December 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

I find that this foundation and the balm one has a very brown kinda orange undertone instead of pink which my skin is . The lightest shade is almost like a beige I reckon and if you apply to much it looks cakey. I think it's to dark for me I have fair pink skin. I don't love this foundation it dried quite quick but feels almost sticky on like it's just sticking to your skin. It doesn't glide on nice and smooth like others would. I do like the final finish it does look smooth and is a medium coverage but I just wish it was in my shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

It doesn't last 25 hours surprise surprise but it does have decent last power. It's got quite a thick coverage but it's not really matt which is often what you get. I have quite reactive skin and it didn't give me spots.

However it is really too thick for me and the lightest shade is a little too dark.
Eureka.
I also got the Rimmel Match Perfection in the lightest colour at the same time on offer. I blend them 50/50 and I get I think my HG foundation. The match perfection makes the foundation less heavy and lighter but I still get the same staying power and it looks really really good. I'm so chuffed about this I'm going to post it on the match perfection page. I've been using this combination for 2 months now, no spots, no dryness and it looks great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is the first Rimmel product I've ever purchased. I got this for $7 including tax!!! In reviewing a product I try my darnedest to not let price influence me - like "for the price, this is great." Is it great? Or isn't it?

I am extremely impressed with this foundation. I have sampled tons of foundations lately. This one provides great coverage. It did not settle into pores and only minor settling in the little lines around the eyes. It didn't irritate my skin or eyes and did not cause breakouts. I definitely felt it on the skin but it was tolerable. This was slightly drying on my cheeks which are drier and more sensitive than the rest of my face. This sheered out nicely with a little moisturizer.

The color selection is terrible. Shade selection and lack of testers/samples are THE reasons I hate shopping at mass retailers. I got lucky and found a decent match (a hair dark) and fortunately it did not oxidize.

It just so happened that Fate brought me to this as I was also trying Dior Forever Flawless. With very minor differences, these looked and wore exactly the same (same color and all). I didn't just take my word for it, I wore them side by side and got random feedback without saying what I was comparing. When the Dior set, It was more dull and ashy looking than the Rimmel like there is clay or something in it. I would say the Dior hid pores slightly better and was overall more comfortable on the skin. To others who are less picky than I, there was absolutely no visible difference. None. Zero.

I know this won't last 25 hours because it didn't last the entire work day looking flawless. It definitely started breaking down which is the reason I would not repurchase. It didn't wear off and leave me exposed but it definitely didn't look nice. Dior has many more shades available and you can usually get a sample. But, if you are on a budget or enjoy getting a bargain, try your luck here.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation as it was quite cheap and i had read it had a full coverage which was what I needed for my acne prone skin. I bought the foundation in ivory (lightest shade) and it was a complete different colour to my skin tone! I looked like i was wearing a mask literally. It was also very cake- was full coverage- but too much! I tried applying with a brush, sponge, my fingers but I couldn't get it to look nice at all! Wont be purchasing again and very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Madlauz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FINALLY - my holy grail foundation.

ABSOLUTLEY incredible foundation - can be built up to full coverage, good colour match (I have extremely pale skin, 100 ivory is a perfect match). Great price, and used with rimels stay matte powder, it lasts a good 10 hours before any shine comes through.

I have tried 100000s of foundations : mac, make up forever, Elizabeth Arden, Estée Lauder... The list could go on forever.

Got it half price in pricelines Sale (aus) and as soon as it arrived, it had to go on. Boy I'm glad I took the chance after reading these reviews. It does not rub off on your hands, clothes or pillows (or your better half - love) once it's in your face, it stays there. Unbelievable.

Take the chance,it's so worth it!
Xoxo

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's doesn't last very long on the skin, it's orange, has poor coverage and doesn't skin into the skin at all its the worst foundation I have ever bought

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do not need to set it with powder to make it last a long time ,so its fabulous for woman who do not want that heavily made up " old lady" powder look.In general, powders are great for the young skin but not so great on any over 40 skin ( in real sunlight). You always see the peach fuzz- yuck.Highly recommend you try a long last foundation if you want o save time and not have to retouch all day.This one is a winner and very close to WetnWilds Coverall too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Again with squeeze tubes- everyone should be doing this! This foundation is a godsend! It has a semi-matte finish, not quite 100% matte but also not super dewy... And it has amazing coverage! This reminds me of Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation but obviously not creme it's liquid. It has an obvious scent but it doesn't transfer to the face. It has an amazing lasting power also! While it is sliiiiiightly dewy it doesn't make me look oily at all. Set this with powder and it leaves me matte almost all day. The only thing that SUCKS about this foundation is the color selection isn't too great. If you are too fair or too dark this won't work for you. I am fortunately in the shade selection. Love! I have repurchased many times and will repurchase many more!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WOW! This foundation has seriously impressed me. First off, the packaging is easy to dispense and small; good for on the go. Second, the color selection was spot on! It is rare I get a perfect match, considering I am so pale. The lightest shade was great for my skin tone. The coverage is VERY full, but without feeling thick or cakey. It's hard to explain, but the look of it is almost angelic. Lasting power is 2nd to none. Used with Stay Matte powder, it is almost infallible. No oil penetrated the foundation even over a 12 hour period. I have tried everything from MAC to BareMinerals, and nothing has impressed me more! The matte finish, full coverage, and beautiful smooth/airbrushed look will leave you wanting more! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best foundation I ever used. I used to use Avon makeup I go it for free cause mums an Avon lady but my skin didn't like Avon I got pimples and it always sweated off. I brought this as well as their stay matte powder and the two together create a makeup look that lasts ALL DAY without touch ups, I work at McDonald's and it gets really hot behind the counter especially if I'm on fries and the Avon makeup would slide off my nose and chin but this lasts (it does start to look shiny on my nose but that's just because my nose is very oily and a quick powder top up will fix this) and the colour ivory is perfect for me it is winter in Australia now so I have to blend a bit into my neck but its not bad as a teenager on McDonald's pay rate and nothing else I can't afford mac and smash box and nice makeup but this looks nice enough perfect for me! Only con is it dribbles a lot out of the lid my friend borrowed this and didn't expect so much to dribble out and ended up wasting heaps cause she squeezed it and heaps came out :s but its good cause when it runs out I can squeeze down to the very last drop. Love love love this!