the tube looks WAY off from what the actual colour is like, so try and see if you can test it out first. Like the Fix & Perfect Primer by Rimmel, this foundation has flowery scent. This disappears once you have applied it, but it may bother you if you are sensitive to fragrance. I have this in the colour 202 Nude, which is a near perfect match for my NC35 skin. I'm totally impressed by this because most drugstore foundations are way too pink for me. I also purchased this in 200 Soft Beige to mix with the Nude colour in the winter when I do get paler and closer to NC30. Like another reviewer mentioned, both Soft Beige and Nude have yellow undertones, but the shade in the middle, 201 Classic Beige, may be more suited to someone with a pink undertone. This blends out very smoothly and easily. I am a total newbie with liquid foundation and did not have a problem with this. I have used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and my ELF flat top powder brush to apply this. It is wet enough that you can blend it out without having it dry up on you but it doesn't take forever to set either. It feels creamy and hydrating when applying but not oily at all. One of the things that I do notice about this foundation is the fact that it stays tacky for a while if you don't set it with a powder. This foundation has more of a satin finish than completely matte, which I like. It does not accentuate dry patches or pores and does not make my oily spots more oily.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
The coverage of this foundation is surprisingly good. I use a less than a quarter sized amount for my entire face for one layer and it covers SO well. I still have to use a bit of concealer for some hyperpigmentation on my chin just because it's so dark but that's it! I would consider this a medium to full coverage foundation, depending on how you apply it. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask with this on, and it is not cakey at all on me. Other face makeup applies very smoothly on top of this and seems to stay on MUCH longer with this foundation underneath. This doesn't seem to oxidize noticeably on me. I apply my makeup at around 7 AM every day and I usually don't take my makeup off until 10 or 11 PM. This really does stay on during the day for me. I have an extremely oily t-zone so yes, I will need to blot and powder for my face to look the best, but sometimes I don't (I work in a busy medical office) and I look totally fine at the end of the day. I look dewy and slightly shiny sometimes but the makeup is definitely there and intact. This does last a little longer with a primer underneath and powder on top, but it still lasts a loooong time without too. I remove this with Pond's Cold Cream and a baby wipe, then I wash my face with SpectroJel on my Olay Pro X brush. This foundation has not given me any breakouts. It does not seem to transfer excessively.

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
I think this foundation is fantastic. It's cheap and easy to find. I am super impressed by the colour match, because my skin is so yellow and this matches fairly well. It also photographs well because it doesn't have SPF (which I don't mind). It looks great in all lighting. All in all, I think this is great if you can find a shade that matches you. The colour selection is a little lacking and like most drugstore foundations, fairer and deeper complexions will have a hard time finding a match. I think this would be great for drier/normal skins as it is hydrating and doesn't feel dry. It does not control my oil, so if you have very oily skin, just be aware of that. If you're looking for a foundation that covers well, is a breeze to apply, photographs well and lasts all day, this is definitely worth a try.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by PoppyCorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation gave the perfect light-medium coverage. But it's buildable. It doesnt get cakey over time. I live in a country where it's summer 24/7 and i have oily skin. After approx. 7 hours, it will start to slip. But then again, with my skin type and weather it isn't surprising. I am in the shade Nude. I would repurchase this product because it is my perfect shade and it stays pretty well. I have tried Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin and that tends to become pretty cakey on me. This product has my blessing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

Best drugstore foundation ever. I think I've repurchased this at least 20 times, cause I've been using it religiously for about 4 years now. It gives amazing coverage but still doesn't feel heavy on the ski, and it doesn't break me out. What's nice about the packaging is that once you start running low, you can cut the top and go dig for what's stuck; you get about a week's worth of product you'd be wasting if you didn't! Also you can rinse it out and recycle it, that's super important and you can't do that with hard-plastic bottles like CoverGirl or Revlon. Plus it's only like 10$. Seriously, best stuff ever. If you want something lighter, try their BB Cream! It's basically the same, similar packaging and similar coverage, only lighter.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover0708

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this Foundation! I like how it looks and feels on the skin! It last all day, and it almost looks as it did when you took it on in the morning :D Its fodent smell bad, i actually like the smell and the smell disapears fast. the only downside is the color range, pale and light skin might find it hard to get a color that matches their skin. I have light to medium with yellow undertones and i picked the 100 and i think it looks great on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessinatorx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally came across this foundation in my mom's beauty kit. I don't wear foundation often, and had run out of my own. My mother is a similar skin tone, so I stole some of hers. This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I applied it at around 2 PM, went to a concert that night, and still had foundation when I got home around 1 AM. VERY impressed with how long it lasted. I bought my own tube last week. I paid $6.50. What a steal!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by bmoran2

Really good stuff. Better than colorstay. Just about the same coverage as colorstay without looking like 10 pounds of makeup. Looks dewy without powder. Cheap. Colors are dark, but you can easily lighten them with Manic Panic white foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I come back to this foundation over and over... my HG. Awesome coverage and it LASTS. I apply it with a big "airbrush" foundation brush and it looks great. I also sometimes use this just over areas that need coverage - under eyes, over blemishes - almost like a concealer, before a lighter powder foundation and its great for that too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gah. This was almost a big hit but it has a few flaws I can't look over. First (and obviously this won't be a flaw for everyone) they don't have a color to suit my skintone. I'm very pale and have pink undertones. I bought the "ivory" one and let me just say, what were they thinking when they named this "ivory"? It's actually orangish-brown compared to my skintone. I just can't pull it off because of that. Also, it feels like it doesn't set onto your skin. Like, you put it on and then if you touch your face your face almost feels sticky or oily even though it wasn't oily before. You would want to powder pretty well if you wore this. I haven't really gotten that feeling with other foundations where it just feels oily right after you put it on. It wasn't shiny or anything but when you actually felt your face it was a bizarre feeling. It does have amazing coverage but I found that it could look cakey when applied the wrong way. I applied it with a flat-top brush to get good coverage but then I had to go back and pat my face with my damp blending sponge, otherwise it would have looked too cakey.
I wish it came in a color suitable for me, and didn't feel weird on my skin. The coverage was a big plus with this and I don't think I've found the coverage in another drugstore foundation.